Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
I see the Dev still doesn't know anything about university.
He's written and rendered the whole thing like it's high school 2.0.

Oh no two students had sex? Quick call the president!
NEWS AT SIX! Students in university allegedly had sex!

Also even the idea that a midget would have any chance to get into a D1 basketball team is hilarious, as is the idea that a roid junkie wouldn't get tested out nearly immediately.

I think even in the "school" bathroom scene one of the women said something about leaving before they get detention.
Detention? Really? In uni?
How are you going to put adults into detention?

There are so many more examples [like being on some sort of sport rotation throughout the year? That's still a high school thing.] just don't write based on source material you have no understanding of.

Then there is not having a driver's license because it's expensive ... really? Maybe in some weird shithole country, but then the story is set in a western country where a driver's license costs next to nothing.
In western countries the government wants people to drive, because driving means buying vehicles, fuel, paying taxes and thus working, which is a net positive for the economy.
They don't want to put stupid barriers, like making the license expensive, in place because that then lifts the average age that people would be driving.

Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png

Nami seems to have forgot that earlier she said the temperature in Celsius, when telling Sonya that she should wear less because it was going to be 36C that day.

This does not deserve the 4.5 star rating it has.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Ocean said months ago he removed only Mila's smoking habit cause he said something along the lines "Cause smoking is the most stupid habit a poor person can have, it drains your money", and it's kinda true. If Mila is saving everything she can to get out of her abusive home, it makes sense she wouldn't be wasting in constantly in cig packs.
Despite Bella constantly mocking Nika's economic status, he's not dirt poor, so I imagine he can indulge himself.
That's not how addictions work, it's not rational, no matter how much money you have or want to save. If the explanation is that being bad for health, he prefers not to incorporate it or that he doesn't like it or that they banned smoking in Steam, it is acceptable and understandable, but trying to explain it because "a poor person should not smoke", ufff, that is wrong on too many levels.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
I see the Dev still doesn't know anything about university.
He's written and rendered the whole thing like it's high school 2.0.

Oh no two students had sex? Quick call the president!
NEWS AT SIX! Students in university allegedly had sex!

Also even the idea that a midget would have any chance to get into a D1 basketball team is hilarious, as is the idea that a roid junkie wouldn't get tested out nearly immediately.

I think even in the "school" bathroom scene one of the women said something about leaving before they get detention.
Detention? Really? In uni?
How are you going to put adults into detention?

There are so many more examples [like being on some sort of sport rotation throughout the year? That's still a high school thing.] just don't write based on source material you have no understanding of.

Then there is not having a driver's license because it's expensive ... really? Maybe in some weird shithole country, but then the story is set in a western country where a driver's license costs next to nothing.
In western countries the government wants people to drive, because driving means buying vehicles, fuel, paying taxes and thus working, which is a net positive for the economy.
They don't want to put stupid barriers, like making the license expensive, in place because that then lifts the average age that people would be driving.

View attachment 3059528
View attachment 3059530

Nami seems to have forgot that earlier she said the temperature in Celsius, when telling Sonya that she should wear less because it was going to be 36C that day.

This does not deserve the 4.5 star rating it has.
There is a HUGE difference between Western universities and college versus European and other countries' versions of the same.

Last edited:

Tysonator2000

Feb 24, 2020
I don't want to ruin your enthusiasm, but there is a little problem here. Bella's sister, like Amber, Claire and Bella too is blonde, Summer, on the other hand is dark brown. And MC would probably recognize Summer, if she was on the picture, in Bella's room.
I joked about how ridiculous it'd be if Summer was just there the whole time, much like a soap opera. I wasn't being serious. Women dye their hair constantly, so being a blonde isn't an argument. Summer came from a rich family, and they looked down on Nika for being poor. Amber would've kept him away from Bella, if it was the same mom. The sister looks like Bella's twin. If anything, Summer would look more like Eva, rather than Bella. Elsa's the only known relative that's been encountered so far, then again Summer's last name is never given. There's good odds she has other family we have seen, just not revealed yet.

Reactions: Lurcher1

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
That's not how addictions work, it's not rational, no matter how much money you have or want to save. If the explanation is that being bad for health, he prefers not to incorporate it or that he doesn't like it or that they banned smoking in Steam, it is acceptable and understandable, but trying to explain it because "a poor person should not smoke", ufff, that is wrong on too many levels.
Maybe I didn't explain myself: He made it as if Mila has never ever smoked, cause she knew starting the habit would drain her money. Not that she simply stopped smoking at some point: She never started it.
Just like original Nika, original Vic and original Bella had some personality tweaks, Mila got hers.
It's just me, but I don't think Ocean ever said 'A poor person should never smoke'. I saw it more as him wanting Mila to be smarter and simply tweaking her initial liking to nicotine.

I was in art school when I was younger, and constantly running out of money to get my art supplies, so I know for a fact that a poor person can smoke, and they'll manage to get money for their cigs if they really want to :KEK:

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Maybe I didn't explain myself: He made it as if Mila has never ever smoked, cause she knew starting the habit would drain her money. Not that she simply stopped smoking at some point: She never started it.
Just like original Nika, original Vic and original Bella had some personality tweaks, Mila got hers.
It's just me, but I don't think Ocean ever said 'A poor person should never smoke'. I saw it more as him wanting Mila to be smarter and simply tweaking her initial liking to nicotine.

I was in art school when I was younger, and constantly running out of money to get my art supplies, so I know for a fact that a poor person can smoke, and they'll manage to get money for their cigs if they really want to :KEK:
Beyond the fact that she never smoked in this version, Ocean's explanation for deciding not to smoke, is what is wrong. And you saying that somehow it is kinda true, is what made me answer your post, besides I had already answered Mortarion's post where he showed the Log where Ocean explained his decision.
Still, I'm sorry if I sound aggressive or against you, it just seems a bit inappropriate for Ocean to express himself this way.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Beyond the fact that she never smoked in this version, Ocean's explanation for deciding not to smoke, is what is wrong. And you saying that somehow it is kinda true, is what made me answer your post, besides I had already answered Mortarion's post where he showed the Log where Ocean explained his decision.

Still, I'm sorry if I sound aggressive or against you, it just seems a bit inappropriate for Ocean to express himself this way.
It is a valid point; addiction doesn't have any barriers. It is also a valid point to say that feeding a very expensive habit (plus the medical costs that come with it) is certainly one of the stupidest things a person can do, including poor people. I don't think he is saying poor people are stupid, or that poor people who are smokers are stupid. He is saying that of all the things that poor people don't have money for, continuing to support that habit is stupid (for anyone, more so if you can't afford anything else).

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
It is a valid point; addiction doesn't have any barriers. It is also a valid point to say that feeding a very expensive habit (plus the medical costs that come with it) is certainly one of the stupidest things a person can do, including poor people. I don't think he is saying poor people are stupid, or that poor people who are smokers are stupid. He is saying that of all the things that poor people don't have money for, continuing to support that habit is stupid (for anyone, more so if you can't afford anything else).
It would be too long a debate and totally out of topic to go into this matter. Just to say that the more things you lack, the more you will look for immediate gratification, the less projection for the future, the more likely you will fall into the different traps of the immediate. So, let's agree not to agree and leave this topic aside.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Something wicked this way comes....

SanchoMod proudly presents:
Summer's Gone Multi-Mod (Chapter 5 Beta Update)
View attachment 3042032
Go get you some.
( Simply click on the banner image above )
View attachment 3042034 View attachment 3042035 View attachment 3042036

The mod so badass it apparently can't be listed in the OP!
By request:
Includes the original Jacuzzi scene (found within SanchoGallery) and other miscellaneous scene reversions.

Changlelog:
  • Fixed every single bug I could find and reported the most critical ones to the dev directly.
  • Fixed the dev's missing images and wrong images during gameplay... but I didn't fix the stock gallery. Use SanchoGallery instead, that'll get you done.
  • Added missing sounds and music as necessary.
  • Reverted some old content back to their original more lewd variants. NOTE: The original full Jacuzzi scene is included inside SanchoGallery, the one shown during playthrough remains the dev's new edited version. This is intentional.
  • So many minor tweaks I can't even begin to log them all.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v7b with even more features. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner above). Regards and be well.

- Sancho
You haven't tried SanchoMod? Oh boy, you're missing out bud.

Just a friendly reminder... go get you some.

Regards folks.

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021

No worries, didn't feel any aggressiveness there. As for the thing with Mila, I understand both sides: Mila went from somebody who smokes cause they feel like it to somebody who avoids it cause she's thinking in her future plans long term. As for how Ocean worded it though, I personally didn't feel like he was inappropriate... but then again my fiance is German, maybe I'm just immune to how they say things sometimes. :KEK:

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
There is a HUGE difference between Western universities and college versus European and other countries' versions of the same.
Sure, but that doesn't change anything.
It's a western university setting.
Everyone speaks English as a first language, almost everyone has western names with western spellings, metric seems to be the standard and the drinking age seems to be 18, so that narrows down the setting.
Do you remember their high school's name? That narrows it down even more.

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
Everyone speaks English as a first language, almost everyone has western names with western spellings, metric seems to be the standard and the drinking age seems to be 18, so that narrows down the setting.
SG is not set in the real world you know, so any ACCURATE comparison to US or other western universities is kind of futile.

... but then again my fiance is German, maybe I'm just immune to how they say things sometimes. :KEK:
So tell me how exactly we "say things sometimes".

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
You are looking at his explanation from person thinking perspective, but it is meant to be from character building perspective.
It isn't Mila who would think "smoking is worst poor person can do".

Ocean want Mila to be poor, but he want it be something, she's not responsible for. If Mila smoke, she would be responsible for her situation partially. However, she will be somebody, who born to poverty, but through dediction and smart decition get out of it, after this change.

Doomyk

Jun 7, 2019
I don't think,that steam ban for smoking scenes.Nami solo route-they smoke.And i don't see any problems with smoking in game for some characters or in some events.Specifically, in the case of Mila, the dev could have removed the option to smoke, because some people don’t really like smokers. And Mila is not the most popular character,with smoking it will be even fewer fans. It’s the queens who can be forgiven for their little sins. I don’t see anything wrong with the Nick and Bella smoking scene in bed.Not all the time, but in rare cases, why not?

Last edited:

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
You are a fantastic detective. You might want re-read the story.
Perhaps you missed the very points you just made. Metric. Check those names again. 'Football.' The drinking age.

And if it were a "Western university setting," there would not be teachers, detention, a lunch room, lockers, gym time, co-ed sports teams, 'sports college,' art class, a person checking student IDs at a counter, etc.

Have you ever been to a Western university? Nothing in this story resembles a Western university in any way. Nothing.

Then there is the cost of a driver's license. Costs almost nothing in most U.S. states and territories. There are some states that require formal schools before application. That certainly raises the cost. However, in European countries and in several Eastern countries I've lived in, it is quite expensive and usually can't be done until the age of 18 to 21.

So, as you stated, "just don't write based on source material you have no understanding of [sic]."

It is fine if you don't like the VN. But if you are going to write a whole diatribe on reasons it is "wrong," then at least get those wrong things right. Just a thought.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
You are a fantastic detective. You might want re-read the story.
Perhaps you missed the very points you just made. Metric. Check those names again. 'Football.' The drinking age.

And if it were a "Western university setting," there would not be teachers, detention, a lunch room, lockers, gym time, co-ed sports teams, 'sports college,' art class, a person checking student IDs at a counter, etc.

Have you ever been to a Western university? Nothing in this story resembles a Western university in any way. Nothing.

Then there is the cost of a driver's license. Costs almost nothing in most U.S. states and territories. There are some states that require formal schools before application. That certainly raises the cost. However, in European countries and in several Eastern countries I've lived in, it is quite expensive and usually can't be done until the age of 18 to 21.

So, as you stated, "just don't write based on source material you have no understanding of [sic]."

It is fine if you don't like the VN. But if you are going to write a whole diatribe on reasons it is "wrong," then at least get those wrong things right. Just a thought.
I didn't miss anything.

"western" doesn't mean only the USA.
In fact, I'm from an English speaking, metric using, sub-21 drinking age western country with world-class universities.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Everyone speaks English as a first language.
Really? Maybe your game just has automatic subtitles enabled :)

Your post has some intriguing points then you went and complained about the metric system... Seriously? Fun Fact: MORE Westernized, English-speaking ("as a first language") countries use the Metric System than don't.

SG is not a documentary. The fictional SG world borrows traits from different Westernized cultures. The Dev lives outside the U.S. Many, many players of the game live outside the U.S. People outside the U.S. don't give a crap if SG fully, accurately, or solely represents the entirety of American culture (which it doesn't anyway). ...and people "outside the U.S." includes those from other western, English-speaking countries.

Valid point. Many of these are high school terms.

Nothing? Invalid point, it's your opinion and hyperbole at that. I attended a western, non-U.S. university and can relate to many university/college things from the game.

All your point proves is that the SG universe is an amalgam of western cultures. There are Western countries where you have to take a series of costly and mandatory driving lessons before you can sit your license (which itself is not expensive) and it can be done at 15-16.

ADDENDUM: These posts, say it better:

I didn't miss anything.

In fact, I'm from an English speaking, metric using, sub-21 drinking age western country with world-class universities.
PS - I'm from a similar country that's not the U.S.A.

I don't even want to argue, just some quote from the dev FYI:

https://f95zone.to/threads/summers-gone-ch-5-beta-oceanlab.29981/post-9686883

He also said that he uses the German legal age restriction for drinking beer or wine, which is 16yo.

ADDENDUM 2: I mistook some of Nurikabe's posts for those of the OP, Content_Consumer. So, I apologize to Nurikabe because this meant I assumed he supported Content_Consumer's position in his reply.

Last edited:

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I didn't miss anything.

I don't even want to argue, just some quote from the dev FYI:
From here: The games now play in a fictional world. (No US or Europe). I want to be able to make my own rules, but I adopted traits of the US and Europe.
He also said that he uses the German legal age restriction for drinking beer or wine, which is 16yo.

4.30 star(s) 503 Votes