RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
I see the Dev still doesn't know anything about university.
He's written and rendered the whole thing like it's high school 2.0.

Oh no two students had sex? Quick call the president!
NEWS AT SIX! Students in university allegedly had sex!

Also even the idea that a midget would have any chance to get into a D1 basketball team is hilarious, as is the idea that a roid junkie wouldn't get tested out nearly immediately.

I think even in the "school" bathroom scene one of the women said something about leaving before they get detention.
Detention? Really? In uni?
How are you going to put adults into detention?

There are so many more examples [like being on some sort of sport rotation throughout the year? That's still a high school thing.] just don't write based on source material you have no understanding of.

Then there is not having a driver's license because it's expensive ... really? Maybe in some weird shithole country, but then the story is set in a western country where a driver's license costs next to nothing.
In western countries the government wants people to drive, because driving means buying vehicles, fuel, paying taxes and thus working, which is a net positive for the economy.
They don't want to put stupid barriers, like making the license expensive, in place because that then lifts the average age that people would be driving.

View attachment 3059528
View attachment 3059530

Nami seems to have forgot that earlier she said the temperature in Celsius, when telling Sonya that she should wear less because it was going to be 36C that day.

This does not deserve the 4.5 star rating it has.
Nothing wrong with not being able to relate to Ocean's illogical and nonsensical mess of a world.
While I really like your post and find the criticism more than fair I'd like to argue a couple of points.

I like the Damian inclusion. I like the character. Even though initially I thought it was ludicrous he was trying to get into the basketball team, later on you can tell that both he and the others are very self aware of the challenges he faces. Coach Stahl even flat out says during the off hours practice that Damian won't be a starter. Which means he has virtually no change of making first team and that at best he can be a sub in the second or play the 3rd. If he makes the first team I'll back you up and bitch about it here.

The sex thing I have no issues with because I interpreted it as just being a relevant rumour because it supposedly happened in school grounds. There were similar rumours in my college but no one made a big deal out of it.

The driver's license issue is easy to dismiss so I can't agree with you there. Nojiko does state that with the MC's psych appointments, money is being stretched thin. And they certainly can't afford the club membership so it makes sense that an extra expense like a license wouldn't be a priority. Even if Nojiko can afford it, the MC might not want that burden on her.

Honestly, you don't have to dig that deep. You can still enjoy the game even if you notice all the inconsistencies. I mean how can you take SG's world seriously when 99.9% of the characters look like models. Where are all the 4's, 5's and 6's in Ocean's world huh???

I agree the rating of SG is really inflated but does it matter? Just use it as a baseline to see if you want to try it out or not.

Last edited:

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I don't understand this post of you completely... What are you refering to? Can you explain a little better ?
I mean the original post that started this whole debate about whether a college life is right or wrong depicted in the game and how much it costs to get a driver's license. :)
https://f95zone.to/threads/summers-gone-ch-5-beta-oceanlab.29981/post-12121222

The author of the post criticizes the game for the implausibility of such minor details (minor details imho, of course), which barely a few people in this thread paid attention to before. And as a result, he makes conslusion that the game does not deserve its rating because of this.

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
Honestly, you don't have to dig that deep. You can still enjoy the game even if you notice all the inconsistencies. I mean how can you take SG's world seriously when 99.9% of the characters look like models. Where are all the 4's, 5's and 6's in Ocean's world huh???

I agree the rating of SG is really inflated but does it matter? Just use it as a baseline to see if you want to try it out or not.
AVN games have this problem with only good looking models, You want the AAA treatment with ugly chick protagonist currently fad?
And about inflated rating, this game is under 50 in rating on the site.

Edit: youre judging this game as it would be a limited series or some shit.
Is flattering in a way, but do you have this layer of scrutiny to other games on this site too?

Last edited:

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
AVN games have this problem with only good looking models, You want the AAA treatment with ugly chick protagonist currently fad?
I don't really "want" anything. I think the world would be more believable with a few average looking side and background characters.

And about inflated rating, this game is under 50 in rating on the site.
And you don't think its deserved? I did warn about this thread becoming an echo chamber when fair criticism is stifled. Where else do you think people with dissenting opinions are gonna vent if they can't do it in here? I've always thought the perceived quality of this game is far more controversial than a lot of fans here want to believe... Its an average AVN imo, but it doesn't surprise me to see some think of it as a little below average.

EDIT: Oh no no no no. Don't even think about turning this on me. OCEAN HIMSELF INVITED THIS LEVEL OF SCRUTINY! With the reworks, and the music licenses and the perfectionism. He still does in every update he puts out. I'm just holding his feet to the fire.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Nothing wrong with not being able to relate to Ocean's illogical and nonsensical mess of a world.
While I really like your post and find the criticism more than fair I'd like to argue a couple of points.

I like the Damian inclusion. I like the character. Even though initially I thought it was ludicrous he was trying to get into the basketball team, later on you can tell that both he and the others are very self aware of the challenges he faces. Coach Stahl even flat out says during the off hours practice that Damian won't be a starter. Which means he has virtually no change of making first team and that at best he can be a sub in the second or play the 3rd. If he makes the first team I'll back you up and bitch about it here.

The sex thing I have no issues with because I interpreted it as just being a relevant rumour because it supposedly happened in school grounds. There were similar rumours in my college but no one made a big deal out of it.

The driver's license issue is easy to dismiss so I can't agree with you there. Nojiko does state that with the MC's psych appointments, money is being stretched thin. And they certainly can't afford the club membership so it makes sense that an extra expense like a license wouldn't be a priority. Even if Nojiko can afford it, the MC might not want that burden on her.

I guess there's also the perennial AVN issue of making a game with a HS feel but containing legal-age characters who are too old for HS (hence college).

Every game on F95 requires suspension of belief. Are they all only worthy of a 1- or 2-star rating because of this? So you are right, one can still enjoy games even with all the inconsistencies. It also helps to see the woods for the trees (I say this after reading comments in a thread for a hard sci-fi AVN, criticizing the Dev's interpretation of using guns in the vacuum of space)

PS - I still laugh at the metric system objection though :)

Last edited:

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
I don't really "want" anything. I think the world would be more believable with a few average looking side and background characters.

And you don't think its deserved? I did warn about this thread becoming an echo chamber when fair criticism is stifled. Where else do you think people with dissenting opinions are gonna vent if they can't do it in here? I've always thought the perceived quality of this game is far more controversial than a lot of fans here want to believe... Its an average AVN imo, but it doesn't surprise me to see some think of it as a little below average.
For the first question,
The work load will increase to add inclusion of beauty, and the most people would agree about having a diverse cast of actors to make the scene alive(Number of actors in a scene, Not their perceived beauty), this is what people would ask first.

Second question, Sure you can, then again we can talk about Ocean script, motivations, character agency, plot and drama all day and people will engage in a civil manner, As in Visual quality is so far ahead than most games here you cant really call this inflated, or can you?

You can enter some threads with perfect rating 5 and try to engage into a discussion and that thread is dead and void of life.

You can talk about echo chamber or even a circlejerk sauna, sure. I just dont see this argument about being overrated if we are talking about similar games in this site. You can call this overrated but ....what is your baseline then. What is good for you? I count find maybe 5 games better than this one subjectively speaking.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020

EDIT: Oh no no no no. Don't even think about turning this on me. OCEAN HIMSELF INVITED THIS LEVEL OF SCRUTINY! With the reworks, and the music licenses and the perfectionism. He still does in every update he puts out. I'm just holding his feet to the fire.
I remember when it was on the first or top of the second page by weighted rating. I think it was after second chapter. That is overrated. Bottom of the third page is... I guess it's good enough

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
I remember when it was on the first or top of the second page by weighted rating. I think it was after second chapter. That is overrated. Bottom of the third page is... I guess it's good enough
Ocean is thinking about roman empire and trying to do roads and villages, bringing clear water to all his people. But with a big project like that is easy to find enemies and naysayers.
If he succeed he is going to be Marcus Aurelius Antoninus if not. Nero or Oceanmilk idk.
:KEK:

John972

Apr 24, 2018
I second that, plus with nearly 450 reviews we can be pretty sure SG DOES deserve 4.5 ratings.
I guess I'll wait (out of interest) to see the rating after the first chapter with some sex finally drops :)

As to the rating system, I assume the dodgy-looking positive and negative reviews cancel each other out over time. By "dodgy-looking," I mean reviews by either new accounts or accounts with little or no forum engagement.

Reactions: Sleepy666

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
Not really, it's important to specify that it's an opinion because there are many users who like to pretend that they hold the eternal truth despite continuing to play a game they don't like, usually this kind of people are just trolls.

Edit: Facepalm someone to tries to teach you something, very mature :HideThePain:
You're saying it wrong. For example: I like the pictures in SG, but the plot seems very boring to me (maybe it will become better in the future). The music is also not to my taste, it’s fine to listen to it in a game, but I wouldn’t turn it on in a car. I think it’s the same with other people, they like some things and don’t like others. For you, everything is either black or white. It's not very good to think like that.

Reactions: hawk784563

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
I guess I'll wait (out of interest) to see the rating after the first chapter with some sex finally drops :)

As to the rating system, I assume the dodgy-looking positive and negative reviews cancel each other out over time. By "dodgy-looking," I mean reviews by either new accounts or accounts with little or no forum engagement.
When Nika pours sause into some girl, Bear market is over, this game is gonna explode. My guess more than half people playing AVN dodge games without sex.

• Haha
Reactions: Lurcher1

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020

While I consider revie systems such as f95, not very useful. From my point of view nothing that is not finished can have 5* or 10 or 100 depending on which valuation system is used.

When these systems are used there comes a point where the valuation no longer makes any sense. For example, you go to metacritic and search for GoT, there are hundreds and hundreds of 100's from.... 2011. In other words, it has a perfect review from when the show was incredibly good. The same happens here, where the first ratings are for a game that in reality, no longer exists, in fact, every review for any update prior to 4.5 corresponds to a game that no longer exists.

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
Sex scenes are likely not gonna happen anytime soon.

The game is on Steam now — being sold in Germany (where Steam doesn't doesn't allow adult games) and without any sexual content tags.
This means the dev cannot add any sexual content to the Steam version and the game files mustn't contain any sexual content either.

To get sex scenes we would now need something like a 1GB uncensor patch.
He put his foot on steam market, next season is 18+
Is good business going foward with lewds or he is going to have justified discontent from the unwashed masses.

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
For the first question,
The work load will increase to add inclusion of beauty, and the most people would agree about having a diverse cast of actors to make the scene alive(Number of actors in a scene, Not their perceived beauty), this is what people would ask first.
You say correctly but there are things with which I do not agree. Creating actors cannot be considered a workload, because you create them once and then use them endlessly.

You can talk about echo chamber or even a circlejerk sauna, sure. I just dont see this argument about being overrated if we are talking about similar games in this site. You can call this overrated but ....what is your baseline then. What is good for you? I count find maybe 5 games better than this one subjectively speaking.
Of course there must be a revaluation. For example, sex scenes should appear soon, for whom they are important will give positive ratings. The same thing will happen when the plot develops in the game and new music appears, etc.

Sep 18, 2022
Of course there must be a revaluation. For example, sex scenes should appear soon, for whom they are important will give positive ratings. The same thing will happen when the plot develops in the game and new music appears, etc.
You know what? I agree and I'm sick of it. If Oceanmilk isn't going to add sex scenes soon, we should totally get together and make our own. We can show all these blind nuthuggers what the "A" stands for in AVN.

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
You're saying it wrong. For example: I like the pictures in SG, but the plot seems very boring to me (maybe it will become better in the future). The music is also not to my taste, it’s fine to listen to it in a game, but I wouldn’t turn it on in a car. I think it’s the same with other people, they like some things and don’t like others. For you, everything is either black or white. It's not very good to think like that.
Well the dev doesn't care if you would turn it in the car or not, the idea of the game music is to be good when you play, doesn't have to be associated with anything else that it's not related to the game, if you want to listen to it in your car or not then that's just an extension of your choice.

And about black or white, depends on what we talking about exactly because there are situations where that kind of thinking applies, to say that i think everything is either black or white is not something remotely true and it's kind of a stretch.

If i would do that, i would fall on of the two extremes and be either a yesman or a troll of the game which i'm not, therefore no, i don't think you are exactly right about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Penfold Mole
4.30 star(s) 503 Votes