fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
Being the overthinker that I am... is anyone else a little nervous that Bella is the first real interest but so soon. Surely we aren't going to fall in love and stay happy for 3 seasons, regardless of how much she wiggles..

• Thinking Face
Reactions: offset8 and scalvi

olololo1234

May 11, 2019
no if you get bored making one or stuck you can go to the second game so you don't get burned out doing one thing
I have never seen this from this perspective. So, after Summer's Gone chapter 3 Ocean will develop the other game?

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
I have never seen this from this perspective. So, after Summer's Gone chapter 3 Ocean will develop the other game?
If you're not familiar with the other game, Where It All Began then it's worth checking out. He had 6 chapters done but it's getting a major makeover. A lot will be changed but if you're bored check it out. It's long enough to still be enjoyable.

Reactions: olololo1234

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
If you're not familiar with the other game, Where It All Began then it's worth checking out. He had 6 chapters done but it's getting a major makeover. A lot will be changed but if you're bored check it out. It's long enough to still be enjoyable.
The game is being remade at more than 90% xD is it not going to be almost the same, story? some things will remain but most change. Characters? yes, the same ones but not their plot or their personality ... so is it feasible to recommend the game at this point? I do not think so. Is it fun to play it to see the different stages of development that it has gone through and see the evolution of Ocean as a Dev ect? Yes, absolutely. It is still an enjoyable game despite the fact that there is a big difference between the beginning and the end and its multiple mistakes in the plot.

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
The game is being remade at more than 90% xD is it not going to be almost the same, story? some things will remain but most change. Characters? yes, the same ones but not their plot or their personality ... so is it feasible to recommend the game at this point? I do not think so. Is it fun to play it to see the different stages of development that it has gone through and see the evolution of Ocean as a Dev ect? Yes, absolutely. It is still an enjoyable game despite the fact that there is a big difference between the beginning and the end and its multiple mistakes in the plot.
I hadn't played SG until this beta release, afterward I saw ocean had another game which I knew the title was familiar but I couldn't remember it. Seeing the title screen brought it back and I played it all over, very worth it to me for the darkstar scene alone lol. Since then I've been playing both a little bit almost every day. Sure there are other games but these are two of the best. I do still think it's fun and worth a recommendation.

Reactions: rerderrum

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
The remake of WIAB is probably so far away that I see no reason why not try it right now. I have started at the very least 3 times and I had enjoyed it a lot each time.

MaviusJones

Mar 23, 2019
Why? Sorry, I correct myself. WHY:oops:? I do not understand it. Why would you tear yourself apart by creating to games at the same time? Would it not make more sense to fully focus on this game?
He is actually planning on doing something like 5 games all in the same universe, a rather ambitious undertaking indeed. Now that he's got 2 rigs working on both should be easier and he said he'll be doing half chapters for SG to decrease the time between updates. The way OCEAN fleshes out stories is by treating each character like an MC and using a notebook to write down their individual motivations, thoughts, desires etc. So he can better flesh out their personalities. The first few chapters of WIAB are rough, you can tell it was a starter project where he was learning as he created, but it eventually starts to morph into a much better story/characters towards the end, I suspect this is why the rework is happening, as the quality of his work has improved so drastically. I kind of hated WIAB for a bit to be honest, but by the end of chapter 6 I was hooked and looking forward to more, so the rework is warranted in my opinion.

My hope is OCEAN gets enough support via these 2 excellent games, that by the end of the year they'll be able to start doing this as a full time job and then start actually hiring others as a real studio. I'm now advertising for him every chance I get in order to facilitate this and you should too! :cool:

olololo1234

May 11, 2019
no if you get bored making one or stuck you can go to the second game so you don't get burned out doing one thing
I understand. He can ask his patreons (highest tiers for example) for ideas, when he gets stuck. Everyone of those few patreons could write a short text (100-150 words). That would give him some help and input and would not be too long to read. But only if he needs the help. And then it would be OUR game comrade.;) Just kidding.:ROFLMAO: Although the idea with the short text sounds pretty decent to me. But he is the dev and he knows how to do it the best way.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 502 Votes