hermit_tr

Jan 20, 2022
I can’t even imagine how this is possible. I recently watched a training video about Daz, there was a Warhammer style battle. There were 3 times more people in this scene than in the book club. Everything opened normally without significant delays, while the author of the video had 1x3090 and Ocean had 2x3090. I think this is Ocean's problem with the PC, maybe the SSD started to die.
Like I said, I don't know anything about Daz3d.
As far as I know, in 3D rendering, it's not the number of objects that matters, but how detailed the texture is used.

Explanations from seniors and Ocean Dev Log.

Sometime ago it was explained why the A6000 was needed, I honestly can't find it at the moment.
SG's workstation, so from memory, is a threadripper 3970x, a 3090, a 4090 and 128 gb of ram.
WIAB's pc was a ryzen 9 3700x with the A6000 and the 3090 which was SG's (it used to be a 2080).

I don't know DAZ but...

Scene load time is an issue, Ocean talked about it in the latest Dev Log.

But what Ocean mostly complains about is VRAM constraints, which is a hardware constraint mostly rather than a DAZ limitation. The more stuff you have in a scene (model complexity, number of models, number of lights etc.) the more VRAM you need to be able to load it in DAZ. It just fails to load if it runs out of VRAM.

That's why he talks about getting A6000 cards, more VRAM. The problem is A6000s render a lot slower than 4090s etc. Which is why no other AVN dev I know of are using A6000 cards, they're using 4090s etc. because they render faster.

When people talk about Ocean doing better optimisation, what they mean is reducing the complexity of the scenes so they're easier to load & render faster. But that requires compromises, reduce the complexity of environments, reduce the number of characters, use background chars instead of full models etc.

Ocean isn't a fan of making those sort of compromises. That's why he's reworking scenes he felt were too empty originally for example. And spending a bomb on A6000 cards for the VRAM despite them rendering slower.

Not at all, we're gentlemen after all. Scouts Honour! :whistle:
DAZ is one of the most poorly optimized software ever.

When DAZ makes an image what it does is basically rendering the same image over and over again, it then combines them to make the final picture. Every single render is called iteration. You can notice right away if the final picture was done with a low iteration count because it has a distinct sandy feel.

When you're rendering with multiple GPUs DAZ make every GPU render a different iteration. That means that each GPU must be able to load that picture on its own. So if a render requires 17GB to load, both GPUs need to have that amount.

Last edited:

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
Like I said, I don't know anything about Daz3d.
As far as I know, in 3D rendering, it's not the number of objects that matters, but how detailed the texture is used.
I also don’t know about Daz.
If you compare texture detail, Ocean's work will be worse. This is because Ocean only has well-drawn characters and the background is blurry. Warhammer has no blur like Ocean's, everything is well detailed.

Reactions: hawk784563

burbero

Jun 18, 2022
Isn't it obvious that Nika is William and Leia's son? Let's look at Leia's character first; cold, serious, distant, planned, tough, cunning, assertive, vindictive, manipulative, all these are the same as Nika. William, on the other hand, is a controlling and quick-tempered man. He wants everything under his control, just like Nika.

Reactions: Krytax123

burbero

Jun 18, 2022
She was removed from the family because she was the seed of an incestuous relationship. If I remember correctly, Nika said that she had imaginary memories of her mother and felt her love. Those conversations should be revisited for clues.

hermit_tr

Jan 20, 2022
I also don’t know about Daz.
If you compare texture detail, Ocean's work will be worse. This is because Ocean only has well-drawn characters and the background is blurry. Warhammer has no blur like Ocean's, everything is well detailed.
And I also don't know what exactly you are comparing.

That Ocean's rendering requires an A6000 (48gb VRAM) alone proves how many assets and textures he has open.
Osean is not a developer who doesn't know how to save VRAM. He has expanded daz3d from 1060 (6gb), and already understands very well how to do it, even though, sometimes he still can't use 3090/4090 (24gb) due to lack of vram.

Take another look at Ocean's Dev Log section
There is also a Dev log (or Ocean's response) stating the limitations of the PC he was using (the various errors and crashes he was getting). That's why he wants to get a new PC. But not because the SSD is bad

Last edited:

hermit_tr

Jan 20, 2022
you wrote and I quote:

From your words, I concluded that a blurred image is worse than a non-blurred one. Perhaps I misunderstood you.
About warhammer.
We've both seen Ocean's work, but I haven't seen the warhammer you're referring to.

As for the blurry image displayed in the rendering, as far as I know, it has nothing to do with the amount of VRam used. Because it is possible that the blurred object still has all the assets and textures.
Of course, Ocean will not render in that situation. Ocean once said that in rendering, he tries to reduce as many assets and textures as possible in images that are rendered blurry, because it is useless to render the object in full (a waste of VRAM).
Even by doing so, he still often lacks VRAM.

That's why he needs a bigger VRAM. Because it can reduce the workload in reducing the texture of the rendered object (he can render the object in full without caring about VRAM).

And it's hard to see the amount of Vram used by a texture at a glance.

Last edited:

White cat6

Jan 21, 2024
Isn't it obvious that Nika is William and Leia's son? Let's look at Leia's character first; cold, serious, distant, planned, tough, cunning, assertive, vindictive, manipulative, all these are the same as Nika. William, on the other hand, is a controlling and quick-tempered man. He wants everything under his control, just like Nika.
It's not at all obvious. He is William's son but from another woman. He is most likely the son of Mon.

White cat6

Jan 21, 2024
Mon is such a blonde. I think Nika's hair would be lighter if she were her mother.
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]
I'm not sure yet but Nami's hair color is similar to Ben's hair color. This version has already been heard here. In addition, children of brunettes and blondes will in most cases become brunettes.

Darker than Black

Jan 13, 2024
I don't understand how people make definitive judgments about events that haven't happened yet. Nika does not have to be the child of any big family. He doesn't have to be Will's child, either. Of course, theories can be produced, but acting on a single theory as if it were the only truth narrows one's perspective on the story. It creates a shallow effect on forward-looking narrative thoughts. Nika X may or may not be someone's child. These are not definitive, just assumptions.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I don't understand how people make definitive judgments about events that haven't happened yet. Nika does not have to be the child of any big family. He doesn't have to be Will's child, either. Of course, theories can be produced, but acting on a single theory as if it were the only truth narrows one's perspective on the story. It creates a shallow effect on forward-looking narrative thoughts. Nika X may or may not be someone's child. These are not definitive, just assumptions.
first_time.gif

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
You want to ban the Dalli side of life! :cry:
WS once confessed to me that he taught Dalli how to build theories. Knowing this, I would prefer to keep the Dalli side of life within limits :)

Of course, theories can be produced, but acting on a single theory as if it were the only truth narrows one's perspective on the story. It creates a shallow effect on forward-looking narrative thoughts. Nika X may or may not be someone's child. These are not definitive, just assumptions.
I mostly agree with you, bro, but what else can you do while waiting for the next update instead of coming up with theories? :)

Although the visual similarity between the characters is a very weak basis for concluding that they are related. Many 3D assets are reused by the same developer, and this is a common practice. On the other hand, this gives the author room for maneuver; Behind the scene, he can change the relationships between the characters (until they are established in the released chapters), make them relatives or vice versa, and we will not even know about it.

To me, the most plausible argument that Nika is the offspring of W.Z (or one of the Zanes) is the fact that Ayua is Zane, and she's not a LI. Knowing that the canon version of the game does not feature incest, it makes sense if Nika and Ayua are related. But, if I remember it correctly, Ocean said that he would no longer disclose information about new LIs, so who knows, perhaps Ayua’s role has already changed.

So Nika, being Zane, becomes quite limited in his choice of LI, since he cannot mate a Zane offspring. And everyone who is a product of the loins of the W.Z will become unavailable to him due to possible incest. Although of course, in the canonical version of WiAB Leia and Katie are just an old friends... :KEK:

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
WS once confessed to me that he taught Dalli how to build theories. Knowing this, I would prefer to keep the Dalli side of life within limits :)
I miss all the theories built by WS. Devil is in details... :p

I mostly agree with you, bro, but what else can you do while waiting for the next update instead of coming up with theories? :)
It's either this or back to the usual "this has been around for 17 years 5 months 3 days 12 hours 39 minutes 45 seconds and there is still no sex!":KEK:

White cat6

Jan 21, 2024
У.С. однажды признался мне, что научил Далли строить теории. Зная это, я бы предпочёл держать сторону жизни Далли в рамках.:)

Во многом я с тобой согласен, братан, но чем еще ты можешь заняться в ожидании следующего обновления, вместо того, чтобы придумывать теории?:)

На мой взгляд, наиболее правдоподобным аргументом в пользу того, что Ника является отпрыском WZ (или одного из Зейнов), является тот факт, что Аюа — это Зейн, а не ЛИ. Зная, что в канонической версии игры нет инцеста, имеет смысл, если Ника и Аюя связаны. Но, если я правильно помню, Оушен сказал, что больше не будет раскрывать информацию о новых ЛИ, так что кто знает, возможно, роль Аюи уже изменилась.

[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]
Я предполагаю, что Аюа вообще не имеет никакого отношения к Вилли и Миру. Мила связала Аюю с буквой з в зпр. Но z — это Лея и только Лея. Возможно, Аюа — дочь Ри-Ри из ночного клуба, которую удочерила Лея?

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018

Although the visual similarity between the characters is a very weak basis for concluding that they are related. Many 3D assets are reused by the same developer, and this is a common practice. On the other hand, this gives the author room for maneuver; Behind the scene, he can change the relationships between the characters (until they are established in the released chapters), make them relatives or vice versa, and we will not even know about it.

To me, the most plausible argument that Nika is the offspring of W.Z (or one of the Zanes) is the fact that Ayua is Zane, and she's not a LI. Knowing that the canon version of the game does not feature incest, it makes sense if Nika and Ayua are related. But, if I remember it correctly, Ocean said that he would no longer disclose information about new LIs, so who knows, perhaps Ayua’s role has already changed.

So Nika, being Zane, becomes quite limited in his choice of LI, since he cannot mate a Zane offspring. And everyone who is a product of the loins of the W.Z will become unavailable to him due to possible incest. Although of course, in the canonical version of WiAB Leia and Katie are just an old friends... :KEK:
Or Ayua was kept off the list because he's planning on making her the protag in the third game, which will be how she inherits a katana and goes full ronin, wandering the earth in search of Summer, like a weird version of a Final Fantasy game? It could be genius, just sayin'. We're also assuming Willi's a breeder, but what if all the testosterone supplements have had THAT effect on him? Plot twist right there :sneaky:

I miss all the theories built by WS. Devil is in details... :p

It's either this or back to the usual "this has been around for 17 years 5 months 3 days 12 hours 39 minutes 45 seconds and there is still no sex!":KEK:
We'll get both in the same post on every other day now, surely.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Or Ayua was kept off the list because he's planning on making her the protag in the third game, which will be how she inherits a katana and goes full ronin, wandering the earth in search of Summer, like a weird version of a Final Fantasy game? It could be genius, just sayin'. We're also assuming Willi's a breeder, but what if all the testosterone supplements have had THAT effect on him? Plot twist right there :sneaky:
Ohhhhh Are you saying if Wiiliam is impotent then SG´s MC is impotent= William is the father!!!!!
:KEK:

We'll get both in the same post on every other day now, surely.
giphy (3).gif
:ROFLMAO:

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes