mostwanted8

Mar 8, 2024
I dont care she is a camgirl honestly I feel that just adds to her sad story and I kind of like it I know it's not for everyone.
Some people say that she had sex once on a live stream with a guy... I mean, big deal?
It's clear she's not ok with being a camgirl despite trying to look positive to everyone around her, which further makes her more isolated. She herself said that she got a confidence boost from being a camgirl, but being lusted for in a chat doesn't make up for real human relationships and interactions. That's what's heart-wrenching about her, she's at a loss when interacting in person and doesn't have any real friends.
I don't like that she's a camgirl but I don't dislike it too much either, it's just a job. It could work if she managed to strike a healthy life work balance. Nika could even do shows with her, don't tell me you all wouldn't like that.
Ideally it would be better if she stopped being a camgirl cause it can be somewhat distasteful, but I wouldn't judge her if she didn't, I would still like her as a person. We'll be able to help her make that choice somewhere along the way.

Doomyk

Jun 7, 2019
I’ll throw in my two cents about psychopathy. I once read a small off-topic by a psychiatrist on this.He wrote that it’s very sad how many in his country (he’s from the states) and all over the world applies about this diagnosis. Essentially, this puts a stigma because of which many psychiatrists refuse to work with such people, and those psychiatrists who work with them hire them only to brag in their circles about a unique animal. Not all, but many. And what’s even sadder is that If you carefully observe such people, you will find that some of them are quite capable of experiencing emotions, it’s just that because of the traumatic experience they have very little empathy. This does not mean that there are no psychopaths, there are such people. But this man wrote, that there are much fewer of them than it seems.
PS: The funny thing is that something similar could be observed in the discussion of this game when it first came out. Some people immediately dubbed Nick a psychopath. To which someone smarter immediately noticed that he was not devoid of empathy. Yes, he was cold , in deep depression,indifferent, but certainly not a psychopath.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Some people say that she had sex once on a live stream with a guy... I mean, big deal?
It's clear she's not ok with being a camgirl despite trying to look positive to everyone around her, which further makes her more isolated. She herself said that she got a confidence boost from being a camgirl, but being lusted for in a chat doesn't make up for real human relationships and interactions. That's what's heart-wrenching about her, she's at a loss when interacting in person and doesn't have any real friends.
I don't like that she's a camgirl but I don't dislike it too much either, it's just a job. It could work if she managed to strike a healthy life work balance. Nika could even do shows with her, don't tell me you all wouldn't like that.
Ideally it would be better if she stopped being a camgirl cause it can be somewhat distasteful, but I wouldn't judge her if she didn't, I would still like her as a person. We'll be able to help her make that choice somewhere along the way.
exactly this. How I see it it's just a job and not like she is being secretive about it either so not a big deal. Be a different story if she did that as a job without telling us while we were dating. tbh I wouldn't even ask her to quit either I would want her to quit when she feels like she wants not on my terms. How I see you like the person for who they are not the job they do cause at the end of the day she is still Nia not Nia the camgirl. Besides I think treating her as " Nia the camgirl" instead of Nia wouldn't make for a good or healthy relationship either. That and it is kind of hot in away. Nika could be home alone and bored and see his girlfriend is online that could be a fun scene to explore and watch or like you said he joins her for a show.

Marley300

Jan 29, 2020
Season 1 - Update

Hello,

First, I apologize for not making a Dev Log in a while. Those on my Discord are a little more up-to-date.

There are reasons for it, none of which I will get into today because... Well, let me deal with it emotionally first.

I will address it after the release of Season 1. But right now, I can't deal with it. I need my head in the right space. A lot happened behind the scenes.

Season 1 has been in the Steam Review queue for a few days, and I'm still awaiting their reply. Maybe I have to fix something, etc.

In the meantime, I'm working on S2 & WiAB's next update. I've also contacted new music artists for Season 2 and it looks like I'm about to sign 16 new songs for S2.

Oh right! SG is now also available for wishlisting on Epic:

I've also contacted GOG for a developer account, and I'm waiting for a reply.

SG Season 1 is rated as a Pegi 16+ game on Steam and Epic. This could change after the review.

In one of the last Logs, I mentioned that I was under a lot of stress from the rework, etc., and if you followed Discord, you know it got even worse for multiple external reasons.

An hour before I wanted to upload to Steam, my PC bluescreened, and the boot SSD died. The timing couldn't have been any worse. It took me a few hours to figure out what went wrong.

After I checked my backups and saw that Backblaze forgot about 30% of the files, I can tell you... I almost pulled an SG MC after he had too much contact with some girls.

Then I checked sync and saw that sync doesn't update by date, but by name. Thanks for nothing, sync.

I managed to fix it and get the PC running again in less than two days, but my PC is feeling slower now. Daz especially feels like it got hit on the head. But it still worked, and it was enough to finish the bar scene.

After Steam, I will get the new Workstation I've talked about for a while. I saw that some people thought I already had it. No. I got two A6000 Ada and replaced the cards in my current workstation.

Now that this PC feels like it had a stroke, I will indeed upgrade to a new workstation and make this one another slave PC for animation rendering.

Thankfully, I do already have the Adas. This means that the workstation will be cheaper now. ~ 15k€

Steam testing took longer than expected for one reason. The Steam Deck.

I don't have one, but I asked the Valve Dev Distribution team for one. But it will take months until I get one, and the only testing we could do was through a member of my testing team, who had a Deck.

It works... But the damn trackpad isn't recognized, and I tried everything to fix it. Sadly, googling for specific Renpy-Steam-related issues is hopeless.

I still need to finish the German version/translation.

The Light
As stressful as the past weeks have been, something gave me so much energy—something I've been waiting to say for a very long time.

The rework is done.

While I "suffered" under the rework, I know you guys did too.

I seriously want to thank you guys for going through this with me. It was brutal. You guys had to muster up a lot of patience, and I know exactly how it feels when a game you like spends a significant amount of time on a rework. (Some even get stuck in limbo.)

But it's finally done, and while it asked a lot from us, I say it was absolutely worth it. The render quality is night and day. The adjustments to the dialogue also make everything flow better, especially in Chapters 1 and 2.

A big thanks for going through this with me. Seriously guys.

Lightroom says I did postwork on 2309 renders for the Full.

Around 1900 are new renders, and the rest are renders I adjusted.

Examples of what I adjusted:

I changed Amber's blouse transparency in Chapter 3. It was cringe that you could see her nipples and everything, and it undermined the storylines I have for her. It was too early, and SG still followed lewd logic back then.

I added bubbles to the Jacuzzi scene in Chapter 4. The scene now looks much better. Less tiddies tho. Still some flashes here and there, but it adds some mystery to it and hides the shitty flat water texture.

I adjusted the Nami Lake scene only for the Steam/Epic/GoG version. She's not topless in that version.

A lot of little things were adjusted to prevent license issues in the future.

Here are some previews of some other scenes I redid too: (4K attached at the bottom.)

Old Parking space scene (I changed Ayua's car.)
OldBellaAyua_Parking.jpg
New
NewBellaAyuaParking.png
Old Chapter 3 - Pre-class meetup
OldPreClass1.jpg OldPreClass2.jpg
New
NewPreClass1.png NewPreClass2.png

I also reworked the shower scenes for Mila, Nami/Nia & Bella.

This one was posted on Discord before.
BellaGymShower.png

Old Bar scene
OldBar1.jpg OldBar2.jpg

New
NewBar1.png NewBar2.png
I have built a new bar environment in preparation for Season 2. The bar opening was a significant event, and I didn't have another bar asset back then.
For some reason, the bar also doubled in render count. Previously, it had around 65 renders, and now it's close to 130.

I added something new to the bar scene and adjusted the dialogue. In addition to the group previously at the bar, there's a second group now.
NewBar3.png

I will make another post after the game is through Steam's review process and I have a release date.

For bibi info, follow Discord. There's a channel called Bibi-News where I sometimes post news that is not big enough for an entire Dev log.

The rework is finally done, and I still can't believe it. I was so busy that I didn't notice it for a few days until someone mentioned it.

It's done, man... Dobby is free.

After the S1 release, I will showcase the new UI for Season 2... And boy, does it look amazing.

I will also talk about the next focus in terms of quality improvements.

In Season 2, 'Sounddesign' will play a significant role.

Dev Logs will return to their usual Bi-weekly cycle after the release, and yeah... Let's hope Steam/Epic/GoG takes away some of the uncertainty and dread I felt in the past weeks.

Ocean

Last edited:

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
Season 1 - Update

Hello,

First, I apologize for not making a Dev Log in a while. Those on my Discord are a little more up-to-date.

There are reasons for it, none of which I will get into today because... Well, let me deal with it emotionally first.

I will address it after the release of Season 1. But right now, I can't deal with it. I need my head in the right space. A lot happened behind the scenes.

Season 1 has been in the Steam Review queue for a few days, and I'm still awaiting their reply. Maybe I have to fix something, etc.

In the meantime, I'm working on S2 & WiAB's next update. I've also contacted new music artists for Season 2 and it looks like I'm about to sign 16 new songs for S2.

SG Season 1 is rated as a Pegi 16+ game on Steam and Epic. This could change after the review.

In one of the last Logs, I mentioned that I was under a lot of stress from the rework, etc., and if you followed Discord, you know it got even worse for multiple external reasons.

An hour before I wanted to upload to Steam, my PC bluescreened, and the boot SSD died. The timing couldn't have been any worse. It took me a few hours to figure out what went wrong.

After I checked my backups and saw that Backblaze forgot about 30% of the files, I can tell you... I almost pulled an SG MC after he had too much contact with some girls.

Then I checked sync and saw that sync doesn't update by date, but by name. Thanks for nothing, sync.

I managed to fix it and get the PC running again in less than two days, but my PC is feeling slower now. Daz especially feels like it got hit on the head. But it still worked, and it was enough to finish the bar scene.

After Steam, I will get the new Workstation I've talked about for a while. I saw that some people thought I already had it. No. I got two A6000 Ada and replaced the cards in my current workstation.

Now that this PC feels like it had a stroke, I will indeed upgrade to a new workstation and make this one another slave PC for animation rendering.

Thankfully, I do already have the Adas. This means that the workstation will be cheaper now. ~ 15k€

I don't have one, but I asked the Valve Dev Distribution team for one. But it will take months until I get one, and the only testing we could do was through a member of my testing team, who had a Deck.

It works... But the damn trackpad isn't recognized, and I tried everything to fix it. Sadly, googling for specific Renpy-Steam-related issues is hopeless.

The Light
As stressful as the past weeks have been, something gave me so much energy—something I've been waiting to say for a very long time.

The rework is done.

I seriously want to thank you guys for going through this with me. It was brutal. You guys had to muster up a lot of patience, and I know exactly how it feels when a game you like spends a significant amount of time on a rework. (Some even get stuck in limbo.)

But it's finally done, and while it asked a lot from us, I say it was absolutely worth it. The render quality is night and day. The adjustments to the dialogue also make everything flow better, especially in Chapters 1 and 2.

I changed Amber's blouse transparency in Chapter 3. It was cringe that you could see her nipples and everything, and it undermined the storylines I have for her. It was too early, and SG still followed lewd logic back then.

I added bubbles to the Jacuzzi scene in Chapter 4. The scene now looks much better. Less tiddies tho. Still some flashes here and there, but it adds some mystery to it and hides the shitty flat water texture.

I adjusted the Nami Lake scene only for the Steam/Epic/GoG version. She's not topless in that version.

Here are some previews of some other scenes I redid too: (4K attached at the bottom.)

View attachment 3511685
New
View attachment 3511681
View attachment 3511687 View attachment 3511686
New
View attachment 3511680 View attachment 3511683

View attachment 3511676

Old Bar scene
View attachment 3511682 View attachment 3511684

New
View attachment 3511678 View attachment 3511677 View attachment 3511679
I have built a new bar environment in preparation for Season 2. The bar opening was a significant event, and I didn't have another bar asset back then.
For some reason, the bar also doubled in render count. Previously, it had around 65 renders, and now it's close to 130.

I added something new to the bar scene and adjusted the dialogue. In addition to the group previously at the bar, there's a second group now.

I will make another post after the game is through Steam's review process and I have a release date.

For bibi info, follow Discord. There's a channel called Bibi-News where I sometimes post news that is not big enough for an entire Dev log.

The rework is finally done, and I still can't believe it. I was so busy that I didn't notice it for a few days until someone mentioned it.

After the S1 release, I will showcase the new UI for Season 2... And boy, does it look amazing.

Dev Logs will return to their usual Bi-weekly cycle after the release, and yeah... Let's hope Steam/Epic/GoG takes away some of the uncertainty and dread I felt in the past weeks.

Ocean
you literally wrote a book, but a very descriptive post about in depth details about the game

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Season 1 - Update

Hello,

The Light

The rework is done.

View attachment 3511685
New
View attachment 3511681
New

View attachment 3511676

Old Bar scene

New
View attachment 3511678 View attachment 3511677 View attachment 3511679

Ocean
Bro is gonna have 30 workstations and still have the same 'I need to get another workstation' at this point.

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021

This doesn't make sense? The APIs the Steam Overlay interacts with are well defined and works in 99.9% of scenarios. How does a VN with basic boolean logic and integer value comparisons manage to break xinput & Co. in a way no other Renpy VN on Steam has? That math ain't mathin

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Season 1 - Update

The rework is done.

Ocean
With all due respect to Ocean, the "suffering" of Patreons and fans alike pales in comparison to the "suffering" of he who: (a) set a high bar for the quality of the rework in the face of fan pushback, (b) had to work hard to deliver on his own expectations/vision and the promises he made to his Patreons/fans, (c) had to deal with numerous road-blocks along the way (music licensing, Patreon, hardware limitations), and (d) faced criticism and second-guessing from all us back-seat drivers.

Bravo Zulu, Ocean. I sincerely hope you are finally over the hill and game development going forward will bring you more pleasure than stress, plus some long-overdue financial reward for your perseverance and commitment to the project.

PS - the moment SG is released on Steam, please drink a large glass of milk as a middle-finger to those who accuse you of ill intentions.

PPS - anyone who thinks I am just being a fanboi or suck-up, I challenge you to develop your own AVNs, or any large project for that matter. If you've been there and done that, then you can appreciate the hard work and sacrifice required to bring large projects to fruition.

imthechad

Oct 6, 2022
so i wonder if we will get any type of nudes what so ever in the steam version or it will just be a story based AVN with everyone with clothes on which it's not a AVN it's just a VN ocean sould market his game as a VN not a AVN if we will never get nudes on steam because of the fear of not selling it on steam because maybe steam doesn't like nudes in AVN's and ocean is playing it safe forgetting other AVN's on steam has anal, creampies and the such or is ocean just doing season 1 with no nudes and will do nudes on later seasons ? :unsure: it's just to the point developers are scared of platforms like patreon and steam with rules of certain tags in their games that they alter the original concept of their game to get in line with the rules of these platforms and then there is other developers that say to hell with these rules and stick to their guns and with the original concept of their games .i guess i understand to a point if the only thing you care about is making money you will sacrifice everything for a buck even your orignal concept or what you had planned to begin with.(y)

Last edited:

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
I have played all parts of this game. When it arrives on steam I am going to buy it just to see the reworks. When it was reworked before I was giddy over the graphics(Mila). So I look forward to buying it and seeing the changes.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: BobTheDuck

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Gotta remember the reason for the steam dealy - 5 business days started either Monday or Tuesday, even if Ocean uploaded Friday. Dependingin on timezones of course. Expecting normal business days over Easter is probably unwise of anyone.

I'm really quite excited, could say more, but heck, excitement! ~2309 new thingies! ~ a gazillion new theories to be launched while waiting for S2! ...okay, I know not everyone's excited for that :coffee::whistle:

And very importantly, a definitive canon for S1, with no second guessing what may or may not change. I mean, that's part of the deal with games in development right? Things change based on what the dev needs to do.

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
so i wonder if we will get any type of nudes what so ever in the steam version or it will just be a story based AVN with everyone with clothes on which it's not a AVN it's just a VN ocean sould market his game as a VN not a AVN if we will never get nudes on steam because of the fear of not selling it on steam because maybe steam doesn't like nudes in AVN's and ocean is playing it safe forgetting other AVN's on steam has anal, creampies and the such or is ocean just doing season 1 with no nudes and will do nudes on later seasons ? :unsure: it's just to the point developers are scared of platforms like patreon and steam with rules of certain tags in their games that they alter the original concept of their game to get in line with the rules of these platforms and then there is other developers that say to hell with these rules and stick to their guns and with the original concept of their games .i guess i understand to a point if the only thing you care about is making money you will sacrifice everything for a buck even your orignal concept or what you had planned to begin with.(y)
Only the first season will be "nude-free". Ocean already told us that he re-did the season 1 so it could go on Steam at all in countries like Germany. Season 2+ I, as a German, can only get via Patreon legally (unless they axe it, like WIAB) unless Steam makes some effort to do a age certification for countries like Germany.

Mr_Mister

Jan 9, 2020
Season 1 - Update

Hello,

The Light

The rework is done.

View attachment 3511685
New
View attachment 3511681
New

View attachment 3511676

Old Bar scene

New
View attachment 3511678 View attachment 3511677

View attachment 3511679

Ocean
yikes-rachel-dratch.gif
tumblr_afa340678720e897f58cd880081fd1fc_a51655da_1280.gif

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
Season 1 - Update

Hello,

The Light

The rework is done.

View attachment 3511685
New
View attachment 3511681
New

View attachment 3511676

Old Bar scene

New
View attachment 3511678 View attachment 3511677

View attachment 3511679

Ocean
:HideThePain:

4.30 star(s) 524 Votes