Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
Agree, i respect your decision to keep to yourself your theory, but if you want to share it someday i would like to hear it, is one of the things i most like of this game, the theories.
Screw it update won't happen for too long and my old ass will forget. I think the secret is that Nami and Nika have been intimate maybe as gone as far as sex. When summer disappeared they agreed to act like it never happened. That's why Nika gets bothered by her talks in front of people. Also his depression and isolation is related to that as well. He said he saw summer one more time but never went into it. Summer saw Nika and Nami. Again just theory on pieces. I think Ocean is throwing alot of misdirection at us.

PaxHadrian17

Engaged Member
Sep 8, 2020
It's nice to have for sure but I'd have preferred it if they started on the rework after they finished the game. It definitely wasn't *necessary*.
I'm going to disagree with you.

Once Ocean decided to go with a Steam release of Season 1 - it became *Necessary*.

Steam is about a Huge audience who actually pays for SG.

This means resourcing for the major hardware upgrades and the expensive music licenses, among other things.

I get that some here on F95 disagree but F95 free downloads don't pay the bills or provide for the hardware and music license expenses.

Steam success is about providing an AVN good enough that people buy SG and enjoy it enough to keep it and tell others how much they liked it.

I'm planning on both buying a Steam copy for myself and gifting it to friends as well, even though I already support via SS.

Cheers!! :coffee:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Screw it update won't happen for too long and my old ass will forget. I think the secret is that Nami and Nika have been intimate maybe as gone as far as sex. When summer disappeared they agreed to act like it never happened. That's why Nika gets bothered by her talks in front of people. Also his depression and isolation is related to that as well. He said he saw summer one more time but never went into it. Summer saw Nika and Nami. Again just theory on pieces. I think Ocean is throwing alot of misdirection at us.
Nami's stated she's a virgin, so they haven't gone that far, but I think that intimacy was involved in whatever they kept silent about. Maybe Nami tried to roleplay Summer, maybe in an attempt to get him out of his head after Summer disappeared, or maybe to become the target of his affections? The way she wears Summer's hairstyle even though she knows it'll affect Nika certainly shows that she's comfortable with getting his affection in any way she can.

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
Nami's stated she's a virgin, so they haven't gone that far, but I think that intimacy was involved in whatever they kept silent about. Maybe Nami tried to roleplay Summer, maybe in an attempt to get him out of his head after Summer disappeared, or maybe to become the target of his affections? The way she wears Summer's hairstyle even though she knows it'll affect Nika certainly shows that she's comfortable with getting his affection in any way she can.
That's one of the things I like about Oceans stuff so far. Alot of things that are said you take with a grain of salt so much manipulation. You never know what they say is truth. Leaves you with theories especially the longer it takes for chapters to come out. WIAB is the same way.

Reactions: BobTheDuck

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
It could be yeah, that would explain why Nami is trying so hard to fuck Nika,and she isn´t shy when she tries (after a moment,then she react shyly). But like Bob said she is a virgin so maybe no sex, but a blowjob or mutual masturbation? :unsure:

The roleplay thing surprised me, i didn´t think about that :oops:,it would be a brave and sick way to try to get Nika attention and try to cure him, specially if Summer´s dissapearance was recent.

Reactions: BobTheDuck
Aug 26, 2018
Could be good too, but i think is better this way. We have to keep in mind that Ocean has changed his view of the game, i´m talking about the strong dark theme in the old version and some changes in scenes too. I haven´t played the old version so i can´t speak too much but i think Ocean started this rework for more consistency in the story, so is good in the end, and the earlier the better.
That a fact? So the MC isn't an insane psycho anymore?

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
It's nice to have for sure but I'd have preferred it if they started on the rework after they finished the game. It definitely wasn't *necessary*.
Leaving the rendering quality aside, the old work has plot holes so big you could drive 2 18-wheelers through them side by side. The rework is absolutely necessary if for nothing else other than an overall coherent story down the line.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I presume if you're asking this question, you're waiting for the first full season to play? It's a good plan to wait the (hopefully) few more days) as you'll have all the content of the first season.

He's not the happiest of campers, but he's no longer looking for a trenchcoat to wear to school while eating dolphin sandwiches.

I just realised the gun in the first version was foreshadowing. Nika's still trying to shoot blanks.

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
Like i said, i didn´t play the old version but all te comments i see for people who have played it are that Nika is no more a psychopath, but he still beeing darker,i mean, you can act a little shady.

mostwanted8

Mar 8, 2024
Like i said, i didn´t play the old version but all te comments i see for people who have played it are that Nika is no more a psychopath, but he still beeing darker,i mean, you can act a little shady.
I played it back in the day and thank god Ocean changed it, otherwise few people would like Nika and care for his redemption.
The strongest point of Summer's Gone is Nika, the protagonist. Most AVN protagonists are either dumb or pushovers or a combination of the two or extremely vanilla aka 0 personality... Nika is the best AVN protagonist precisely because of that, he has a clear-cut personality and his own view of the world and doesn't let people step on him. His flaws only make him a more interesting and humane character and he's slowly overcoming them, that's the beauty of the game.

N1ghtcrawler

May 29, 2023
Getting technical there… You mention one study but plenty of other studies mention “sociopaths” and “psychopaths” and their different manifestations within APD, which fit my descriptions. So both terms are perfectly viable when making a distinction.

Sociopaths do form attachments although not easily, which totally fits Bella, as you can read in the spoiler below.
At the end of the day Bella still exhibits a ton of antisocial behavior akin to “sociopathy”. Her mom who is a psychiatrist reins her in a lot and has likely done some work with her through the years.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also that guy from the movie looks like a psychopath.

Well, yeah. Same principle though.
I didn't mention studies. I mentioned the official terminology of the , which was adopted by the International Health Organization. This classification lists diagnostic criteria, symptoms and treatment of diseases. The world would be in complete mess if such classification did not exist.

All professional psychotherapists in the world work according to ICD. There is nothing wrong with psychotherapists who offer alternative studies. This is how medicine develops. However, my logic tells me that they are still required to work according to the official classification. Violating medical laws is no joke. They risk losing their license or even going to jail if they diagnose and prescribe treatment to patients on their own whim. Imagine the consequences for a patient who falls into the hands of such a doctor.

I checked the ICD. There is no mention of sociopathy or psychopathy, only antisocial personality disorder. I haven't examined it very well, though. The interface is just hell. Alternatively, the US has the , which is heavily based on the ICD. And it mentions psychopathy and sociopathy:

"The essential feature of antisocial personality disorder is a pervasive pattern of disregard for, and violation of, the rights of others that begins in childhood or early adolescence and continues into adulthood. This pattern has also been referred to as psychopathy, sociopathy, or dyssocial personality disorder."

So don't touch APD, it's for Vanessa! :devilish:
Find something else for Bella.
Like Borderline Personality Disorder.
It fits her much better.

Last edited:

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
That's funny :BootyTime:

Btw, Nia is seriously fine in my books. Like, she can give even Sasha a run for her money.
yeah I want to like Nia the best right now but I cant with how much Bella content there is right and well I just like the banter from Bella alot as well her cinematics especially the one where she leaves the race is amazing. With that being said Nia is my 2nd favorite right now. I dont care she is a camgirl honestly I feel that just adds to her sad story and I kind of like it I know it's not for everyone.

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
Leaving the rendering quality aside, the old work has plot holes so big you could drive 2 18-wheelers through them side by side. The rework is absolutely necessary if for nothing else other than an overall coherent story down the line.
Ocean promised to close the plot holes in the new update, which will soon appear on Steam? I would like to know more about the red-haired girl who is friends with Sasha.

Last edited:
Reactions: vireker

N1ghtcrawler

May 29, 2023
That's funny :BootyTime:

Btw, Nia is seriously fine in my books. Like, she can give even Sasha a run for her money.
In chapter 5, I really like that it's shown in a negative way when she tries to impress Nika with her body parts. The more desperate her attempts, the more clumsy she looks. Didn't expect that from an adult game.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 524 Votes