imthechad

Oct 6, 2022
Yeah I'm afraid that's what SG turned into; a VN instead of an AVN. I'm quite sad about this tbh. But if there's a market for it, what can we do.

Thankfully this isn't the only AVN out there, just sad to see one of the best (if not THE best) artists turn prudish.
i mean i was really looking forward to sex scenes in the next few chapters going forward but the most we can hope for is maybe just maybe a handjob or if we are lucky a blowjob but dont get your hopes up for the next few coming chapters. in season 2 we will have a slow start to more lewd content i believe if it goes how it's been going .but the lewd content in season one has died off slowly and is now non existent at this point in time, we have had a few naked boobs and asses at most, you are told from the get go if your focus is lewd content come back at a later date well that is 5 years later at this point now, so you can judge by that standered another 5 years for fully fledge sex scenes with maybe 1 or 2 women not all the women. you will probaly have to choose a LI out of a few women but never given to chance to have sex with each and everyone of them. i'm just speculating but thats what i see in the coming future of summers gone. we have not been told what to except when it comes to sex scenes in the coming seasons and chapters. so it's all up in the air at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pope Alexander VI

xCalon

Mar 15, 2023
Er... did someone leave open the kindergaten door? Guys, what's the fuss?

Most of the content of yesterday's devlog was already known. The fact that you can't, or don't want to accept Ocean's decision should be your problem. If you are unable to understand the meaning of the acronym AVN, then perhaps you are not mature enough to play this type of game?

It is quite tiring to read through pages where someone is sure that the S1 will not be successful, because someone said so. It's like he has a crystal ball, or is a time traveler. It's a shame that the reasons described by Ocean don't bother you in the least. By the way, according to my memories, Ocean previously declared that he is not interested in a lot of fuss about who likes what and what doesn't like, he will do what he wants, he will shape the story the way he wants, and not the way some know-it-alls demanded of him. Accept it, it will be easier for everyone, especially you.

In the meantime, I'm waiting for S1 to come out, and I'll buy it as soon as it's available on GOG.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
this not gonna be successful !!!
I presume this is "according to your own research."

On the eve of a potential Steam release, all the naysayers come out as was predicted months ago.

Why don't you wait for it to be come available on Steam/Patreon/SS, purchase it, and play it before you pass judgement.

...and, you might want to see this update...

Ocean has to get the game through the gate (i.e. accepted by Steam), and he's having to compromise in several areas to achieve that.

• Haha
Reactions: yossa999

imthechad

Oct 6, 2022

Most of the content of yesterday's devlog was already known. The fact that you can't, or don't want to accept Ocean's decision should be your problem. If you are unable to understand the meaning of the acronym AVN, then perhaps you are not mature enough to play this type of game?

It is quite tiring to read through pages where someone is sure that the S1 will not be successful, because someone said so. It's like he has a crystal ball, or is a time traveler. It's a shame that the reasons described by Ocean don't bother you in the least. By the way, according to my memories, Ocean previously declared that he is not interested in a lot of fuss about who likes what and what doesn't like, he will do what he wants, he will shape the story the way he wants, and not the way some know-it-alls demanded of him. Accept it, it will be easier for everyone, especially you.

In the meantime, I'm waiting for S1 to come out, and I'll buy it as soon as it's available on GOG.
and i agree with you he can make his game how he wants that has never been in question but answer me this how is a game that is suppose to be a AVN a 13+ or 16+ player type game that is not a AVN but VN, just because it has a boob here or there doesnt make it a AVN and for what i know the steam release will have zero lewd content so it's not a AVN but VN. and i think thats steams problem with this game being reviewed he might have mark it as a adult game with lewd content but if it's 13+ or 16+ type game steam will have a problem with that because it might be tagged as a adult game and they might see that as bad , as you can guess why.

Last edited:

yossa999

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2020

:KEK: :KEK: :KEK:
It's like you're here for the first time, bro. The pre-release marathon has officially started, now expect a lot of fortune tellers, project managers, DAZ masters and other world-renowned experts explaining how this game sucks and will never succeed.

xCalon

Mar 15, 2023
:KEK: :KEK: :KEK:
It's like you're here for the first time, bro. The pre-release marathon has officially started, now expect a lot of fortune tellers, project managers, DAZ masters and other world-renowned experts explaining how this game sucks and will never succeed.
My question was - obviously - theoretical. I have some free time, and how could I spend it other, than disguising what I already knew as a question. :cool::ROFLMAO:

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Everyone so worried about titty censorship while I'm just here depressed that Ayua is gonna join my "Get the fuck away from me" list :cry:
That granny hair is a permanent boner killer for me. I guess I'll be able to relate to the MC on some level in future updates :LOL:

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
He posted on discord the normal review time is 2-3 business days, so your bs statement doesnt stand
Did you even read the things steam says about reviewing games and shop-pages? I guess not... if its rated adult content, which will be the case for saying "fuck" only once (so yeah, Summers gone will be rated adult), the whole process is going to take a lot longer... whats not to understand about that? As of the date ocean submitted the game its most likely that they watched it only maybe... this tuesday... so... 4 days so far maybe, maybe 1 or 2 days more. I know some other guy who subkmitted a game to steam with adult content, took 3 weeks until it was up and to go cause steam themself made a lot errors to... reviewing process is kind automated a lot, which doesnt work well... so they start over and so on and on and on.... if they say 2-3 days, make weeks out of it and you are much closer at the truth... if you are not a big fish in the sea that is.

I get it that many people are upset that they cant play the update when they want, but not everything is a excuse out of thin air. Its totally plausible what ocean gave us at discord.

And of course he doesnt publish the game on patreon before... remember? WiaB got banned, and the steam release of SG is very important... he would sabotage his own work if he would release the thing on patreon first, than it will get leaked immediatly here and the steam release will go in the toilet.

And guys... since WHEN is "adult" meaning there has to be lewd content? Did i miss something? wtf?

All the complaining around here about things that simply arent true... whats wrong here?

I see unreasonable complainig in all the threads... but here its on another level cause nothing of that makes sense at all.

"meh meh updates are not coming fast enough" yeah... erm... ocean still delivers more content in his two games combined than most DEVs do. For example... Chasing Sunsets last update was shorter than the last one from SG and took nearly the same time, but ocean delivered in the same time an update for WiaB too. *shrug* and of course... the quality of renders an animations are something else too... which takes time btw. I cant even look at 99% of the content around this page when i see outdated rtenders and low quality shit, and simply most of the games around here are like that and poorly written too. I dont give credit for minus effort. But yeah they have boobies and ugly cocks.,.. thats enough for most hm?

"meh meh no adult content" yeah... sorry if you only push the skip button down to see something lewd, thats the wrong game, which doesnt make it "not adult".... dont know... deadpool movies are adult, didnt see any fucking there. To get rated and considered "adult" content some rough speech is already enough btw. And really, if i had kids, i didnt want them to play Summers Gone with the things there a going on. And there were lewd scenes already? Not exactly sex, but not that far away from it either.

Oh and of course... all the complainers... you dont even pay for the game in the first place. And if its gonna be released on steam, the first complain will be "when will a hero upload it to f95"

Am i upset too that its takes so long? Yep... i didnt play chapter 5 so far because i wanted to wait for the whole thing... And it took a little longer than ocean planned or better said hoped, obviously...

But this witch hunt is somethign else here...

And how can you people "sue" ocean for fails on steams side? Do you really think he would go that low to fake steams responds? Oh boy...

Last edited:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Everyone so worried about titty censorship while I'm just here depressed that Ayua is gonna join my "Get the fuck away from me" list :cry:
That granny hair is a permanent boner killer for me. I guess I'll be able to relate to the MC on some level in future updates :LOL:
It's more that she's gone into emo steam punk style or something. I want goth Ayua vampire hunter back :cautious: She doesn't frighten me into good behaviour in that style.

I'll give the benefit of the doubt waiting for the release though. The bar scene looks so much better.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Even so, the game is ready to ship. The build is done. Why isn't it up on patreon? Nothing but excu

Blue screen this, blue screen that. Blue are our balls too.

He posted on discord the normal review time is 2-3 business days, so your bs statement doesnt stand
Are you really so stupid, or do you trying even harder to not understand?

Alone this part of you post is just screaming about your cluelessness :

Even so, the game is ready to ship. The build is done. Why isn't it up on patreon? Nothing but excuses.
Serious?
Think about this a 2nd time.
Only a tiny bit of a little bit of commonsense is required to get the answer, even you should be able to do this.
GO ON! I believe in you ...

Ocean is a business man, that means his business has to generate money. If he does not, his company can be closed from the tax authoritys.

What do you think is happening when the build is out on patreon before steam?

The game get's leaked in no time and, despise the most bigmouths here, the majority of it will not sell it on steam. The first week on steam is the most important, doing otherwise is just financial suicide. Or even worst Ocean get trouble from steam because of the post steam release on a 3th party site.

1712318870571.png

You are calling this bullshit?
Sorry, this is the closest one to an official source you can get, You have even to use your steam account to log in this site. And they are even optimistic, on reddit are devs that have builds pending even longer than Ocean do.

/e

I don't know why I'm even bother to waste so much time for you.

The only thing you do in this thread is spilling bullshit and spread bad mood or asking really stupid questions that need normally 1/8 of a braincell to answer.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
i'm still going with the fact that summers gone has gone from AVN to VN i bet we will see zero naked asses and boobs in the coming release of season 1 i can hardly wait to see a so called AVN with women fully dressed for 5 chapters and about 10k renders but you know it is what it is it's no more and no less.
Was it ever said why they decided to remove all the more adult scenes? Was it just to get the game on steam more easily? Seems kinda weird to neuter the game of what little adult content it already had just to knock a few days off the review when there's games like Treasures of Nadia on steam that do just fine, among many others.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Are you really so stupid, or do you trying even harder to not understand?

Alone this part of you post is just screaming about your cluelessness :

Serious?
Think about this a 2nd time.
Only a tiny bit of a little bit of commonsense is required to get the answer, even you should be able to do this.
GO ON! I believe in you ...

Ocean is a business man, that means his business has to generate money. If he does not, his company can be closed from the tax authoritys.

What do you think is happening when the build is out on patreon before steam?

The game get's leaked in no time and, despise the most bigmouths here, the majority of it will not sell it on steam. The first week on steam is the most important, doing otherwise is just financial suicide. Or even worst Ocean get trouble from steam because of the post steam release on a 3th party site.

View attachment 3512769

You are calling this bullshit?
Sorry, this is the closest one to an official source you can get, You have even to use your steam account to log in this site. And they are even optimistic, on reddit are devs that have builds pending even longer than Ocean do.

/e

I don't know why I'm even bother to waste so much time for you.

The only thing you do in this thread is spilling bullshit and spread bad mood or asking really stupid questions that need normally 1/8 of a braincell to answer.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for the effort, so i didnt need to do it myself... boy, serious, something is completly wrong with you that you are investigating that troll so much :D But well i wasted my time on him too ;) Very much appreaciated... so now i am certain that he will earn a nice cosy spot at my ignore list... holy cow... whats wrong with people like him? Kinda on a mission to spread only nonsense and unreasonable accusations. And he is doing that for years... WOW :D talking about commitment... thats even kind of admireable in a total strange way oO

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Was it ever said why they decided to remove all the more adult scenes? Was it just to get the game on steam more easily? Seems kinda weird to neuter the game of what little adult content it already had just to knock a few days off the review when there's games like Treasures of Nadia on steam that do just fine, among many others.
It's been said many times, even in the last couple of pages. It's not to shave a couple of days of fthe review, it's to avoid getting 18+ which means it won't be available in Germany where Ocean lives. Season 2 will be 18+, but and adult tag limits the audience. Ocean can build a fan base on steam getting onto curator lists for more general games. He can also sell it on the Epic games store.

Then there's the music he paid for, that the license holders changed the license when it was up for review. Ocean decided to keep the music and cut the limp dick instead.

Once he's got a series, it's harder to slow the train down, which means a better result for everyone. Taking out a few itsy bitsy dick pics of a guy who can't get it up anyway? I'm okay with that.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Yeah steam is kinda... yucky... with adult or better said, lewd content, and i guess (*edit* not guess, he wants to) ocean wants to try to publish the game on steam in germany too... and oh boy believe me if iam saying, that is not an easy task. Will most likely fail. So yeah he needed to change a lot for the steam release i think, he said that there is still some nudity, tiddies are not really a problem, but showing the dick of the mc is. So he scratched that. Just for info, you will not find any game from F95 that is published on steam in germany... not a single one. But ocean tries. Would surpise me if he will suceed here.

*edit* oh... yeah... steam reviewing the game... didnt thaught about that, maybe ocean even did not thaught about it himself... getting it reviewed for a release in germany, fuck... that will take a while. Thats nothing you can read at their reviewing rules or so... but yeah, getting approval to release it to germany too? Well... thats a high roll gamble with little to none chance of winning. that WILL take weeks to get done. Late april is now more likely cause of this... otherwise it would already be up i guess.

Last edited:

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
Do wut? The game will be the same for both Steam and SS/Patreon for Season 1.

Season 2, won't even be available on Steam/GOG to the countries where adult content is prohibited.

So, it boils down to this, do you want the game from Steam, GOG, or Patreon/SS? You only need 1 of those.
If Ocean doesn't help these people and doesn't give them an easy way to buy their game, then why would they care? It will be easier for them to find any pirated site and download the game there.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Thanks for the effort, so i didnt need to do it myself... boy, serious, something is completly wrong with you that you are investigating that troll so much :D
Not much effort needed, just a few seconds, but seeing that shit the search has reviled is a challenge for the blood pressure ....

Just for info, you will not find any game from F95 that is published on steam in germany... not a single one. But ocean tries. Would surpise me if he will suceed here.
And that's the reason why Ocean trys his best to avoid the 18+ on steam - like BobTheDuck has explained.

If the game gets a 18+ rating even Ocean would be able, as the Dev, to have access to his own game...

4.30 star(s) 524 Votes