imthechad

Oct 6, 2022
Yeah steam is kinda... yucky... with adult or better said, lewd content, and i guess (*edit* not guess, he wants to) ocean wants to try to publish the game on steam in germany too... and oh boy believe me if iam saying, that is not an easy task. Will most likely fail. So yeah he needed to change a lot for the steam release i think, he said that there is still some nudity, tiddies are not really a problem, but showing the dick of the mc is. So he scratched that. Just for info, you will not find any game from F95 that is published on steam in germany... not a single one. But ocean tries. Would surpise me if he will suceed here.

*edit* oh... yeah... steam reviewing the game... didnt thaught about that, maybe ocean even did not thaught about it himself... getting it reviewed for a release in germany, fuck... that will take a while. Thats nothing you can read at their reviewing rules or so... but yeah, getting approval to release it to germany too? Well... thats a high roll gamble with little to none chance of winning. that WILL take weeks to get done. Late april is now more likely cause of this... otherwise it would already be up i guess.
steam is not yucky on lewd games let alone with incest, anal or whatever i have plenty of adult games on steam and have seen many game developers on patreon put their games out on steam and they are just fine the issue is trying to sell in germany when he will make more money by selling in america but thats on him so god speed. also the steam version will have zero nude from what i know so i don't know . the issue but tagging it as adult with no nude and tagging it as adult and placing it with 13+ or 16+ is kinda weird. when we all know 13+ and 16+ is far from adult and saying the word fuck is not a adult only thing by todays standereds. i mean summers gone is far from being labled as a adult visual novel by any means anymore it's just a visual novel now.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: yossa999

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
steam is not yucky on lewd games let alone with incest, anal or whatever i have plenty of adult games on steam and have seen many game developers on patreon put their games out on steam and they are just fine the issue is trying to sell in germany when he will make more money by selling in america but thats on him so god speed. also the steam version will have zero nude from what i know so i don't know . the issue but tagging it as adult with no nude and tagging it as adult and placing it with 13+ or 16+ is kinda weird. when we all know 13+ and 16+ is far from adult and saying the word fuck is not a adult only thing by todays standereds. i mean summers gone is far from being labled as a adult visual novel by any means anymore.
I don't see any adult tag on SG on steam, I might be blind though. The whole point is to avoid the adult tag, to ensure a wider potential audience, hook them in.

He's planning on steam worldwide. Ocean doesn't want it to be resticted. Germany and the US both get it is the intention. He won't sell more by being 18+ in the US vs everywhere at pegi 16.

This is about exposing the game to as many people as possible so he's less dependent on platforms. That's why he'll release on Epic and Gog as well.

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
Yeah I'm afraid that's what SG turned into; a VN instead of an AVN. I'm quite sad about this tbh. But if there's a market for it, what can we do.

Thankfully this isn't the only AVN out there, just sad to see one of the best (if not THE best) artists turn prudish.
This will never happen, because Ocean is not a fool and understands that if he does this, the game will die.

There are 2 things that can make a game popular: an interesting plot and sex scenes. Ocean made a big deal when he wrote that there would be no sex scenes in season 1. People thought that since there would be no sex, they would give us an interesting plot. But they were given nothing for all these years and they became very angry.

Let's move on to logic, Ocean knows how to make beautiful pictures, but his plot is bad. Therefore, the version with an interesting plot is eliminated. The only option left is with sex scenes; it turns out that this is the only way he can interest the audience.

Reactions: Rozhok

zack1419

Sep 22, 2019
i wanna know when this adult visual novel will have the "adult" part. if i wanted to play a normal VN there a plethora of other VNs out there. i dont understand the hype you guys have for SG as far i have seen this AVN is mediocre but maybe thats because this is a mediocre vanilla VN.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
I don't see any adult tag on SG on steam, I might be blind though. The whole point is to avoid the adult tag, to ensure a wider potential audience, hook them in.

He's planning on steam worldwide. Ocean doesn't want it to be resticted. Germany and the US both get it is the intention. He won't sell more by being 18+ in the US vs everywhere at pegi 16.

This is about exposing the game to as many people as possible so he's less dependent on platforms. That's why he'll release on Epic and Gog as well.
I get the play, it makes sense. But has he mentioned how he plans to distribute Season 2? Because GOG, Epic, Steam etc won't be an option. Patreon keeps cracking down on adult content and I have a feeling SS will soon follow. I reckon in a couple of years, only the most sanitized adult content will be allowed on those platforms. Sooner or later devs will need to find an alternative that isn't pushed around by payment processors like PayPal.

yossa999

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2020
steam is not yucky on lewd games let alone with incest, anal or whatever i have plenty of adult games on steam and have seen many game developers on patreon put their games out on steam and they are just fine the issue is trying to sell in germany when he will make more money by selling in america but thats on him so god speed. also the steam version will have zero nude from what i know so i don't know . the issue but tagging it as adult with no nude and tagging it as adult and placing it with 13+ or 16+ is kinda weird. when we all know 13+ and 16+ is far from adult and saying the word fuck is not a adult only thing by todays standereds. i mean summers gone is far from being labled as a adult visual novel by any means anymore it's just a visual novel now.
It's a shame that you're not responsible for reviewing SG on Steam. If it were you, we would be downloading the distribution right now. And I don’t give a fuck what rating you would give to it, be it even an educational material for pre-schoolers. :KEK:

Unfortunately, it seems that others are not as open-minded as you are and are probably a little confused by the violence, drug use, strong language, emotional abuse, nudity and anything else these weirdos might consider adult content features in the game. :HideThePain:

alanrock

Jun 2, 2020
This will never happen, because Ocean is not a fool and understands that if he does this, the game will die.

There are 2 things that can make a game popular: an interesting plot and sex scenes. Ocean made a big deal when he wrote that there would be no sex scenes in season 1. People thought that since there would be no sex, they would give us an interesting plot. But they were given nothing for all these years and they became very angry.

Let's move on to logic, Ocean knows how to make beautiful pictures, but his plot is bad. Therefore, the version with an interesting plot is eliminated. The only option left is with sex scenes; it turns out that this is the only way he can interest the audience.
gordo-no.gif

zack1419

Sep 22, 2019
I get the play, it makes sense. But has he mentioned how he plans to distribute Season 2? Because GOG, Epic, Steam etc won't be an option. Patreon keeps cracking down on adult content and I have a feeling SS will soon follow. I reckon in a couple of years, only the most sanitized adult content will be allowed on those platforms. Sooner or later devs will need to find an alternative that isn't pushed around by payment processors like PayPal.
maybe he can use onlyfans

duolaamm

Feb 13, 2020
Unfortunately, it seems that others are not as open-minded as you are and are probably a little confused by the violence, drug use, strong language, emotional abuse, nudity and anything else these weirdos might consider adult content features in the game. :HideThePain:
totally boring teenage drama。 not warm as jap nv ,not dark cause people addict 。mc is a trans who is not interested in women :LUL:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
It's going to be challenging to work out how to do season 2. But he'll be doing WiaB before season 2, so he'll have worked out how to navigate steam culture by then. I noticed that on the Epic store he mentions a dedicated SG website coming soon - he might be prepping for having his own storefront.

4.30 star(s) 524 Votes