sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Have you read the EULA? It's a third party EULA, which means it's not steam's. It's clearly written for Ocean's terms, especially the fan art section. You already have agreed to steam's EULA by using the store. Some games require agreements with the developer as well as with steam, this is one of them.

I can't imagine steam actually care about the terms of fan art, or about the fair use of any suggestions, such as is covered in the document. I also have maybe two or three games which require a third party license - most just accept the generalised one you've agreed to by playing on steam.

I know I'm being pedantic, but go to SG's steam page and read it. Very few store pages have one.
So it's not a joke? ahhhhh okey
I don´t care about Eula... i just move on :p

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
I'll say it again. He aways (up to this year) admitted the other story was an incest story. He always denied this one was. Makes no sense to deny it if he perfectly happy to admit the other one was.

Just take the stick outta ya ass and accept the truth. As for the where/why/wherefore, Olivia above sums it up perfectly. it's still not acceptable by modern societal standards (for the majorty of people) because they grew up together as siblings. The fact they are not is irreleveant. Just like it would still cause a societal scandal if I started screwing my 21yo step-niece.
We've already tackled this issue. I respect your opinion but disagree with it. You are taking Ocean at his word while I wholeheartedly believe he is trying to protect his "moneymaker". You know better than me which game makes him the big money. Which game he isn't willing to risk being banned on any platform.

That said I stand by my statement. There is absolutely no chance the first season makes any kind of sense if the MC and Nami aren't blood related. If he wants to change that, massive script changes will be needed in the future. And it's not like I hold Ocean in any kind of high regard when it comes to writing. I actually think that's the worst part of his games. That and his creative choices. At least his business choices do make sense to me as much as I might disagree with them.

As for the second part I kinda wonder where you people live. Because I've never been to or seen any country that has any issue with romantic/sexual bonds between foster kids with no parental relation. The taboo I'm aware of comes from relationships between close or distant relatives.

EDIT: "Why is she red?" The 4 pesky little words that defeat any argument that tries to claim they aren't blood related. If they were 2 random foster kids adopted from different parents THERE IS NO REASON WHY ANYONE WOULD ASK THAT! And if asked THERE IS NO REASON WHY THE MC WOULD ANSWER "I dont know". Any dimwit with a quarter of a brain would reply something like "Different parents" or "We're not actually related". The MC goes with "I don't know". So either the dialogue is logical and they are genetically related or the damn script just makes no goddamn sense. It's one or the other folks!

Last edited:

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
guys, do you think everything will be okay with summer's gone patreon?
For now? No Problems for SG at Patreon... in the future? Well... thats a different case.

So, if you are on discord or take a look at his Subscribestar Page, you will notice that more and more of his supporters are moving to subscribestar. The takedown of WiaB was the reason behind the moving for most of them.

Subscribestar is not an option for me so far... i dont do credit cards. Maybe there will be another payment option in the future, but i dont think they will go with paypal anytime soon, paypal takes a somewhat closer look, maybe too close for Subscribestar cause they dont really follow any "real" rules for what you can setup there. Practically, if its not complete illegal, anything goes. Thats not something paypal is fine with.

In Discord the "credit card" issue is a topic too, many want to support ocean, but not via credit card, but at the same time many dont want the steam edition either cause it will be slightly different. So yeah... Ocean is kinda in a predicament here...

The loss of WiaB on Patreon ist not that huge, he got about 1/3 of the support there in comparsion to summers gone... and some of those already went for Subscribestar, so... it might hurt his business, but not that hard. So he can continue like he wants to, will be able to upgrade his working station too despite that.

As for now, he cant afford to lose the SG Patreon, its his major income and barely enough to keep everything running.

During season 2 it might happen that he walks a very thin line... if something lewd will happen between Nami and MC, Patreon might take actions. And the "i-patch" is reason enough for them. So it is very important that the steam/gog/epic release will be a success and that the subscribestar page get enough subs to keep everything a float so he doesnt need Patreon anymore, i guess thats the goal for now... to get everything running without to worry for patreon anymore. He is on a way for that, but not nearly there yet.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Have you read the EULA?
Yes, in both available languages.

It's a third party EULA, which means it's not steam's
It was handed out to Ocean, why I got this assumption will I show at the end of the post.

It's clearly written for Ocean's terms, especially the fan art section.
Fan art is some kind "advertisement" if we want to call it so. Ocean can only benefit from fan art of SG, as long the artist makes no profit with it.
And allowing it in the Eula is a benefit that prevents going after the artist with a lawyer.

Are you familiar with Warhammer 40000 and have followed the scene in the last years on YouTube? If yes, then you should know that Games Workshop was on a merciless crusade against all creators that have done fan art machimas. Partly solo artist that have done a way better job with after work commitment than Games Workshop with a million $ budget. The ones that have agreed to comply had the chance to get a job as artis at GW and the one who have refused where DMCAed into oblivion. It has a reason why the most fan movies are not longer watchable on YouTube on the orginal channels but as 2nd or 3rd upload from some fans.

So, now to the reason why I believe that the EULA was handed of from Ocean. I hope you are familiar with German, because the following screen shot of a discord conversation between me and Ocean is in german.
The first sentence from Ocean contains the reason:

1712596228720.png

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
During season 2 it might happen that he walks a very thin line... if something lewd will happen between Nami and MC, Patreon might take actions. And the "i-patch" is reason enough for them. So it is very important that the steam/gog/epic release will be a success and that the subscribestar page get enough subs to keep everything a float so he doesnt need Patreon anymore, i guess thats the goal for now... to get everything running without to worry for patreon anymore. He is on a way for that, but not nearly there yet.
I have never understood that, the i-patch is not official, i mean, Ocean is not making that path so why would Patreon bother with this?

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
[...] i dont do credit cards. [...]
I don't know where are your from, and if Debit Cards are a thing in you country?

I not own a credit card either, but support Ocean via Subscribe Star and my Debit Card handed out by my bank. Till know this works fine.

I have never understood that, the i-patch is not official, i mean, Ocean is not making that path so why would Patreon bother with this?
Take a look and one of my latest posts here in this thread, there is the reasoning why even Itch.io or even this site can be dangerous for a dev.

Reactions: Don Sucio

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
For now? No Problems for SG at Patreon... in the future? Well... thats a different case.

So, if you are on discord or take a look at his Subscribestar Page, you will notice that more and more of his supporters are moving to subscribestar. The takedown of WiaB was the reason behind the moving for most of them.

Subscribestar is not an option for me so far... i dont do credit cards. Maybe there will be another payment option in the future, but i dont think they will go with paypal anytime soon, paypal takes a somewhat closer look, maybe too close for Subscribestar cause they dont really follow any "real" rules for what you can setup there. Practically, if its not complete illegal, anything goes. Thats not something paypal is fine with.

In Discord the "credit card" issue is a topic too, many want to support ocean, but not via credit card, but at the same time many dont want the steam edition either cause it will be slightly different. So yeah... Ocean is kinda in a predicament here...

The loss of WiaB on Patreon ist not that huge, he got about 1/3 of the support there in comparsion to summers gone... and some of those already went for Subscribestar, so... it might hurt his business, but not that hard. So he can continue like he wants to, will be able to upgrade his working station too despite that.

As for now, he cant afford to lose the SG Patreon, its his major income and barely enough to keep everything running.

I'm asking because there were no scenes with any relatives in new wiab, but a page is gone. There's already something in SG, at least the kiss, so...

Reactions: rudy007

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
That doesnt matter at all for patreon. And just to be clear... they dont even NEED a valid reason to ban content there... they even could say "meh, i dont like your nose, you are gone" and thats it. Patreon has EVERY right to close a page if they want to, its not even that uncommon that they closed something from DEVs without giving them a reason.

Normally they give you notice, so you can change things... but they dont have to. (OCean got a 2 weeks notice for WiaB though)

And lets get real for a minute here... oh well, at least its like i see things here.

The "roommate" thing is just not working for the relationship Nami and MC have. Why it is in any case even slightly taboo for them to be close to each other?

Than there is the joke "why are our parents dead then?" so yeah... of course... both their parents could have died at the same time, maybe even in the same accident or something like that. But really, it does look like its intended that Nami and MC are related. In a benefit of the doubt, lets say they are step-brother and sister. So not by blood... but even then, Patreon gets triggert, there a bunch of games with "step" content that are gone.

To me, the relationship doesnt make that much sense without the i-patch... i dont get it why the relationship between the two should be in any way a taboo thing if they are not related at all and why Nojiko flipped at them for going into the bathroom at the same time and such... Early on they are sitting with a bunch of college guys together and one ask "hey are you to together?" and Nami says without i-patch "ugh dude, thats gross, we are roommates" Yeah... totally gross to have something going on with your roommate, what sick individual would do such thing? oO

I will not change my opinion on that until its totally revealed in the game and the dialogues are changed so they make _REAL_ sense, i say: its intended that Nami and MC are Brother and Sister or maybe Step. And its kinda weird that for some updates the i-patch was even released BEFORE the actual update... i dont know who made it, but it would surprise me if Ocean doesnt have his hands in it.

*Edit* oh and maybe someone can correct me here... but when i played the game the first time (chapter 3 wasnt released there) iam pretty sure i played without any patch and Nami and MC where brother and sister back than... but my mind can trick me here so i might be wrong... but i think that changed starting with the rework? *shrug* dont remember exactly and dont have the old version of chapter 1 and 2 anymore.

Other than that... again, back to the topic. Patreon has already prooven that even some fanmade patch is enough for them to take actions regarding incest, Summers Gone wouldnt be the first case. But again... Patreon doesnt even follow their own rules, there are more than enough games on Patreon that have cleary incest in them, not even hidden, and they are still there. So... yeah... Patreon does what Patreon wants, thats about it.

Last edited:

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
Take a look and one of my latest posts here in this thread, there is the reasoning why even Itch.io or even this site can be dangerous for a dev.
Yes! I saw it! But for me don´t make sense, what if i make an incest patch for some game, it would be a weapon againts devs :LOL: (i remember someone said something similar)

But it is what it is, unfortunately, is just that i can´t find out a logical reason for doing that if i was Patreon. Anyway if Patreon doesn´t find out about the i´patch maybe there is hope, even if it is a small hope.

That doesnt matter at all for patreon. And just to be clear... they dont even NEED a valid reason to ban content there... they even could say "meh, i dont like your nose, you are gone" and thats it. Patreon has EVERY right to close a page if they want to, its not even that uncommon that they closed something from DEVs without giving them a reason.

Normally they give you notice, so you can change things... but they dont have to. (OCean got a 2 weeks notice for WiaB though)

And lets get real for a minute here... oh well, at least its like i see things here.

The "roommate" thing is just not working for the relationship Nami and MC have. Why it is in any case even slightly taboo for them to be close to each other?

Than there is the joke "why are our parents dead then?" so yeah... of course... both their parents could have died at the same time, maybe even in the same accident or something like that. But really, it does look like its intended that Nami and MC are related. In a benefit of the doubt, lets say they are step-brother and sister. So not by blood... but even then, Patreon gets triggert, there a bunch of games with "step" content that are gone.

To me, the relationship doesnt make that much sense without the i-patch... i dont get it why the relationship between the two should be in any way a taboo thing if they are not related at all and why Nojiko flipped at them for going into the bathroom at the same time and such... Early on they are sitting with a bunch of college guys together and one ask "hey are you to together?" and Nami says without i-patch "ugh dude, thats gross, we are roommates" Yeah... totally gross to have something going on with your roommate, what sick individual would do such thing? oO

I will not change my opinion on that until its totally revealed in the game and the dialogues are changed so they make _REAL_ sense, i say: its intended that Nami and MC are Brother and Sister or maybe Step. And its kinda weird that for some updates the i-patch was even released BEFORE the actual update... i dont know who made it, but it would surprise me if Ocean doesnt have his hands in it.

*Edit* oh and maybe someone can correct me here... but when i played the game the first time (chapter 3 wasnt released there) iam pretty sure i played without any patch and Nami and MC where brother and sister back than... but my mind can trick me here so i might be wrong... but i think that changed starting with the rework? *shrug* dont remember exactly and dont have the old version of chapter 1 and 2 anymore.

Other than that... again, back to the topic. Patreon has already prooven that even some fanmade patch is enough for them to take actions regarding incest, Summers Gone wouldnt be the first case. But again... Patreon doesnt even follow their own rules, there are more than enough games on Patreon that have cleary incest in them, not even hidden, and they are still there. So... yeah... Patreon does what Patreon wants, thats about it.
Yeah, i´m not even going to complain,you are right and that´s it... But is just fucking stupid by their part.

I´m with you too in relationship thing between Nika and Nami, but Nojiko could be worried that they would end being together,if she was educating them like brother and sister then it would be uncomfortable,but yes, the word "roomate" doesn´t fit, maybe if they say something like "ewww no, we have grown up together,he is like my brother!" then it would make more sense.

But yeah, is clear for me now, Patreon can do whatever they want, but if Ocean is making good money with Patreon and after season one release he gets more subscribers then maybe Summer´s Gone become in one of those game that have incest and Patreon allows it.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021

*Edit* oh and maybe someone can correct me here... but was i played the game the first time (chapter 3 wasnt released there) iam pretty sure i played without any patch and Nami and MC where brother and sister back than... but my mind can trick me here so i might be wrong... but i think that changed starting with the rework? *shrug* dont remember exactly and dont have the old version of chapter 1 and 2 anymore.

Other than that... again, back to the topic. Patreon has already prooven that even some fanmade patch is enough for them to taker actions regarding incest, Summers Gone wouldnt be the first case. But again... Patreon doesnt even follow their own rules, there are more than enough games on Patreon that have cleary incest in them, not even hidden, and they are still there. So... yeah... Patreon does what Patreon wants, thats about it.
It is usually in ipatches where we see how actualiy game was written; as incest game or not. Some sentences doesn't make sense, like: "ugh dude, that's gross, we are roommates"... " I cannot go out with my roommate"... If she only wasn't my roommate..."
I have no problem if game is or not an incest game, I will play it, but if I I ware against incest games, I would miss probably 75% of all good games here. Or read (without patch) such illogical sentences...

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Yes, in both available languages.

It was handed out to Ocean, why I got this assumption will I show at the end of the post.

Fan art is some kind "advertisement" if we want to call it so. Ocean can only benefit from fan art of SG, as long the artist makes no profit with it.
And allowing it in the Eula is a benefit that prevents going after the artist with a lawyer.

Are you familiar with Warhammer 40000 and have followed the scene in the last years on YouTube? If yes, then you should know that Games Workshop was on a merciless crusade against all creators that have done fan art machimas. Partly solo artist that have done a way better job with after work commitment than Games Workshop with a million $ budget. The ones that have agreed to comply had the chance to get a job as artis at GW and the one who have refused where DMCAed into oblivion. It has a reason why the most fan movies are not longer watchable on YouTube on the orginal channels but as 2nd or 3rd upload from some fans.

So, now to the reason why I believe that the EULA was handed of from Ocean. I hope you are familiar with German, because the following screen shot of a discord conversation between me and Ocean is in german.
The first sentence from Ocean contains the reason:

View attachment 3522265
I wish I could read German, but I can see enough to see when you are asking.

Contextually, I'm guessing that it's there to prevent AI scraping his images then?

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
EDIT: "Why is she red?" The 4 pesky little words that defeat any argument that tries to claim they aren't blood related. If they were 2 random foster kids adopted from different parents THERE IS NO REASON WHY ANYONE WOULD ASK THAT! And if asked THERE IS NO REASON WHY THE MC WOULD ANSWER "I dont know". Any dimwit with a quarter of a brain would reply something like "Different parents" or "We're not actually related". The MC goes with "I don't know". So either the dialogue is logical and they are genetically related or the damn script just makes no goddamn sense. It's one or the other folks!
This.

There is literally no reason to keep their relationship ambigouous and vague if the simple truth is that Nami and Nika just arent related at all. Zara asking about their relationship was literally the perfect opportunity to make it clear once and for all.

Instead Nika's replies are intentionally vague and Zara stops asking like any of this would made any sense.

Imo Ocean should just bury the incest idea for SG, it isnt needed (yeah it isnt my kink anyway, sorry at incest lovers) and it endangers his whole finances due to a possible patreon ban but at this point its obvious that Ocean intends Nami and Nika to be siblings.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
massage scene? hm, he barely touched her breast...
I feel that even if the SG page stays, Ocean will be in constant anticipation that something might happen to it and it will affect his mental health
You can see it like that, but Patreon doesn't... If we see how many incest games are still on Patreon and Patreon is determinate to "go clean", only a few games will survive. Is that only apply to incest, rape or on all porn games?
The real question is "why" and "why now".... Do they want to go away from porn or somebody force them to abandon porn, If somebody force them, it's possible other will follow Patreon to banish porn games too...

4.30 star(s) 524 Votes