Icekatana

Jul 9, 2017
Regarding those cryptic variables names in the code, I think it's more a bad programming practice thing than Ocean deliberately trying to hide the meaning of them.

If you look at the code it's obvious that he has no programming knowledge at all, as you can find the usual tells these renpy devs constantly use like [if var == True] or [if var is True]. When someone is programming some spaghetti code is not rare to see non-descriptive or directly terrible variable names.
This is the most reasonable explanation I've heard for this yet. Thanks for not using inept analogy in an attempt to explain your opinion.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Still looks hot and the art looks crisp but, she just seems to have lost that I can kick your ass look and more like cry on my shoulder while I rub your back.
Basically, that's what has happened to every character after the rework.

Every character was lively, more intense and wittier and/or edgier.

The whole story and the characters have mellowed down into a more somber and melancholic atmosphere.

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024

The whole story and the characters have mellowed down into a more somber and melancholic atmosphere.
Probably seeing how to make the art better, but also I assume to be able to sell the product to companies like steam. Visually it is beautiful.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Ayua, at least on this particular render, now looks 10 years older than Nojiko. :unsure:

I think it may have something to do with the sharp lines around her mouth and the more prominent chin (possibly her neck, too)

On the other two new renders she looks younger without these lines and with softer, rounder features of the lower part of her face.

ayua.gif

Last edited:

jllkfsdj

Apr 19, 2019

I just hope he didn't ruin Bella! Bella was the most gorgeous LI of any VN that I've ever seen. If he ruined her I'm gonna be pissed.

jllkfsdj

Apr 19, 2019
Ocean always knows what he's doing. So clearly Ayua from 17 years in the future somehow got her hands on a time machine and went back to kill and replace her younger self. Goddamn what a truly complex narrative we got here. Can't wait for the reveal!
She must be from an alternate universe future though, cause if she was from this universe she'd be hitting the Grandfather Paradox and the universe would implode!

But damn, yeah, that's definitely a woman in her late 30s. Only someone in her late prime would have the head that size, plus the features and skin. The original was definitely closer to looking 19.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Probably seeing how to make the art better, but also I assume to be able to sell the product to companies like steam. Visually it is beautiful.
I just hope he didn't ruin Bella! Bella was the most gorgeous LI of any VN that I've ever seen. If he ruined her I'm gonna be pissed.

I guess you didn't played earlier versions, therefore you didn't understand that I was pointing out that even though the storyline is the same - more or less - dialogues and characters' behaviour changed: the whole game atmosphere is quite different now.

Earlier Bella was quite different, too.

Reactions: RNasc4444
4.30 star(s) 524 Votes