Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
I am not folling all the time. But making the game 16+ and censor shit will only make people upset. There was no way to get this here being released. And instead he could have gone the normal route withut Germany and release it uncensored as
R game.
Which would half the amount of people who would buy it. It was a business decision.

Deal with it.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Then what the hell was the point? Doesn't he live in Germany? You'd think these would be things that he'd know.
You guys didnt read a lot in this thread here or even his patreon posts?

First of all... its a Steam Issue alone. They dont want do bother with german right so they just geoblock "uncertain" content from the get go. Which is ilegal by the way and Steam got sued for that multiple times and had to pay penalties... and still, they dont care.

But you can buy it on Epic or GoG in germany, its released in a week from today there.

Of course Ocean was aware of all that and still it was worth it to try it. It was even close to get approved. But in the end... it didnt made it to a german Steam release. But the effort assured that it got a pegi 16 rating, which is really important for a global release and like that it was able to be released on Epic and GoG without any issues.

So all the struggles werent exactly pointless.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
I do not know but these kind of games will NEVER be allowed in Germany witout any law changes regarding ID Check.
Please dont talk bullshit... the game is allowed in germany. Thats why you will be able to buy it on EPIC or GOG. Steam geoblocking has nothing to do with "not allowed"... in fact... the steam geoblock is not allowed, but they do it anyways.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
does this steam version have any censorship? i read it in the comments but i dont know.
If you have read it, why ask again? It was answered a lot of times. There a slighty changed renders for the steam version to avoid explicit nudity... since Season 5 didnt have that much its only a handful of renders.

If you dont want to bother... wait 3 days for the patreon version.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
After u removed adult content to be in accordance with whatever Steam rules for their rating, maybe u should change your dev notes accordingly.
Wow, do you have these brilliant ideas popping into your head often? :sneaky:
How would Ocean be able to change the contents of the OP of this thread while not even being a member of this forum? Not to mention that he never had any control over it while he still was.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
does this steam version have any censorship? i read it in the comments but i dont know.
Nothing I'm aware of. Some people talking about it, but I can't see anything of that, so I starting to believe it's just myth and because some people are retelling it without really know it, people starting to believe it.

Reactions: BobTheDuck
4.40 star(s) 494 Votes