yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Huh. Thats not how that scene goes for me, but I don't know what you mean by "rework". Maybe I've only played the rework? Or, also very possible, because I made no Bella choices up to this point, she wasn't chosen in the code to save me? But if I gotta already be on her path to get the scene then its not gonna help convince me to get on the path. (For me, the next class finds the MC handcuffed, and the airhead twin cuffs herself to the MC while uncuffing him and then loses the key and hijinks ensue...)
No, this scene plays different depending on whether you're on Bella's route or not. Kiss Bella and the scene will be different.

Naps-On-Dirt

Dec 7, 2023
No, this scene plays different depending on whether you're on Bella's route or not. Kiss Bella and the scene will be different.
When was the choice to kiss her? I know I wouldn't have so that explains why I didn't see her in this scene.

It comes back to, why are reasons to trust her being gated by actions I wouldn't take because I don't trust her?

John972

Apr 24, 2018
This will never not be funny for me considering I got called out by Ocean himself and accused of being a hater when I pointed out that the game's grammar was rough and if he was serious about the Steam release he urgently needed a fluent English speaker to take a serious look at the script.

I wonder wtf do people talk about on his Discord. If even his most staunch defenders recognize this has always been an issue, do they just not point it out?!?!?! So many issues that needed ironing before the big launch and he chose to spend months sanitizing the game and kowtowing to both music license holders and Steam themselves. It's surreal.
Yeah, I should qualify that I wrote that after wading through the revised scenes in chapters 2 to 3.

My overall impression is that the highest frequency of spelling/grammatical errors in SG occur in the first release of new material; in this case the reworked parts of chapters 2 to 3.5. With past updates, these errors do to get corrected over time. That is, most do, but not everything. I recall maybe half-a-dozen spelling errors (out of hundreds and hundreds of lines of dialogue) on my last Ch 5 Beta playthrough.

Once the errors are corrected, I find the dialogues reasonably natural and articulate. It's just the problem with that damned new material... not the whole game.

Getting players to act as Beta testers is all well and good, but I was under the impression that the Steam release was so important that it would warrant extra proof reading, especially within the dialogues of the reworked chapters and added scenes.

Anyone who has done any writing of any sort in their working career would know that, in this case, you wouldn't proof read by playing the game. You'd carefully proofread the scripts, using the likes of MS Word or other writing software to highlight potential errors for investigation... and you'd continue proofreading until no more errors appear.

Reactions: RNasc4444

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
When was the choice to kiss her? I know I wouldn't have so that explains why I didn't see her in this scene.

It comes back to, why are reasons to trust her being gated by actions I wouldn't take because I don't trust her?
Well, as I understand it, MC felt a kindred spirit in her, and this gave him confidence that she would not betray him in a serious matter. If you go to the gym with her, there will be a little dialogue about this topic.

As for the kiss - first of all, you need to tell her that you are not so different when Amber scolds her because of your scar from the fight. Then change clothes in front of her in the booth. And after dinner at the restaurant, agree with her that you are a great team.

Naps-On-Dirt

Dec 7, 2023
Well, as I understand it, MC felt a kindred spirit in her, and this gave him confidence that she would not betray him in a serious matter. If you go to the gym with her, there will be a little dialogue about this topic.

As for the kiss - first of all, you need to tell her that you are not so different when Amber scolds her because of your scar from the fight. Then change clothes in front of her in the booth. And after dinner at the restaurant, agree with her that you are a great team.
Yeah I definitely didn't do either of those things. I'll go through again and try to find any hint of a reason to give her a chance, but so far the writing hasn't shown me a reason to. May as well start over now while I wait for whatever is wrong with the missing renders to be fixed.

Reactions: yossa999

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Huh. Thats not how that scene goes for me, but I don't know what you mean by "rework". Maybe I've only played the rework? Or, also very possible, because I made no Bella choices up to this point, she wasn't chosen in the code to save me? But if I gotta already be on her path to get the scene then its not gonna help convince me to get on the path. (For me, the next class finds the MC handcuffed, and the airhead twin cuffs herself to the MC while uncuffing him and then loses the key and hijinks ensue...)
Well this entire update is a rework so wasn't sure if it changed or not as ive yet to play it since it came to steam. I had no idea the scene could play out differently so sounds like it is based on being on her path then. Guess I was on the Bella my first time then and didn't get off of it early. Since I usually play everyone path a bit until I decide who I like and dont like, as I always give every LI even ones I dont like from the first interactions a chance to change my mind until I decide on another LI.

Naps-On-Dirt

Dec 7, 2023
I'll tell you now, no native English speaker (English, not American) would ever say that either.
Here, a better example hopefully. When meeting Victoria in the hospital to return her wallet, she says,
"I feel like I've had a really long workout... and didn't drink anything for the past 4 years."
Its weird here because he wrote it half correctly. It should be:
"I feel like I've had a really long workout... and haven't drank anything for the past 4 years."

Edit: Wait here's an even better one that I think everyone would agree looks wrong:
Nami: "We did go to a high school way in the west."
That should be "We went to a high school way in the west."

Edit 2: Another where he is half right and half wrong:
Jeffrey: "You've worked out before, didn't you?"
should be "You've worked out before, haven't you?"

Last edited:

Vinho49

Apr 19, 2022
I played the Patreon version on our discord for supporters. I played a part some errors were corrected tiocass.com

Naps-On-Dirt

Dec 7, 2023
Well this entire update is a rework so wasn't sure if it changed or not as ive yet to play it since it came to steam. I had no idea the scene could play out differently so sounds like it is based on being on her path then. Guess I was on the Bella my first time then and didn't get off of it early. Since I usually play everyone path a bit until I decide who I like and dont like, as I always give every LI even ones I dont like from the first interactions a chance to change my mind until I decide on another LI.
This isn't tagged as a harem game so I am a little more cautious at first, because in non-harem games usually only trouble follows if you start dating everyone immediately. ;) But more specifically with Bella, her uniform prank gave her negative RP with me (being a protective brother myself) and she never got it above zero by the time I had to choose things about her. Well, that and people who are willing to prank a complete stranger like that probably also treat service workers poorly and generally are trash. So she has a huge deficit to make up for and just doesn't.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
This isn't tagged as a harem game so I am a little more cautious at first, because in non-harem games usually only trouble follows if you start dating everyone immediately. ;) But more specifically with Bella, her uniform prank gave her negative RP with me (being a protective brother myself) and she never got it above zero by the time I had to choose things about her. Well, that and people who are willing to prank a complete stranger like that probably also treat service workers poorly and generally are trash. So she has a huge deficit to make up for and just doesn't.
fair enough yeah I tend to play non harems as harems until I made a decision since I don't like to decide right away until I get to know everyone a bit unless something grabs me right away. If it wasn't for the way I play I probably have a similar opinion if I never played her path cause up until that point I mentioned earlier I did dislike her as a LI.

akzz223

Aug 23, 2023
View attachment 2194926

Overview:
After a traumatic experience, a young spirit tries to find its way back into life. College is about to start and mysteries are about to unfold.​

Thread Updated: 2024-05-10
Release Date: 2024-05-10
Developer: Oceanlab - - - - -
Censored: No
Version: Season 1 Steam + DLC
Language: English
Other Games: Where It All Began
Vndb:
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux/Mac
: - - MEGA - PIXELDRAIN -

Split

Chapter 5 Beta

Uncensor Patch:
Extras: Walkthrough - Walkthrough Mod - Wallpaper - SAVE - LI list - Music restoration Mod - Fan Wiki - German Translation - Russian Translation - Turkish translation - Gallery -
Decensored Mod
The Krogan Dude thanks for the links
* This port/version is unofficial and is not released by the developer. Download at your own risk!

View attachment 2194928 View attachment 1363945 View attachment 2461761 View attachment 501865 View attachment 501867 View attachment 1170342 View attachment 1170344 View attachment 1171830 View attachment 1170345 View attachment 1170346 View attachment 1917769 View attachment 1917764 View attachment 1917765 View attachment 1917766 View attachment 1917768 View attachment 2194929
Hi, I am a mac user and I cant figure out what to do after downloading the file. I am new to this so any help would be greatly appreciated!

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Yeah I don't mean completely avoidable, the partnering up for class is main plot and thats all fine. But the game doesn't give the player the choice to either keep doing other things with her, or just back off and do the assignment and nothing else. My main problem with her is that her uniform prank on Nami never gets answered for.
There are two fundamental events on the Bella path that are unavoidable - partnering up in class and hatching revenge schemes with her. These two are central to overarching plot progression.

Aside from those two events, the player has a lot of latitude in how much they interact with Bella. The player can make Bella a LI or the player can keep interactions with Bella to a minimum, not participate in the Holgerson heist, and not enter a romantic relationship with her. Those choices lead to many differing outcomes. One of the beautiful things about SG is the subtle differences in scenes depending on choices made. It takes several playthroughs with different choices (and LIs) to appreciate the scope of these differences.

As to the uniform prank... on the Bella LI route, the MC and Bella have a conversation about Nami's revenge and the player has a choice to tell Bella they'll help Nami with that revenge or not help Nami. So, although the "uniform prank on Nami never gets answered for" by the end of Season 1, the game sets it up for sometime in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: yossa999

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
what does split means
split verb (DIVIDE)

to (cause to) divide into two or more parts, especially along a particular line:
be split between The prize was split between Susan and Kate.
split something in something Split the aubergines in half and cover with breadcrumbs.
split someone/something (up) into something The teacher split the children (up) into three groups.
split something with someone informal I'll split (= share) this croissant with you.
His trousers split when he tried to jump the fence.

[ + obj + adj ] The woman had split her head open (= got a long, deep wound in her head) when she was thrown off the horse.

4.40 star(s) 490 Votes