Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
A lot of very good points! One of the cringiest scenes in this VN was the part in the bar before Bella date where MC explains to Joff why he doesn't tell Nami about the guy hitting on her. Suddenly he's all "I'm doing social experiment" and "I'm big brain behind the curtain, muahahahaha!" and all that crap. That was such a random scene that the first time I got to it I was just blinking and going "huh?" It served no purpose, came out of nowhere, was completely at odds with the entire game before it and with the character and didn't appear again, nor had any influence.
Thats just Nika but he behaves like that all the time, it isnt really a surprise. The whole Holgerson/bella plan is the same thing, he talked to Amber and Bella about it too.

Nika isnt flawless and its kind of a hubris and overconfidence (william is similar) often thinking he's smarter than he really is or simply not having the whole picture. There are multiple times where we can read his thoughts, feels very smart, yet we know this is kinda dumb.

I mean .. look at the date in the restaurant with bella, it doesnt work out ..

But you arent supposed to read that and think "damn he's smart!" his ideas are often kinda crap.

Mr_Mister

Jan 9, 2020
Don't bother., These people aren't speaking out of ignorance. They know damn well the amount of content that was cut or changed. They are posturing. Their intent is to shift the narrative and make it flow on this thread as they want it to. In a manner that is more positive to Ocean and the game. Problem is, not everyone is as daft as they think we are.
giphy2.gif

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I can't quite put my finger on why, but this scene is one of my favorites. The first time I watched it, it just hit differently. You can sense the first hints of Bella's feelings for the MC. There's nothing overly complex about it - no spectacular animations or anything like that. It's just a few seconds long, but it left a lasting impression on me...
One of the aspects of Ocean's work I appreciate is his use of facial expressions.

I agree - Bella's initial reaction to the MC's injury was Not what you would expect of someone who did not care at all for the MC.

She covered it up pretty quickly and tried to resume a more dispassionate attitude, but her gut reaction was there for all to see.

Sometimes, it is easy to miss the small facial expression changes; I get caught up in reading the dialogue and not paying enough attention to what is happening in the renders, and I will go back to double check and spot the facial expression change or (and this has happened several times) - I suddenly spot one of Sasha's friends appear in the background - not Stalking the MC but close at hand.

Ocean's clever use of easter eggs in the background of various scenes adds to my sense of - there is more going on than I know and I get Damn curious!

Cheers!! :coffee:

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Sometimes, it is easy to miss the small facial expression changes; I get caught up in reading the dialogue and not paying enough attention to what is happening in the renders, and I will go back to double check and spot the facial expression change
This happened to me when it came to the Bella cinematics my first time I played the game I just played the game. However on my 2nd playthrough I saw Bella in a new light and she passed everyone by a mile in terms of characters I like even ones from other games. Because I paid more attention to her facial expressions and everything else happening in those cinematics. It really felt like there is some subtle detail in those or even a small story within them to tell that is up for personal interpretation. To me those cinematics make Bella feel like one of the most romantic LI ive seen in an AVN even tho her story isn't the most romantic compared to some others.

Mr_Mister

Jan 9, 2020
Think you need to add a couple of decades to that year, dude. We sure as hell ain't getting finished season 2 in just 5 years.
Ocean won't be able to finish this vn because even the characters are getting older in real time , so by the end of season 2 they'll look like on their 50's and on season 3 they'll start dying because of old age.
Screenshot 2024-05-13 082445.png Screenshot 2024-05-13 082240.png Screenshot 2024-05-14 134355.png
Vic ep#3 , Vic ep#4 , Vic ep #5

Winterstale

Oct 3, 2018
This happened to me when it came to the Bella cinematics my first time I played the game I just played the game. However on my 2nd playthrough I saw Bella in a new light and she passed everyone by a mile in terms of characters I like even ones from other games. Because I paid more attention to her facial expressions and everything else happening in those cinematics. It really felt like there is some subtle detail in those or even a small story within them to tell that is up for personal interpretation. To me those cinematics make Bella feel like one of the most romantic LI ive seen in an AVN even tho her story isn't the most romantic compared to some others.
During my first playthrough, it felt like I missed out on about 70% of the visuals because I was so engrossed in the text. I'm more accustomed to straightforward books without all the rich visual content...

1715713117633.png

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Don't bother., These people aren't speaking out of ignorance. They know damn well the amount of content that was cut or changed. They are posturing. Their intent is to shift the narrative and make it flow on this thread as they want it to. In a manner that is more positive to Ocean and the game. Problem is, not everyone is as daft as they think we are.
There is one narrative now - Summers Gone Season 1 - it is what Ocean published on Steam/is releasing on Patreon/SS.

There are multiple perspectives.

Agree with some of those perspectives and not others - that is all good -- Each of us gets to have A perspective and discuss it here on this forum.

Like/dislike the rework done for Steam - that is fine.
Like/dislike the music - that is fine.
Like/dislike the changes from the old, darker version of the MC from 3 years ago - that is fine.

For those who keep pointing out all the things they don't like about Summers Gone - that is fine.

For those who keep pointing out all the things they like about Summers Gone - that is fine.

Agreement/disagreement with the positions of others makes no one daft.

It does mean that there are differences of opinion - that is fine.

There is no F95 Crusader's Award for forcing others to a particular point of view - there is only discussion.

If someone is truly bothered by another's negative opinion of Summers Gone - put them on ignore and move on.

If someone is truly bothered by another's positive opinion of Summers Gone - put them on ignore and move on.

If someone Truly hates what Summers Gone has become - why stay?

Time has value and I know I have left threads/stopped supporting devs when, IMO, the dev/AVN/thread went off the rails and stayed there.

For those who want to keep focusing on what Summers Gone used to be - that is fine.

I'm enjoying Summers Gone Season 1 - what is - and looking forward to Season 2 - what will be - continuing with Ocean's dev log tomorrow.

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
Pffff, i just finished the season 1... Why most of the character´s lifes are so sad? It really affects me, i started playing it excited and happy but now a part of me is empty (and not only because now we have to wait god knows how much for a new chapter).

I´m not going to lie, i liked it so much, i even left aside Fallout 4 for two days for SG, but is true that i feel that the game without the censorship would be much better, specially in Nami path. Anyway i think Ocean has done a very good job.

I have taken screenshots of some scenes that for reason caught my attention and i have written my thoughts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

About Sasha i don´t know what to think about her, i want to like her but i find her more difficult than Bella, she is like a rock... I know she has a big trauma and her helping Nika in the book club was nice but i need to know her more for have interest in her.

And Bella´s sister!?!? I thought she was dead or something! I suppose she is in a vegetable state

Now i have some serious doubts about Katie and William being mentioned in the game, i suppose they are the same as in WiaB, but older? It just confuse me.

I don´t know why Nika hasn´t told Bella already that Vanessa is really smart and she could have played her, she is very dangerous

Last but no least important i want Maja proof her fetish on Nika I want all spicys fetishes in the game :devilish:. I even want Zara to punish Nika making him eat her feet if he plays her like a fool again :devilish:

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
Pffff, i just finished the season 1... Why most of the character´s lifes are so sad? It really affects me, i started playing it excited and happy but now a part of me is empty (and not only because now we have to wait god knows how much for a new chapter).

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
A bit OT so:

If you have not tried Chasing Sunsets, I recommend it - Jaye is Quite an LI.

While Bella is my favorite LI in SG, Zara climbed the charts as an LI and is now only behind Bella.

Her facial expressions once she and the MC get past the BB game/locker room retaliation are worth paying extra attention to.

There is also the simple joy she expresses at having someone she can train with or go shoot hoops with, and she genuinely enjoys competing with the MC in BB - remember 'No Blood, No Foul'. ;)

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018

I´m not going to lie, i liked it so much, i even left aside Fallout 4 for two days for SG, but is true that i feel that the game without the censorship would be much better, specially in Nami path. Anyway i think Ocean has done a very good job.

I have taken screenshots of some scenes that for reason caught my attention and i have written my thoughts:

About Sasha i don´t know what to think about her, i want to like her but i find her more difficult than Bella, she is like a rock... I know she has a big trauma and her helping Nika in the book club was nice but i need to know her more for have interest in her.

And Bella´s sister!?!? I thought she was dead or something! I suppose she is in a vegetable state

Now i have some serious doubts about Katie and William being mentioned in the game, i suppose they are the same as in WiaB, but older? It just confuse me.

I don´t know why Nika hasn´t told Bella already that Vanessa is really smart and she could have played her, she is very dangerous

Last but no least important i want Maja proof her fetish on Nika I want all spicys fetishes in the game :devilish:. I even want Zara to punish Nika making him eat her feet if he plays her like a fool again :devilish:
Nice overall summary of how you found it. I also found it far more emotive than previous versions, mainly because the renders weren't jumping between 4 years worth of quality in half a scene, so I paid more attention to the flow of the characters than getting distracted by visuals. In pariticular I found Maja, Nia and Nami hit me with their characters far more than previously.

About Willi and Katie (and Zoey, Stefan, Leia Emilio and Elena so far), we can see from the ones with screen time they have aged. It's two decades later, so we'll see them very differently. Stefan is the most obviously aged, Katie less so. How their story intersects with SG is a major part of what is going on, so I believe it'll be the current that Nika has to swim against, trying to fins balance while their games are going on around him. Katie has her hand in the basketball plot, for whatever reason it seems, and that suggests all the upper crust are having some sort of power play, probably continued from WiaB.

As far as connections, it's really worthwhile working out who of the mature people know each other, it makes a really interesting web.

And yes, Maja. There is no way Ocean should mention those things and not let them happen at some point!

The couple of things

Will the saves in this Steam version work with the next updates that drop on patreon ?
I think so, yes, as the next update (S2E1) will be on patreon, and we are supposed to be able to import the saves. It shouldn't be hard to manually put the saves where they can be used in any case, as it's still renpy.

Reactions: Don Sucio
4.30 star(s) 506 Votes