Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
The most romantic and wholesome love story you ever read is where the girl wants to go non-exclusive after like 2 days?
never said was the most romantic story but how Bella feels to me through her actions , dialogue , facial expressions and cinematic she does feel like the most romantic LI ive seen. There is a difference between story and how a LI can feel towards a player. (me)

Deleted member 6168082

Jun 5, 2023
But many (I believe it to be most) OG players that have suffered through all these constant updates (which have been merely cleansing) expect much more than those two things.
Yeah. I think the OG players who played this a ton years ago are more tied to that version rather than being tied to the newest version that Ocean released. I was never deep into it. I only played it for the dark path. Once that was gone, not much else attracted me to it.

I will never fully understand how the OG players felt and how they feel right now about the current release. I'm playing it after years of not playing it, and that's after the dark stuff. Just going with the flow, letting transitions play out, enjoying the music that goes with each scene, seeing it as Ocean sees it (I guess)

I didn't think about the characters having sex, but I do enjoy Nami's butt. Lots of hints toward Nami and it gives me a bad feeling. The whole hospital scene tho confuses the fuck out of me. If he tried to end his life, why? did Summer leave his ass? cause he doesn't even know what happened to her...

Lungs collapsed? a wrist cut wouldn't cause that and nothing else was mentioned. Anyways.... I haven't seen the old faces with new faces (seeing an old version in one render then seeing a new one in the next render etc) but I am surprised by this... why didn't Ocean fix that before release? seems rushed in many ways.

But so far, liking what I am playing. Since it's fresh for me and the old version isn't tied to my blood.

Last edited:

massagecook01

Oct 6, 2022
never said was the most romantic story but how Bella feels to me through her actions , dialogue , facial expressions and cinematic she does feel like the most romantic LI ive seen. There is a difference between story and how a LI can feel towards a player.
i feel bella and the MC are kinda like kindred spirits, they are more alike than the other LI, it makes sense for bella and the MC to be together and fall in love, two people from different walks of life coming together finding common ground it's kinda beautiful. (y)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
man this thread never ceases to amaze me. what happened to the patreon version?
I've yet to see or hear anything that can be validated that proves it's nothing more than the Steam version without achievements and has the Patreon link on the MainMenu (since Steam doesn't allow it). That's it from my understanding. Again, I can't 100% confirm this so take with a very small grain of salt... very small.

All these months/yrs of continuous cleansing have nothing to do with Steam. This is a personal choice by the dev for what appears to be personal reasons. This all started way back when Coach Hill's nickname for Ayua was changed from "gook". That's from my memory back in the day. Here's one of my posts from back in 2022.

Last edited:

zack1419

Sep 22, 2019
I've yet to see or hear anything that can be validated that proves it's nothing more than the Steam version without achievements and has the Patreon link on the MainMenu (since Steam doesn't allow it). That's it from my understanding. Again, I can't 100% confirm this so take with a very small grain of salt... very small.
did he censored the patreon version as well?

zack1419

Sep 22, 2019
Again, I can't confirm but the only differences are those I mentioned from my understanding (I edited the post to add more info).
ok, lol i knew he censored some scenes for some music licensing and steam, but i was under the impression that the patreon version was the uncensored version.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
ok, lol i knew he censored some scenes for some music licensing and steam, but i was under the impression that the patreon version was the uncensored version.
TBH that wouldn't even make sense. If that were to be considered the case it would make no sense to censor Steam versus Patreon. There's no reason or point to do such a thing. Patreon is stricter on content that Steam, not vice-versa, and there's no monetary gain potential by doing so. Agreed? If so, it's basically only for personal reasons... whatever those may be.

zack1419

Sep 22, 2019
TBH that wouldn't even make sense. If that were to be considered the case it would make no sense to censor Steam versus Patreon. There's no reason or point to do such a thing. Patreon is stricter on content that Steam, not vice-versa. Agreed?
LMAO ok i guess. it took 7 months for the game to go from a beta to a full steam release... why?

• Haha
Reactions: DanThaMan

Deleted member 6168082

Jun 5, 2023
Again, I can't confirm but the only differences are those I mentioned from my understanding (I edited the post to add more info).
TBH that wouldn't even make sense. If that were to be considered the case it would make no sense to censor Steam versus Patreon. There's no reason or point to do such a thing. Patreon is stricter on content that Steam, not vice-versa. Agreed?
Would be better to just get a straight answer from Ocean himself. If someone owns the Patreon version or can buy it, let them confirm what it offers. But both should be the same, especially if that's the version Ocean sees as his true Season 1.

Everything will be fresh and new once the second season starts and releases. Not having him here makes it a bit hard for answers. Unless you rock his discord and can get it from him there. Mods etc answer for him on Steam.

All I can say is, don't focus on what was lost, focus on what shall be explored and gained (I know, easy for me to say, I am sorry, just trying to be positive) Definitely want to see what Ocean ends up doing. Since he has a lot on his plate right now.

Will he touch up his old renders in the Steam/Patreon versions? you know, remove the old versions of models and putting in the new renders/models. Fixing this/that Steam community items which, I am sure he'll enjoy doing the art for (Cards/Backgrounds/Emotes/Badges?)

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
TBH that wouldn't even make sense. If that were to be considered the case it would make no sense to censor Steam versus Patreon. There's no reason or point to do such a thing. Patreon is stricter on content that Steam, not vice-versa, and there's no monetary gain potential by doing so. Agreed? If so, it's basically only for personal reasons... whatever those may be.
Arent you completly out of the loop this time?

Are you aware that the version here isnt even the actual steam version? It got a patch with brought (some) nudes back. Steam and Patreon should be the same at this point.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Would be better to just get a straight answer from Ocean himself.
We have it in the course of all these changes in the last 2 years bud.

All I can say is, don't focus on what was lost, focus on what shall be explored and gained
I want to be optimistic too... but what the hell have original fans gained?

Will he touch up his old renders in the Steam/Patreon versions? you know, remove the old versions of models and putting in the new renders/models. Fixing this/that Steam community items which, I am sure he'll enjoy doing the art for (Cards/Backgrounds/Emotes/Badges?)
Oh, it's coming. Most of the Steam chapters don't even have achievements yet. Only 3 script segments have them, the majority don't.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

Are you aware that the version here isnt even the actual steam version? It got a patch with brought (some) nudes back. Steam and Patreon should be the same at this point.
No, I'm not out of the loop. This is the Steam version... the Steam achievement unlock codes are in it bud. The build version in the code is exactly: "SummersGone_Season1_Steam". I got the same version from a bud who bought it on Steam and verified it as well:
Python:
define build.name = "SummersGone_Season1_Steam"
To your other point I've maintained that the Patreon version will mirror the Steam version, my post you replied to is stating that to the poster who was thinking the Patreon would be "uncensored".

So, WTF are you talking about? What am I missing bud?

zack1419

Sep 22, 2019

ok, then how bad is the censorship? im talking about the lewd scenes that were present in previous versions that were cut for whatever reason.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
ok, then how bad is the censorship? im talking about the lewd scenes that were present in previous versions that were cut for whatever reason.
It's so bad that even naming a car (Dodge Viper) was removed... I'm serious. Every character's dialogue that had the word "fuck" was removed. Hell, the comedic relief of the MC having the nipple pump on (you know the scene) was removed. Apparently a male's nipples are too risque for any amount of comedy to be presented.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
No, I'm not out of the loop. This is the Steam version... the Steam achievement unlock codes are in it bud. The build version in the code is exactly: "SummersGone_Season1_Steam". I got the same version from a bud who bought it on Steam and verified it as well:
Python:
define build.name = "SummersGone_Season1_Steam"
To your other point I've maintained that the Patreon version will mirror the Steam version, my post you replied to is stating that to the poster who was thinking the Patreon would be "uncensored".

So, WTF are you talking about? What am I missing bud?
Sure this was after the steam-patch got applied? If yes sorry, didnt sounded like it at first. Im pretty sure the name of the build was the same before the patch got applied?

And the funny thing is that the steam version originally indeed had less nudes than the patreon version at first until ocean changed it back. Why he did that is explained/discussed on like the last 50 pages in this thread nonstop.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
It's so bad that even naming a car (Dodge Viper) was removed... I'm serious.
I appreciate you're on a bit of a rant at the moment...but you know why that was removed for Steam right?

Unless you're offering to pay his legal expenses if Dodge decides to sue him....same with the a lot of the censoring, he didn't want to lose the rights to the music he paid for.

Surely, even you can understand that? That's not me defending Ocean, legitamising what he has done. Just stating the laws and contracts involved that required some changes. (In the case of Dodge, even Steam could actually get flack from Dodge's legal representatives it if garnered enough attention, such is the crazy world we live in now). Why is it every damn piece of media these days (commercial) has the disclaimer, any similarities etc etc etc? To cover their asses.

Of course, people have the right to be annoyed about it....but to keep denying they don't understand/know why some of these changes were made?

Really?

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes