Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sure this was after the steam-patch got applied? If yes sorry, didnt sounded like it at first.

And the funny thing is that the steam version originally indeed had less nudes than the patreon version at first until ocean changed it back. Why he did that is explained/discussed on like the last 50 pages in this thread nonstop.
Bud, this whole issue isn't about the number of nudes (adding back a half dozen images is irrelevant)... that's not the point at all. That's not the beef here. I think you are missing the forest for the trees in this case tbh.

zack1419

Sep 22, 2019
It's so bad that even naming a car (Dodge Viper) was removed... I'm serious. Every character's dialogue that had the word "fuck" was removed. Hell, the comedic relief of the MC having the nipple pump on (you know the scene) was removed. Apparently a male's nipples are too risque.
lmao i have so much disdain for this game and ocean now. its like AAA dev/company promising a game with many cool features but when the game comes out half of the features that were promised are not there.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I appreciate you're on a bit of a rant at the moment...but you know why that was removed for Steam right?

Unless you're offering to pay his legal expenses if Dodge decides to sue him....same with the a lot of the censoring, he didn;t want to lose the rights to the music he paid for.

Surely, even you can understand that? That's not me defending Ocean, legitamising what he has done. Just stating the laws and contracts involved that required some changes. ()In the case of Dodge, even Steam could actually get flack from Dodge's legal preresentatives it if garnered enough attention, such is the crazy world we live in now).

Of course, people have the right to be annoyed about it....but to keep denying they don't understand/know why some of these changes were made?

Really?
To be fair, read my statement in context to the whole post bud, give me a fair shake. The car is one of hundreds of contextual changes over time. None of the others are a branding issue. And do we seriously think Chrysler is the dev's motivation for all of this? (that's obvious sarcasm, just to point it out)

Also, I apologize if I read like I'm ranting. I'm doing my best to provide evidence to the debate. That's not intended as rant.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Bud, this whole issue isn't about the number of nudes (adding back a half dozen images is irrelevant)... that's not the point at all. That's not the beef here. I think you are missing the forest for the trees in this case tbh.
Ok Bud, i take it as youre not even sure if you even played the current version before your rant.

Im not too happy about some changes myself while some were pretty good. It just feels like you missed the last 60 pages of this thread were all of this was already talked about nonstop.

But i will let you rant in peace now

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
Maviarab has just been fanboying hard for ocean. Don't bother arguing with someone like that.

I actually cannot fucking wait until its confirmed that the patreon version is the same as the steam version.

Deleted member 6168082

Jun 5, 2023
It's so bad that even naming a car (Dodge Viper) was removed... I'm serious. Every character's dialogue that had the word "fuck" was removed. Hell, the comedic relief of the MC having the nipple pump on (you know the scene) was removed. Apparently a male's nipples are too risque for any amount of comedy to be presented.
See, I didn't get this far and definitely didn't pay attention to any of the dialogue back from 2+ years ago to recent updates + the Steam release version so, I will never know what dialogue has been changed (unless people mention it) and all the scenes that are still gone.

I guess I can't say much and shouldn't say anything at all. I wanted to believe we were seeing the game the way Ocean wanted us to see it, how he sees it. I don't know why he removed this/that, especially removing the words "fuck" from characters....

This just seems to be a big mess all around... no matter where you land, it's shit.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Maviarab has just been fanboying hard for ocean, ocean can literally do nothing wrong. Don't bother arguing with someone like that.
lmfao what he is probably the least "fanboy" of Ocean I have seen on this thread or any thread for that matter he is just very real and to the point nothing more and nothing less as far as I can tell.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Bud, I mod the fucking VN... you don't think I've not only played it but I know the code inside-out? Come on now... let's all at least remain in some form of reality.
Im aware and your mods are great. I just saw you ranting about all the missing nudes and wanted to make sure you played the current version. If youre sure that you did, all good (y)

And i didnt intended to offend you or something, at first i genuinely just wanted to make sure youre aware of it.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
And i didnt intended to offend you or something, at first i genuinely just wanted to make sure youre aware of it.
We're all good man... I'm a redneck and thick skinned. I'm not offended in the least. To me this is civil debate amongst VN fans, nothing more. But, of course, I try to make my points with some evidence as to why I make statements... so I'm not ranting, I'm debating my stance (which is shared with many as you already know).

That's it. Again, all good bud. I'll even go grab tonight's first Crown and drink to wishing all the best to you and yours.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
It's fair fans of this game don't like the changes.

My advice, vote with your money, because complaining won't have any impact.
Easier said than done tho. I've bought games in the past that I hated the company , their practices or something they did to the game or series but the game looked to good or tempting to not buy it as I knew I would still enjoy the hell out of it. Especially when it's one I been looking forward to for a long time.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
his contribution to the conversation is useless.
Oh man, don't slam him like that bud. Maviarab is a good dude and is simply expressing his opinion too, ain't it? Sure he puts folks in his ignore list... but I see it as him just removing bullshit from his screen :ROFLMAO:. It's his button to press as he wishes. I don't think I have anyone on my list though... but I obviously am a different type of fella... I call out BS but I don't attempt to hide it when it's being flung... I just duck so it doesn't hit me.

Dunno, he and I get along, we respect each other's thoughts even if we disagree on things at times. I'm certainly not on his list. :p

zack1419

Sep 22, 2019
Oh man, don't slam him like that bud. Maviarab is a good dude and is simply expressing his opinion too, ain't it? Sure he puts folks in his ignore list... but I see it as him just removing bullshit from his screen :ROFLMAO:.

Dunno, he and I get along, we respect each other's thoughts even if we disagree on things at times. I'm certainly not on his list. :p
lol to me he sounds like a guy who likes to smell his own farts and is being smug about it.

Drinex

Aug 30, 2023
It's so bad that even naming a car (Dodge Viper) was removed... I'm serious. Every character's dialogue that had the word "fuck" was removed. Hell, the comedic relief of the MC having the nipple pump on (you know the scene) was removed. Apparently a male's nipples are too risque for any amount of comedy to be presented.
I dont know if you are serious about ''fuck'' word... :ROFLMAO: but im pretty sure you can still admire mc's nipple pump scene in the steam version, nami is cut tho.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
lol to me he sounds like a guy who likes to smell his own farts and is being smug about it.
Hes a cool dude, i generally get along with him in most game threads but theres something about this game that makes him give it his undying loyalty, or maybe ocean is blackmailing him. Blink twice bro if that's the case. :ROFLMAO:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
And some people wonder why the list is so big (especially from this threads contributors, using the word contributor VERY loosely). He can't even get the right Ocean game I'm a fanboy of correct or understand what a running joke is *sighs*

As Sancho said, life is easier without seeing all the bullshit ;)

massagecook01

Oct 6, 2022
you are defending the guy who counts in real time his ignore list. his contribution to the conversation is useless.
mostly from what i've seen from him, he thinks he is making a impact on the lives of the people he blocks like they will delete their account because he is that important on F95zone and in Life, if you even slightly disagree with him or say something that isnt praise to him or ocean then you are blocked, he is the very apitamy of a narcissist. if a person is so triggered by a post on a forum that it brings so much anger and darkness to your life you need therapy like really.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 502 Votes