Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I know this has been discussed before, but what is Mila alluding to? What does Mila have? A sibling, a child?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I've always thought that Mila was about to say something like "I have a shitty family", "I have a father who's an alcoholic" or something like that. But my guess isn't any better than yours and I kind of like this twist. While it may seem outlandish at this point, it gives a good reason to a seemingly random hostility of Holgerssons against Mila. (y)

White cat6

Jan 21, 2024
Hmmm, I don't recall reading anything like that in the ch 5 beta, it's possible that I missed it, but I did go over it a few times. Are you using a translation or a mod? Also, something that has been removed is not part of the current story. It could have been changed because it implied something that Ocean didn't intend and his testing team questioned him about it and he corrected it.

Why not both? Katie of course wants everything. :sneaky:
I don't play fashion. I only play the original game. And I said that Jenna’s phrase about Sasha was only in version A. In version B it disappeared. I think Ocean thought it was premature.

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
I've always thought that Mila was about to say something like "I have a shitty family", "I have a father who's an alcoholic" or something like that. But my guess isn't any better than yours and I kind of like this twist. While it may seem outlandish at this point, it gives a good reason to a seemingly random hostility of Holgerssons against Mila. (y)
At that point did she tell her mom was a prostitute to Nika if not then maybe that was it. "I have a prostitute for a mom"

dameromeroxxx

Apr 28, 2022
I wonder which Holgerson Bella had in mind when she painted graffiti on the car, the car was rather Mario, but maybe she knew that Stefan would also see it. If it's Stefan, then we can speculate that maybe he paid underage girls to have sex with him and this way the trail may lead to Milla and her mother and this may be the reason why they accused Milla so quickly because they knew that she knew about Stefan's perversions and they think that graffiti was her work

Or maybe she just means that she has had to hear and see people having sex since she was a little girl

Last edited:

John972

Apr 24, 2018
At that point did she tell her mom was a prostitute to Nika if not then maybe that was it. "I have a prostitute for a mom"

The, "And" kinda discounts her saying "I have a- prostitute for a mom." However, she could have been about to talk about her step-father.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020

The, "And" kinda discounts her saying "I have a- prostitute for a mom." However, she could have been about to talk about her step-father.
My guess is "I have a baby" or "I have a baby sister that I have to take care of" or something like that.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
I noticed a very interesting thing about the Ocean. In version A, phrases appear that disappear in version B. They are very similar to hints. So, in Part 3A of "Vibes", Monica, talking to Abigail, calls Willie and Leah her best friend's offspring. In Part 3B this phrase was changed and the word “generation” was removed.
Also in part 5A of SG in the book club, Jenna says to Nika: “Our Sasha is being beaten at home... Oops, Princess ZPR is being beaten? Maybe we should think about whether she is such a princess? In version B this phrase disappears. You might want to think about what "sparring" is. Sashi and Ayuya?
Nah, the original and genuine English language text in the Beta version of Ch 5 said nothing of the sort.

I have no idea what you are playing, but it's NOT the English-language Ch 5 Beta (there is no such thing as "5A").

Here are the current UNOFFICIAL translations available on F95:

Russian:

"Знаешь... К нашей драгоценной Саше часто подкатывают."
"You know... Our precious Sasha is often approached."

Turkish:

"Biliyor musun... Kıymetli Sasha\'mız çok darbe alıyor."
"You know... Our precious Sasha takes a lot of hits."

German:

"Weißt du... Unsere liebe Sasha wird oft angemacht."
"You know... Our dear Sasha gets hit on a lot."

Can you reproduce the quotes from the script?

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018

I don't know what the 'a' is, but considering she mentioned her mother being prositute, Mila's being pretty transparent. That means that whatever she was about to reveal is about her specifically, not about her mom or her mom's boyfriend/s and far more personal. I also think it's unlikely to be something negative. Context is that she's sharing personal things and even dreams, this whole 'getting to know you vibe' It's not 100% her getting things off her chest. Some of it has been sharing dreams, so why not something positive?

We're so predisposed to believe that everything in the Ocean verse is the beginning of a trauma :sneaky:

Might be that she had a half sister called Summer. Mila doesn't know about Nika and Summer at this point. I mean the field of what it could be is ridiculously large even if we narrow it to personal things.

We're discounting:
- I have a Y chromosome and all the comes with it (because Ocean said the trans character isn't in the game yet)
- I have a license in floral arranging (because it's not something to be ashamed of)
- I have a fetish for gouging out the eyes of my significant other so they never look at anyone after me (because it's not THAT game)

Although it could be a more AVN style "I have a...." where the ellipsis is her preferred fetish. She could have been about to go into a bucket list like Claire's, right then and there!

But yeah, if mentioning her mom is a prostitute isn't too personal, I literally don't know what she's holding back (I have a fetish for organising my sock drawer by date purchased? I have a completely invisble friend who tells me who must be purged for the end of the world to start?)

I don't play fashion. I only play the original game. And I said that Jenna’s phrase about Sasha was only in version A. In version B it disappeared. I think Ocean thought it was premature.
Curious, I really don't recall these lines in either the Beta or the Full. You'd have to find the line in the script for me to talk further - I kept the ch4.5 version, but deleted the ch5 beta when I got the steam version, so I can't check any more. Edit: I see John's already mentioned this:

Nah, the original and genuine English language text in the Beta version of Ch 5 said nothing of the sort.

I have no idea what you are playing, but it's NOT the English-language Ch 5 Beta (there is no such thing as "5A").

Here are the current UNOFFICIAL translations available on F95:

Russian:

"Знаешь... К нашей драгоценной Саше часто подкатывают."
"You know... Our precious Sasha is often approached."

Turkish:

"Biliyor musun... Kıymetli Sasha\'mız çok darbe alıyor."
"You know... Our precious Sasha takes a lot of hits."

German:

"Weißt du... Unsere liebe Sasha wird oft angemacht."
"You know... Our dear Sasha gets hit on a lot."

Can you reproduce the quotes from the script?
Now what I wonder is, what if Whitecat's enjoyment of the story is actually more than mine because of the translation, if that is indeed the case? That would be an interesting idea, that the story could be more elaborate (unintentionally) in another language.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Fashion???

Version A and B?

Seriously....what are you on about? I'm beginning to think somewhere, there is a serious language barrier and you are completely misconstruing what has actually been written or reading something completely changed from the original text.

N1ghtcrawler

May 29, 2023
Stop, stop. Firstly, I don’t really understand what exactly will ruin Vanessa’s life, sex with an older man? It would even be interesting to watch. I still don’t see any arguments in favor of leaving everything as it is, folding my paws and ending up living with an asshole who strokes his daughter’s hand while hitting on her mother. As for Vanessa, neither you nor I have a good picture of what kind of person this is and what his motives are. It's simply not in the text of the season, so naturally my assessment is based on its manipulation.

Separately, I will note that you instantly gave the label to Brenda, probably because her husband cheated on her and she acutely perceives reminders of this.
Is this assessment, like, better than Bella's assessment of Holgerson? Ok then.
The fact that he is her boyfriend's father and they share the same social circle that will definitely be affected by this news. The fact that this news will embarrass her in front of her and Mario's friends, her classmates, her father, her sister. These are the obvious consequences that immediately come to mind. But who cares that she slept with the father of her boyfriend, right? She should just cut off all her old contacts, move to a different city and start a new life. Anyway she will be fine. Easy-peasy.

I've already given you the argument. Amber is a mature, educated woman who is also a psychologist. She can handle this asshole who it's not even safe to say actually lusts after her. And we never saw him hitting on her.

I didn't gave Brenda any labels, Bella gave her labels. She said Brenda would be easy to manipulate, she said Brenda was innocent.

You are shifting focus from their perspective that I gave in the paragraph you quoted to our perspective. It doesn't matter what picture of Vanessa you created in your head at the end of the game, this was originally about how Nika and Bella see her before Nika meets her and why exactly he decided to abandon the plan with her. We can't judge the characters' actions by bringing in their defense information they didn't know or consider when they committed their act. Follow the internal game logic. By doing the opposite, you create a false picture of their motives and the reasoning they make up for themselves at a particular moment.
Why do I need another argument for myself?
This is something like a game of deep psychology, if I understand correctly. Then everything is much simpler - I don’t like arrogant people who pose an existential threat.

Let's assume the situation. You want to take some action, for example, climb the career ladder. Someone else is standing in your way, well, competition for a place. You know that your opponent is cheating and decide to set him up or simply tell management about exactly how he does it so that the place becomes yours.

But you have never seen this person before and here is your first meeting. On what basis might your opinion change (or, conversely, remain the same)?

I suspect you'll apply the same rules I apply to Vanessa. And you will absolutely not care about the shape of her ass or the presence/absence of heterochromia.

So my opinion is based on a couple of scenes at the end of the season and I didn't like it at all. In a short dialogue while changing clothes, she literally tries to get into the protagonist’s head, which would also cause antipathy in me.
I wouldn't apply the same rules to Vanessa simply because I (as Nika) don't know she's cheating. In the example also you (as a player) can't know she was cheating when you decided to set her up. You didn't play the game backwards, from chapter 5 to chapter 1.

Vanessa wasn't even cheating in the first place when Nika and Bella came up with their plan. She was probably sitting in Starbucks, drinking her cappuccino when some blonde approached her and offered to become her friend with malicious intentions. She didn't invite Bella, she didn't even care at all about her and Nika.

Your entire argument comes down to her being an arrogant manipulator with unknown intentions. Meanwhile, we have two arrogant manipulators with known, obvious evil intentions who see her as the same easy victim as Brenda (don't forget about their perspective).

So my opinion is based on the whole season and I didn't like them at all. (actually, no. I liked them!) During the whole game they literally use a woman who was innocent from their pov and tried to make her sleep with the guy. (I liked it too!) But of course she was even worse because she was trying to get into the mc's head (duh!).
In the context of the dialogues written by the author, Nika’s reluctance to continue what she had planned with Vanessa was dictated, in my opinion, by something else. Getting used to Bella's company.
But you can interpret this differently. Only in my opinion this is obvious.
Everything here is so simple that it’s strange to discuss it in a serious conversation. He simply has more screen time in the season (probably this has something to do with the fact that Nika is the protagonist).
Everything is indeed simple. All three of them are manipulators.
But this is interesting, by the way.
I can give you an example of an anti-hero driven by logic and skill, whose actions are reasonable and deliberate, whose goal is likely to be largely justified. The so-called "ambiguous" anti-heroes.
Good Philadelphian Clyde Shelton.
Remember who it is? I strongly doubt that you will be able to justify his actions from the point of view of law and logic (although it depends on whose), but hardly from the point of view of morality.
What's the point of your example? An antihero describes the general characterization of a character and their role in a story, not their personality. They don't necessarily have to be reasonable or emotional. They're all different. Antiheroes are not created to try to justify them.
As for Nika and Bella, they are classic 100% antiheroes.
The point is that I don't need to justify anyone. I can either understand and accept the action/character or I can’t. There is no additional subtext here, I don’t like those people who deliberately do crap knowing what it will lead to.
You sure don't. :Kappa:

Anyway...
You're talking about justice for Nika and Bella with absolutely no regard for the people who get screwed by them. You could have just said, "Fuck the Holgersons, fuck Brenda, fuck Vanessa. I just like Bella and I like Nika." Instead you're practicing some pointless mental gymnastics calling it "flexible morality". Even a flexible morality should have some rules attached to it, some order that applies to all characters. Including Bella and Nika. But all your flexibility is focused only on getteing their asses out of the hit.

O1duvai

Jan 5, 2022
I wonder which Holgerson Bella had in mind when she painted graffiti on the car, the car was rather Mario, but maybe she knew that Stefan would also see it. If it's Stefan, then we can speculate that maybe he paid underage girls to have sex with him and this way the trail may lead to Milla and her mother and this may be the reason why they accused Milla so quickly because they knew that she knew about Stefan's perversions and they think that graffiti was her work

Or maybe she just means that she has had to hear and see people having sex since she was a little girl
Or maybe it’s much simpler, they know that it was Bella.

Reactions: dameromeroxxx

xCalon

Mar 15, 2023
I don't know what the 'a' is, but considering she mentioned her mother being prositute, Mila's being pretty transparent. That means that whatever she was about to reveal is about her specifically, not about her mom or her mom's boyfriend/s and far more personal. I also think it's unlikely to be something negative. Context is that she's sharing personal things and even dreams, this whole 'getting to know you vibe' It's not 100% her getting things off her chest. Some of it has been sharing dreams, so why not something positive? (...)
Maybe we can exclude the possibility that Mila has a baby, if we accept her reply to Nami's question in CH4.5:

Nami: How does sex feel with and without a condom?
Mila: No idea. I never had it without one.

And seriously, if you had a baby, would you still stay "at home" with your prostitute, and alcoholist mother and violent father, and let them throw anything at you? I don't think so.

O1duvai

Jan 5, 2022
The fact that he is her boyfriend's father and they share the same social circle that will definitely be affected by this news. The fact that this news will embarrass her in front of her and Mario's friends, her classmates, her father, her sister. These are the obvious consequences that immediately come to mind. But who cares that she slept with the father of her boyfriend, right? She should just cut off all her old contacts, move to a different city and start a new life. Anyway she will be fine. Easy-peasy.

I've already given you the argument. Amber is a mature, educated woman who is also a psychologist. She can handle this asshole who it's not even safe to say actually lusts after her. And we never saw him hitting on her.

I didn't gave Brenda any labels, Bella gave her labels. She said Brenda would be easy to manipulate, she said Brenda was innocent.

You are shifting focus from their perspective that I gave in the paragraph you quoted to our perspective. It doesn't matter what picture of Vanessa you created in your head at the end of the game, this was originally about how Nika and Bella see her before Nika meets her and why exactly he decided to abandon the plan with her. We can't judge the characters' actions by bringing in their defense information they didn't know or consider when they committed their act. Follow the internal game logic. By doing the opposite, you create a false picture of their motives and the reasoning they make up for themselves at a particular moment.
You know why dialogue boxes with a choice of lines sometimes appear in such games? You know, right? Otherwise, it’s easier to make a mini-series than to mess with the engine and code.

It was you who labeled Brenda, clearly belittling her relative to Vanessa based on Bella's words about easy manipulation. Subsequence.

As for Amber, yes, you give an example that has no justification in the season. You don’t really know Holgerson or Amber herself (there aren’t enough sessions). That's why I mentioned several times that this is all speculation and speculation.

I wouldn't apply the same rules to Vanessa simply because I (as Nika) don't know she's cheating. In the example also you (as a player) can't know she was cheating when you decided to set her up. You didn't play the game backwards, from chapter 5 to chapter 1.

Vanessa wasn't even cheating in the first place when Nika and Bella came up with their plan. She was probably sitting in Starbucks, drinking her cappuccino when some blonde approached her and offered to become her friend with malicious intentions. She didn't invite Bella, she didn't even care at all about her and Nika.

Your entire argument comes down to her being an arrogant manipulator with unknown intentions. Meanwhile, we have two arrogant manipulators with known, obvious evil intentions who see her as the same easy victim as Brenda (don't forget about their perspective).
Why should I skip the game through reverse? Do you have a superpower for rewinding time? If we are talking about the player rethinking the plot, yes, this can be done. But only if half of the decisions do not lie with you, through those very dialog boxes.

Starbucks, coffee, some blonde. The only thing I understood is that you really want to write your own alternative novel. It very rarely happens that such liberated people do not change partners like gloves. A long conversation with Cheeto in the jacuzzi will help you. Plus a moment in the kitchen.
Yes, this is also an assumption (only more reasonable after reading a couple of textbooks on psychology and sexology) than yours.

What's the point of your example? An antihero describes the general characterization of a character and their role in a story, not their personality. They don't necessarily have to be reasonable or emotional. They're all different. Antiheroes are not created to try to justify them.
As for Nika and Bella, they are classic 100% antiheroes.

Anyway...
You're talking about justice for Nika and Bella with absolutely no regard for the people who get screwed by them. You could have just said, "Fuck the Holgersons, fuck Brenda, fuck Vanessa. I just like Bella and I like Nika." Instead you're practicing some pointless mental gymnastics calling it "flexible morality". Even a flexible morality should have some rules attached to it, some order that applies to all characters. Including Bella and Nika. But all your flexibility is focused only on getteing their asses out of the hit.
Who said anything about excuses? Why is it so flat?
Anti-heroes don't need to be justified unless they are written as dumb as a plug villains. A complex and ambiguous psychotype, especially one that evolves over time, is created so that you would think about it, and not dress in white and run to justify it.

Here, again, everything is much simpler, you won’t even need to add half of the personality from your head when the author himself didn’t even have time to do this. I will think about justice for Holgerson and Vanessa when the season about them and their “suffering” comes out.
(By the way, I didn’t even try to hide my sympathy for certain characters based solely on my personal preferences. Just like in the example I gave. This also works in both directions, the main thing is not to start adding the personalities of such characters ahead of the author)

Well, “flexible morality” implies that I must know the character, personality and motivation of those in question. Sorry, but based on the characters you added, Holgerson and Vanessa, I’m not ready to make any discounts.

You sure don't. :Kappa:
Let me emphasize: consciously, and not through the prism of a reverse, repeated passage.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Maviarab
4.30 star(s) 505 Votes