BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Maybe it's actually the same few people setting up more accounts just to piss people off?

Is there really that many people that can't read at least the last page?

Handholding. SMH. Some people are just sickos!
Or, Steam actually has worked and newbie steam players want all the goss because there will be a new season is the next 10 seconds right? Right???? Riiiiiiiiiiiigggghhht.... :coffee::whistle:

You draw conclusions about the personalities of the characters based on replaying and looking at them from the end to the beginning. Which, as it were, is not entirely correct.
There's some really valid points mixed with some inconsistencies here. I agree 100% that during a playthrough, one shouldn't assume the characters know things in Ch1 that they find out in Ch4.

You're adding aspects to Vanessa's personality that weren't covered in the season (that she's an innocent bird who didn't hurt anyone and doesn't deserve to be a pawn). Moreover, her line is not over yet and the “plan” was interrupted mid-word between “cancel/doubt/change.”
So which is it? Nika knows nothing of Vanessa other than what Bella tells him. This is the whole concept you've portrayed. Yes, Vanessa is innocent, and they maliciously decide to use her to satisfy their own goals. That is what we know, in a linear fashion. It is the same as what Nika knows of Brenda, or Stefan. It's all based on what Bella has told him, as he hasn't observed them nearly enough to make an opinion of anything.

Regardless of innocence, it is illegal to act as a vigilante. But Bella and Nika can't even claim to be vigilantes. They're doing things to right perceived slights, there is no criminal activity they are 'punishing'. Nika and Bella are purely off the rails. That is what we see from the start.

The narrative is sympathetic to Nika and Bella, so we focus on their building romance rather than question their motives. It is never acceptable to act as a vigilante in society - the term itself implies going outside the social contract of the culture you are in, circumventing the rules of normality. But again, they are not vigilantes, just immature and criminally minded.

Getting back to Vanessa/Brenda/Holgersons: It doesn't matter whether they are innocent or not. Someone at college age should know better than to do any of this. When was the last time you bought a data slurping USB stick from a black market dude, just in case? At that point, Bella and Nika were just observing, and Bella just 'happened to have an illegal device for breaching privacy.

With her boyfriend playing ball with her daughter?
Where is it said Stefan is Amber's boyfriend? He is her neighbour who wants to be more, (but that is according to Bella, we don't know). Have I missed something? The whole storyline that follows is because Bella hates the idea that he wants to chase Amber. It could well be that Amber plans on setting up Stefan with Stephanie (remember the phone call where Amber said she has someone in mind for Stephanie?)

This is if you ignore the character’s repeatedly mentioned lack of character, ignoring which you still conclude that it’s not worth ruining his life. Out of common decency, probably. And again, ignoring the fact that the story comes from the perspective of a teenager who didn’t care about adult rules of good manners and lived without any idea what a full-fledged “family” is.
Nika is not the worst individual as far as upbringing goes. Yes, very dysfunctional, but Noji is a good parent figure, and they have quite a close family bond so far. Nika remembers things like good first aid. I highly doubt Noji didn't install some good morals in 15 years of his life. I can believe Amber has let Bella drift without consequences, but Noji has actually tried to instill a moral code. We can see that in her interactions. Whether she was effective or not, well, no parent can ever be sure they've done enough.

Although Nika doesn't know what a full fledged family is, these days, who does? Some of the more functional people I know have only a single parent, some of the most dysfunctional were raised with two parents in a religious upbringing. The question is not the appearance, but the quality of the care. We can see that Noji does care about their upbringing, and Nika does feel lot of gratitude to her sacrifices.

All this aside, Nika and Bella have no excuses for their actions. They are adults, if they get charged, they will be judged and get convicted as adults. We know their motives are questionable, while we know nothing of Stefan/Brenda/Vanessa's motives at the time Nika and Bella started their illegal schemes. Common rules of decency are expected for people who are of adult age, or they risk punishment equal to their age bracket. It is NOT normal to scheme and plot to ruin a whole family over a few verbal insults. Far easier for an immature Bella to throw tantrums over going to the Gala, and to actively denigrate Stefan and Mario in front of Amber. Socially awkward, but a non criminal approach. Nika has nothing other than his anti social aspect, that he repeatedly mentiones he's trying to tame.

The only reason I see for the current plot is that Ocean wishes us to see how broken Nika and Bella are. Hopefully as the start seeing how their scheme will affect them close to home (certainly in Nika's case) they will start to mature. Whether or not there will be consequences will depend on how thorough Ocean decides the setup needs to be, and what direction he takes it.

Last point, which is more a finger pointing at myself: Ocean isn't necessarily basing this story on standard social frameworks. There is an element of fantasy in that he's not trying to write an ironclad legal document with no inconsistencies. He's trying to create a feel and a mood, so in that sense, everyone's off the hook, because Ocean has his own purposes for them to play out. I just hope he chooses the harder path of the consequences, as Nika mentions actions having consequences multiple times (despite acting mostly as they don't before Ch4). Actually, Nika swings between mature and asshole so much, it's hard to see if he's the one that promises Vi, or that steals without concern. Tries to be a better person, then looks at the figurines in th book club as though they're his next theft.

White cat6

Jan 21, 2024
Thanks for the refresher game has been altered so much I can't remember. Do they ever explain what happened to Bellas sister was it natural (her body) or unatural (caused by someone). If it was unnatural wouldn't it be a twist that Nika might have been unknowingly responsible (violent incident) for her condition. That would really alter the Bella and Amber situation love and care about the one responsible for their sister and daughters condition.
I don’t know if you noticed, but no one, neither Amber nor Ayua, nor Mila, nor Bella herself called the second girl by name. And secondly. It is implied that Bella and her sister are twins, but in Mila's memories, Bella's sister is absent, which is unusual for twins.

O1duvai

Jan 5, 2022
So which is it? Nika knows nothing of Vanessa other than what Bella tells him. This is the whole concept you've portrayed. Yes, Vanessa is innocent, and they maliciously decide to use her to satisfy their own goals. That is what we know, in a linear fashion. It is the same as what Nika knows of Brenda, or Stefan. It's all based on what Bella has told him, as he hasn't observed them nearly enough to make an opinion of anything.

Regardless of innocence, it is illegal to act as a vigilante. But Bella and Nika can't even claim to be vigilantes. They're doing things to right perceived slights, there is no criminal activity they are 'punishing'. Nika and Bella are purely off the rails. That is what we see from the start.

The narrative is sympathetic to Nika and Bella, so we focus on their building romance rather than question their motives. It is never acceptable to act as a vigilante in society - the term itself implies going outside the social contract of the culture you are in, circumventing the rules of normality. But again, they are not vigilantes, just immature and criminally minded.

Getting back to Vanessa/Brenda/Holgersons: It doesn't matter whether they are innocent or not. Someone at college age should know better than to do any of this. When was the last time you bought a data slurping USB stick from a black market dude, just in case? At that point, Bella and Nika were just observing, and Bella just 'happened to have an illegal device for breaching privacy.
It’s worth making a reservation here. Most likely, I myself somehow missed a place where I needed to focus on this. I'm not a fan of Nika, I don't even have the desire to take his side. Along the way of the first season, he does a lot of shit (besides breaking into the house) that does him no credit, while smiling in his eyes (as best he can). At the same time, we must pay tribute, a gray character with trauma from the past, closed, ready to put himself outside the brackets of society, can make the world a better place and it’s difficult to consider him completely bad.

Who else but he can hit you in the head with a tennis ball? Not just because he is a sharp shooter, but because in this situation it is necessary and simple chatter simply will not help.

The plan is crap, no doubt. But it very much synergizes with the age of the characters. And what teenager doesn't like spy stuff?

Going beyond social boundaries is too complex a topic and I’m not sure that I won’t screw it up somewhere. These frameworks themselves are not always fair, nor are the laws, nor are those who “defend” these laws. Again, let's just add details from our heads to test ourselves. Let's say the person who is the target of their plan is a drug lord, against whom the penitentiary system has nothing. And a couple of teenagers simply don’t want him to become part of their family. We won’t specify the risks, that’s not why. The question is: will your/our understanding of the limits of what is permitted change?
For me personally, the very ability to push oneself beyond the boundaries commands respect. What they do and why they do not. Until the screenwriter completes the goal of some other bad features that will balance the scales.
Well, or they won’t be given educational consequences, which will also bring the characters closer together.

Where is it said Stefan is Amber's boyfriend? He is her neighbour who wants to be more, (but that is according to Bella, we don't know). Have I missed something? The whole storyline that follows is because Bella hates the idea that he wants to chase Amber. It could well be that Amber plans on setting up Stefan with Stephanie (remember the phone call where Amber said she has someone in mind for Stephanie?)
Potential. Let's assume that I used the wrong word.
In any case, this is precisely the fact that there is not a single argument in favor of Holgerson until the author completes his biography.
I remember the call. Perhaps this is the nail that will finally break their plan.

Last point, which is more a finger pointing at myself: Ocean isn't necessarily basing this story on standard social frameworks. There is an element of fantasy in that he's not trying to write an ironclad legal document with no inconsistencies. He's trying to create a feel and a mood, so in that sense, everyone's off the hook, because Ocean has his own purposes for them to play out. I just hope he chooses the harder path of the consequences, as Nika mentions actions having consequences multiple times (despite acting mostly as they don't before Ch4). Actually, Nika swings between mature and asshole so much, it's hard to see if he's the one that promises Vi, or that steals without concern. Tries to be a better person, then looks at the figurines in th book club as though they're his next theft.
Well, I absolutely agree with this. Speaking of spy stuff, how easily it gets into the hands of just anyone, multiple cars owned by teenagers, and the like. I don’t know how rich people live, but this really doesn’t look like a story based on real events. Therefore, I agree to pass through the prism of the real world individual actions, but not the whole story as a whole.

Last edited:

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
I don’t know if you noticed, but no one, neither Amber nor Ayua, nor Mila, nor Bella herself called the second girl by name. And secondly. It is implied that Bella and her sister are twins, but in Mila's memories, Bella's sister is absent, which is unusual for twins.
Good point if my sisters getting bullied ass would be handed. But she's not there. Damn didn't even think that. Hats off to you

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Well, just another couple of plotholes.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
u mean wvm?
We do not name other games here, you know, forum rules and whatnot. But I can't say that your guess is wrong.

I'm messing with you a little bit, man. :KEK:
And no, according to the dev, this game is not a harem and never will be. It's a very slow burn story-focused game and doesn't even have a sex scene right now, although lewds are planned for the next season.

Reactions: vampires69'in

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
It’s worth making a reservation here. Most likely, I myself somehow missed a place where I needed to focus on this. I'm not a fan of Nika, I don't even have the desire to take his side. Along the way of the first season, he does a lot of shit (besides breaking into the house) that does him no credit, while smiling in his eyes (as best he can). At the same time, we must pay tribute, a gray character with trauma from the past, closed, ready to put himself outside the brackets of society, can make the world a better place and it’s difficult to consider him completely bad.

Who else but he can hit you in the head with a tennis ball? Not just because he is a sharp shooter, but because in this situation it is necessary and simple chatter simply will not help.

The plan is crap, no doubt. But it very much synergizes with the age of the characters. And what teenager doesn't like spy stuff?

Going beyond social boundaries is too complex a topic and I’m not sure that I won’t screw it up somewhere. These frameworks themselves are not always fair, nor are the laws, nor are those who “defend” these laws. Again, let's just add details from our heads to test ourselves. Let's say the person who is the target of their plan is a drug lord, against whom the penitentiary system has nothing. And a couple of teenagers simply don’t want him to become part of their family. We won’t specify the risks, that’s not why. The question is: will your/our understanding of the limits of what is permitted change?
For me personally, the very ability to push oneself beyond the boundaries commands respect. What they do and why they do not. Until the screenwriter completes the goal of some other bad features that will balance the scales.
Well, or they won’t be given educational consequences, which will also bring the characters closer together.

Potential. Let's assume that I used the wrong word.
In any case, this is precisely the fact that there is not a single argument in favor of Holgerson until the author completes his biography.
I remember the call. Perhaps this is the nail that will finally break their plan.

Well, I absolutely agree with this. Speaking of spy stuff, how easily it gets into the hands of just anyone, multiple cars owned by teenagers, and the like. I don’t know how rich people live, but this really doesn’t look like a story based on real events. Therefore, I agree to pass through the prism of the real world individual actions, but not the whole story as a whole.
Don't worry, I tend to miss things too, and finding the time to write comprehensively... I'll just hope people can follow if they find the topic interesting these days, typos and all.

I think Nika's past gives him some level of grace, as does Bellas, but if they have to plead mental health as a mitigating circumstance ina trial, it's still criminal. I personally understand how he finds it hard to stay within the lines, simply because all the lines in his world shattered, and he is trying to restore the framework for the first time. Part of it could be pushing himself too hard in an overstimulating experience, and over-engaging after years of mental isolation.

Regarding your example, the disapproval of say a drug lord, the first step would be to find the evidence from legal sources that can be verified. By becoming a criminal, there is no reason to reject another criminal in the family based on distaste of criminality, as you've become a mirror. The sensible way is much easier, costs less, and can be done without any external help. Kick up a good solid argument. If there's no proof that's easy to find and it's just gut instinct, we have to wonder why our gut is telling us someone is reprehensible.

However we do know Stefan is still married. So if he's chasing Amber, he's planning on having a mistress, which does give Bella a good reason for distaste. The word of someone who cheats when they swore oaths/marriage vows is worthless.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Stefan hasn't revealed himself as evil incarnate, but even if he does, the law is clear. Becoming a vigilante is a risk most people sensibly won't take. Normal people assume innocence when they lack proof, even if suspicion makes them cautious.

On the flipside, Stefan has shown that he'll press charges agaisnt someone with no proof, and if he is chasing Amber, he's dishonourable to his wife.

And yes, there is a level by which we have to suspend disbelief. The book club takes place in a regal mansion where milfs arm wrestle over wine? I'd expect a far more seriosu book then, maybe some Umberto Eco?And why arm wrestle when the hired help can just bring up another cart load of wine from the cellar? :sneaky:

so this not harem game?
No, Ocean dislikes harems. There are plans for throuple paths, but Ocean claims they will likely combust if you don't manage your time well between the other two in your throuple - jealousy will cause those paths to fail.

To be fair, who is responsible for keeping the tags updated now that there is only "deleted member" who really knows? And where's the domination at?

O1duvai

Jan 5, 2022
Don't worry, I tend to miss things too, and finding the time to write comprehensively... I'll just hope people can follow if they find the topic interesting these days, typos and all.

I think Nika's past gives him some level of grace, as does Bellas, but if they have to plead mental health as a mitigating circumstance ina trial, it's still criminal. I personally understand how he finds it hard to stay within the lines, simply because all the lines in his world shattered, and he is trying to restore the framework for the first time. Part of it could be pushing himself too hard in an overstimulating experience, and over-engaging after years of mental isolation.

Regarding your example, the disapproval of say a drug lord, the first step would be to find the evidence from legal sources that can be verified. By becoming a criminal, there is no reason to reject another criminal in the family based on distaste of criminality, as you've become a mirror. The sensible way is much easier, costs less, and can be done without any external help. Kick up a good solid argument. If there's no proof that's easy to find and it's just gut instinct, we have to wonder why our gut is telling us someone is reprehensible.
Principle of proportionality. A painted car is not a drug dealer.
Of course, I don’t like the money part either, it’s about a plan to break up a family and break into a house.
This is the only argument from the category of opinion.

By the way, there is one point about which I forgot. Before the night ride, he says that “he has nothing to lose.” Obviously not taking Nojiko and Cheeto's feelings into account. My thoughts on this matter: if you are sure that a person is a shit and is worth the consequences that will follow any action towards him, then why not. The main thing here is to realize that at this particular moment you are doing something illegal and will pay a fine (I doubt that they will be jailed for graffiti on a car).
And this is what he doesn’t understand. Probably due to the fact that he spent most of his conscious life in a sealed jar.

However we do know Stefan is still married. So if he's chasing Amber, he's planning on having a mistress, which does give Bella a good reason for distaste. The word of someone who cheats when they swore oaths/marriage vows is worthless.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Stefan hasn't revealed himself as evil incarnate, but even if he does, the law is clear. Becoming a vigilante is a risk most people sensibly won't take. Normal people assume innocence when they lack proof, even if suspicion makes them cautious.

On the flipside, Stefan has shown that he'll press charges agaisnt someone with no proof, and if he is chasing Amber, he's dishonourable to his wife.
Well, here the convention is obvious. The main characters of anything are not ordinary and law-abiding to the last comma.

We know for sure about Stefan that he is a lousy husband and a womanizer, whose eyes run in all directions at once. He deserves the dirty trick to the same extent as Nika deserves a visit to the police station and some kind of commensurate fine (as far as we know, they did not inherit and it is hardly possible to prove anything).

Again, my opinion is that such an act with such initial conditions does not make him a canonical criminal. If he had simply robbed the house because he could and that had been the goal in the first place, I would have had no questions or doubts.

Reactions: N1ghtcrawler

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
ok tyy i will skip this to save space of hdd for other game
Come on man - 11 GB of phantastic girls with several possible relationships and an amazing story isn´t worth for your HDD?

Anyway if you only looking for harem you´re indeed on the wrong side here, you better look at BareWitness (so far you already don´t know).

4.30 star(s) 505 Votes