Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022

Sorry for the Log being a day late, but I really wanted to show some specific Bellchen previews and had to wait for the queue to finish.

Regarding the person I was learning Blender with (My friend's real-life GF), that's off the table.

For the eighth time in almost a year, she asked me, "How long it's probably going to take?" I told her for the eighth time that quality is priority number 1 and that it might take her years to learn how to model exceptional environments and assets; I had a serious talk with her about whether that's really what she wants to do.

It's a sacrifice.

After a few days, she said the time investment would not be worth it, and we parted ways.

That's what I meant when I said she doesn't share the same passion. She was primarily concerned about potential earnings, not the craft behind it.

And with that mindset, you'll never reach exceptional quality.

It doesn't change anything. Learning specific parts of Blender together was mostly just an interesting idea, but it was never really needed. It started as a favor as she fled Russia and didn't know what to do now. (She had a background in game design.) but it felt like I was talking to a wall.

There are tons of Blender modeling guys out there, and when the time comes, the quality will reach new levels.

Even tho this reads as bad news, it's not. It's great. I hated managing her and trying to get her to do stuff. (Ffs girl, finish the damn course I bought you before you complain about how much time you supposedly invest.)

So I'm happy that this is history.

More great news.
Late Kids will renew the licenses for Season 2. They will also send me some new, unreleased tracks to listen to, and if I like a song, I'll license it, too.

They also mentioned and thanked you guys for all the great comments you left under their music. I checked the comments afterward, and they were really sweet. Thanks guys! <3

More languages for Season 1:
Soon, S1 will get a German & Spanish translation.

Afterward, a French, Russian, and Portuguese translation will follow.

Season 2
I finally finished the still images for the Cheetos intro scene. There are only a few animations left.

I guess I'm closing in on the 50% mark. Keep in mind that the development only really started in late May.

Before that, 99% of the resources were focused on the 2.2k new renders for Season 1 - Chapter 2.

Now I'm back to the college scenes. I always need to take a breather after creating them, as they are by far the most challenging scenes to do.

There are so many people at all times, but at least I get to work with many different main girls.

Previews (4K attached.)
There haven't been any real Bellchen previews, except the one with her little tongue out.

So... Today we've got some Bellchen.

Checking for any signs of life.

Doctor Games

Me and my tax office just finished the taxes for 2022, which were delayed due to my old, shitty tax office.

I was surprised by the invoice they sent me, but hey, at least I can deduct it as a business expense, right? (Hide the pain.)

What I want to say is that I'm almost done with all the bureaucracy and chaos caused by my old tax office, and this will free up a lot of my mind and time.

This means there will be some new treats soon. I will also continue the "Who wore it better" Treats.

SG has never had one before, but it's two girls wearing the same outfit, and you can vote on who wore it better.

The winner gets a few extra images with the outfit.

I'll do one for the next Dev Log.

I'll see you in two weeks.

Ocean
I don't know how, but Ocean's girlfriend is more logical and reasonable than he is. :HideThePain:

Reactions: vampires69'in

dameromexxx

Jun 24, 2024
That is, there is a good chance that in the next chapter we will meet Bella’s sister and learn more about their story.
I still think that it's definitely too early, it will be a long time before she trusts him enough to do that, for now it's just crush very strong but still only a crush. Nika will have to save her ass from a very difficult situation to make her start trusting him so much

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Ocean's greed knows no bounds. He defaced the game and cut out many of the nudity scenes to make more money. It's not funny, it's sad.:cry:
This is the shit that fries my noodle. Ocean openly chastizes his friend's gf in the devlog for having different priorities than him. For seeking profitability over quality when he is the one who butchered his own VN trying to bend over backwards to publishing platforms and music license holders.

Am I the only one losing my mind at the hipocrisy of those statements?!?!?!? Dude literally went and chased profit and exposure over the quality and integrity of his work.

Dr.TSoni

May 20, 2022
This is the shit that fries my noodle. Ocean openly chastizes his friend's gf in the devlog for having different priorities than him. For seeking profitability over quality when he is the one who butchered his own VN trying to bend over backwards to publishing platforms and music license holders.

Am I the only one losing my mind at the hipocrisy of those statements?!?!?!? Dude literally went and chased profit and exposure over the quality and integrity of his work.
Sometimes the only thing to do is enjoy the entertainment
tenor.gif

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
PaxHadrian17
if I was looking for a job and heard the employer saying

I leave immediately without saying a word, those who have already been to several interviews understand what I'm talking about.
And some are judging Ocean/the friend's gf without being party to:

* Any of the conversations that Ocean had with the friend or the gf

* Without any knowledge of how good a friend this is (many of us have been thru the - hey can you help me out -- good/great friend -- and give my xxx a job ... I know I've been there. Depending on how much you value the friendship, you try to find a way to help while not sabotaging yourself - which, in Ocean's words - he did not sabotage SG by trying to help).

* Without any knowledge of how 'good' a 'game designer' she was supposed to be/how hyped her level of experience was

* Without any knowledge of the gf's actual desires and language skills - how well did she speak German or English for example

There are So many things we don't know and all we have is a short blurb from Ocean saying, in effect, the friend's gf he tried to get to help with Blender did not work out and he has moved on.

It's not like he doxed her or the friend - he shared some frustration about trying to help someone when it did not work out - because RL happens, and Ocean gave us more details than most devs share.

IMO - Ocean has better things to do, like rendering images and animations for SG S2, versus word-smithing a dev log to best represent himself on F95.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
Ah, my dear Ocean. I dunno if they're reading this, but in case you are I'll give you and advice you didn't ask for: Don't make the mistake of oversharing. It's always cool to not let your supporters in the dark, but there's a fine line between keeping them informed and maybe sharing information that not only wasn't necessary, but might feel a tad disappointing cause it feels a bit like smearing.

And cheers to everyone, glad to see everyone's alive, kicking and still engaging in interesting arguments :KEK:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
It probably doesn't happen BUT:
- it's open season for every person in Bella's circle (including her mother) except the only Zane in the school
- Katie seems more interested in meeting Nika and Nami than anything else in the Book Club (and she's the only one other than Noji who isn't thirsty)
View attachment 3866850
Seeing Ayua's getting sexy showing off her areolas in recent renders, we know nothing about where limits might or might not be. We've got one confirmation for WiaB, absolutely nothing for Nika other than theories. If anyone's getting lewded up to grab his eye though, I'd suspect Ocean has plans.

vampires69'in

Mar 3, 2019
Seeing Ayua's getting sexy showing off her areolas in recent renders, we know nothing about where limits might or might not be. We've got one confirmation for WiaB, absolutely nothing for Nika other than theories. If anyone's getting lewded up to grab his eye though, I'd suspect Ocean has plans.
From removing nipple slippage...to adding new scenes of nipple slippage? wtf lol. It better not be an excuse to do a season 2 remaster :ROFLMAO:

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
I would love for Ayua to be lewdable if not a full fledged LI, but showing aureolas is not a strong indicative that Ocean changed his mind, just look at Nojiko provocative renders, Ocean likes to tease. Ayua, Noji, Maja he shows just enough to give you hope, but never delivers. About theories regarding Nika, while I adimit that is only theory, as of right now I don't nothing as interesting as him being Williams son and it explain some older statement by Ocean, about Ayua "spencial case".

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
From removing nipple slippage...to adding new scenes of nipple slippage? wtf lol. It better not be an excuse to do a season 2 remaster :ROFLMAO:
Except, he's shown more than nip slips already, I'm really not worried by the lewd vs non lewd render quotient. I'm mainly looking forward to discovering more about the various LI's. If most of the LI's have decent screen time in S2Ch1, people can finally make choices. Right now, someone chooses Sonya or Elsa purely on hope of future content, because the interactions are so minimal. I'd be happy to find out more about mysterious Sasha redhead friend and bus/pizza goth girl.

I would love for Ayua to be lewdable if not a full fledged LI, but showing aureolas is not a strong indicative that Ocean changed his mind, just look at Nojiko provocative renders, Ocean likes to tease. Ayua, Noji, Maja he shows just enough to give you hope, but never delivers. About theories regarding Nika, while I adimit that is only theory, as of right now I don't nothing as interesting as him being Williams son and it explain some older statement by Ocean, about Ayua "spencial case".
Yeah, except Ayua keeps staring at Nika's groin, asks for disk picks etc. AT very least we'll get something deliciously awkward. Her areolas reminds me of Marla pulling down her top when rescuing Nika, and the others calling her cringe for doing it. I doubt Ayua would ppurposefully be advertising to everyone and anyone. Ocean also said there is Maj content incoming in one of the dev logs. Might be her only lewd scene, or Ocean might have had compassion on us Maja lovers.

Ayua's special case might be because of plans he has for the games after SG. He might be setting up a canon for her, because she's important in a subsequent game. Ocean likes to have characters already in place, it's why there are so many gorgeous background girls - whenever he needs a character, he can just promote one from the background that has already been in scenes so it looks like they've always been there. Maybe it's intentional, maybe not, but it certainly works.

vampires69'in

Mar 3, 2019
Except, he's shown more than nip slips already, I'm really not worried by the lewd vs non lewd render quotient. I'm mainly looking forward to discovering more about the various LI's. If most of the LI's have decent screen time in S2Ch1, people can finally make choices. Right now, someone chooses Sonya or Elsa purely on hope of future content, because the interactions are so minimal. I'd be happy to find out more about mysterious Sasha redhead friend and bus/pizza goth girl.

Yeah, except Ayua keeps staring at Nika's groin, asks for disk picks etc. AT very least we'll get something deliciously awkward. Her areolas reminds me of Marla pulling down her top when rescuing Nika, and the others calling her cringe for doing it. I doubt Ayua would ppurposefully be advertising to everyone and anyone. Ocean also said there is Maj content incoming in one of the dev logs. Might be her only lewd scene, or Ocean might have had compassion on us Maja lovers.

Ayua's special case might be because of plans he has for the games after SG. He might be setting up a canon for her, because she's important in a subsequent game. Ocean likes to have characters already in place, it's why there are so many gorgeous background girls - whenever he needs a character, he can just promote one from the background that has already been in scenes so it looks like they've always been there. Maybe it's intentional, maybe not, but it certainly works.
I agree. As much as I loved the main Li's in season 1. Other than Bella, due to lack of content.. they barely even felt like side pieces, lol. It was Bella feat the 2 other blondes and the "roommate" Ginjer lol.

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024

Ayua should start the sexting with Nika.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
All jokes aside. I really do want more Ayua, Maja, Sasha, Nia ,Sonya etc content. Also my reaction limit has been reached ;/ lol
Well, we have previews of Ayua and Sonya fighting, Ayua wanting a sweet emo boy shoulder to sleep on, Nia being a cool sk8r chick, and a promise of Maja. Also, if Ocean says 50% of renders done without anything serious done before May (doubt) that would imply all renders done by the end of Oct (87 days to the half way point).

vampires69'in

Mar 3, 2019
Well, we have previews of Ayua and Sonya fighting, Ayua wanting a sweet emo boy shoulder to sleep on, Nia being a cool sk8r chick, and a promise of Maja. Also, if Ocean says 50% of renders done without anything serious done before May (doubt) that would imply all renders done by the end of Oct (87 days to the half way point).
that sounds pretty cool.

Reactions: rudy007

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019

I know we had suggestions with Ayua, I just don't think it will come to be, not that I don't want to. just better be pleasant surprised than disappointed. Now, why old she wold not do that ? she is young, beautiful, maybe she just waked up felling frisky. Is not like the Zanes are the conservative type, if anything they are the most sex positive people in the town. Maja is lewdable, no ?
I know she is not LI, but was under the impression that she was lewdable.

Now, Ayua special case may be for a hundred different reasons. Is not really something that is possible to discuss, I just offered my 2 cent on the matter. I do like it about his games, the world really feels alive and lived in.

Reactions: rudy007
4.30 star(s) 507 Votes