BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Okay lets see who is closer to being right...
Well, I never said when I expected it. But considering Ocean is already over halfway through the renders for Ch1, and he's saying he only seriously got into the renders around May, he's already done over 2500 renders on SG and probably 1200 on WiaB It's entirely possible that he'll get all the static renders done by Christmas, and then deal with the post and extra animations.

So your bet is Jan 2025 - Dec 2026? That's incredibly non specific. My guess is it's unlikely before Christmas, but will likely be in the first quarter of next year.

If I'm right, you also win, if you're worst case is right, we both lose.

We might also both be right.

JJohns2049

Jul 28, 2024
Well, I never said when I expected it. But considering Ocean is already over halfway through the renders for Ch1, and he's saying he only seriously got into the renders around May, he's already done over 2500 renders on SG and probably 1200 on WiaB It's entirely possible that he'll get all the static renders done by Christmas, and then deal with the post and extra animations.

So your bet is Jan 2025 - Dec 2026? That's incredibly non specific. My guess is it's unlikely before Christmas, but will likely be in the first quarter of next year.

If I'm right, you also win, if you're worst case is right, we both lose.

We might also both be right.
I hope so, I haven't seen a real update to the story for like a year now. I know there was an update, but it didn't fell like a continuation of the story, like adding a party with a whole lot of older people nobody cared about.

But when ever there is a new update, I probably replay the game from the start, because I slowly start to forget the storyline...

Last edited:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I hope so, I haven't seen a real update to the story for like a year now. I know there was an update, but it didn't fell like a continuation of the story, like adding a part with a whole lot of older people nobody cared about.

But when ever there is a new update, I probably replay the game from the start, because I slowly start to forget the storyline...
I'm personally hoping we'll get Wiab next, as it's got some fundamental stroy changes that'll tell us a lot about where SG is going. I don't think Ocean's going to try to repeat what he did last year in getting both releases done at the same time (then getting stalled by steam, almost endless rethinking). Because WiaB is intended as 18+ from the outset, steam should be much quicker, as Ocean's not trying to slip anything by them. Then OCean can focus on a solid SG release that reflects the changes he's made to the whole Wollust universe in WiaB, without needing to go back and adjust things.

At least I hope he thinks like that, purely on a pragmatic level.

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
I'm personally hoping we'll get Wiab next, as it's got some fundamental stroy changes that'll tell us a lot about where SG is going. I don't think Ocean's going to try to repeat what he did last year in getting both releases done at the same time (then getting stalled by steam, almost endless rethinking). Because WiaB is intended as 18+ from the outset, steam should be much quicker, as Ocean's not trying to slip anything by them. Then OCean can focus on a solid SG release that reflects the changes he's made to the whole Wollust universe in WiaB, without needing to go back and adjust things.

At least I hope he thinks like that, purely on a pragmatic level.
Just out of curiosity, what do you think that WiaB chapter 4 can change in SG ? even Ocean bombshell did not change all that much, the stories are connected but so far so little that I can't see how a change in one can affect the other.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Just out of curiosity, what do you think that WiaB chapter 4 can change in SG ? even Ocean bombshell did not change all that much, the stories are connected but so far so little that I can't see how a change in one can affect the other.
It might change who is available as a LI for example. It hasn't affected that much because we haven't got either SG S2Ch1 or WiaB Ch4 yet. It'll also let us know if William and Leia are still going under the Zane name. If they were to have another surname, such as Cyrus (completely hypothetically) that would change things too. Until we know how Ocean is retconning the relationships in Wiab, it's hard to know how all the power structures in ZPR will be handled, and how everything fits together. What if William and Leia have nothing to do with ZPR, and Helen is the one on the board with Elena and Donna (assuming that those two are the reps for their familis)? There's all kinds of follow through effects that change how we percieve what's going on.

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
It might change who is available as a LI for example. It hasn't affected that much because we haven't got either SG S2Ch1 or WiaB Ch4 yet. It'll also let us know if William and Leia are still going under the Zane name. If they were to have another surname, such as Cyrus (completely hypothetically) that would change things too. Until we know how Ocean is retconning the relationships in Wiab, it's hard to know how all the power structures in ZPR will be handled, and how everything fits together. What if William and Leia have nothing to do with ZPR, and Helen is the one on the board with Elena and Donna (assuming that those two are the reps for their familis)? There's all kinds of follow through effects that change how we percieve what's going on.
I get you now. Still do we really think that Ocean will change that much ? Not saying that it is impossible, you make really good points, I just don't know, don't seems the wisest of movements. Also will ch 1 advance the plot to the point that ch 4 can really change anything ? maybe for WiaB going by the last DevLog but SG... the plot still has to start.

Maybe I am running on copium, but I would wager that he would like to make the least impact on the story. I don't know if it will be a turning tables moment or just a reframing of the picture, but making crazy turns now really leaves a bad taste on my mounth. Still you make good points, we have to wait and see.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I get you now. Still do we really think that Ocean will change that much ? Not saying that it is impossible, you make really good points, I just don't know, don't seems the wisest of movements. Also will ch 1 advance the plot to the point that ch 4 can really change anything ? maybe for WiaB going by the last DevLog but SG... the plot still has to start.

Maybe I am running on copium, but I would wager that he would like to make the least impact on the story. I don't know if it will be a turning tables moment or just a reframing of the picture, but making crazy turns now really leaves a bad taste on my mounth. Still you make good points, we have to wait and see.
I think it will effectively be edits to the scripts, and mostly things in S2Ch1, which he's developing now. But, my experience is Ocean tends to overlook continuity errors (to be fair, it will be a massive task) when rushing to get something out, so I'd rather he makes certain of WiaB's script (whic will be smaller) before forgetting to correct Ayua's dialogue. I'm thinking most things that it'll affect are our perception, but it could be now that Katie is in the game and we see more of Ayua's family that it'll be very important to have the continuity sorted out, otherwise players will get confused.

Reactions: vireker

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
I think it will effectively be edits to the scripts, and mostly things in S2Ch1, which he's developing now. But, my experience is Ocean tends to overlook continuity errors (to be fair, it will be a massive task) when rushing to get something out, so I'd rather he makes certain of WiaB's script (whic will be smaller) before forgetting to correct Ayua's dialogue. I'm thinking most things that it'll affect are our perception, but it could be now that Katie is in the game and we see more of Ayua's family that it'll be very important to have the continuity sorted out, otherwise players will get confused.
Adjusting the script are inevitable, but William not being a Zane ? that would require more than just changing some lines to accomodate the new paradigm, cut SG LIs ? granted there are like 20 and only 5 has been flashed out, still is not really a good look.

Ocean does has a problem with continuity, no surprise give the game has 5 different versions, and I agree he will need to be more clear now. I am just hoping that the changes are as minor as possible.

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
For me Ayua is William's daughter, since she calls Kate aunt, the only Zane would be Dylan...
Not everything is as simple as it seems at first glance. It is logical to assume that since Ayua is Asian - it means she is the daughter of William and Miru. But there is a big problem, Ayua has the last name Zane, and her supposed parents do not. But there is a way around this problem, William pushes Miru to an open relationship. If Miru agreed to have sex with Dylan and they had a daughter who was named Ayua, only then can she get the last name Zane.

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
Kinda confused his name is William Zane. In the thread I keep seeing people say Dylan is the only Zane. Why is that?

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
Isn't this suicide on Ocean's part? He promised a big update before the end of the year to appease the people on Patreon who started leaving. Very smart decision. I can imagine what will happen if Ocean doesn't keep his word......he should stock up on lube because his Patreons won't be kind like Vanessa, they'll buy the biggest butt plug in the store. :KEK:

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
Ocean decided some time ago that William is only related to Leia
Then that means he would have to change the name in the first episode when his name was revealed. I thought they were the only ones related when it came to Katie. Thought she was the odd man out. I didn't realize it was meant as a bigger change.

Reactions: Dr.TSoni

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Then that means he would have to change the name in the first episode when his name was revealed. I thought they were the only ones related when it came to Katie. Thought she was the odd man out. I didn't realize it was meant as a bigger change.
Nah he will still be William Zane despite being not blood related somehow is my guess. Maybe they get adopted and it never gets mentioned or whatever.

The whole wealth of the Zane we see in SG comes from Leia i imagie (who wouldnt be a Zane either).

But its the opposite approach to nika/nami and nojiko who kept their own surnames (if it even is Nika's real surname).

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Dude keep up!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
Even if they are not blood Zanes,if there last names are officially Zanes then any children they have will be Zanes.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Is there any mention of him about this? For me this is a shot in the foot to change the entire history already made to remove the famous insect!
Here is the devlog I quoted a few pages back. Check the section about change. It's an older log, we've been trying to work out what it means for both games, but it's really hard to say until Ch4 of WiaB comes out. Maybe little affect other than lost of wrong theories? Who knows until we see how it works in chapter 4.

Even if they are not blood Zanes,if there last names are officially Zanes then any children they have will be Zanes.
Ocean can change the script easily, the only other thing is to change that one render of the WZ on Leia's phone. We'll see how it plays out, but the section in the log is titled change, so mentally prepare for change.

4.30 star(s) 528 Votes