Radnos Salazar

Dec 4, 2023

Hello,

Quite a few news.

I have probably had the most productive days in the past week, mostly because of a new system I implemented.

It's not just the system itself; I had a change in perception. I won't go into details, but it's a good thing.

The render queue has formed a union and I’m currently dealing with their demands. That boy hasn’t stopped running in a while… Actually, it did, I once forgot to start it before bed.

After almost two years and being burned out on working with others, I retook a leap of faith and recruited a coder.

Until now, it looks great, and he works on a per-project basis.
The priority right now is the phone and two of its apps.

Afterward, around 12 to 13 more apps will be added over time.

If this works out, it will take a massive burden off my shoulders.

Season 2 – Chapter 1 state.

I calculated to see how much of the update is left… By my last count, I had over 2000 renders done…

However, this time, I counted how many lines of dialogue were still left… And what’s left is double the size of Chapter 5… Of what’s left alone.

I don’t think this update was double the size of Chapter 5. It’s triple the size.

By my current estimations, the PC can’t match the quota to release before the end of the year. I see I render around 30 to 40 renders a night, provided I’m not rendering an animation. Those take up an entire night. (Not just SG.)

600 to 800 renders a month are for SG alone. By just looking at the script, I think I’m still missing 3000 to 4000 renders… and I think this update will be close to 6000 to 7000 renders.

I don’t want to cut it in half because the update flows perfectly throughout and ends at a point where it makes sense.

Just to put this in perspective, the final version of Season 1 has ~ 12000 still renders. (It would be More if you added the old renders that got removed.)

In terms of render count, this update alone comes close to 50% to 60% of the currently released entire Season 1 render count.

What the actual fuck… I’m so focused on just setting up scenes all day that I didn’t notice how big this update actually was.

Quite the challenge. I’ll take it.

So, going forward, there will be no more animation rendering to keep the PC baking renders. The animations will be done by the end of the update while I do postwork. I can do both at the same time.

If the thingy with the coder works out, those areas are taken care of.

By getting the workstation, I could probably raise the daily render output to 60 - 70 renders a day while simultaneously rendering animations on my current PC.

But I still don’t feel comfortable getting the workstation right now because I’m still waiting for the 2022 taxes, which should arrive next month.

After I have taken care of this, I will order the workstation.

Some previews: 4K attached
View attachment 4141218
View attachment 4141216
View attachment 4141217
Man, I wish I could show some of the incredible renders I have made... But they would just show too much.

Thankfully, my mind is in a good space, and I’m aware that creating such a behemoth of an update (and another big update for another game) is quite taxing.

With the new system I’m using for work, I will get through this without any significant difficulties, but I can say that this will be a one-time thing. (Maybe an update of this size to start a new season is cool, but it won’t be the new normal.)

Future updates are normal-sized updates of 2000 to 2500 renders.

- Ocean
Why is it soo hard for him to give some sasha renders?:(

Matt2012021

Jul 18, 2020
Never was counting on a update before the end of the year one can hope for a February or March release but I will come to terms with another VN I like talking a year for a update

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
So the redone assjob scene looks like there's no need for the uncut version right? So that's a promise Ocean's delivered on. It's naturally disappointing that it won't be in time for the holidays, but this is probably one of the most promising devlogs I've read in a while. Update size has been refined more accurately, Ocean's actively seeking people to take care of tasks that aren't Ocean's specialties, and we've got excellent indication of major story progression with a Katie render, with some shadowy figures in the background. I wonder why Ocean's kept them hidden? The woman of the left could be...

yossa999

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2020
he stopped working on animations simultaneously so the still renders probably will go faster, so probably sometime Q1?
He wrote the numbers :) 600-800 renders per month, 6000-7000 renders in total, 2000 of which are done. So let's take the average of 700 renders per month and 6500-2000=4500 renders left to do, which gives us about 6.5 months to render this amount. And then there's post-processing and cinematics.

I don't want to say anything about it, 700 renders per month is insane performance, there are developers who produce that much in a year and are still quite popular and have a thousand subscribers. And that's without even comparing the quality of Ocean's renders with them.

But it would still be better if he divided this chapter into two parts. A year is somewhat bearable, according to the amount of the content delivered. But a year and a half or more is too long to wait.

dameromexxx

Jun 24, 2024
Don't tell me William the Chad went bald
but seriously one of the guys Holgerson meet was bald so maybe it's him as for the girl the only thing we can be sure of is that it's not a MILF it's more the features of a young woman
As for the bathtub from the facial expression she looks more like the legendary infamous evil Nami than the Nami we knew so far maybe Nami is starting to play hard because of the competition?
And it looks like a date with Nia will be included in this update

Last edited:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018

What's going on in that bathtub?

At first glance they looked like mannequins to me, but I guess it's Ayua with a towel on her head

I was thinking it could be Leia. BUt it literally could be anyone with dark hair. Given the zip in Katie's top it could be gymwear, but it kinda looks like floor to ceiling shelves. The 'towel' to me just looks like the lighting from the window behind.

He wrote the numbers :) 600-800 renders per month, 6000-7000 renders in total, 2000 of which are done. So let's take the average of 700 renders per month and 6500-2000=4500 renders left to do, which gives us about 6.5 months to render this amount. And then there's post-processing and cinematics.

I don't want to say anything about it, 700 renders per month is insane performance, there are developers who produce that much in a year and are still quite popular and have a thousand subscribers. And that's without even comparing the quality of Ocean's renders with them.

But it would still be better if he divided this chapter into two parts. A year is somewhat bearable, according to the amount of the content delivered. But a year and a half or more is too long to wait.
A better solution would be to call it season 2. It's almost big enough, and if it has a complete arc that works internally, why not? There's no real reason that season two has to have multiple chapters if it's a great sized update. It can then act as a stepping stone to the next season where the branches that are started in Season 1 can be properly implemented. Put another win on the board in other words. I'm sure there's more than that lewd scene with Nami if most of the LI's have their own scenes like mentioned in an earlier log.

Last edited:

Dr.TSoni

May 20, 2022
Don't tell me William the Chad went bald
Leia ultimately won the bet

I was thinking it could be Leia. BUt it literally could be anyone with dark hair. Given the zip in Katie's top it could be gymwear, but it kinda looks like floor to ceiling shelves. The 'towel' to me just looks like the lighting from the window behind.
My money is on us meeting her at the gym while or after training with Ayua (or maybe that's more of a hope XD)

Mamaragan

Jun 9, 2019
Ocean is making a mistake IMO not cutting the episode into two parts

Doing so would give us new fresh content faster, and the follow-up update would come quicker as well, getting ocean into an 5-6 months release. He'll also have to learn to condensate and make some sacrifices, because having 30 chapters with that rate of half chapter release is unsustainable.

But I can't help but be impressed. 700 renders a month of THAT quality, while working on two games, is pretty insane. You can't call him lazy. I can't wait for the new episode to come :oops:.

And those preview, chef kiss. Katie fans are blessed.

Last edited:

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021

Hello,

Quite a few news.

Afterward, around 12 to 13 more apps will be added over time.
13 apps for the phone?!?! What the fuck?
We have the usual apps like gallery, contacts, setting... Others like the Instagram app and the Tinder app... What other apps he could add? o_O

I feel you, but i´m the one who prefer complete chapters at once :), of course it wouldn´t be a problem too big for me if Ocean decides to split the chapter because there are so much renders but i still prefer complete chapters.

But yeah, the wait until it comes out... :cry:

What's going on in that bathtub?
I suppose not real sex, but maybe some rubbing down there. At least Nika seems comfortable :ROFLMAO:

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
I think it's a friendly rivalry. Remember she did it before to Sasha when she is talking to Nika. There wasn't a vital conversation she just was messing with her. Just assuming their family is friends and Ayua was like the annoying hyper active kid and Sasha was the one she annoyed the most. Most likely if the bar scene is any indication Sasha was probably the one who always bailed her out of trouble.

dameromexxx

Jun 24, 2024
13 apps for the phone?!?! What the fuck?
We have the usual apps like gallery, contacts, setting... Others like the Instagram app and the Tinder app... What other apps he could add? o_O

I wonder if WIAB will get this feature too.

One of the things that will catch your eye is the fact that despite the action taking place 20 years before SG, the characters also use smartphones, there are no Nokias or Sony Ericssons in sight, so we can assume that the action does not take place in the 2000s in our timeline.

But for it to make sense, the game had to be reworked to be there from the beginning, there is no reason for William not to have these applications from the very beginning, he is not in a situation like Nika who, with the course of the plot, decided that they could be useful and is only now starting to install them

Reactions: Don Sucio
4.30 star(s) 528 Votes