yossa999

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2020
I feel you, but i´m the one who prefer complete chapters at once :), of course it wouldn´t be a problem too big for me if Ocean decides to split the chapter because there are so much renders but i still prefer complete chapters.

But yeah, the wait until it comes out... :cry:
Yeah, it's not a complaint that he's slow, he's fast and furious, in terms of content, it doesn't matter if it's 3 updates, each with 2200 renders (the size of CH5) every 6 months or 6500 renders over 18 months. But I'm always for shorter updates, something like CH1Part1... CH1Part3. Players can decide for themselves whether to play them as they come out or save them until the whole big chapter is ready.

But I think he's saving the most hated "coding" part for the end, so he can tackle it once for a big chapter, rather than having to come back to it three times for three small ones. He was also probably looking hard for someone to handle the phone code, and wants to release it with the next update, otherwise some of the partial updates would have to be released again without the phone. And the fictional Aurora social network seems like it's going to be an important part of the gameplay.

Mamaragan

Jun 9, 2019
Yeah, it's not a complaint that he's slow, he's fast and furious, in terms of content, it doesn't matter if it's 3 updates, each with 2200 renders (the size of CH5) every 6 months or 6500 renders over 18 months. But I'm always for shorter updates, something like CH1Part1... CH1Part3. Players can decide for themselves whether to play them as they come out or save them until the whole big chapter is ready.

But I think he's saving the most hated "coding" part for the end, so he can tackle it once for a big chapter, rather than having to come back to it three times for three small ones. He was also probably looking hard for someone to handle the phone code, and wants to release it with the next update, otherwise some of the partial updates would have to be released again without the phone. And the fictional Aurora social network seems like it's going to be an important part of the gameplay.
He's already doing his half chapter tho. Chapter 3, 3.5 and so on.
Let's hope it's a one time thing. I'm sure we're going to have our dick hard when that beefy ass chapter is out.

Oh, and if ocean is doing 700 renders a month, that's 2800 renders in 4 months. If he can find a way to stay within that limit, he could release chapters in a faster, stable way.

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
Let's hope it's a one time thing. I'm sure we're going to have our dick hard when that beefy ass chapter is out.

Oh, and if ocean is doing 700 renders a month, that's 2800 renders in 4 months. If he can find a way to stay within that limit, he could release chapters in a faster, stable way.
Beefy ass must be talking about Mila.:LOL:

yossa999

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2020

Yeah, but I believe he achieved this productivity only recently, using an "uberproductive new system" he mentioned in the devlog but refused to disclose. But honestly, I doubt he'll keep this pace up all the time, there will still be moments of productivity decline.

dameromexxx

Jun 24, 2024
He was also probably looking hard for someone to handle the phone code, and wants to release it with the next update, otherwise some of the partial updates would have to be released again without the phone. And the fictional Aurora social network seems like it's going to be an important part of the gameplay.
I absolutely do not blame him for being so keen on having it, it is a very useful gadget that does not require much work, of course, when it is already implemented in the game and other games like Badik or even triple-a behemoths like cyberpunk use it with great effectiveness. There is simply something very positively affecting immersion and world-building when you create this illusion that characters are constantly functioning and doing something in the world outside of direct interaction with the main character. You can also create interactions thanks to which you build relationships and expand the background of the characters without having to waste time creating renders. Not to mention that in this case it looks like it could be an important part of the plot regarding finding out what happened to Summer by following characters from the past that we lost contact with

Last edited:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018

Ocean dropped the half chapter description at the start of the year I believe. He realised he's just doing lots of chapters, so there are no half chapters, but there's twice the number of chapters moving forward. This is like the size of three chapters in the new counting though.

Regarding updates, yeah. If he can sustain 600 per game per month, that's wild. 500 per game per month reliably would still be a massive leap forward - both games getting full normal sized chapter updates every 6 months (5 months for 2500 renders, 1 month for post etc) would be outstanding. Let's see how it goes after these next two updates for each game are out.

dlaskas

May 26, 2023
So the redone assjob scene looks like there's no need for the uncut version right? So that's a promise Ocean's delivered on. It's naturally disappointing that it won't be in time for the holidays, but this is probably one of the most promising devlogs I've read in a while. Update size has been refined more accurately, Ocean's actively seeking people to take care of tasks that aren't Ocean's specialties, and we've got excellent indication of major story progression with a Katie render, with some shadowy figures in the background. I wonder why Ocean's kept them hidden? The woman of the left could be...
OH NOT AGAIN
xD

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019

Hello,

Quite a few news.

I have probably had the most productive days in the past week, mostly because of a new system I implemented.

It's not just the system itself; I had a change in perception. I won't go into details, but it's a good thing.

The render queue has formed a union and I’m currently dealing with their demands. That boy hasn’t stopped running in a while… Actually, it did, I once forgot to start it before bed.

After almost two years and being burned out on working with others, I retook a leap of faith and recruited a coder.

Until now, it looks great, and he works on a per-project basis.
The priority right now is the phone and two of its apps.

Afterward, around 12 to 13 more apps will be added over time.

If this works out, it will take a massive burden off my shoulders.

Season 2 – Chapter 1 state.

I calculated to see how much of the update is left… By my last count, I had over 2000 renders done…

However, this time, I counted how many lines of dialogue were still left… And what’s left is double the size of Chapter 5… Of what’s left alone.

I don’t think this update was double the size of Chapter 5. It’s triple the size.

By my current estimations, the PC can’t match the quota to release before the end of the year. I see I render around 30 to 40 renders a night, provided I’m not rendering an animation. Those take up an entire night. (Not just SG.)

600 to 800 renders a month are for SG alone. By just looking at the script, I think I’m still missing 3000 to 4000 renders… and I think this update will be close to 6000 to 7000 renders.

I don’t want to cut it in half because the update flows perfectly throughout and ends at a point where it makes sense.

Just to put this in perspective, the final version of Season 1 has ~ 12000 still renders. (It would be More if you added the old renders that got removed.)

In terms of render count, this update alone comes close to 50% to 60% of the currently released entire Season 1 render count.

What the actual fuck… I’m so focused on just setting up scenes all day that I didn’t notice how big this update actually was.

Quite the challenge. I’ll take it.

So, going forward, there will be no more animation rendering to keep the PC baking renders. The animations will be done by the end of the update while I do postwork. I can do both at the same time.

If the thingy with the coder works out, those areas are taken care of.

By getting the workstation, I could probably raise the daily render output to 60 - 70 renders a day while simultaneously rendering animations on my current PC.

But I still don’t feel comfortable getting the workstation right now because I’m still waiting for the 2022 taxes, which should arrive next month.

After I have taken care of this, I will order the workstation.

Some previews: 4K attached
View attachment 4141218
View attachment 4141216
View attachment 4141217
Man, I wish I could show some of the incredible renders I have made... But they would just show too much.

Thankfully, my mind is in a good space, and I’m aware that creating such a behemoth of an update (and another big update for another game) is quite taxing.

With the new system I’m using for work, I will get through this without any significant difficulties, but I can say that this will be a one-time thing. (Maybe an update of this size to start a new season is cool, but it won’t be the new normal.)

Future updates are normal-sized updates of 2000 to 2500 renders.

- Ocean

Ocean renders are becoming scary, he keeps raising the bar. Overall exciting devlog, don't think anyone was expecting a update this year, 7000 renders is crazy.

Yossa mad the connection that it looks like Katies working on an angels wing. So it might be the photoshoot with Sasha.
What is interesting to me is she showing up so early, I thought that WiaB characters are goona be a bit like cryptids, seen once in a life time - or season- but it seems that Katie will be more involved.

Sonya, I think you're right
I thought the same, I don't have the preview that showed Sonya training at Ayua's but I think she was wearing a similar outfit. Would explain Katie. Maybe the bald guy is that William friend from chapter 3 ?

Reactions: Dr.TSoni

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
Sometimes I want to say something good about Ocean, praise him, but when I see how he deceives his fans, I feel sad.
I calculated to see how much of the update is left… By my last count, I had over 2000 renders done… By just looking at the script, I think I’m still missing 3000 to 4000 renders… and I think this update will be close to 6000 to 7000 renders.
Ocean said... I quote log 11: "I guess I'm closing in on the 50% mark. Keep in mind that the development only really started in late May." It turns out that in a little over 2 months Ocean did 50% of the renders. Well, good job, it's logical to assume that he will do the remaining 50% of the renders in about 2 months. And now 2.5 months have passed and we get a new log in which Ocean writes that he has done more than 2000 renders in total. How should we understand this, it turns out that Ocean did nothing all these months, but wrote to us in the logs how hard he was working? By this point he should have all the renders ready if we believe his words.

By my current estimations, the PC can’t match the quota to release before the end of the year. I see I render around 30 to 40 renders a night, provided I’m not rendering an animation. Those take up an entire night. (Not just SG.)

600 to 800 renders a month are for SG alone.
Ocean said that his 2x3090 renders 1 frame in 4.5 minutes. If we divide 60 minutes by 4.5 minutes, we get more than 13 renderers per hour, let's round it up to 10 renders per hour and give a head start to make it easier to count. It turns out that about 40 renders will be done in 4 hours, and not all night as Ocean said. That's not all, besides this, he also has 2xA6000 which are equal in speed to 2x3090, and there are also 2x4090 which are 2 times more powerful than 2x3090 and can render the same 40 frames in 2 hours instead of 4.

But that's not the most important thing. When Ocean creates renders during the day, he can do it on one PC, why don't other PCs render at this time? He was constantly asking his fans for money to buy new video cards to speed up rendering. Now he got the money and bought new video cards, so why are they turned off all day instead of rendering?
I'm tired of reading this bullshit.

Reactions: hawk784563

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Blah blah...can't keep track...big update...big...BIG...(wonder if Ocean is a Trump fan pmsl).....BIG BIG......I have no schedule...no way to control or contain myself...update won't be this year....or even next year maybe...blah blah....

Least RNasc4444 will be happy as there was some more tax info in this log... ;)

Anyway...the only thing that matters in this log:

Katielein.png

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
By getting the workstation, I could probably raise the daily render output to 60 - 70 renders a day while simultaneously rendering animations on my current PC.

But I still don’t feel comfortable getting the workstation right now because I’m still waiting for the 2022 taxes, which should arrive next month.

After I have taken care of this, I will order the workstation.
Is this motherfucker seriously STILL talking about his motherfuckin' "workstation"??? :rolleyes:

4.30 star(s) 528 Votes