alanrock

Jun 2, 2020
Ocean said that his 2x3090 renders 1 frame in 4.5 minutes. If we divide 60 minutes by 4.5 minutes, we get more than 13 renderers per hour, let's round it up to 10 renders per hour and give a head start to make it easier to count. It turns out that about 40 renders will be done in 4 hours, and not all night as Ocean said. That's not all, besides this, he also has 2xA6000 which are equal in speed to 2x3090, and there are also 2x4090 which are 2 times more powerful than 2x3090 and can render the same 40 frames in 2 hours instead of 4
anchorman-science.gif

Reactions: AlexFXR

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
So the redone assjob scene looks like there's no need for the uncut version right?
Don't see how that is the case. This scene will be in the first chapter of season 2. It won't replace the other one. It will be just another instance of them going into Nick's jacuzzi days after the first one with Vanessa and the annoying turd after the tennis match. At least that's what I'm guessing. Season 1 is done and the uncut mod applies no matter what unless of course Ocean does decide to retcon the story once again :LOL:

Least @RNasc4444 will be happy as there was some more tax info in this log... ;)

After 3 miserable devlogs he finally delivered a doozy. All praise God-Emperor Ocean!

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
I'm going to just say it.

This game works better without the backstory. The mystery and figuring out the relationships is half or more of its appeal.

Discontinue WIAB, not just because of the workload, but because it will improve SG as a story. Just sparingly weave in the necessary plot elements from WIAB where it makes sense in SG.

Flame away.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ahx and jock1a

Bloker997

Aug 20, 2022

This game works better without the backstory. The mystery and figuring out the relationships is half or more of its appeal.

Discontinue WIAB, not just because of the workload, but because it will improve SG as a story. Just sparingly weave in the necessary plot elements from WIAB where it makes sense in SG.

Flame away.
And lose young Katie? You mad bro?

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022

Flame away.
Oh boy...this gon' be fun

I too sometimes enjoy popping into a thread, dropping a grenade, leave and watch the shitshow unfold from a distance! :ROFLMAO:

Open the floodgates!!!

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Not going there....resisting....

From him...obvious bait is obvious.
I have no reactions left today, so I'm also going to be speechless. It was a good devlog day, emergency Katie saved me.

Don't see how that is the case. This scene will be in the first chapter of season 2. It won't replace the other one. It will be just another instance of them going into Nick's jacuzzi days after the first one with Vanessa and the annoying turd after the tennis match. At least that's what I'm guessing. Season 1 is done and the uncut mod applies no matter what unless of course Ocean does decide to retcon the story once again :LOL:

After 3 miserable devlogs he finally delivered a doozy. All praise God-Emperor Ocean!
Well, from Ocean's perspective, he's doing it because he had to cut it, so it has all that tenderness of a first time I imagine, how adorable! :)

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Not going there....resisting....

From him...obvious bait is obvious.
Not sure it's a bait. Lots of people feel the same way. They like SG better so they would prefer if Ocean focused it full time instead of splitting time and resources with WiAB. You know that even though I like WiAB (and honestly think it is the better game of the 2) I would not be playing it if it weren't for SG.

All that is moot though since we know damn well how Ocean feels about both games. He won't be dropping either unless he reaches a VERY critical point in terms of financial sustainability. Which won't happen.

dlaskas

May 26, 2023

Flame away.
it was so calm.
so.. so calm. :confused:
even bob didn't ask (too) many questions this time around.

and now... now it's gonna be an unfollowable shitshow. just like the WiaB thread. :cry:
gah!

yossa999

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2020
Oh boy...this gon' be fun

I too sometimes enjoy popping into a thread, dropping a grenade, leave and watch the shitshow unfold from a distance! :ROFLMAO:

Open the floodgates!!!
Grenade or not, but this is the reality. When someone suggests focusing on one game and putting another on hold/abandoning, they're suggesting giving up WiAB, not the other way around. Poor Katie fans... if there are any of them here of course. :Kappa:

The Krogan Dude

Sep 26, 2023

Flame away.
Don't be a D... oh.

Miranha157

Oct 6, 2024
So the redone assjob scene looks like there's no need for the uncut version right? So that's a promise Ocean's delivered on. It's naturally disappointing that it won't be in time for the holidays, but this is probably one of the most promising devlogs I've read in a while. Update size has been refined more accurately, Ocean's actively seeking people to take care of tasks that aren't Ocean's specialties, and we've got excellent indication of major story progression with a Katie render, with some shadowy figures in the background. I wonder why Ocean's kept them hidden? The woman of the left could be...
Do you think he will redo the hot tub scene or is it a new scene of season 2?

Miranha157

Oct 6, 2024
Ocean is making a mistake IMO not cutting the episode into two parts

Doing so would give us new fresh content faster, and the follow-up update would come quicker as well, getting ocean into an 5-6 months release. He'll also have to learn to condensate and make some sacrifices, because having 30 chapters with that rate of half chapter release is unsustainable.

But I can't help but be impressed. 700 renders a month of THAT quality, while working on two games, is pretty insane. You can't call him lazy. I can't wait for the new episode to come :oops:.

And those preview, chef kiss. Katie fans are blessed.
He had already said that he would no longer do half a chapter, it would be a whole chapter.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Do you think he will redo the hot tub scene or is it a new scene of season 2?
New season, there have been multiple previews of that scene, getting spicier each time. Hopefully we don't get the whole scene leaked in previews before the chapter is out!

it was so calm.
so.. so calm. :confused:
even bob didn't ask (too) many questions this time around.

and now... now it's gonna be an unfollowable shitshow. just like the WiaB thread. :cry:
gah!
I tried to limit myself just for you. Besides, this thread isn't ready for futa Helen memes.

4.30 star(s) 528 Votes