Miranha157

Oct 6, 2024
you don't have to give him any support if you don't want to.. however, it would be nice and absolve you of any potential entitlement if you refrained from bashing him in any way on his game threads. especially since you get his product for free.
that should be a rule.

also, i mean that in general, not only you specifically.
In fact, I have a friend who has supported him for a long time, and from what he shows me of the supporters' conversations, it seems like a cult. Many there love Ocean. He can do whatever he wants about the game, delay updates or increase the value of the Patreon at the game's launch and they will accept it like little bitches.

Just because I'm here in lawless waters doesn't mean I can't share my opinion!

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I was speaking in general,as a norm. So your comment is welcomed. i might actually play it again and try to pay more attention to the cinematics'.
As I already said, generally I totally agree. Making characters move "just because I can" usually ends up being redundant or simply look bad.
I like good static renders much better than bad robotic or pointless animations.

But Oceans work is movie-grade good and each cinematic scene has a point and meaning and gives you a feeling.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I think it's just not healthy to sit in a thread of a game that irritates you and repeat day after day how you don't like anything and how bad things really are.
When I think how dull and boring my own life is....I think of all the truly sad and pathetic people around who spend time posting (hundreds of posts) in game threads of games they dislike...

And suddenly feel so much better about my own life :)

jock1a If I just wanted pictures...I could read any number of graphic novels. VN's are an extension/evolution of those (along with choose your own adventure books). Do I constantly say (in most threads) that bad animations are worse than none and bring nothing to a VN? Yes...yes I do. Do I often tell devs that if you can't do them properly, don't have the time, skill or hardware to just not bother? Yes...yes I do.

Are Oceans cinematics...truly...to actually use the word...cinematic? God yes and he is the best around. That's what I want...I want a cinematic experience. To say they bring nothing says more about you than anything, there is a reason that Christopher Doyle is perhaps the most sought after cinematographer in the film industry (to give a clue, it's not because it brings nothing to a film). As for the crap you mentioned, both Oceans VN's are light years ahead of that rubbish.

Last edited:

Miranha157

Oct 6, 2024
I don't remember if it's allowed to mention other games, but Dreamland, Time Heals, Move the Chains, The Grey Dream and How to Fix the Future are AVNs that have very good quality, just like SG. There may be others, but I know them and some still have a long way to go. Anyway, I'm not here to badmouth Ocean, I'm just saying that cinematics nowadays are an added detail and make the game more beautiful to look at. In fact, I tell my friends that when you finish playing SG, the other games look ugly to our eyes, because man, each render is more beautiful than the last.

dameromexxx

Jun 24, 2024
In fact, I have a friend who has supported him for a long time, and from what he shows me of the supporters' conversations, it seems like a cult. Many there love Ocean. He can do whatever he wants about the game, delay updates or increase the value of the Patreon at the game's launch and they will accept it like little bitches.

Where can I find gatherings of these fanatics I want to see what AVN game cultist anno domini 2024 looks like

LostGhost

May 16, 2021
Sometimes I want to say something good about Ocean, praise him, but when I see how he deceives his fans, I feel sad.

Ocean said... I quote log 11: "I guess I'm closing in on the 50% mark. Keep in mind that the development only really started in late May." It turns out that in a little over 2 months Ocean did 50% of the renders. Well, good job, it's logical to assume that he will do the remaining 50% of the renders in about 2 months. And now 2.5 months have passed and we get a new log in which Ocean writes that he has done more than 2000 renders in total. How should we understand this, it turns out that Ocean did nothing all these months, but wrote to us in the logs how hard he was working? By this point he should have all the renders ready if we believe his words.

Ocean said that his 2x3090 renders 1 frame in 4.5 minutes. If we divide 60 minutes by 4.5 minutes, we get more than 13 renderers per hour, let's round it up to 10 renders per hour and give a head start to make it easier to count. It turns out that about 40 renders will be done in 4 hours, and not all night as Ocean said. That's not all, besides this, he also has 2xA6000 which are equal in speed to 2x3090, and there are also 2x4090 which are 2 times more powerful than 2x3090 and can render the same 40 frames in 2 hours instead of 4.

But that's not the most important thing. When Ocean creates renders during the day, he can do it on one PC, why don't other PCs render at this time? He was constantly asking his fans for money to buy new video cards to speed up rendering. Now he got the money and bought new video cards, so why are they turned off all day instead of rendering?
I'm tired of reading this bullshit.
I guess by 50% completion he may have meant regular update render count that would be around 1k.

Reactions: jock1a

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
Even simple minded haters like alex seem to start to lack passion in hating and baiting.
Will there be proof? Of course not. Unlike you and your friends, I do not engage in bullying and stalking. You're so used to Ocean shitting on you that you think it's the norm. But when a person with self-respect appears and doesn't cower before anyone and doesn't let anyone shit on him, it really pisses you off.

Reactions: hawk784563

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022

A wee bit controversial up in this bitch today, huh? :LOL:

God I love this thread!

It's been quiet here because even the most staunch and persistent Ocean haters ran out of steam over a year ago
Huh offense taken! I'm still here. Going strong since...I don't even remember when anymore... But still fucking here! :cool:

Honestly I think Ocean has lowered the expectations enough that the "hate" starts fading. If you drop an update every 8 months people won't expect it every 4 or 5. If you go on 5 years of development without a single sex scene, people won't expect it next update either. And so on and so forth...

Don't think that's a particularly good indicator though. Lack of "hate" means slower thread which translates inevitably to lack of general interest. But that's just my opinion.

LostGhost

May 16, 2021
Ahahaha... yes you are right, it is just great science. Unfortunately yossa999, Maviarab and BobTheDuck do not understand this and get angry at people who call Ocean a milker. If DPC did that, then 20 pages would already be written about what an asshole he is.
DPC takes 9-11 months for around 5k(max) renders.yes he does mini games and too many extra things but his renders are far from good compared to Ocean's and do we even have to talk about his workstations?

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Where can I find gatherings of these fanatics I want to see what AVN game cultist anno domini 2024 looks like
Join Ocean's discord, link's in the OP of the thread. I personally feel the need to wash myself after being there for me than 10 seconds. I go there to see if Ocean's posted any extra comments, which he does from time to time, but damn. I'm sure they're really nice people, I ...just can't. o_O

yossa999

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2020

You can even share your dickpick, it's unlikely to surprise anyone with that here. An opinion is like a butthole, everyone has one. :HideThePain:

But you can play this game because the supporters pay for it, right, those little bitches like your friend, apparently?

And because Ocean spends his time, money and effort learning new software, developing his skills, investing in hardware, software and other assets like songs that cost thousands or DAZ assets when a single minor character model could easily cost him a hundred or more, the game remains top notch in quality, constantly improving, and 600-800 renders of that quality per month is no longer a fantasy.

Oh, and don't forget him outsourcing some parts, like phone coding. You don't think that these people are work for free, right? Somebody has to pay them.

And yes, he can do whatever he wants with the game, because he is the one bearing the financial, reputational and other risks, not you or me. Some barely-known developer said something like: with all due respect, the players are in for the ride, but he is the one who drives the car. And that's fair, those who disagree are free to choose any game or developer they like, or start their own games and show everyone how it should be done right.

The Krogan Dude

Sep 26, 2023
There's always such kind of cult in popular AVN discords or patreon pages. The critics don't last long and only remain the most supportive fellowers. But SG discord is far from the worst in that regard, in the pink one you might get banned you just for mentioning a mod or posting a fanart :whistle:

Reactions: shmimmy

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018

God I love this thread!

Huh offense taken! I'm still here. Going strong since...I don't even remember when anymore... But still fucking here! :cool:

Honestly I think Ocean has lowered the expectations enough that the "hate" starts fading. If you drop an update every 8 months people won't expect it every 4 or 5. If you go on 5 years of development without a single sex scene, people won't expect it next update either. And so on and so forth...

Don't think that's a particularly good indicator though. Lack of "hate" means slower thread which translates inevitably to lack of general interest. But that's just my opinion.
You're a hater??? I thought you were just ardently opinionated. My world view is changed o_O

You're right though. Ambivalence to something is the beginning of irrelevance. So the need for Ocean to feed us (by us I mean the general public) something substatial to play on a more regular basis is not said out of a sense of entitlement or a desire for him to rush, merely you've got to keep relevant. THe longer you're away, the more other games fill the market, other people talk about everything. Here we are the day after a devlog that had actual metrics, and people are offering up names of other games.

I really have never thought of you as a hater, you're way too passionate for that, and you don't change your opinion just to keep arguing. Huh.

yossa999

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2020

God I love this thread!

Ha, you can't even claim to be the thread's evil mascot, there are much more capable individuals in terms of hate.

Besides, judge for yourself, who will take seriously someone who calls the Divine Zara turd? :Kappa:

I think it's better to look at the interest indicators on steamdb than in this thread. I can't stop laughing at the enthusiasts who sometimes call for lowering the game's rating here. Oh yeah, baby, let the pirates not find it and not take it for free. Gawd, how many... geniuses here.

Wait, why did I even start this again? It's a bait! :cautious:

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
I guess by 50% completion he may have meant regular update render count that would be around 1k.
He didn't do regular updates, and he never wrote about it in his logs. You must have confused him with someone else. The only thing Ocean wrote was that he was going to do a big update of 5000-7000 renders and then announced at the end of July that he had done half of it. You can double-check his logs yourself starting from May.

DPC takes 9-11 months for around 5k(max) renders.yes he does mini games and too many extra things but his renders are far from good compared to Ocean's and do we even have to talk about his workstations?
DPC has said many times that he started making the game with the best textures at that time. Then new Genesises appeared with more realistic textures. He didn’t remake or improve anything like Ocean, because new Genesis comes out very often. When he finishes BaD and starts making a new game, then he will already use new photorealistic textures. I think he did the right thing.
p.s. its last update together with additions was about 6800 renders.

Doomyk

Jun 7, 2019
I'm wondering myself, but I suspect they're doing the photoshoot with Sasha, and that neck looks too skinny for Willi
To be honest, I used to think that Willie in SG might be bald, when in the last update his friend joked that they bet that the next time we meet we'll see you bald. I looked closely at different dudes in SG, but the bald one in the restaurant has the same eyes. And here the tattoo hints, the eyes are not visible yet, and the muscles could have deflated in 20+ years. I wonder, maybe that girl is Leia?

• Wow
Reactions: yossa999
4.30 star(s) 528 Votes