Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
I am curious about something else: how during TikTok, Facebook, Instagram (whatever) can a person completely disappear (the CIA and the KGB are involved here:cool:)?
It's entirely possible that MC doesn't know what happened to Summer and/or his PTSD refuses to let him acknowledge what happened to her. The twist being that there's no mystery to her disappearance to the world. The police know, the local news knows, Nojiko knows, etc. But MC is too fucked in the head to accept it, so its a "disappearance". And so his arc in the game would be to gradually come to terms with what happened to Summer, rather than finding closure in discovering where she disappeared to.

Aka. She dead as fuck.

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
It's entirely possible that MC doesn't know what happened to Summer and/or his PTSD refuses to let him acknowledge what happened to her. The twist being that there's no mystery to her disappearance to the world. The police know, the local news knows, Nojiko knows, etc. But MC is too fucked in the head to accept it, so its a "disappearance".
That's actually the most probable theory considering how it's the mc himself that deliberately shut himself off.
And so his arc in the game would be to gradually come to terms with what happened to Summer, rather than finding closure in discovering where she disappeared to.

Aka. She dead as fuck.
Basically a coming of age arc, the mc is mentally stunted, still a kid in mind and heart and the process of moving on and finding peace with her "disappearance" through professional help and with either of the love interests.

Or maybe it could be some balls to the walls conspiracy theory lmao

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
That's actually the most probable theory considering how it's the mc himself that deliberately shut himself off.

Basically a coming of age arc, the mc is mentally stunted, still a kid in mind and heart and the process of moving on and finding peace with her "disappearance" through professional help and with either of the love interests.

Or maybe it could be some balls to the walls conspiracy theory lmao
I'm constantly flipping back and forth between the two because of WIAB. If it wasn't for WIAB, I would expect a more grounded, emotional resolution to Summer.

forthewins

Feb 5, 2021
I just got caught up with the game. This has the best graphics I've seen of any game on this site. Super impressive, and it helps with immersion into the story. The story and the characters are also top notch.

This game really needs an editor that's a native English speaker, though. Not just for helping with mistakes (of which there are a lot in chapter 3), but also with making the dialogue sound more natural. As is there's just too many lines that are obviously not being written by a native speaker. (For one example, there's a lot of spots where a native speaker would almost always use a contraction, but the writer doesn't, so the dialogue just sounds stilted. No one says "I am going to leave now", but rather "I'm leaving." Things like that.)

I've also noticed the Engrish has gotten worse in chapter 3 than in the current versions of the earlier chapters. I'm guessing that's because they've had less time to be edited.

Definitely looking forward to more though. The beginning with the car crash, the emo response to that, the driver randomly pulling a gun, and then the MC randomly threatening to shoot her really put me off on the game at first, and I quit playing, only to give it another shot months later. I'm glad I did now because that really wasn't representing what the game would be all about.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
I've also noticed the Engrish has gotten worse in chapter 3 than in the current versions of the earlier chapters. I'm guessing that's because they've had less time to be edited.

Definitely looking forward to more though. The beginning with the car crash, the emo response to that, the driver randomly pulling a gun, and then the MC randomly threatening to shoot her really put me off on the game at first, and I quit playing, only to give it another shot months later. I'm glad I did now because that really wasn't representing what the game would be all about.
yes the engrish needs improvement indeed, and i am not disagreeing with you here just pointing out the inory here!

as for the 2nd mistake, wtf do you mean threatening? a real man pulls the trigger!

Rumplepuss

Aug 28, 2020
What about this as a scenario to explain Summer's disappearance: Her parents had to go into a witness protection programme after testifying and/or providing evidence leading to the conviction of members of the Zane universe's criminal underworld. (It could be that the authorities even went as far as to fake their deaths in order to hide their tracks.) Under these circumstances the nation state would provide the family with new identities, histories, financial support and relocate them somewhere considered safe, quite possibly in a foreign country, and as far as everybody who knew them in the past was concerned they would be off the map forever.

Maybe it's more of a case of Summer's gone into hiding rather than Summer's Gone. :unsure:

Lots of other possibilities exist to explain how Summer could go missing, be assumed dead, but was actually still alive.

Last edited:

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
The one thing I think the dev should do is being more active on Patreon/Twitter etc. Weekly/Fortnightly status updates are not unreasonable.

Also Patreon, the rewards listed for higher tiers, none actually exist from what I saw

Reactions: scalvi

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
What about this as a scenario to explain Summer's disappearance: Her parents had to go into a witness protection programme after testifying and/or providing evidence leading to the conviction of members of the Zane universe's criminal underworld. (It could be that the authorities even went as far as to fake their deaths in order to hide their tracks.) Under these circumstances the nation state would provide the family with new identities, histories, financial support and relocate them somewhere considered safe, quite possibly in a foreign country, and as far as everybody who knew them in the past was concerned they would be off the map forever.

Maybe it's more of a case of Summer's gone into hiding rather than Summer's Gone. :unsure:

Lots of other possibilities exist to explain how Summer could go missing, be assumed dead, but was actually still alive.
I've been saying that maybe Summer's disappearance is due to WIAB, and this works as a possible theory in that regard. We have the whole conspiracy thing going on there, after all.

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
I'm constantly flipping back and forth between the two because of WIAB. If it wasn't for WIAB, I would expect a more grounded, emotional resolution to Summer.
I've never actually played WIAB, I tried to but you can really tell it's ocean's first game.

I made the mistake of playing summer's gone first, expecting the same level of quality from the first game. I think I'll wait for the remade version of WIAB.

Rumplepuss

Aug 28, 2020
I've been saying that maybe Summer's disappearance is due to WIAB, and this works as a possible theory in that regard. We have the whole conspiracy thing going on there, after all.
I think you're right. That's what I've been thinking too based on the titles and look of the VNs. Trouble is we don't yet know when the two stories happened so can't work out how one can affect the other. (They might be happening at the same time or be years apart.) Perhaps some kind of vendetta triggered in WiaB has been raging between two or more criminal families for decades and the MC's parents got killed during the feud, either because they were involved with it personally or just collateral damage caught in the crossfire. :unsure: Damn! These stories must be something special to set people thinking about them like this! I'm so looking forward to discovering what's really been going on and when as future chapters of WiaB, SG and future VNs are released. :p

Hand on heart these tales could be made into a riveting television series or movie with next to no revision or alteration. (y)

Last edited:

forthewins

Feb 5, 2021
yes the engrish needs improvement indeed, and i am not disagreeing with you here just pointing out the inory here!
If you mean the spelling of "Engrish" that was intentional. It's a term to describe things that were poorly translated into English. Though now that I think about it it may only apply to things that were originally Japanese? So therefore we're back to me having made a mistake again. :p

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Warscared

forthewins

Feb 5, 2021
I've never actually played WIAB, I tried to but you can really tell it's ocean's first game.

I made the mistake of playing summer's gone first, expecting the same level of quality from the first game. I think I'll wait for the remade version of WIAB.
I actually just plowed through WIAB since my previous post, haha.

The first few chapters are rough. Nowhere near the same quality. However it totally gets there. The last two chapters are definitely on the same level as Summer's Gone. You can see how much the creator improved as both a writer and at the whole graphics / animation thing.

I did a lot of fast forwarding in the beginning of WIAB just to see if it'd get better as I wasn't interested at all. Once the bar scene comes there's some cool branching that happens from there, and then once the jail scene hit I was legit interested, cause it was totally going in directions I didn't expect. From there it's without a doubt worth playing.

Simon7

Jul 30, 2017

I'm not a fan of the Summer's death theory either, I think there's a subtle hint in the story that Nami was involved in her disappearance. I think cheeto beauty feels guilty about it, so she won't repeat her mistake and interfere in the MC relationship with Bella.
As for Summer's disappearance, I think she'll show up somewhere around chapter 8, right around the time when the MC gets his personal life together and becomes his old self. Summer's appearance will make our hero completely lose his mind :D
Mission Accomplished.

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
I'm not a fan of the Summer's death theory either, I think there's a subtle hint in the story that Nami was involved in her disappearance. I think cheeto beauty feels guilty about it, so she won't repeat her mistake and interfere in the MC relationship with Bella.
As for Summer's disappearance, I think she'll show up somewhere around chapter 8, right around the time when the MC gets his personal life together and becomes his old self. Summer's appearance will make our hero completely lose his mind :D
Mission Accomplished.
When talking with Amber. Doesn't the MC say: It was the last time i have seen her. What i take away from that sentence is that she definitely still alive. Maybe Summer had some shitty parents and she got taken away by CPS or some shit like that. And yeah that definitely means breaking all contact with everyone if she got placed in foster care.

Rammstein1

Aug 26, 2019
When talking with Amber. Doesn't the MC say: It was the last time i have seen her. What i take away from that sentence is that she definitely still alive. Maybe Summer had some shitty parents and she got taken away by CPS or some shit like that. And yeah that definitely means breaking all contact with everyone if she got placed in foster care.
He says something along the lines of "That was the last time i touched her" then Amber says that he saw her one more time, at which point our MC freezes up. To me it looks like MC's brain has built a wall around a certain very traumatic memory of Summer, perhaps also connected to the ride back from the cabin with Officer Louverne(?).

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
Bella is still something special to look at :love:.
She can hate fuck me all day long
Mission Accomplished.
He says something along the lines of "That was the last time i touched her" then Amber says that he saw her one more time, at which point our MC freezes up. To me it looks like MC's brain has built a wall around a certain very traumatic memory of Summer, perhaps also connected to the ride back from the cabin with Officer Louverne(?).
no, learn to read! Nami stated the MC was at the hospital, where they went to visit Victoria, and he was there to see summer! that he can not recall it, is the suppressed memories!
I sure hope she's dead tho or just a non-actor in the future plot because at this point in the game she's nothing more than a mcguffin despite her personality being explored in the flashbacks during therapy sessions with mommy amber.

Unless she's really still alive and grew up to be hot, which is almost always a guarantee, I'm lowkey fine with that

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes