May 8, 2018

Hello,

First of all... I'm so sorry, I fucked up my calendar. I actually thought I had to do the Bi-weekly Log on Thursday.
I made a mistake when I modified my Dev-Log appointments and I didn't realize it until someone mentioned it to me.

Sorry for that!

Current status Chapter 4 short:

- 520 renders

- One cinematic done.

Long version:

We're currently still in the Tabletop session and we will probably stay there for the next 2-3 Dev logs.

Normally, I work with environments that are pre-built. I then customize them in order to give them my own touch.

The Sci-Fi setting is not making it easy for me. Many of the assets are straight up not useable.

Which only leaves me one option. I've got to build many of them myself.

Envi.png

Here's an example. Sadly, Daz is really annoying when it comes to this. There are no array modifiers like in Blender and it's a lot of very mundane work.

Here's the scene after I finished the groundwork and started adding some details. (Still a WIP.)

Preview.png

Here's a different environment:

a3.jpg

The Tabletop session is around 35% of the update. In case you're wondering if we also get some actual RL stuff. As mentioned before, Chapter 4 is quite a bit bigger than the last one.

I enjoy working in this setting but I know it's going to push me to a limit. The things I've planned are beyond anything I've done before.

And I'm looking forward to getting my ass handed to me until I succeed.

As I keep changing and rewriting stuff over and over again for this session, I've come to a point where I can say, that people who like Sonya, will most likely enjoy a few scenes.

a5.jpg

But I don't want to spoiler anything, you'll see for yourself.

2. Workstation and the A6000.

I wanted it to be a surprise but... Well, I actually did try to order the Workstation for 14.000€ but for some reason they didn't want to let me finance it. (I have a perfect credit score (Schufa) and no debt and a little bit of money for safety.)

Sucks. I then ordered the A6000 alone for 5200€ ( 6000$)... but had to cancel it because I learned that you can't have a 3090 (GTX) and an A6000 (Quadro) in the same system.

They use different drivers.

And I certainly don't want to render a 3090 useless by replacing it (WiAB PC is too weak to handle both 3090s.)

I would also have lost some rendering speed. SG currently renders with a 3090 + 2080Ti. More than often just with the 3090 because the Vram exceeds the 11GB of the 2080Ti.

So, it's not worth getting a single A6000 right now. Besides the Vram, I would not benefit from it and even lose speed.

By now it's clear that the new Threadrippers won't come out until 2022.

With the A6000 out of the picture, for now, I did still order a Workstation to increase my work speed.

I now ordered the following things:

- Gigabyte TRX40 Designare Mainboard
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
- 128GB DDR4-3600 RAM
- 1500W Power supply (So I can hook up more and more GPU's)
- 2TB SSD
- 6TB drive
- Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL Big Tower
- Noctua NH Cooling
- ASUS 3090 TUF

Comes in at around 7200€ or 8500$.

I didn't finance the workstation and just bought it cash. As I don't like wasting money, I had enough saved up to comfortably pay it.

Just joking, these big investments still scare the shit out of me and comfortable was out the window.

At the moment, I still have two 2080Ti's just laying around as back-ups. When the Workstation is here, I will move SG to the Workstation and WiAB to the current SG PC.

The old WiAB PC will then be used to render animations.

This increases the number of PCs to 3.

SG PC = 2x 3090s + 1x 2080Ti (Might give the single 2080Ti to WiAB.)
WiAB PC = 1x 3090
Animation PC (Old WiAB) = 2x 2080Ti.

A big chunk of time did always go into test rendering animations for hours and hours. Rendering the PCs useless for hours. (Lots of trial and error.)

The dedicated Animation PC now frees the main PCs from this tedious process and lets me continue working.

Oh, and I have to build the PC myself. So wish me luck. It's my first time.

The next Dev log will be on the 21st (Continuing the old Bi-Weekly.)

Summer tier and above can find three more images in this

Images from above attached at the bottom in HIGH RES

- Ocean

Last edited:

Everia

Aug 5, 2021
OFF-TOPIC on/
She's out of this world (or at least not from one of the Ocean's games). You probably didn't meet her because it's hard to forget someone like her. Her name was burned into my mind with a fire so bright that once you see her no one can save you
Well, I won't restrict you from it. The game is Acting Lessons. Sounds pretty innocent, I know.
you sound so innocent.....you're definitely gonna see a therapist after playing that :LOL:
yes fuck Acting Lessons that game fuck me up
I don't want to say too much but be prepared to have your heart utterly crushed and be mentally scarred for all eternity.
Those posts clearly didn't related to me, and yet I appreciate your recommendation guys.
You are the best salesmen ;)

It's been one hell of a ride..
Especially chapter's 6 ending :eek:
And Leah..
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Journey before destination.
But i managed to get sort of a good ending..

For me it was not just an VN with nice writing, but also an example of mistakes and great decisions an developer can make.
/OFF-TOPIC off

I never thought that people actually can appreciate that much an adult VN without sexual content. (ATM)
I don't like fuckfests. But I love character development and uneasy choices you have to make to develop relationship, before you get payoff.
And deep story only adds to it.
Ocean's example and this community - was exactly what I needed to start an adventure by myself.

Ahx

Jul 9, 2021
OFF-TOPIC on/

Those posts clearly didn't related to me, and yet I appreciate your recommendation guys.
You are the best salesmen ;)

It's been one hell of a ride..
Especially chapter's 6 ending :eek:
And Leah..

Journey before destination.
But i managed to get sort of a good ending..

For me it was not just an VN with nice writing, but also an example of mistakes and great decisions an developer can make.
/OFF-TOPIC off

I never thought that people actually can appreciate that much an adult VN without sexual content. (ATM)
I don't like fuckfests. But I love character development and uneasy choices you have to make to develop relationship, before you get payoff.
And deep story only adds to it.
Ocean's example and this community - was exactly what I needed to start an adventure by myself.
well you're a new fish...all those words you just said are true. and we agree with it especially me .....we normally tend to be exaggerating....really exaggerating....we had a war yesterday and we won...the war was with an intruder who tried to turn us into each other by rating our waifus....but we didn't fall into that foolish trap...we're not that naive and stupid..every team joined forces and fought together and we won......team bella did all the work.....just saying...
see....really exaggerating.

Sep 3, 2020
well you're a new fish...all those words you just said are true. and we agree with it especially me .....we normally tend to be exaggerating....really exaggerating....we had a war yesterday and we won...the war was with an intruder who tried to turn us into each other by rating our waifus....but we didn't fall into that foolish trap...we're not that naive and stupid..every team joined forces and fought together and we won......team bella did all the work.....just saying...
see....really exaggerating.
I will have you know whenever it comes to Bella team bella does not exaggerate we speak facts

Reactions: Ahx
Apr 16, 2021
I can. It will NOT have any fuck fest.

Will always remain story focused game. Realistic fuck fest are almost an oxymoron. This will not be the exception.
I would be more than happy if we have at least one scene with ALL the characters but something tells me it won't be the case.

Apr 16, 2021
The day we see that is the day we know that Ocean has been kidnapped by aliens and replaced by a very low quality replacement.
Aww.. I better start looking for a replacement then.

Jokes aside the story is engaging so far but if it goes too much into school/college bullshit it would get boring for me & I might have to speed up the hunt for a replacement.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I would be more than happy if we have at least one scene with ALL the characters but something tells me it won't be the case.
Let's take baby steps shall we? I think most people here would be ecstatic for a scene with MC getting an erection from someone other than Summer ...

(and if that someone isn't Bella, I have a feeling there is going to be riots)

Icekatana

Jul 9, 2017
I'm brand new to this game and I'm getting ready to start. Quick question: Is the incest patch fan only? Or was this Ocean's original intent, but Patreon got in the way? I'm a stickler for playing a game the way the creator intends, with no censorship. Thanks.

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes