Rumplepuss

Aug 28, 2020
In the dream the MC is lost in at the beginning of Summer's Gone the glowing white flower the MC and Summer see gets replaced by multiple yellow flowers:

screenshot0001.png

Later, on one of the game's paths, after a psychoanalytic session with Amber, she tells the MC to give Bella a yellow flower when they meet on their date:

screenshot0004.png

Which he does:

screenshot0002.png

Significant or coincidental? Could the white glowing flower represent Summer and the multiple yellow ones future girls whom the MC is destined to become involved with in various ways? I kind of think that Ocean might be trying artistically to subtly communicate something here. Or maybe I've become so invested in SG that I'm starting to see symbolism and such like that isn't really there! Shit! This is getting too Freudian and Jungian for comfort and so, with that, I'm going to call it a day 'cause dream analysis ain't my jam and leave that jazz to Amber. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and a flower just a flower I suppose.

Last edited:

_A.QH_

Aug 24, 2021
In the dream the MC is lost in at the beginning of Summer's Gone the glowing white flower gets replaced by multiple yellow flowers:

View attachment 1446256

And on one of the game's paths, after a psychoanalytic session with Amber, she tells the MC to give Bella a yellow flower when they meet at their date:

View attachment 1446279

Which he does:

View attachment 1446270

Significant or coincidental? Could the white glowing flower represent Summer and the multiple yellow ones future girls whom the MC is destined to become involved with in various different ways? I kind of think that Ocean might be trying artistically to subtly communicate something here. Maybe I've become so invested in SG now that I'm seeing symbolism and such like that isn't really there! Shit! This is getting too Freudian and Jungian for comfort and so, with that, I'm going to call it a day 'cause dream analysis just ain't my jam man.
That’s interesting. The MC drops the white flower. The other flowers only start to appear after that

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Warscared

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
In the dream the MC is lost in at the beginning of Summer's Gone the glowing white flower the MC and Summer see gets replaced by multiple yellow flowers:

View attachment 1446256

Later, on one of the game's paths, after a psychoanalytic session with Amber, she tells the MC to give Bella a yellow flower when they meet on their date:

View attachment 1446279

Which he does:

View attachment 1446270

Significant or coincidental? Could the white glowing flower represent Summer and the multiple yellow ones future girls whom the MC is destined to become involved with in various ways? I kind of think that Ocean might be trying artistically to subtly communicate something here. Or maybe I've become so invested in SG that I'm starting to see symbolism and such like that isn't really there! Shit! This is getting too Freudian and Jungian for comfort and so, with that, I'm going to call it a day 'cause dream analysis ain't my jam and leave that jazz to Amber. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and a flower just a flower I suppose.
It is a nice interpretation, but I doubt that he meant something like that.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Oceanlab
Decided to play ch. 3.5 full to see if the interactions with Bella in chapter 2 in case you didn't said her that you gonna "fuck Mario up" or if you said but didn't agreed to go to his house at night were fixed.
It seems it were fixed at basketball regby game, but it still doesn't fixed at convo after class and at Bella house. View attachment 1445687
View attachment 1445688

They still react as if MC agreed to go to Mario and then decieved Bella and didn't go, although we don't have that choice in that case at all.
If you hop on his discord server, he has a bug area where you can report this.

Rumplepuss

Aug 28, 2020
It is a nice interpretation, but I doubt that he meant something like that.
Agreed. I'm 100% sure that I'm not correct but the glowing flowers must be symbolically significant to the MC personally, as such things in dreams invariably are to the dreamer, but unable to work out what this early on in the tale. I imagine the sessions the MC will have regularly with Amber von Halen will slowly, incrementally, unlock these mysteries over time. Or maybe Ocean just likes yellow flowers! The simplest explanation is often the correct one after all. :) It amuses me to mull over such things even though, usually, I end up wide of the mark. ;)

4.30 star(s) 503 Votes