RubenVOLD

Apr 30, 2020
Excellent history line. I just played this game now and I realised last update was in January that was long time ago. I hope this game get updated soon and this Dev its great, nice games.

Cipherdragon

Aug 3, 2019
Excellent history line. I just played this game now and I realised last update was in January that was long time ago. I hope this game get updated soon and this Dev its great, nice games.
Actually he is working on the game right now as we speak, he said he will focus on Summers Gone after finishing the update for WIAB. Kind regards my fellow wankers xD

drcynic22

Dec 5, 2018
My thoughts.. although the Dev is focussed on his other game and it is clicking well... IE Patreon support is double of this one.. I feel this game will end up surpassing 'Where it all began' in the end. The dark start of this one coupled with the beautiful rendors has me just sitting back and wishing for more. Not going to talk about individual charactor's positives and negatives. Honestly the DEVs work is so high above the vast majority of DEVs that trying to point anything out would be hypocritical.

Don't really know what to add without Kowtowing and chanting "We're not worthy" Really can't wait til the day I hear "Well you've given me the support I need and this is now my full time job." I see both games going to STEAM and Oceanlab reaping his just rewards. Can't get much more on point then this. Kudos to a master storyteller.
It seems kind of unfair to me that this game has half the patreon support of Where It All Began. This game is two chapters in and I thought it was absolutely fantastic. I played Where It All Began and didn't like it at all. It definitely wasn't for me in comparison to this game. My hope is the audience eventually sees this game's quality enough that it will get Oceanlab to focus more on this one.

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
It seems kind of unfair to me that this game has half the patreon support of Where It All Began. This game is two chapters in and I thought it was absolutely fantastic. I played Where It All Began and didn't like it at all. It definitely wasn't for me in comparison to this game. My hope is the audience eventually sees this game's quality enough that it will get Oceanlab to focus more on this one.

Even if WiAB would have 150$ support and SG a few thousand. I still wouldn't give one game more time than the other.

Money is not the driving force here. It's my passion for stories and even tho SG seems to be more liked, WiAB is still my baby.
Both games get an equal amount of love from me.

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
Hmm, that piques my interest. I don't remember anything about history in this game? It has been a while since I played that game. But if there is some lines about that subject, I would appreciate that as someone who is a history major. I am guessing from a class in the school during the game? :unsure:

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
My thoughts.. although the Dev is focussed on his other game and it is clicking well... IE Patreon support is double of this one.. I feel this game will end up surpassing 'Where it all began' in the end. The dark start of this one coupled with the beautiful rendors has me just sitting back and wishing for more. Not going to talk about individual charactor's positives and negatives. Honestly the DEVs work is so high above the vast majority of DEVs that trying to point anything out would be hypocritical.

Don't really know what to add without Kowtowing and chanting "We're not worthy" Really can't wait til the day I hear "Well you've given me the support I need and this is now my full time job." I see both games going to STEAM and Oceanlab reaping his just rewards. Can't get much more on point then this. Kudos to a master storyteller.
Pretty much what I was saying in where you quoted me :) Both games are beautiful.. Summer's Gone just pulls me in ever so much more then the more advanced Where it all began..

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
The story I heard, somebody correct me please, is that while Summer's Gone GAME development was not started by Ocean, the story was still written by him, and it was the production of the game that somebody else started, eventually "returning it" to Ocean for reasons I don't know.

I think the reason why is easier to get attached to SG that WIAB is the moment the stories start. In WIAB you start in the middle of a conflict potentially unrelated to you and you just get involved by your sister. Then, without any hint whatsoever, the story changes and, for reasons still unknown, you are the main guy receiving the fire.
Meanwhile, SG starts with a broken protagonists and things that happen, which are still kind of unrelated to him, are more easily interpreted as MC trying to get a grasp on his life, by interacting with others.

My guess is that with the rework a lot of what is going on with WIAB MC will feel more similar to SG MC. A kind of broken guy, trying to cope with his past, that is once again under fire.

The very big question is how are the stories related. I am still hoping for a situation that totally shifts our perception of characters and event. Maybe even old friends becoming enemies and things like that.

Last edited:

Yamura

Mar 14, 2019
“I think the reason why is easier to get attached to SG that WIAB is the moment the story starts. In WIAB you start in the middle of a conflict potentially unrelated to you and you just get involved by your sister. Then, the story changes and, for reasons still unknown, you are the main guy receiving the fire.
Meanwhile, SG starts with a broken protagonists and things that happen, which are still kind of unrelated to him, are more easily interpreted.....”

Yeah I think you are on to the main theme where MC’s love of his life is taken from him under mysterious circumstances and he’s emotionally shattered. The new characters he meets are also emotionally or physically broken themselves, and it’s up to the MC to either help them and in so doing maybe heal himself a little, or exploit them. And since we all expect Summer to re-appear, what choices will the MC then face?

Reactions: Ayhsel

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Do people really expect Summer to reappear? I was going with she is dead. I mean the way the MC acts/reacts when in the hospital and the whole "hasn't been there since what happened to Summer" made me think she died in the same hospital that Victoria was in.

And while we are at it I still feel that Victoria recovered from getting hit by a car too quickly. As in she was hit by a car, then in two days she's in school. I hate to suggest a rework but that needs a rework.

Going with she's dead also, think the hospital thing with the MC was more of a mental reason for him being there then her being dead... But think there could be a 'shock' factor involved in the 'who dun it' aspect as things go on. Either that or the shock is... when things are going good for the MC and he's finally getting on with life and love he gets slammed in the face with something like. "They found Summer, she was there the whole time.."

Victoria Timeline:
Victoria's accident could just be moved forward in time say a month or two.. giving her the time to make it a bit more realistic on her school appearance without a lot of major changes.

Reactions: MrFriendly

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
Didn't the MC say somewhere "They took her away"?
I assumed first too that she is dead but this line makes the 'might be dead' part a bit unlikely. :unsure:

Yeah, the Victoria hospital scene is a bit weird. "She is in surgery." A few minutes later she roles in, in a wheelchair, and is awake and happy. Even for fiction, this is somewhat confusing. Bad time setting for this part, I guess.

I think I don't try to make sense over this and just go with it. :)

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Very good story and great character development so far, with top-notch renders.

The character that attracts me the most is the sister, worried about MC getting better and out of her depression, as every good sister should be.

I know that inevitably there is going to be a lot of pressure to turn her into a LI, but I hope I can get a path where she stays as she is now, a crazy and supportive sister.

Warhawk1

Apr 30, 2019
Very good story and great character development so far, with top-notch renders.

The character that attracts me the most is the sister, worried about MC getting better and out of her depression, as every good sister should be.

I know that inevitably there is going to be a lot of pressure to turn her into a LI, but I hope I can get a path where she stays as she is now, a crazy and supportive sister.
Pretty sure she is a LI already

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
Lately - due to having too much free time - I'm checking out random games that I wouldn't normally play and I tend to leave a word of appreciation when I find some of them really fun and/or interesting. And I do find Summer's Gone quite interesting indeed. Mostly because MC is really fun to play as. The moment when I could emotionessly shot a gun I knew I want to stick around for more to see who he is and can/will be. The dialogues are really interesting, the story too, there seems to be fair amount of branching options and LIs (although on this front I prefer WIAB; unfortunately - while character wise very nicely written - I find the girls in SG somewhat bland visually and mostly similar to each other), so I had fun checking various routes if only for the sake of seeing what dialogue options I'll have.

The only thing I found weird was that during the break-in with Bella they didn't use any masks. I get that she knew where the cameras are, but when doing smth like that there are always possibilities of smth unexpected happening (which did happen) and it's simply - imo - a common sense to cover one's face during such activities..

Also,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ghostredneck

May 26, 2020
Wow, Fantastic writing! No sex in the story didnt bother, Loved the loss angle although Summer's fate is unclear but the loss for the MC was clear in Ch 1 cant wait for update!!

Yuno Gasai

Developer of "Acquainted"
GFX Designer
Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019
Really liked the story so far (y)
My fav girl rn would be Bella :love: (i think i'll be in minority for that but her story progression and random breakouts makes her the most alluring so far ;))
while waiting for Ch3, gonna try Where It All Began. Heard some real good words about that one as well.
Great Work OceanLab (y)(y)

Reactions: Ghostredneck

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I talked with Ocean and I will be doing the walkthroughs for both his games, so I thought I would do this one, since it will update next. Enjoy!

Edit: Updated to Chapter 2

You can find this and all my other content here:

Or you can:

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 502 Votes