barflyguy

Feb 13, 2018
Interested to see where this is going to go.....so far not looking good for the MC to avoid sticking his D in crazy....

kevalen

Apr 13, 2019
Interested to see where this is going to go.....so far not looking good for the MC to avoid sticking his D in crazy....
MC is pretty far down that path himself, so I'm not sure if that would make it better or worse. Does adding crazy to crazy make it or more crazy, or do they cancel each other out?

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
If you select shoot her, he actually tries to kill her, but the gun had blanks, which he did not know prior to pulling the trigger... That is basically attempted murder... I think you are missing my point...

This VN/Game offers and shows story content that is very dark, not just melancholy dark, but murder like darkness... And that was all that I was saying... And I do not like VN/Games that offer up that type of darkness, optional or not... The fact it exists at all in the VN/Game, makes the actual intensions of the author irrelevant... It is what it is... And both myself, and I'm sure plenty of others would agree it's not something they want to feel immersed in... Why would I want to play a character that wants to murder someone, at all... I don't... No matter if he actually planned to go through with it or not... He talked about murder (no choice there) and then is offered a chance to murder... Plain and simple... This will be my last response regarding this, as a continued discussion of this specific topic would just lead to derailing the thread... Again, I wish the developers the best of luck...

Zip
We don't even know what the canon (or official story) path will be. Will that involve shooting her or not? Until the developer declared as such, I personally think it is an overreaction. One way to see this is a form of multi-verse, where there are potentially infinite number of universes out there and there may be same person doing things differently.

Just because a person talked about murder doesn't mean he will automatically try to kill someone. We were presented with different options which presented different possible paths. One was to act on that impulse. Other one was not to act on that impulse.

Frankly, like I said, I think this is an overreaction. It is indeed dark but since we have a possible path where he doesn't have to attempt a murder, I am not really concerned at all. It is one thing to talk about murder but an entirely different thing to actually do it. You are not obligated to go with that option to attempt murder. And I am sure the developer probably know that not everyone would like to go attempted murder as that other option seem to suggest.

Interesting, though, that you say the woman's gun had blanks. I wonder why? Perhaps she had the gun as a way to intimidate someone should a situation call for it but not to actually kill someone. This may even explain why she did not fired at all. It seem to indicate her reluctance to employ violence, hence the blanks that would not kill someone.

Also, when you say blanks, I often think of their uses in the film industry but she is probably not moonlighting as an actress or something. Who knows, we may find out more about that. However, I suspect that this professor (as the car lady at the accident turned out to be) is another potential relationship character and I suspect that once the relationship, if there is ever going to be one, progressed sufficiently, she may explain about her guns at some point and perhaps make her background a bit more clearer. But I think getting such a relationship up to that level would require a great deal of building the trust, obviously. And I think it would also require the MC to break a bit more out of his so-called "shell" as his sister Nami put it.

I think it is more likely that this relationship may only happen if the MC had not actually fired a gun at her. I am not certain how the relationship would work had she been fired at but it would be much more difficult work, for sure. It almost sounds like this option leads to a potential domination path since apparently she treated the MC better in the class from what I read somewhere if she had been shot at but it is too early to say for sure about what that will led to exactly.

In any case, I prefer romance path where possible or at least try to mellow out the MC, basically easing him out of his own shell as much as possible.

In any case, I think it is premature to determine where the decisions will lead to precisely as this is only first chapter.

Reactions: Jimbog

Deleted member 1070533

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2018
Exactly.

The game doesn't force you to shoot her. So if people call the MC a psycho murderer.. well you make the decisions and I have news for you :)
Yes, he talks very dark to the girl on the ground, about ending her pain etc. This is due to his current state of mind. You'll be able to change that.

The beginning is very dark indeed. But what do you expect from a traumatized guy. At the beginning he's in a very bad state of mind.
And of course it will be possible to get him to the "light" side.

But I don't just think in Black and White. I've seen many games whose choices are just "Be bad" - "Be nice". And I don't want that.. I like it grey.

But I can say so much.. If you shoot at her, it will have consequences. But not only that, it may also help you in the future.
And the future relationship will still be possible.

It's up to the player if the game will be dark or lovely.

And I've read something about that smoking is totally unsexy and what the fuck did I think.

It was never supposed to be sexy. It's just a "bad" part of these characters. (I wouldn't date a smoker in rl.)

This won't be a game where everyone is lovely and perfect. People will have flaws. Live with them, try to change them or leave.

But anyways, I am very happy about most of the comments. This boosts my motivation.

Edit:

Oh and about the black police officer. It was on purpose that she was off duty.
She's more like a friend to the family of Summer and the MC.

I gave her fancy clothes to show that even if she has a date, she would look after those kids.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
I will also add that upon a replay I kind of got a "Acting lessons style Redhead killed the girlfriend" vibe off Nami when she was CLEARLY jealous during the eraser flashback scene. Not to mention she's the one who called the cop on them in the Prologue scene, trying to get them caught and brought home.

Maderyx

Feb 26, 2018
For the Situation with the Car Lady/Professor i would love a 3rd option. To aim at her arm/shouler or leg and shoot.

The MC was clearly just having a monologue with himself about how easy it would to slit the girl and end her misery. But this car lady pulls a gun on the MC just because of words? Shes actually threating to kill the MC while he was talking to himself.
So after disarming her i would have shot her in a non vital area like the extremities.
Aiming at her head is slightly too much but i can see where the MC is coming from.

Also the word Psychopath is thrown around to easily.
A Psychopath doesnt feel remorse&empathy. But the MC clearly calculated states that he could end her life to spare her from the Pain she will suffer when she wakes up again. Its messed up but clearly shows Empathy for her but i dont think he would regret it if he really went through with it so hes atleast missing remorse.
Alos suicidal i can totally see. He just walked closer to the Lady pointing a Gun at him and he probably didnt feel anything. Calmly took the gun and threw it away or used it against her again not showing any remorse.

Really like the game so far and how dark the story is. Its 18+ allready so not going cookie cutter just fuck everyone is really refreshing and also somewhat relatable. If someone doesnt like it. well there hundreds of other games out there that will suit their taste more.

My biggest gripe with the game is constant empty textboxes and black screens. having to advance (left click or space) 3 times for 1 word thats in the middle of the screen is really annoying. and overall the empty textboxes made you advance twice for allmost every single line in the game.
That still couldnt keep from playing tho (like some other games) because the dark story/writing was just too good.
Story is the most important part for me and this Story isnt like all the others and really intriguing.

Edit:
Mila i can allready see as a romance option. Shes messed up in her own way with her friends suicide.
really shown in her reaction to the School Shooter Joke the MC does. Those 2 would just click together. and she would probably understand him the most and helps him or they help eachother to some degree. Or the MC pulls her down with him.
I can see at least 3 potential paths for her and cant way to see what paths will actually be in the game later.

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
That's probably the best scenery I've seen in one of these games.
The characters look pretty good (although a bit cartoonish to me.)
Nice story so far.
Looking forward to seeing more of this unfold.

I'm guessing we'll see just how crazy the MC's sister is when she retaliates for the uniform prank. Right now it just seems like she is obsessively possessive of the MC, and was upset that he was interested in Summer. That said, she also seems a bit batshit crazy, so her idea of retaliation might involve someone hanging from a tree with their skin missing.

I didn't have any problem with the "Shoot Her" or "Throw the Gun Away" player choice. The MC is so clearly stuck in his own head that he doesn't even realize when he's thinking aloud, so those options seem reasonable. Almost all of the player choices seemed reasonable. There was one where there were 3 options and I didn't think any of them were appropriate ("Be Rude", "Insensitive Joke", or "Say Nothing Just Stare") so I tried all three and rolled back to the result I liked best... or at least the result that I disliked the least.

Did anyone else name the unnamed character, "Autumn" since Summer is gone?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Robert Monotoli

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Really enjoying the game so far... but God damn this MC is as whiny and emo as they come. Talk about being melodramatic! Hopefully he becomes a little more likable at some point.

Reactions: Minicactus

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
For the Situation with the Car Lady/Professor i would love a 3rd option. To aim at her arm/shouler or leg and shoot.

The MC was clearly just having a monologue with himself about how easy it would to slit the girl and end her misery. But this car lady pulls a gun on the MC just because of words? Shes actually threating to kill the MC while he was talking to himself.
So after disarming her i would have shot her in a non vital area like the extremities.
Aiming at her head is slightly too much but i can see where the MC is coming from.

Also the word Psychopath is thrown around to easily.
A Psychopath doesnt feel remorse&empathy. But the MC clearly calculated states that he could end her life to spare her from the Pain she will suffer when she wakes up again. Its messed up but clearly shows Empathy for her but i dont think he would regret it if he really went through with it so hes atleast missing remorse.
Alos suicidal i can totally see. He just walked closer to the Lady pointing a Gun at him and he probably didnt feel anything. Calmly took the gun and threw it away or used it against her again not showing any remorse.

Really like the game so far and how dark the story is. Its 18+ allready so not going cookie cutter just fuck everyone is really refreshing and also somewhat relatable. If someone doesnt like it. well there hundreds of other games out there that will suit their taste more.

My biggest gripe with the game is constant empty textboxes and black screens. having to advance (left click or space) 3 times for 1 word thats in the middle of the screen is really annoying. and overall the empty textboxes made you advance twice for allmost every single line in the game.
That still couldnt keep from playing tho (like some other games) because the dark story/writing was just too good.
Story is the most important part for me and this Story isnt like all the others and really intriguing.

Edit:
Mila i can allready see as a romance option. Shes messed up in her own way with her friends suicide.
really shown in her reaction to the School Shooter Joke the MC does. Those 2 would just click together. and she would probably understand him the most and helps him or they help eachother to some degree. Or the MC pulls her down with him.
I can see at least 3 potential paths for her and cant way to see what paths will actually be in the game later.
just saying that not everybody know how to use a gun perfectly. and as simple as it may look, if you dont have a minimum training at guns, you have extremly high chance to not target correctly an arm ,legs or even shoulder.
shooting an arm is very tricky, shooting shoulder can be dangerous and mortal if you miss. same goes for shooting a legs in wich you can easily hit the femoral artery , wich result in a death quickly enougth.

ya must be cops, military or gun trained. as for walking on someone armed without fear or anything... definitly some kind of professional. even a 40 years experienced cops wont do that XD, its better and less dangerous to ask the person to drop the gun before trying anything too close. (never know how someone will react, and pulling the trigger cost half a seconde)

Maderyx

Feb 26, 2018
just saying that not everybody know how to use a gun perfectly. and as simple as it may look, if you dont have a minimum training at guns, you have extremly high chance to not target correctly an arm ,legs or even shoulder.
shooting an arm is very tricky, shooting shoulder can be dangerous and mortal if you miss. same goes for shooting a legs in wich you can easily hit the femoral artery , wich result in a death quickly enougth.

ya must be cops, military or gun trained. as for walking on someone armed without fear or anything... definitly some kind of professional. even a 40 years experienced cops wont do that XD, its better and less dangerous to ask the person to drop the gun before trying anything too close. (never know how someone will react, and pulling the trigger cost half a seconde)
not saying shooting someone into extremities wouldnt be without risk too kill em. just much less likely. especially at that distance. he held that gun allmost point blank at her head.

so far it really looks like your choices matter for how messed up the MC really is. and thats id like a 3rd Option there.
  1. Shoot = completely messed up
  2. shoot at her extremities = pretty messed up but shows real signs of taking calculated actions which might the worst possible choice or be the real middleground. it all would depend on whats the thoughtprocess behind it.
  3. throw the Gun away = still messed up but doesnt want to hurt others like that.

If you get what im saying.

about training and just walking up against her while she points the gun at him. he just doesnt give a fuck. he gave up on life.
but still shows that its also calculated. shes really afraid and probably shivering while pointing at him. he sees that. and probably thinks that turned the odds of her actually pulling the trigger in his favor but even if she did he wouldnt care and maybe even wants her to do it. thats why he can just calmly walk closer and take her gun away. 0 Training needed for this to play out the way it did.

stanley tucci

Apr 2, 2018
The renders are nice and the story could go somewhere interesting. The main girl's cute, too, if a little obsessive. I wish the MC wasn't quite so emo and the typos weren't as common but both can be fixed. Pretty good for a first release

Reactions: Minicactus

FlipTopBin

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
The good: Gentle sad story well written if not overly original. Art is mostly good.

The bad: very harsh shadows, try not using the "point" setting for spotlights and use fill lights. Be carefull of clothing poke through, the doctor in the hospitals top is very weird. Finally, the text box at the bottom of the screen is quite distracting when you just have a sequence of art with no dialogue so use the "window hide" command when you don't need it and "window auto" to bring it back again when needed.

Reactions: Hyped

Hyped

Jan 14, 2018
Exactly.

The game doesn't force you to shoot her. So if people call the MC a psycho murderer.. well you make the decisions and I have news for you :)
Yes, he talks very dark to the girl on the ground, about ending her pain etc. This is due to his current state of mind. You'll be able to change that.

The beginning is very dark indeed. But what do you expect from a traumatized guy. At the beginning he's in a very bad state of mind.
And of course it will be possible to get him to the "light" side.

But I don't just think in Black and White. I've seen many games whose choices are just "Be bad" - "Be nice". And I don't want that.. I like it grey.

But I can say so much.. If you shoot at her, it will have consequences. But not only that, it may also help you in the future.
And the future relationship will still be possible.

It's up to the player if the game will be dark or lovely.

And I've read something about that smoking is totally unsexy and what the fuck did I think.

It was never supposed to be sexy. It's just a "bad" part of these characters. (I wouldn't date a smoker in rl.)

This won't be a game where everyone is lovely and perfect. People will have flaws. Live with them, try to change them or leave.

But anyways, I am very happy about most of the comments. This boosts my motivation.

Edit:

Oh and about the black police officer. It was on purpose that she was off duty.
She's more like a friend to the family of Summer and the MC.

I gave her fancy clothes to show that even if she has a date, she would look after those kids.
Did this dev just throw a morality punch at the player? You placed that choice as obvious bait. The player probably thought it was a joke, and then the psychopath dialogue plays out. Mc shouldn't be in school. This whole vn should play out in a fun Legion like mental ward.

Problem is there may be a story here, its just terribly told. You've added lots of backstory and context in your head "cop is off duty" which isn't communicated to the player. It's a mess.

Hyped

Jan 14, 2018
I will also add that upon a replay I kind of got a "Acting lessons style Redhead killed the girlfriend" vibe off Nami when she was CLEARLY jealous during the eraser flashback scene. Not to mention she's the one who called the cop on them in the Prologue scene, trying to get them caught and brought home.
Got that "inspired by Acting Lessons" psychodrama vibe too. Though, have to appreciate Pink for caring for his audience and delivering those fap scenes while telling an original story that made sense from the start.

snarrff

Feb 8, 2018
dark but interesting, liking the story so far, I'm thinking the blonde cheerleader should be more best friend mentor type she seems to be able to see the MC for who he is, but ya great story will be looking for the updates

LazyPanda

May 9, 2017
And... another nice Visual Novel, let's hope developer doesn't get burnt out, or hurricanes and stuff...
sry if i'm being cold, this VN brought my dark mood up and it feels really good actually.
GL Sir/Madam/Apachi Helicopter with your beautiful project.

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
I did pointed out in my earlier post the apparent jealousy from Nami in that eraser scene but I completely forgot about the fact she called the police on them in the Prologue scene. Good catch.

That being said, these observations does seem to point to Nami as someone possibly responsible for Summer's disappearance. If she was, it is possible that she had Summer killed or simply kidnapped and locked up. As far as I know, the MC did not elaborated further on the nature of Summer's disappearance in Chapter One so all we know right now was the fact Summer disappeared, nothing more.

In any case, if Nami was in fact responsible for Summer's disappearance, it would present an interesting dilemma for the MC. Recall that, after an argument scene at the hospital, the MC told Nami that she was all he had and he doesn't want to be alone without her. Were the MC discover that Nami was in fact responsible for Summer's disappearance, he may find himself conflicted between turning her in to the police and protecting her because she is his sister and his only blood relative (it is not clear if we will see any other blood relative such as aunt or uncle, cousins, whatsoever later in the game). It is not unheard of for some people to try to protect their relatives even though they knew he or she had committed a crime. However, the fact that victim happen to be the MC's girlfriend may present the complications.

In fact, if Nami did indeed murdered Summer, then that would be ironic considering the debate we have had about the MC and his homicidal impulses lately. This may make Nami look worse than the MC or maybe just as worse as him. Adding further complication is that since they are both blood relatives, the idea that both have homicidal impulses suggests somewhat a pattern in the family (there are known cases of murderers in several generations of a family). Adding further uncertainty is the fact that MC's and Nami's parents had been killed but the MC did not elaborated further on the circumstances. Could it have been murder-suicide?

Indeed, this is only getting more mysterious and interesting now I think about it. Can't wait to see the next chapter to find out more.

lTTMl

Aug 7, 2017
Little coincidence. I called the girl of the incident 'Saya', the name fits him very well, and a little later, I learn that his big sister is called 'Maja'... :cool:

Mar 18, 2019
That was much shorter than expected. Most renders were just tiny movements, this felt more like a slideshow than any other vn I've played for some reason.

Did some counting, there's 25 renders on average that are tiny variants of the same image. So you have about 25 unique shots and a vn that finishes in about 10 minutes. Another great example proving render count means nothing.
Lol which games you like huh??
:sneaky::p

Reactions: Hyped
4.40 star(s) 494 Votes