Cokebaths

May 30, 2020

Hello,

This post puts the update on 70% finished.
This time a smaller Dev Log because I spent the last weeks only rendering and learning Blender.

In the last 3 weeks I rendered around 2150 renders for animations and yesterday I finished two "smaller" cinematics.
Which puts the render count on around 3200 in total now.
I now have to do one smaller cinematic and the slightly more challenging end cinematic.
And the rest of the stills, which is easy.

The total update will most likely go way over 5000 renders in total and at least 1000 of them are still renders.

And even with two PC's it still takes too long to call it "acceptable".
I am glad that I made the decision to cut the updates in half.

I am already doing 24/7 rendering but I will have to wait till I have a lot more power to go back on these bigger updates again and do them in a fraction of this time.

I am also making some huge improvements in Blender and I might even do future cinematics in Blender which would put every Daz animation to shame. (Ch4 and above).

Of all the renders I rendered since the last post I can only show like 5% because on almost all of them are the new classmates or it displays an "important" event.

One of the 8 new classmates will be previewed here today.
All of them have fleshed out stories that I was preparing before I released the first version of WiAB.
I am glad it's finally time to introduce them.

Let's cut right to the chase.
I will not showcase the other characters but I decided to show a first impression of her.

I cannot say anything about her because this would take away from the journey I am preparing. You will have to experience her yourself and draw your own conclusions.

As I am scrolling through my old renders, you can see that from update to update my style and approach changed and I was never really satisfied.. and to be honest, I will never be satisfied.

But what I like is a cinematic approach. Setting the scene into a certain mood while complementing it with the right music.
Sadly, Daz is very limiting in that regard and I am constantly hitting the "Daz just can't do this" line but I am trying to press out of Daz what I can till I finally swap completely to Blender.

As I already said in the last dev log, Chapter 3 will set a lot of gears in motion and the first small bonds can be created.

I was hesitating if I should show off such a render here but I decided to do it as she is a desired girl and this render here still leaves the mystery intact.

I would love to preview one of the cinematics I finished here because the lyrics there would perfectly sum up Chapter 3.
But, this cinematic shows way too much for a preview.

There will be a Dev Log #6 with some previews but after that, I will release the update.

Thank you for putting your trust in me during these unpredictable times.
Have a good day!

- Ocean
:)
Yoo this is exciting. Can't wait to see the finished product :D

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019

Hello,

This time a smaller Dev Log because I spent the last weeks only rendering and learning Blender.

In the last 3 weeks I rendered around 2150 renders for animations and yesterday I finished two "smaller" cinematics.
I now have to do one smaller cinematic and the slightly more challenging end cinematic.

The total update will most likely go way over 5000 renders in total and at least 1000 of them are still renders.

I am already doing 24/7 rendering but I will have to wait till I have a lot more power to go back on these bigger updates again and do them in a fraction of this time.

I am also making some huge improvements in Blender and I might even do future cinematics in Blender which would put every Daz animation to shame. (Ch4 and above).

Of all the renders I rendered since the last post I can only show like 5% because on almost all of them are the new classmates or it displays an "important" event.

All of them have fleshed out stories that I was preparing before I released the first version of WiAB.

I will not showcase the other characters but I decided to show a first impression of her.

I cannot say anything about her because this would take away from the journey I am preparing. You will have to experience her yourself and draw your own conclusions.

As I am scrolling through my old renders, you can see that from update to update my style and approach changed and I was never really satisfied.. and to be honest, I will never be satisfied.

But what I like is a cinematic approach. Setting the scene into a certain mood while complementing it with the right music.
Sadly, Daz is very limiting in that regard and I am constantly hitting the "Daz just can't do this" line but I am trying to press out of Daz what I can till I finally swap completely to Blender.

As I already said in the last dev log, Chapter 3 will set a lot of gears in motion and the first small bonds can be created.

I was hesitating if I should show off such a render here but I decided to do it as she is a desired girl and this render here still leaves the mystery intact.

I would love to preview one of the cinematics I finished here because the lyrics there would perfectly sum up Chapter 3.

There will be a Dev Log #6 with some previews but after that, I will release the update.

Have a good day!

- Ocean
New breathtaking redhead incoming. By the power of Aphrodite, I summon thee, MrFriendly

Last edited:

Game Bond

Nov 20, 2019

Hello,

Have a good day!

- Ocean
Ocean Always delivers quality content!
Thank you Englen.

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
Does Oceanlab have 2 pateons? The one here is different from the other game Where it all Began

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Does Oceanlab have 2 pateons? The one here is different from the other game Where it all Began
yep, he has two patreons.
he got second patreon/game (SG) as the original dev (regium) dropped it to him.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Can you change the Names of your Mom? Nojiko seems like a weird name.
Nojiko seems normal to me.
Just a perfectly fine western female name, such as Goo, Jee, Mio, Asuka and many other names you could usually find in the western hemisphere.
Btw, why "Nojiko" is worse name than "Nami"(for sister)?
Just name yourself/mc Riku, Genkei, Haru....and you are good to go.
The real problem are other misplaced weird names - Victoria, Mila, Maria...wth.
And those weird caucasian's physiognomies wth.
It would feel much more natural with honey select models...the immersion would be much better there.

Sfighez

Oct 13, 2018
I don't see the problem with that, the mc was adopted if i remember correctly... :unsure:
And i tink that when we go foward in the story, more close you get with her, more you are going to call her mom or "LandLady" :ROFLMAO:

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
I just played through the first two chapters (after replaying WIAB again). As is usual for this dev, there is great story-telling, amazing renders and actual emotional scenes. That being said I really tried to play an uninvolved, asshole who just wants to be left alone with his pain and it's not possible. So after being mean to everyone and trying to distance myself, yeah not being allowed to do that :)
As MrFriendly pointed out some aspects of the Bella storyline seem very contrived for this stage of the story (specifically trusting Bella to the extent that he is being involved in some complicated plot to hurt her neighbours). So far Bella has played a rather mean prank on his sister, is a rich spoiled brat who treats people exactly like Mila (who is the reason the MC is upset with the neighbour anyway) and rather aggressively kneed me in the balls to the point I had to go to the nurse's office. Yeah, not showing alot to bring trust there. Personally I would have done everything I could to destroy her but then again maybe I'm just evil :)

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes