Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
You have to start over. Also it is only a beta, if you have little time right now wait 2 or 3 weeks for the full release. Plus delete all mods as they are not up to date - at least for the beta - and there where some issues. I only know this second hand because I don't use mods.
The Scrappy Mod is up to date now.

Reactions: Old Man Al

mitymity

Apr 29, 2021
Chapter 4 Final - Bibi Log 1/1

Hello,

So... It's been a week since the release of the BETA, and I am around 200/600 renders into the last segment of the Chapter 1 overhaul.
For those that don't know, it's planned to put Summer's Gone on Steam with Chapter 5.
And for this, I'm polishing/reworking the first Chapter, and parts of Chapter 2. (College.)

When Chapter 1 was developed, Regium and I did split the load with around 60/40. Some of the old renders were made by me and the earlier part of the hospital by him.
As my experience grew and my developer mind expanded.
New attributes like immersion became very important to me, I knew things had to change.
Originally, I wanted to do this after Season 1 had been finished. But the game needs to be in good shape for the Steam release.
The first impression is important.

I prepared a few comparisons. (All renders are attached in High Res down below.)

Old
unnamed.jpg
New
unnamed (1).jpg
Old
unnamed (2).jpg
New
unnamed (3).jpg
This was when they prepared to head to the hospital.
The dialogue has also been adjusted.
In the old Chapter 1, the scene immediately switches to the hospital.
The new one offers more interaction with their environment and includes the drive to the hospital.
unnamed (4).jpg
The hospital itself also offers new interactions to increase immersion, etc.
Old
unnamed (5).jpg
New
unnamed (6).jpg
Back to the comparisons
Old
unnamed (7).jpg
New
unnamed (8).jpg
Now we get to the biggest issue.
I started to absolutely hate the first interaction with Maja and Victoria. Besides the fact that Maja's Ch1 model is atrocious... No emotions whatsoever were portrayed during this scene.
Old
unnamed (9).jpg
New
unnamed (10).jpg
Old
unnamed (11).jpg
New
unnamed (12).jpg
This scene has a completely different atmosphere now.
Old
unnamed (13).jpg
New
unnamed (14).jpg
Old
unnamed (15).jpg
New
unnamed (16).jpg
Old
unnamed (17).jpg
New
unnamed (18).jpg
Old
unnamed (19).jpg
New
unnamed (20).jpg
I also added something new to this scene. It's MC-related and brings some more attention to something Nami mentions earlier... "You were here before..."

The hospital scenes are mostly the same. Some adjustments have been made. A few new scenes were added.
The biggest change to Chapter 1 comes now.

The college part has been entirely rewritten. The first meeting with Jeff, Mila, etc. is completely different.
I won't be making another Bibi Log, I am just here to tell you guys that the final will be released in around 2-3 weeks.
And then we'll get to Chapter 4.5. (The newly made Chapter 1 will then fit in nicely with Chapter 4.5. (Due to Vic and Maja)).

And a big thanks to all the new Patreons!
And an even bigger thanks to those who have been with me through thick and thin. (Mostly thick, if we consider the bootys in SG.)
All these improvements and the much more effective work system wouldn't have been possible without you guys!

You're a very important part of this game and I am glad you guys/girls are with me on this journey.

- Ocean

/////////////////////////////////////////////

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2020
Chapter 4 Final - Bibi Log 1/1

Hello,

So... It's been a week since the release of the BETA, and I am around 200/600 renders into the last segment of the Chapter 1 overhaul.
For those that don't know, it's planned to put Summer's Gone on Steam with Chapter 5.
And for this, I'm polishing/reworking the first Chapter, and parts of Chapter 2. (College.)

When Chapter 1 was developed, Regium and I did split the load with around 60/40. Some of the old renders were made by me and the earlier part of the hospital by him.
As my experience grew and my developer mind expanded.
New attributes like immersion became very important to me, I knew things had to change.
Originally, I wanted to do this after Season 1 had been finished. But the game needs to be in good shape for the Steam release.
The first impression is important.

I prepared a few comparisons. (All renders are attached in High Res down below.)

Old
View attachment 1856407
New
View attachment 1856406
Old
View attachment 1856405
New
View attachment 1856404
This was when they prepared to head to the hospital.
The dialogue has also been adjusted.
In the old Chapter 1, the scene immediately switches to the hospital.
The new one offers more interaction with their environment and includes the drive to the hospital.
View attachment 1856403
The hospital itself also offers new interactions to increase immersion, etc.
Old
View attachment 1856402
New
View attachment 1856401
Back to the comparisons
Old
View attachment 1856400
New
View attachment 1856399
Now we get to the biggest issue.
I started to absolutely hate the first interaction with Maja and Victoria. Besides the fact that Maja's Ch1 model is atrocious... No emotions whatsoever were portrayed during this scene.
Old
View attachment 1856398
New
View attachment 1856397
Old
View attachment 1856396
New
View attachment 1856395
This scene has a completely different atmosphere now.
Old
View attachment 1856394
New
View attachment 1856393
Old
View attachment 1856392
New
View attachment 1856391
Old
View attachment 1856390
New
View attachment 1856389
Old
View attachment 1856388
New
View attachment 1856387
I also added something new to this scene. It's MC-related and brings some more attention to something Nami mentions earlier... "You were here before..."

The hospital scenes are mostly the same. Some adjustments have been made. A few new scenes were added.
The biggest change to Chapter 1 comes now.

The college part has been entirely rewritten. The first meeting with Jeff, Mila, etc. is completely different.
I won't be making another Bibi Log, I am just here to tell you guys that the final will be released in around 2-3 weeks.
And then we'll get to Chapter 4.5. (The newly made Chapter 1 will then fit in nicely with Chapter 4.5. (Due to Vic and Maja)).

And a big thanks to all the new Patreons!
And an even bigger thanks to those who have been with me through thick and thin. (Mostly thick, if we consider the bootys in SG.)
All these improvements and the much more effective work system wouldn't have been possible without you guys!

You're a very important part of this game and I am glad you guys/girls are with me on this journey.

- Ocean

/////////////////////////////////////////////
Hopefully he won't remove nor change the Insensitive joke choice. Very dark humour and insensitive indeed, but it's too funny :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

KhamulTG81

Oct 28, 2020
well, that confirms that the beta did not have the reworked Ch1.
Wait what? That was 100% clear, so there shouldn't be any confusion about this.

Hopefully he won't remove nor change the Insensitive joke choice. Very dark humour and insensitive indeed, but it's too funny :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
it's still in there so no worries...

Last edited:

GeladoFeitan

May 18, 2017
So in 2-3 weeks ch 4 final drops but it is with the ch 1 rework and the college part for ch 2 too?

or the ch 2 part its going to be with ch 5?

ziotoni

Jan 6, 2020
I have a feeling that Where it all began will be a lot shorter than Summer's Gone.
I mean, the old one had 6 chapters, now he has 1 redone, 5 to get to the old one which was not finished yet. I mean, we're talking about years (unless he hires a lot of people but he's no ICSTOR patrons wise, yet). If the schedule is good for his mental health, though, I won't complain. That comes first

jijo15

Sep 10, 2019
Will Nojiko be an option in this game in the future or she is a no-no? As far it goes, doesn't seem likely...

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes