Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
Move Over Pinkcakes.. Theres a NEW sheriff in town........ well maybe not new but its suffice to say This Chapter 1 rework has solidified an ALREADY GREAT vn and made it even better.. George Lucas eat your heart out..

George Lucas ref - Constantly trying to better his earlier work (even tho tbh most times it sucked) but not in oceans case

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2019
There's no new content since this isn't a new update, it's just the full chapter 4 and the last one was chapter 4 beta. Some new and/or updated renders but no new content of course.
This is simple to explain. He has no ideas/doesn't want to rush to slow down the development and milk his patreons decide to starts making an absurd remake in the middle of the story and forces you to repeat everything from chapter 1. He is not the first nor the last to do this, in fact there are quite a few on the forum. And of course, since he did this with chapter 1, the trick to all this is that he will have to do this with 2, 3, and 4 and if before the updates were released very slowly, now you can thank the holy father if the developer releases 1 update a year. And plus without any sexual content...

I'll wait for you until 2 years from now, when the developer has finished doing the "remake" trick and continues normally from chapter 5.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
This is simple to explain. He has no ideas/doesn't want to rush to slow down the development and milk his patreons decide to starts making an absurd remake in the middle of the story and forces you to repeat everything from chapter 1. He is not the first nor the last to do this, in fact there are quite a few on the forum. And of course, since he did this with chapter 1, the trick to all this is that he will have to do this with 2, 3, and 4 and if before the updates were released very slowly, now you can thank the holy father if the developer releases 1 update a year. And plus without any sexual content...

I'll wait for you until 2 years from now, when the developer has finished doing the "remake" trick and continues normally from chapter 5.
Ok, have fun!!!

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
So just finished the Ch1 rework - Ocean did a very nice job on it, I was quite impressed overall.

I've never been a big fan of the opening scene with the car crash...that almost turned me off to the game initially last year when I played this game the first time. Unless he's absolutely dead-set on using that scene, that is one area of the game that he might consider re-writing, at least the part with the gun and Marla...it just doesn't flow well or make much sense and with the impending Steam release after Ch5, I think the game would hit better with new players if that part was...tweaked.

The intro to the school and meeting everybody was fking awesome. Ayua was rockin' her outfit; I've never really found her that attractive, but she was a cutie in this re-work, that's for sure. And holy heck, that sandwich scene was hilarious - he's gotta have an obligatory re-visit of that incident in the Ch2 re-work and have MC reference it when he starts working with Bella initially when they're constantly bickering.

Love that he cut out the smoking bit with Mila, her intro in particular along with her side chat with the MC flowed much better. In the original Ch1 she comes off as a bit of a cunt and very standoffish - in the new re-work the tone is much more sympathetic and hits more like it should for the intended type of kind-hearted character that he seems to be going for with Mila.

Still some spelling and grammar errors (one was on one of the school signs where it said the word "freshman" on it and it was mis-spelled) - Ocean if you read this, and need some help with this, let me know where the best place is to send you any suggested corrections when I come across things during my playthrough and I may note some of them down for you if it would help. I know English isn't your first language, so some of the word selections that feel off to me may be attributed to that.

Overall, fantastic re-work. I am very much looking forward to seeing Ch2 once it's done as well.

are they gonna rework chapter 2 and 3 too? i kinda like the new chapter 1.
Ch2, yes - Ch3 doesn't need it in terms of the art quality - I think the only thing he'd adjust in Ch3 is if he decided he wanted to actually tweak / add a scene in there somewhere to give backstory on something or assist with some narrative further down the road, etc.

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Saying this update had no new content is just a completely false statement. Playing the reworked chapter 1 after already being incredibly familiar with the old chapter 1, gives me tons of appreciation to finally have chapter 1 align closer to the quality in the newer chapters while also greatly expanding upon the story and characters in ways that weren't present in the old chapter 1.

dempun

Dec 3, 2021
So just finished the Ch1 rework - Ocean did a very nice job on it, I was quite impressed overall.

I've never been a big fan of the opening scene with the car crash...that almost turned me off to the game initially last year when I played this game the first time. Unless he's absolutely dead-set on using that scene, that is one area of the game that he might consider re-writing, at least the part with the gun and Marla...it just doesn't flow well or make much sense and with the impending Steam release after Ch5, I think the game would hit better with new players if that part was...tweaked.
I believe MC is going to be the cause or perhaps the catalyst for Victoria getting out of that wheelchair. At least that's what I am seeing in their interplay and how she reacts to be around him.

If that's the case, the car crash actually plays a significant role in that storyline.

Mamaragan

Jun 9, 2019
God, I love the chapter 1 rework, it looks so much more alive and with the added dialogue, I feel like I'm playing a completely different chapter.

Reactions: Old Man Al

Netgear

Jul 25, 2018
Ok i'll try this "Update" with a second rework of chapter one, since it seem so good, but i ain't getting cought for a third rework, if the next "Update" is a rework of any chapter, i'm trashing this game.
I don't want to get caught in an other Dual Family like game, where we have a lot of update, but the story does not advance.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
I believe MC is going to be the cause or perhaps the catalyst for Victoria getting out of that wheelchair. At least that's what I am seeing in their interplay and how she reacts to be around him.

If that's the case, the car crash actually plays a significant role in that storyline.
No doubt. The car crash itself isn't really the issue; Victoria would likely still need to get injured and if conflict with Marla is required, something has to happen there as well, it's just the whole exchange is just...off. It's hard to imagine someone would pull a gun on MC in that situation. It's just really really dark and gives the game kind of a bad feel because of how not only irrational it is but because it happens so early, a new player really doesn't have much context to draw from in terms of the MC yet and can make them want to stop playing. I know Ocean wants to convey the depression-state the MC is in, but this particular scene just doesn't fit well IMO.

Thankfully this level of darkness goes away quickly in the story, but ya it's just not something I'm a fan of and I've seen a number of comments about it in this thread and in the reviews. I just think a better "scenario" could be constructed to obtain the desired situation (Victoria injured and wheelchair-bound and Marla and the MC having had something happen between them that created some issues) while being a bit more believable and not creating too dark of a tone.

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes