• We're currently performing maintenance on the search system, we'll get it back ASAP.

derpdurp

Jun 16, 2018
Fantastic update again. I agree it's a bit tough to wait so long - but it really is well made. If only we had a ton of games steadily releasing with same quality throughout the year. Supporting the dev for only one month and then again next year is always an option for those who understandably feel worried about pledging monthly with long breaks in updates.

Reactions: Old Man Al

A Big Fan

Feb 10, 2022
I wish Ocean was more clear regarding his direction for the game. Its good that only chapter 2 is left to rework but considering the pace of updates, the steam release will probably be in early 2024 , maybe later if there is a chapter 4.5 as well, and that is considering his work on WIAB doesn't delay this game further. I agree with a lot of other posters here that the rework should have started after or atleast when chapter 5 is near completion, since the quality of the earlier chapters are not that terrible. He could have started a public beta of the 5 chapters while he continues to remake the first two for his patreons which would have been a much better model and nobody would have had to complain of slow progress since the entire season 1 would have been available to play and if they wanted more they should subscribe to his patreon

May 21, 2021
alittle proof reading still needed but its minor details considering it's a second langauge.
Woah, I didn't know. But I don't think the typos have anything to do with that, I mean isn't his(?) english really good? From my point of view at least it does (but I'm not a native speaker so...)

operamini

Sep 2, 2019
oceanlab's priorities are messed up. As much as i like WIAB and SG i dont understand the need to whatever he does regarding "new cgs new animatics new storyline" i prefer rather the og. He should focus onl on the story developement . he is confused himsef. by the time WIAB and SG will be done my grandkids will be playing the full version. Oceanlab stop screwing around and focus on the main story.
Good to see i am not the only one that prefers the old version better, current MC is supposed to be broken but that's not what's shown.
The gun scene for eg. now feels so out of place it really seems like its there just because he doesn't want to change too much but he would remove it if he could.

Why is there always a (~0.5s?) delay before the next textbox is shown? Its annoying and I have to double click way to much to skip that delay.

The render quality is better, but it was good in the first place. I dont understand why Devs try to fix their games during production. I guess because they fear that ppl wont support them after they have finished, for some kind of "directors cut" or "enhanced version" of the game.

I cant remember the old version, because so much time passed, so its hard to comment on the differences in the story (telling) compared to the last version - and I just started the new version.
Dont try to remember too much, because i still have the old version and its straight up better in everything but picture quality.

btw to those that were saying the first chapter had potato quality, WHAT even the first chapter has amazing quality and imo better direction.

Templar Knight

Feb 2, 2018
Hey, it's been a while since I played Summer Gone and I don't remember about the routes (paths), if I choose an option such as when Amber asks if the mc likes Bella, then the answer ''yes'' in the walkthrought appears ''( bella path ) '' , does this exclude the option of the other paths like Amber, Mila, Amy, Nia and the others ?

tydog99

Apr 26, 2022
Played through for the first time and it's great but sadly seemed kinda short, at least the first couple chapters did. Really sucks that it will take a whole year to get another chapter now. The incredibly long development time for some of these VNs is the only reason I don't usually support on Patreon. I will when the next chapter is released though as I enjoyed what I've played so far. Just won't be paying monthly while waiting for a year for an update.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey, it's been a while since I played Summer Gone and I don't remember about the routes (paths), if I choose an option such as when Amber asks if the mc likes Bella, then the answer ''yes'' in the walkthrought appears ''( bella path ) '' , does this exclude the option of the other paths like Amber, Mila, Amy, Nia and the others ?
I have no idea what walkthrough you're referring to but it's not relevant anyway.... to your question:
Answering "I'm starting to like her." is not a locking event... it's a requirement to obtain additional Bella Love pnts later so theoretically you would choose this if she is to be an LI. The complete breakdown of that choice (to date) is as follows:
  • AmberRelp(+2)
  • BellaLove(+1)
  • EventVar(BYF)
Later due to being awarded EventVar(BYF) you automatically obtain an additional:
  • BellaLove(+2)
EventVar(BYF) has no other use conditionals so that's all that's known about that particular choice to date.

Regards.

Last edited:

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
Woman gets hit by a car (or something?). "Maybe I should just kill her."

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

... usually I find the comedy games on the site to be cringe, but that was gold. Worth playing a few minutes. *deletes game*
when an animal is in pain, the normal thing to do is sacrifice them. You have to understand at which state of mind this guy is. He can't feel anything. At that point in the game, right in the start, he is close to a sociopath. He isn't exactly one, but he lacks any kind of feeling for anyone. So the way he will think towards certain situations aren't the same as you and I.

He has a lot of psychological issues. That is something the game tries to show since the start. Would you think a psycopath would want to save or kill that girl? The only thing that keeps him on check is his "stepsister". If she didn't exist, this guy would pretty much have done something really bad already.

I find it hard to understand how someone read or play games where they are supposed to take place of a character, but they don't understand anything lol.

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
anyone know what the tunes called during the basketball match.. its used a few times throughout but thats the main time i can pinpoint it.. been humming it all day lol

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
The game will probably be reworked the entire while it's being developed, as Summer's hardware ceiling and drawing ability increases and the game continues to rise in terms of graphics quality. Personally I wouldn't mind a bit of consistency myself, but I'm not about to say no to quality renders.
oceanlab's priorities are messed up. As much as i like WIAB and SG i dont understand the need to whatever he does regarding "new cgs new animatics new storyline" i prefer rather the og. He should focus onl on the story developement . he is confused himsef. by the time WIAB and SG will be done my grandkids will be playing the full version. Oceanlab stop screwing around and focus on the main story.
will they be playing the full version? are you sure? I am a lil disappointed and I agree when you say he is lost. If he is trying to find perfection he will never find it and he won't move from his standing point. I was ok with WIAB even with those old ugly renders, then he stopped. Started remaking both, and is now remaking again and he already decided to change the only character I loved in this game.

It is hard to support some VN's devs sometimes, feels like wasting money.

Last edited:

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
I think he could keep going and finish it. Later on, he could do a remake if he wanted to. I started playing the other game Wiab. then he suddenly stopped. to remake it. From what I have seen, I will never see the end of that game. SO that is a lot disappointing. If he is looking for perfection he will never move from his standing point.

will they be playing the full version? are you sure? I am a lil disappointed and I agree when you say he is lost. If he is trying to find perfection he will never find it and he won't move from his standing point. I was ok with WIAB even with those old ugly renders, then he stopped. Started remaking both, and is now remaking again and he already decided to change the only character I loved in this game.

It is hard to support some VN's devs sometimes, feels like wasting money.
I supported him in the early days, then I came to the conclusion that he would never have finished, the only time he posted on Patreon was to say he needed new hardware, I think the last I checked he had a couple of 3090s and an A6000, I bet he's still on the begging wagon, saying he needs another upgrade of some sort.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes