Nishka

Jan 14, 2018
While you could be correct in your assumptions and it could in fact be cannon, it's not uncommon for kids to call friends of their parents Uncle/Aunt if they grew up around them. That's how I read it since I wasn't on Miru's path in WIAB but, I could be way wrong.
Yeah I know some do that, but I don't think it's the case this time, however as you said yourself, this is kinda a dangerous path Ocean is taking, because he can end up making these characters show up here who has relations to the others in WIAB, which would make us feel like the choices we make doesn't mean squat in WIAB.. Like if she indeed is Miru's and Will's but in your case you dumped her, then how the fuck did she get born?? :)

I love both games, but I actually think this idea of making two games in the same universe with characters in relation to each other, should be made subsequently, not simultaneously, since we can't import the "actions/choices" we made in the past, so it influences the story of the future.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Yeah I know some do that, but I don't think it's the case this time, however as you said yourself, this is kinda a dangerous path Ocean is taking, because he can end up making these characters show up here who has relations to the others in WIAB, which would make us feel like the choices we make doesn't mean squat in WIAB.. Like if she indeed is Miru's and Will's but in your case you dumped her, then how the fuck did she get born?? :)

I love both games, but I actually think this idea of making two games in the same universe with characters in relation to each other, should be made subsequently, not simultaneously, since we can't import the "actions/choices" we made in the past, so it influences the story of the future.
Your suggestion that the games should be made SEQUENTIALLY (aside - subsequently is the wrong word to use here) instead of CONCURRENTLY (aside #2 - simultaneously is also the wrong word to use here) is a completely moot point with regards to the decisions in one game having meaning for the other. Even if the two games are made sequentially, you could still very well not have made what Ocean considers as the "canon" decisions and in the second game feel like choices you made "doesn't mean squat".

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I think you see this topic too severe, no offence meant. Naturally the developer of any game with decisions, which mean something, has a "canon" storyline he incorporates into said game. But this does not invalidate the choices you made in your "own canon" playthrough. Both are equally valid, they are just akin to parallel universes. :)

Jun 16, 2022
Can someone explain the relationship between the MC and Nami/Nojiko? I'm barely touching the surface of the story, but their familiarity with one another is bothering me every time I read their conversations. Please help.

Tauro Thurius

Jul 17, 2021
Can someone explain the relationship between the MC and Nami/Nojiko? I'm barely touching the surface of the story, but their familiarity with one another is bothering me every time I read their conversations. Please help.
Three different people that are supposed to be a cliché "son, sister and divorced mom" as implemented by many AVNs. Nojiko adopted both MC & Nami, and they live happily ever after as a family. My take for this decision is the fact that Ocean doesn't want to get into any trouble as laws in Germany are ridiculous.

Jun 16, 2022
Three different people. Nojiko adopted both MC & Nami, and they live happily ever after as a family. My take for this decision is the fact that Ocean doesn't want to get into any trouble as laws in Germany are ridiculous.
Thank you. I somewhat figured Nojiko was the mother of the two, or at least, an older sibling (who is motherly in nature), but Nojiko looks extremely young, so I went the adopted siblings route for the three.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Three different people that are supposed to be a cliché "son, sister and divorced mom" as implemented by many AVNs. Nojiko adopted both MC & Nami, and they live happily ever after as a family. My take for this decision is the fact that Ocean doesn't want to get into any trouble as laws in Germany are ridiculous.
It is less the German laws making a problem, it is bigotted Patreon he does not want a conflict with that is the big problem! Patreon is the reason of the flood of games with adoption, landlord, roommates and other laughable circumvention in it.
In Germany only full incestual vaginal intercourse in forbidden. For instance, if your daughter is old enough and it is consensual, you giving her a thorough muff dive is no legal offence. Our your Mom sucking your nuts dry, no problem if age and consent are ok.
So German laws are not the problem, even full intercourse as long as it is in a fictional game/book/movie.
But Patreon is trying to outpuritan the puritans and they call themselves patrons of the arts! What a load of... What kind of patron are you, if you forbid whole areas of inspiration, sexual stuff is just one of those Patron pushes down?

Tauro Thurius

Jul 17, 2021
It is less the German laws making a problem, it is bigotted Patreon he does not want a conflict with that is the big problem! Patreon is the reason of the flood of games with adoption, landlord, roommates and other laughable circumvention in it.
In Germany only full incestual vaginal intercourse in forbidden. For instance, if your daughter is old enough and it is consensual, you giving her a thorough muff dive is no legal offence. Our your Mom sucking your nuts dry, no problem if age and consent are ok.
So German laws are not the problem, even full intercourse as long as it is in a fictional game/book/movie.
But Patreon is trying to outpuritan the puritans and they call themselves patrons of the arts! What a load of... What kind of patron are you, if you forbid whole areas of inspiration, sexual stuff is just one of those Patron pushes down?
Yeah, everything you said about Patreon is without a doubt true but there are many other titles on Patreon which have to go through same pain inducing no incest rules and go for the landlady & adopted route yet they all look related in terms of appearance. The only thing that makes the whole shit no incest is the fact that the MC calls mom "landlady", and sis "roommate". Ocean on the other hand has gone off road and went complete adoption path.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
The only thing that makes the whole shit no incest is the fact that the MC calls mom "landlady", and sis "roommate". Ocean on the other hand has gone off road and went complete adoption path.
I think that has to do with plot reasons. I do not know if you play "Where it all began", there Ocean keeps the "roommates" and "landladies" and it has more crime and mystery story elements than SG has currently. But that might change at least a bit, I estimate. There is something fishy about the whole backstory in "Summer´s gone" and even the MC recognises this. And that Nami and MC are in reality bloodrelated is clear by the many questions why Nami is a redhead. Were they truly adopted, this would be a non-topic.

PeopleCallMeSmile

Jan 5, 2020
There is something fishy about the whole backstory in "Summer´s gone" and even the MC recognises this. And that Nami and MC are in reality bloodrelated is clear by the many questions why Nami is a redhead. Were they truly adopted, this would be a non-topic.
My guess? They really are siblings, and their parents are going to appear at some point in WIAB, maybe in a flashback. I thought maybe William and Leah from WIAB could be their parents but I think they are more related with Zara's sister.
And, correct if am wrong, but weren't they not blood related before the remake? Maybe it's just my mind but I remember they were from different family's and Noji used to have waifu potential.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
My guess? They really are siblings, and their parents are going to appear at some point in WIAB, maybe in a flashback. I thought maybe William and Leah from WIAB could be their parents but I think they are more related with Zara's sister.
And, correct if am wrong, but weren't they not blood related before the remake? Maybe it's just my mind but I remember they were from different family's and Noji used to have waifu potential.
I am convinced that they are really siblings, this whole change to adopted is simply because of Patreon(mainly) and plot reasons(secondly). I think so as well that we will see their parents and I am really curious who they are. At the start I too thought it might be Willi and Leia, but with what we currently know it does not fit.
They would not let their kids be raised by others and we know by circumstantial stuff they are alive. Ayua mentioned her parents and one of the coaches talked about meeting with "Miss Zane". Katie might be the head designer in the city, but she does not seem to be interested in running a Sports club, same for Helen. By elimination the Miss Zane she meets must be Leia.

As for kids from WIAB, my personal perferance would be
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
I am convinced that they are really siblings, this whole change to adopted is simply because of Patreon(mainly) -snip-

As for kids from WIAB, my personal perferance would be
I wager you're dead-on about Patreon, their relationship is very clearly sibling in nature, and it really shouldn't bother Nojiko if they didn't share a blood relationship. Given MC's trauma, Noji should be rather thrilled about the situation, if it's bringing him back around.

Y'know, unless she's his sister.

As for the kids situation I still expect Katie is on the list for a rounded belly as well. She certainly will be in my playthrough.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I wager you're dead-on about Patreon, their relationship is very clearly sibling in nature, and it really shouldn't bother Nojiko if they didn't share a blood relationship. Given MC's trauma, Noji should be rather thrilled about the situation, if it's bringing him back around.
Y'know, unless she's his sister.
Exactly! See it the same.

As for the kids situation I still expect Katie is on the list for a rounded belly as well. She certainly will be in my playthrough
Everyone as he/she likes! :) My list on this would be as follows:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
4.30 star(s) 502 Votes