Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga - Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.20.16]

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
hi, will there be a New Character Mod soon?
Well, I finished it in time for Halloween since the story is kinda Halloween-themed, but never released it because I wasn't really happy with the quality of some things and some of the art.

I'm not sure if I'll ever release it tbh. I don't want to release it if any part of it is sub-par.

Here's some screenshots and one of the characters though.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png 7.png

Wells36

Apr 13, 2018
Well, I finished it in time for Halloween since the story is kinda Halloween-themed, but never released it because I wasn't really happy with the quality of some things and some of the art.

I'm not sure if I'll ever release it tbh. I don't want to release it if any part of it is sub-par.

View attachment 450800 View attachment 450801 View attachment 450802 View attachment 450803 View attachment 450804 View attachment 450805 View attachment 450806
I’d say go for it, it looks pretty good from what I can see And I would love to see it in play. And I just wanted to say thanks for all the modding you do and I totally would have kept supporting you on Patreon if things didn’t come up in my life.

Reactions: Maid Lain

krys69

Sep 6, 2017

View attachment 450800 View attachment 450801 View attachment 450802 View attachment 450803 View attachment 450804 View attachment 450805 View attachment 450806
Looks awesome, and I think if you added more of the explore, discover, gather aspect similar to the one like in tracking of the golden compass than this would make for an interesting side story. :)

Reactions: Wells36

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Looks awesome, and I think if you added more of the explore, discover, gather aspect similar to the one like in tracking of the golden compass than this would make for an interesting side story. :)
Yeah I made her story similar to Aqua's and Daisy where you have to basically go on a quest to find her. You have to solve a riddle and go to different locations at different times. It's nowhere near as long or complex as the quests for Aqua or Daisy though.

Reactions: Wells36

Dragonav

Feb 22, 2018
Hi. I am sorry if anyone already asked this question :

Do you update the mod for Mrs Johnson branch? Thanks!

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Deleting unren-dev.rpyc file from this mod fixed for me bug with transitions between screens (sometimes shows empty tranparent pattern like when u create transparent layer in photoshop).

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Deleting unren-dev.rpyc file from this mod fixed for me bug with transitions between screens (sometimes shows empty tranparent pattern like when u create transparent layer in photoshop).
Weird, I'm not sure I've noticed that during transitions but I noticed the transparent texture would show on screen when you click the middle mouse button, but didn't realize it's caused by the dev mode being enabled.

Dev mode is required for the advanced developer cheat menu to be active, so not sure if I should keep the file for the cheats or delete it to fix that. :unsure:

apolloladdie

Aug 5, 2017
It has been a couple months since the last time I played the game, so I downloaded everything fresh. New Game, incest patch, Ikarumod and new Lains Mod. I unzipped every thing into their own folders, and installed in the correct folder. IE the game/ folder. Started the game and instantly got this error. Everything installed in accordance with correct installation. I took the following troubleshooting steps.
Removed Ikarumod - Started
Reinstalled Ikarumod - Fail
Removed Incest Patch - Fail
Removed unren-dev.rpyc - Game started and "seems" to function. Have not fully tested.
Annotation 2019-11-24 175423.png

kerpal88

Aug 16, 2018
Is it possible to replay the custom scenes? Can I re-trigger the Jenny/roxy treehouse scene?

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
It has been a couple months since the last time I played the game, so I downloaded everything fresh. New Game, incest patch, Ikarumod and new Lains Mod. I unzipped every thing into their own folders, and installed in the correct folder. IE the game/ folder. Started the game and instantly got this error. Everything installed in accordance with correct installation. I took the following troubleshooting steps.
Removed Ikarumod - Started
ikaru's mod hasn't been updated for like at least a year I think. It's not a problem with my mod or the incest patch.

Is it possible to replay the custom scenes? Can I re-trigger the Jenny/roxy treehouse scene?
No sorry, you'd have to save before doing them or start a new game.

apolloladdie

Aug 5, 2017
ikaru's mod hasn't been updated for like at least a year I think. It's not a problem with my mod or the incest patch.

No sorry, you'd have to save before doing them or start a new game.
Gotcha. It is understandable for the incompatibility then. Right now, i am just running your mod. Not much in Ikaru's that isn't in yours. Thank you for the reply. Maybe I will try to get into the other one and try to fix it. (i'd have to learn the language though)

PRINCE2126

Jul 13, 2017
the game crashes every time i open the mod version but the regular version works is this an issue with the mod or game?

kiyiya

Sep 16, 2017
is there a version to your mod that contains walkthrough only without ingame changes or added scenes and events ?

Epyx

Apr 3, 2019
Hi, am i getting this error because of incest patch?

I get this error on quest 13 for debbie
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/kitchen/kitchen.rpy", line 89, in <module>
File "game/scripts/core/systems/game.rpy", line 351, in main
File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations/locations.rpy", line 255, in call_screen
File "game/mods/LainModWalkthrough/LainMod_guides.rpy", line 480, in execute
File "game/mods/LainModWalkthrough/LainMod_guides.rpy", line 488, in execute
NameError: name 'S_debbie_note_delay' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/dialogue.rpyc", line 2266, in script call
File "scripts/locks/01global_lock_check.rpyc", line 61, in script call
File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/hallway.rpyc", line 65, in script call
File "mods/LainModScenes/LainMod_jenny_labelhooks.rpyc", line 202, in script call
File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/kitchen/kitchen.rpyc", line 10, in script call
File "scripts/characters/jenny/button.rpyc", line 87, in script call
File "scripts/characters/debbie/button.rpyc", line 7, in script call
File "mods/LainModScenes/LainMod_jenny_labelhooks.rpyc", line 202, in script call
File "scripts/locations/home/home.rpyc", line 59, in script call
File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/kitchen/kitchen.rpyc", line 89, in script
File "/home/gitlab-runner/builds/NJFsLXfc/0/summertime-saga/renpy-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 912, in execute
File "/home/gitlab-runner/builds/NJFsLXfc/0/summertime-saga/renpy-sdk/renpy/python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/kitchen/kitchen.rpy", line 89, in <module>
File "game/scripts/core/systems/game.rpy", line 351, in main
File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations/locations.rpy", line 255, in call_screen
File "/home/gitlab-runner/builds/NJFsLXfc/0/summertime-saga/renpy-sdk/renpy/exports.py", line 2896, in call_screen
File "/home/gitlab-runner/builds/NJFsLXfc/0/summertime-saga/renpy-sdk/renpy/ui.py", line 295, in interact
File "/home/gitlab-runner/builds/NJFsLXfc/0/summertime-saga/renpy-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 2699, in interact
File "/home/gitlab-runner/builds/NJFsLXfc/0/summertime-saga/renpy-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3091, in interact_core
File "/home/gitlab-runner/builds/NJFsLXfc/0/summertime-saga/renpy-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 541, in visit_all
File "/home/gitlab-runner/builds/NJFsLXfc/0/summertime-saga/renpy-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 541, in visit_all
File "/home/gitlab-runner/builds/NJFsLXfc/0/summertime-saga/renpy-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
File "/home/gitlab-runner/builds/NJFsLXfc/0/summertime-saga/renpy-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3091, in <lambda>
File "/home/gitlab-runner/builds/NJFsLXfc/0/summertime-saga/renpy-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
File "/home/gitlab-runner/builds/NJFsLXfc/0/summertime-saga/renpy-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 625, in update
File "game/mods/LainModWalkthrough/LainMod_guides.rpy", line 488, in execute
File "<screen language>", line 1002, in <module>
NameError: name 'S_debbie_note_delay' is not defined

```

Reactions: MachoGuy
3.80 star(s) 6 Votes