Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga - Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.20.16]

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes

Kayzer

Sep 4, 2018
I already installed both versions 0.19.1 and 0.18.6 just to play this mod
Well, you can't cater to everyone, and if I was he I would probably do what he did since I've seen literally hundreds of posts asking why shit's not working for new releases and exactly one, yours, asking for old mods.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
does the mod only work with a new game or can i start playing and add the mod afterwards?
You don't need to start a new game/save to use the mod. You can play now and add the mod later.

When I use your mod, rollback screws up the game for me. Essentially when I scroll back to reread dialogue, the game essentially crashes. It either skips days or gets me stuck in a loop. For example, if I rollback from Saturday morning to Friday afternoon to do a quest line in the school, the game thinks it's Saturday and the school remains closed. If I sleep at home for a few days until it's like Wednesday, the game still thinks it's Saturday.
My mod isn't the issue. Rollback is disabled in this game by the developers because they broke it. My mod doesn't re-enable rollback so stop using whichever other mod or cheat you're using that's enabling rollback.

I just wanna play with the fan scenes mod, but he seems to always delete the download link when a new versions comes out, I don't even know why. I'm trying to find the download for version 0.19.1 or even 0.18.6 but I can't find anywhere, does anyone have it?
There was a reason the fan scenes were temporarily removed from the mod before. I didn't remove them just because I felt like it. Please be patient and wait for me to finish the v0.20 mod update which has the fan scenes.

BRaider2020

Apr 25, 2020
I hope update 0.20.1 of the game doesn't screw up your work for the 0.20. At least its changelog doesn't say that the newest version add any new scene.

kiyan19

Nov 28, 2019
I mean no disrespect and i know this will take time but you guys know this is his job right? You could read it on his patreon. Oh but he doesnt have to share it with anyone here ofcourse. I just wanted to clear a misunderstanding. Sorry if i sound mean.

Ancalador

Jul 26, 2017
While it is a full time job that doesn't mean it doesn't take time to do. This isn't a case of replacing one word with another and given the changes that are frequently made to not just this game but the others Maim works on, you have to be willing to wait if you want something that actually works.

Also what I was referring to was making mods for specific games, not working on mods in general, but I do get where you're coming from.

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
I just wanna play with the fan scenes mod, but he seems to always delete the download link when a new versions comes out, I don't even know why. I'm trying to find the download for version 0.19.1 or even 0.18.6 but I can't find anywhere, does anyone have it?
He deletes the links because people don't read OP and download the old version, installs it onto the new version, and flood this thread with unnecessary posts when it doesn't work.

I already deleted my 19.1 as well so I can't help you there.

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
People need to have a little patience.

Lain will produce an updated Mod that is worth waiting for instead of the endless comments of ‘Why doesn’t my outdated Mod work perfectly with my new updated game.’

I’m happy to wait.(y) :coffee:

Last edited:

tooalone11

Aug 28, 2018
if this works, here

BigSexy57

Apr 13, 2019
There was a reason the fan scenes were temporarily removed from the mod before.
Good luck to you, with the WIP.
I said that I never played in your MOD before. I hope it's as good as they say and as you promised to make it even better this time. Take your time for a better quality and give headshots to a panic-mongers. Once apon a time I walked through the previous version 0.19.5 of the original game. I was impressed by some features, like animated context-sensitive scenes and disapointed very much about how poor, linear, primitive was the storytelling and how little options\dialogs were offered to a player. The auther is making money, he doesn't love the game, that's what I felt, but that's his choice and let us let him be happy and responsible for it.
I'm pretty interested to check - if your additional content will reach at least 10% of options\scenes that my imagination desired to meet in the game like that, but still didn't. ^_^

Nov 1, 2018
@Maim Lain
Respect for all the hard work you do , on allt he games you working/helping with. I am pretty new to this side of gaming world , and without your help , i would not enjoy lol . So what i am saying is , keep up the good work you do , and we will wait for your updates .

Reactions: LaFaucheuse3000

minombrehota

Jul 4, 2017
My mod isn't the issue. Rollback is disabled in this game by the developers because they broke it. My mod doesn't re-enable rollback so stop using whichever other mod or cheat you're using that's enabling rollback.
That would explain that. I'll have to go back and see what mods I compounded with yours. On that note, if i use Unren to enable rollback in conjunction with your mod, is it safe to assume I'll have the same issues?

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
That would explain that. I'll have to go back and see what mods I compounded with yours. On that note, if i use Unren to enable rollback in conjunction with your mod, is it safe to assume I'll have the same issues?
If you're using Naughty Tribute there's a rollback option.

Kayzer

Sep 4, 2018
if i use Unren to enable rollback in conjunction with your mod
Yes, it's the game that has issues, it's fairly safe to use if you stay within the same "event", but any farther than that and it will break, so basically only use it to scroll back one or two "pages" if you missed some text or the like, nothing more.

minombrehota

Jul 4, 2017
Yes, it's the game that has issues, it's fairly safe to use if you stay within the same "event", but any farther than that and it will break, so basically only use it to scroll back one or two "pages" if you missed some text or the like, nothing more.
That's booty. It's a fairly linear game. I wonder why they disabled rollback.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: unknown78

Sky505

Nov 28, 2017
He deletes the links because people don't read OP and download the old version, installs it onto the new version, and flood this thread with unnecessary posts when it doesn't work.

I already deleted my 19.1 as well so I can't help you there.

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes