Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I've actually noticed this in quite a few scenes before my game broke...
Ooone second... You are using the Hairy Saga mod. Do not blame Naughty Tribute for problems caused by other mods, Hairy Saga is known to have such issues. Especially together with Naughty Tribute -- this is why I chose to include much of it in Naughty Tribute (correcting it at the same time) rather than relying on another mod.

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
It is... I will share a screenshot of the output below.

This gives 84%?? (again, see below)

I'll try this.

Edit: the only .rpyc files in SummertimeSaga-0-20-9-pc/game are the 2 mods that I've added (additional_incest_stuff_patch.rpyc and patch.rpyc) are the files you're talking about deeper?

That's the thing though, even when starting a new game, and choosing what I've chosen, it gets stuck at that same point every time, even without save files involved... so I don't think it's a save issue? maybe I'm misunderstanding you though.

I am on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Here's the screenshot:
View attachment 1119598
OOOkay... What you are seeing here in the background (below the console window) is not the icon of Tony which you would expect. It is Tony himself in full size, covering the icon of him which you are supposed to click. Question is: why do you have the image on that screen? That is a bug, or you used some console commands like the ones seen on your screenshot before the one I asked after...

If you type "hide tony", whold that hide the image and make the icon behind it clickable?

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
this is why I chose to include much of it in Naughty Tribute (correcting it at the same time)
Just curious, which parts did you not include? Because if I understand it correctly it's image replacement, so is it possible to include the images from the hairy mod you didn't include?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Just curious, which parts did you not include? Because if I understand it correctly it's image replacement, so is it possible to include the images from the hairy mod you didn't include?
It's not that simple. Images *of the original game* are replaced. Naughty Tribute introduces a whole bunch of images that are not in the original game, especially when it comes to the optional content. Some of them have been replaced by Hairy Saga as well, but not all (causing frame flickering), and some I found not so beautiful.

If I remember correctly, I mentioned all the images that I took from Hairy Sage in the first post and the readme, but all needed special adjustments one way or the other. Eve and Iwanka had been made by myself.

Reactions: Grimtown
Sep 7, 2018
Ooone second... You are using the Hairy Saga mod. Do not blame Naughty Tribute for problems caused by other mods, Hairy Saga is known to have such issues. Especially together with Naughty Tribute -- this is why I chose to include much of it in Naughty Tribute (correcting it at the same time) rather than relying on another mod.
I wasn't blaming Naughty Tribute, I was telling the guy who I quoted I've noticed it a bunch too, before my game broke entirely, the two matters are unrelated... I was just agreeing with him. As for the inclusion of it, I can't speak to that, I just know that they work together, but that there are quite a few scenes where the Hairy mod misses a frame, whose fault that is I have no idea, and don't really care, it's not really a detractor for me ;-)

OOOkay... What you are seeing here in the background (below the console window) is not the icon of Tony which you would expect. It is Tony himself in full size, covering the icon of him which you are supposed to click. Question is: why do you have the image on that screen? That is a bug, or you used some console commands like the ones seen on your screenshot before the one I asked after...
It must be a bug, I didn't even know Shift+O brought up a console until you told me about it, and you can see what I typed in from the previous screenshot.

If you type "hide tony", whold that hide the image and make the icon behind it clickable?
When I type 'hide tony', he disappears... I click escape, he still is not clickable, so I do shift+O again, and he's come back. It seems like after I escape he immediately comes back. I agree this is a bug, but it's only present when your mod is active, if I disable the mod, it works as normal...

Will you please try it? it will take you 10 minutes or so. Start New Game>choose "New Content">Choose No to Tony Watching>Choose don't tell about Money with Harold>Go to Pizzeria>Go to Graveyard>Go anywhere else and let Russian Daughter pick you up>Go back to Pizzeria>Go to Bank>skip time, go to Liu's House in the evening>Find Documents>Sleep>Go to Pizzeria>Go to Tony's and get Duffle>Skip time until the following Tuesday, and try to execute it. My suspicion is it will do the same for you... I have no idea why Tony is covering up the Clickable Icon of Tony...

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
It's not that simple. Images *of the original game* are replaced. Naughty Tribute introduces a whole bunch of images that are not in the original game, especially when it comes to the optional content. Some of them have been replaced by Hairy Saga as well, but not all (causing frame flickering), and some I found not so beautiful.

If I remember correctly, I mentioned all the images that I took from Hairy Sage in the first post and the readme, but all needed special adjustments one way or the other. Eve and Iwanka had been made by myself.
Thanks for the explanation. Do you remember if trans Eve has a hairy option? I remember someone did this seperately as a kind of add-on for the hairy mod.

Edit: Found it! https://f95zone.to/threads/summerti...-7-the-secret-worms.40357/page-5#post-3760394

Last edited:

Darkcrow20

Jun 13, 2020
Having a save to reproduce this would be helpful. I have no idea what scene you are talking about...
Not using any mod but yours. Just meant I have the hairy option for Debbie turned on. As for the save I just have the cookie jar unlocked. It's the scene that starts where Diane and Debbie are skinny dipping in the pool.

Filipe86

Nov 4, 2016
Hi Guys,

version 1.02 is up!

Version 0.20.9-1.02
  • First naughtification of Nadya office and storage sex scenes.
  • Fixed a bug when Raz disarms Nadya.
This means that all the new content has it's first version of naughtification :D

Have fun!
quick noob questions:
1) I already have ver.0.20.9-1.01 installed, can I just download the new version and overwrite the files?
2) Can I use my save from 1.01?

Last edited:

4Finger

Engaged Member
Nov 24, 2016
Only 1 Question:
Is " Optional: Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod 0.20.9-1.01 -- game_overrides"
The old one for:
Optional - Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod 0.20.7-2.24 (Game Overrides)
So a don't need to download that one to????

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
quick noob questions:
1) I already have ver.0.20.9-1.01 installed, can I just download the new version and overwrite the files?
2) Can I use my save from 1.01?
1) You should install clean this time because some files got deleted and they would not be overwritten. Therefore, this would lead to inconsistencies.
2) Yes.
Only 1 Question:
Is " Optional: Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod 0.20.9-1.01 -- game_overrides"
The old one for:
Optional - Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod 0.20.7-2.24 (Game Overrides)
So a don't need to download that one to????
The new one has some new features so I would recommend to re-download it. The old one would still work, but bettter stay on current release.

Reactions: 4Finger

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I wasn't blaming Naughty Tribute...
I didn't mean you were, I just wanted to point out that those problems are likely to be caused by other mods.
Will you please try it? it will take you 10 minutes or so. Start New Game>choose "New Content">Choose No to Tony Watching>Choose don't tell about Money with Harold>Go to Pizzeria>Go to Graveyard>Go anywhere else and let Russian Daughter pick you up>Go back to Pizzeria>Go to Bank>skip time, go to Liu's House in the evening>Find Documents>Sleep>Go to Pizzeria>Go to Tony's and get Duffle>Skip time until the following Tuesday, and try to execute it. My suspicion is it will do the same for you... I have no idea why Tony is covering up the Clickable Icon of Tony...
Well, what shall I say. I did exactly as you described, and I can click Tony, have no bug and the quest starts...

I did fast-skip through everything, but I clicked every dialog and item. Did you try deleting the persistent files?

When you come to the bank with non-clickable Tony, can you type this in the console pls?

Code:
M_tony.get_button_path('bank', use_day_timer=True)

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I've actually noticed this in quite a few scenes before my game broke...
Not using any mod but yours. Just meant I have the hairy option for Debbie turned on. As for the save I just have the cookie jar unlocked. It's the scene that starts where Diane and Debbie are skinny dipping in the pool.
I just tried that, no Debbie pubic flickering during that scene. Are you certain you have the most current optional content installed? There might have been a bug that I fixed two or three months ago.

Edit: It's mentioned in the change log:

Version 0.20.7-2.21:
- Added missing image to the Debbie optional hairy content. The optional content archive has to be downloaded again for this.

OceanEclipse04

May 7, 2020
I heared that from people on Mac. You need write permission on the game folder. Only other way would be to edit the Naughty Tribute Config.txt file manually with a text editor.
Hey srk.
Any particular way to write permissions I see where the Naughty Tribute Config.Txt file is but not sure where to add permissions or how too even...

Darkcrow20

Jun 13, 2020
Yeah, I usually wait till your all caught up with updates before getting the new version so it was an older version of the mod. Wasn't sure it was ever caught. Thanks!

Teletoby

Mar 29, 2021
I am having a problem with the mod, when the mod is enabled, i am unable to save the game. I get a crash with a Memory error message, and the save game is not created. I lost alot of progress :( When i disable the mod, the save game works fine.

Sep 7, 2018
Well, what shall I say. I did exactly as you described, and I can click Tony, have no bug and the quest starts...
Well, at least we know it's definitely something with my install...

Did you try deleting the persistent files?
I have deleted the one from the save folder, not from app data, figured I'd wait for you to reply with your findings before I went any further... I will try it now though.

When you come to the bank with non-clickable Tony, can you type this in the console pls?

Code:
M_tony.get_button_path('bank', use_day_timer=True)
Here's the output from that command:
1617411676061.png
It's worth noting, when the console is not up, I see a small button tony and not the giant tony on my screen in this image. When I mouse over it, it lights up, however, it's unclickable/clicking doesn't trigger the event.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Well, at least we know it's definitely something with my install...

I have deleted the one from the save folder, not from app data, figured I'd wait for you to reply with your findings before I went any further... I will try it now though.

Here's the output from that command:
View attachment 1120613
It's worth noting, when the console is not up, I see a small button tony and not the giant tony on my screen in this image. When I mouse over it, it lights up, however, it's unclickable/clicking doesn't trigger the event.
I would like to provide you a patched file, which would write a log on clicking Tony. Would that be OK?

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes