Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Thanks for the reply... I will definitely map save from now on. I'm kind of a noob, never really had a problem saving at scenes before, how do I load with that command? Is there a special command window or something?
First, it *may* work OK to save elsewhere. Problem is when you save in "unsecure" places or in "unsecure" situations, the game *might* get messed up when you upgrade between saving and loading, e.g. installing a new mod version. This is because the new version might not be aware of internal program states of the previous version. This occurs more often when you use mods that are updated (like mine) but also if you load saves from previous game versions. And it occurs independently from game or mod versions when you save in the middle of a quest, a dialog or similar.

So as a rule of thumb, save as I (and the guys from Kompass Productions) recommend: In the main town map or in MC's bedroom, and never in the middle of something.

You may save elsewhere, e.g. to try something out. But as I said, this includes a risk.

Now to the parameter: This is a setting in the mod's config menu, in section "6 Tribute Mod". You set the parameter to 4, then load the save, then save it in a new slot and use the new save from then on. Afterwards, set the parameter back (default is 1).

Sep 7, 2018
First, it *may* work OK to save elsewhere. Problem is when you save in "unsecure" places or in "unsecure" situations, the game *might* get messed up when you upgrade between saving and loading, e.g. installing a new mod version. This is because the new version might not be aware of internal program states of the previous version. This occurs more often when you use mods that are updated (like mine) but also if you load saves from previous game versions. And it occurs independently from game or mod versions when you save in the middle of a quest, a dialog or similar.

So as a rule of thumb, save as I (and the guys from Kompass Productions) recommend: In the main town map or in MC's bedroom, and never in the middle of something.

You may save elsewhere, e.g. to try something out. But as I said, this includes a risk.

Now to the parameter: This is a setting in the mod's config menu, in section "6 Tribute Mod". You set the parameter to 4, then load the save, then save it in a new slot and use the new save from then on. Afterwards, set the parameter back (default is 1).

Ahh ok.

I just followed your directions, loaded with the parameter at 4, saved it to a new slot on the map screen, switched the parameter back to 1, and loaded the new save. No dice, still ended up Tuesday morning, still couldn't click on Tony outside the bank. I even skipped ahead to the following Tuesday and still couldn't click on Tony. So, I went ahead and cleaned out all of my saved games, restarted the game itself and did this:

New Game>New Content>Pizzeria>Graveyard>Russian Daughter>Pizzeria>Bank>Liu's House>Slept>Pizzeria>Tony's House>skipped to Tuesday>Still cannot click on Tony... >.<

Any advice? I'm guessing next step is to wipe game+mods entirely and start from scratch again?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Ahh ok.

I just followed your directions, loaded with the parameter at 4, saved it to a new slot on the map screen, switched the parameter back to 1, and loaded the new save. No dice, still ended up Tuesday morning, still couldn't click on Tony outside the bank. I even skipped ahead to the following Tuesday and still couldn't click on Tony. So, I went ahead and cleaned out all of my saved games, restarted the game itself and did this:

New Game>New Content>Pizzeria>Graveyard>Russian Daughter>Pizzeria>Bank>Liu's House>Slept>Pizzeria>Tony's House>skipped to Tuesday>Still cannot click on Tony... >.<

Any advice? I'm guessing next step is to wipe game+mods entirely and start from scratch again?
What other mods do you have installed?

Before uninstalling mods, try parameter DISABLE_MOD and see if (after re-loading the game) the issue is still there.

Sep 7, 2018
What other mods do you have installed?

Before uninstalling mods, try parameter DISABLE_MOD and see if (after re-loading the game) the issue is still there.
Mods List:
This Naughty Tribute Mod
Hairy Mod
Extra Lines Incest Mod
Incest Patch

That's it...

Edit: Disabling the mod worked and allowed me to trigger the event...

Edit 2: The strange thing is, I saved after I completed the event. If I re-enable the mod, and load that save, it puts me Tuesday Morning before the event, if I disable, it puts me after the event...

Last edited:

med zizo

Sep 26, 2019
bro i downloaded the mod and When I opened the file all I found was one folder "game_overris"
Is this folder all the mod files ? 1617322241442.png

Sep 7, 2018
bro i downloaded the mod and When I opened the file all I found was one folder "game_overris"
Is this folder all the mod files ?
That is the optional content for the mod, not the mod itself. On the OP there are 2 sets of links, the top set is the mod, and the bottom set is the optional content. If you want the optional content you need both, if you don't want the optional content you only need the mod from the first set.

Reactions: srksrk 68

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Mods List:
This Naughty Tribute Mod
Hairy Mod
Extra Lines Incest Mod
Incest Patch

That's it...

Edit: Disabling the mod worked and allowed me to trigger the event...

Edit 2: The strange thing is, I saved after I completed the event. If I re-enable the mod, and load that save, it puts me Tuesday Morning before the event, if I disable, it puts me after the event...
Well that's strange. I can only assume that all the mods are not compatible.

If you can pass the event, I would sleep one night and only then save, once in MC's bedroom and once in the main town map.

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
Only issue I have so far with the game is, that some events do trigger on the same day with other events and maybe disturb other events. Most of the time it is not really an issue, it just looks weird.

Leaving the MC Bedroom triggered for example first a scene with Debbie wanting to shower together and after it a scene with Jenny. Debbie is not in the bathroom after it.

Or during the 'endgame' after the scene played with Yumi lying on the stairs, I got the scene with the nun wanting the whip.
Same happens often in the entrance of the house, where many events happen. Also in the bedroom.

I wonder if I should report this on discord.

Well, the mod does not contain a file game/patch.rpy. If you have other mods installed, it appears the do not work well together...

Edit: I just reproduced it and will try to give a fix soon. Meanwhile, this can be bypassed with the Ignore button.

Edit2: Put the attached file ano27.rpy into folder <SummertimeSaga>\game\scripts\locations\warehouse\office\dialogue (replacing the existing file) for a solution.
Thanks, the ignore button was the first I tried after posting. I was so happy it worked, and proceed. :) Because I wanted the find the rest of the dialogues I need to change for the additional incest lines mod.

If you can pass the event, I would sleep one night and only then save, once in MC's bedroom and once in the main town map.
I have the same installed. No issues with Tony in front of the bank.
This Naughty Tribute Mod
Hairy Mod
Extra Lines Incest Mod
Incest Patch

Sep 7, 2018

Pretty sure they're all compatible. Can you do me a favor and start a new game, choose the option to "New Content", and then follow the main story/quest? See if it fails on Tuesday at the Bank like mine does? Or is that how you played it already? I have a sneaking suspicion it's something to do with the way Kompass has that "New Content" set up and how that interacts with your mod the more I fiddle with it. Though I can't be certain. All of the mods have been compatible thus far, and I don't think the "Hairy" mod or the incest mods should have anything to do with it based on the fact that during that event none of those should be playing a part in that particular scene/trigger/event.

Sep 7, 2018
I have the same installed. No issues with Tony in front of the bank.
This Naughty Tribute Mod
Hairy Mod
Extra Lines Incest Mod
Incest Patch
Did you start from the "New Content" start? Start a new game? Or start from one of your previous save files? (It wouldn't let me use a previous save file so I started from the "New Content" start...

If you started with the New Content start, I may just delete the entire thing and reinstall from scratch in order...

[In the new content start I chose "No" for tony watching, and "Don't tell about the cash" for Harold if that makes a difference]

OceanEclipse04

May 7, 2020
hey guys when i try to change the parameters on the configuration numbers or changing the override folder optional content in game... it keeps throwing me a errno 13 permission denial? can someone help me with this... I cannot get it to work... i followed the installation instructions to the letter. did I miss something?

Darkcrow20

Jun 13, 2020
Hey Srksrk 68,

I don't know if anyone has mentioned before but I just noticed that there is a frame missing in Debbie's Skinny Dip scene with the Hairy mod turned on. When she's standing in the kitchen bouncing her boobs her pubes go back to default on the one frame. Just thought I'd give you the heads up. :)

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
Did you start from the "New Content" start? Start a new game? Or start from one of your previous save files? (It wouldn't let me use a previous save file so I started from the "New Content" start...

If you started with the New Content start, I may just delete the entire thing and reinstall from scratch in order...

[In the new content start I chose "No" for tony watching, and "Don't tell about the cash" for Harold if that makes a difference]
I started a completely new game.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
hey guys when i try to change the parameters on the configuration numbers or changing the override folder optional content in game... it keeps throwing me a errno 13 permission denial? can someone help me with this... I cannot get it to work... i followed the installation instructions to the letter. did I miss something?
I heared that from people on Mac. You need write permission on the game folder. Only other way would be to edit the Naughty Tribute Config.txt file manually with a text editor.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Pretty sure they're all compatible. Can you do me a favor and start a new game, choose the option to "New Content", and then follow the main story/quest? See if it fails on Tuesday at the Bank like mine does? Or is that how you played it already? I have a sneaking suspicion it's something to do with the way Kompass has that "New Content" set up and how that interacts with your mod the more I fiddle with it. Though I can't be certain. All of the mods have been compatible thus far, and I don't think the "Hairy" mod or the incest mods should have anything to do with it based on the fact that during that event none of those should be playing a part in that particular scene/trigger/event.
The event should be triggered according to MC's and Tony's state. When you cannot click on Tony on Tuesday morning, can you open the console (SHIFT-O) and type the following command?

Code:
M_anon.is_state(S_ano26_init) and L_bank.is_here(M_tony)
The result should be True.

If not, try the following:

Code:
M_anon
This should give the current state MC is on.

One thing to try would be: Go into the <summertime saga> game folder and delete all *.rpyc files. Run the game and try again (it may fail at first start because of the many files that need to compile again -- give it some time and try again eventually). Do try this without other mods installed.

It should make no difference how you started the game because it is all in the save. So I do not have an idea why your save does not work for you but for me. It must be something with your installation. Can you try installing on a different machine, with only Naughty Tribute mod installed?

Other thing would be to clear the persistent data: go to %AppData%\RenPy\SummertimeSaga and delete file "persistent", the same in the <summertime saga>\game\saves folder. But make a backup first!

What platform are you on btw? Windows, Android, Linux, Mac...?

Last edited:
Reactions: romance23

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hey Srksrk 68,

I don't know if anyone has mentioned before but I just noticed that there is a frame missing in Debbie's Skinny Dip scene with the Hairy mod turned on. When she's standing in the kitchen bouncing her boobs her pubes go back to default on the one frame. Just thought I'd give you the heads up. :)
Having a save to reproduce this would be helpful. I have no idea what scene you are talking about...

Reactions: romance23
Sep 7, 2018
Hey Srksrk 68,

I've actually noticed this in quite a few scenes before my game broke...

Sep 7, 2018
The event should be triggered according to MC's and Tony's state. When you cannot click on Tony on Tuesday morning, can you open the console (SHIFT-O) and type the following command?

Code:
M_anon.is_state(S_ano26_init) and L_bank.is_here(M_tony)
The result should be True.
It is... I will share a screenshot of the output below.

If not, try the following:

Code:
M_anon
This should give the current state MC is on.
This gives 84%?? (again, see below)

One thing to try would be: Go into the <summertime saga> game folder and delete all *.rpyc files. Run the game and try again (it may fail at first start because of the many files that need to compile again -- give it some time and try again eventually). Do try this without other mods installed.
I'll try this.

Edit: the only .rpyc files in SummertimeSaga-0-20-9-pc/game are the 2 mods that I've added (additional_incest_stuff_patch.rpyc and patch.rpyc) are the files you're talking about deeper?

It should make no difference how you started the game because it is all in the save. So I do not have an idea why your save does not work for you but for me. It must be something with your installation. Can you try installing on a different machine, with only Naughty Tribute mod installed?
That's the thing though, even when starting a new game, and choosing what I've chosen, it gets stuck at that same point every time, even without save files involved... so I don't think it's a save issue? maybe I'm misunderstanding you though.

Other thing would be to clear the persistent data: go to %AppData%\RenPy\SummertimeSaga and delete file "persistent", the same in the <summertime saga>\game\saves folder. But make a backup first!

What platform are you on btw? Windows, Android, Linux, Mac...?
I am on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Here's the screenshot:
1617372286213.png

Last edited:

manneychin

May 8, 2017
Well, the mod does not contain a file game/patch.rpy. If you have other mods installed, it appears the do not work well together...

Edit: I just reproduced it and will try to give a fix soon. Meanwhile, this can be bypassed with the Ignore button.

Edit2: Put the attached file ano27.rpy into folder <SummertimeSaga>\game\scripts\locations\warehouse\office\dialogue (replacing the existing file) for a solution.
This hotfix is necessary for v0.20.9-1.01?

Reactions: aungbibibi
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes