Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Is there a save file with the end game content with this mod?
The mod does not provide another end game than the unmodded game. And why would you want a save anyway? It just would complete all the stories and unlock the locations to go, leaving nothing for you to be done, but you would not have the gallery unlocked.

Sep 26, 2018
I got some missing images errors during oddete crypt scene when she's talking on the throne. Another one with liu when she got pushed down by her husband inside the bank.

Quite creepy since I can only see a moving face and their faceless body on the bottom right of the screen.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I got some missing images errors during oddete crypt scene when she's talking on the throne. Another one with liu when she got pushed down by her husband inside the bank.

Quite creepy since I can only see a moving face and their faceless body on the bottom right of the screen.
I would need some more details... Attaching saves here so that I could reproduce the issues would speed things up. Also, please go to the mod's config menu, create the diagnosis file (link is on the bottom right), zip and attach the file here.

Xaverion

Aug 30, 2022

I would need some more details... Attaching saves here so that I could reproduce the issues would speed things up. Also, please go to the mod's config menu, create the diagnosis file (link is on the bottom right), zip and attach the file here.
If you turned off breathing (value = 0.0), change the value to 0 instead it should be fine then. I think the game can't find the images if you turned off breathing (value = 0.0) because the images are in the game/overlays/breathing folder

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
If you turned off breathing (value = 0.0), change the value to 0 instead it should be fine then. I think the game can't find the images if you turned off breathing (value = 0.0) because the images are in the game/overlays/breathing folder
Without him attaching here what I asked for one can only guess. However, breathing does nothing have to do with that, I am 100% sure. If at all, it would be talking or blinking (which are face overlays) rather than breathing (which are chest overlays).

Edit: I played through both scenes again and did not find any problem.

Last edited:

Senbun33

Feb 26, 2018
Can't make it work on android, i have 020.16 on both apk and mod
copied the files to android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files

im not rooted
android 12
Can anyone help?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Can't make it work on android, i have 020.16 on both apk and mod
copied the files to android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files

im not rooted
android 12
Can anyone help?
What does it mean "Can't make it work"? Does the game crash, not start, or does the mod not show up? Does the unmodded game work?

If you follow the instructions exactly, it *should* work.

Reddead

Apr 26, 2017

I get this error if I use the incest patch, for example:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'backgrounds/location_school_locker_mc_day_patched.jpg'>:
  File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/bedroom.rpy", line 100, in script call
    $ game.main()
  File "game/scripts/locations/school/school_hall/school_hall.rpy", line 222, in script call
    $ game.main()
  File "game/scripts/locations/school/school_hall/school_hall.rpy", line 237, in script
    $ player.location.call_screen(False)
  File "game/scripts/locations/school/school_hall/school_hall.rpy", line 237, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations/locations.rpy", line 274, in call_screen
    renpy.call_screen(name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'backgrounds/location_school_locker_mc_day_patched.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/bedroom.rpy", line 100, in script call
    $ game.main()
  File "scripts/locks/01global_lock_check.rpyc", line 13, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/hallway.rpyc", line 71, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/entrance.rpyc", line 224, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/kitchen/kitchen.rpyc", line 11, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/home/home.rpyc", line 62, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/map/map.rpyc", line 15, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/erik_s_house/erik_s_house.rpyc", line 16, in script call
  File "game/scripts/locations/school/school_hall/school_hall.rpy", line 222, in script call
    $ game.main()
  File "game/scripts/locations/school/school_hall/school_hall.rpy", line 237, in script
  File "E:\Sex-Spiele\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "E:\Sex-Spiele\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/scripts/locations/school/school_hall/school_hall.rpy", line 237, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations/locations.rpy", line 274, in call_screen
    renpy.call_screen(name)
  File "E:\Sex-Spiele\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "E:\Sex-Spiele\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Sex-Spiele\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Sex-Spiele\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "E:\Sex-Spiele\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
    rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
    rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
  File "E:\Sex-Spiele\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
    cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "E:\Sex-Spiele\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "E:\Sex-Spiele\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "E:\Sex-Spiele\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "E:\Sex-Spiele\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "E:\Sex-Spiele\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "E:\Sex-Spiele\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "E:\Sex-Spiele\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "E:\Sex-Spiele\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'backgrounds/location_school_locker_mc_day_patched.jpg'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
SummertimeSaga 0.20.16
Thu Feb 02 05:21:34 2023
After I disabled the incest patch, no error message appears. After I get past this scene, I can continue playing with the patch - until the next bug sometime.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I get this error if I use the incest patch, for example:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'backgrounds/location_school_locker_mc_day_patched.jpg'>:
    $ game.main()
    $ game.main()
    renpy.call_screen(name)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    $ game.main()
  File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/hallway.rpyc", line 71, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/kitchen/kitchen.rpyc", line 11, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/home/home.rpyc", line 62, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/map/map.rpyc", line 15, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/erik_s_house/erik_s_house.rpyc", line 16, in script call
    $ game.main()
  File "E:\Sex-Spiele\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "E:\Sex-Spiele\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
    renpy.call_screen(name)
  File "E:\Sex-Spiele\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "E:\Sex-Spiele\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Sex-Spiele\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Sex-Spiele\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "E:\Sex-Spiele\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
    rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
  File "E:\Sex-Spiele\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "E:\Sex-Spiele\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "E:\Sex-Spiele\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "E:\Sex-Spiele\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "E:\Sex-Spiele\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "E:\Sex-Spiele\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "E:\Sex-Spiele\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
SummertimeSaga 0.20.16
Thu Feb 02 05:21:34 2023
After I disabled the incest patch, no error message appears. After I get past this scene, I can continue playing with the patch - until the next bug sometime.
Well, then don't use the incest patch. It has nothing to do with my mod.

Reddead

Apr 26, 2017
Well, then don't use the incest patch. It has nothing to do with my mod.
I know. It was also more a hint to impostorisadalawa that his error was most likely due to the simultaneous use of another mod.
Well, and for you the error code was meant IF you want to work on the incompatibility. But if you don't want to do that, it's ok with me. Was just an offer from me. :)

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I know. It was also more a hint to impostorisadalawa that his error was most likely due to the simultaneous use of another mod.
Well, and for you the error code was meant IF you want to work on the incompatibility. But if you don't want to do that, it's ok with me. Was just an offer from me. :)
Well, the error says "Couldn't find file 'backgrounds/location_school_locker_mc_day_patched.jpg'". My mod does not remove files, so I don't see how it could have anything to do with that error. The name indicates that the missing image comes from the incest patch, and it's somehow missing. If you provide an image with that name, it will be loaded and the game would not crash.

Reddead

Apr 26, 2017
Well, the error says "Couldn't find file 'backgrounds/location_school_locker_mc_day_patched.jpg'". My mod does not remove files, so I don't see how it could have anything to do with that error. The name indicates that the missing image comes from the incest patch, and it's somehow missing. If you provide an image with that name, it will be loaded and the game would not crash.
Okay, forget all my recent posts. It was due to my stupidity alone. Now both mods work together. Sorry for the trouble! And thanks for your nice mod.
Now if I could somehow use the German translation.... but well, my English is enough.
All the best!

Reactions: srksrk 68

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Okay, forget all my recent posts. It was due to my stupidity alone. Now both mods work together. Sorry for the trouble! And thanks for your nice mod. Now if I could somehow use the German translation.... but well, my English is enough.
All the best!
You mean using incest patch and German translation? Well, unfortunately that cannot work since the incest patch is in English language. But I guess you already found out...

May I ask what was causing that bug with the missing image?

Reddead

Apr 26, 2017
You mean using incest patch and German translation? Well, unfortunately that cannot work since the incest patch is in English language. But I guess you already found out...

May I ask what was causing that bug with the missing image?
The incest patch replaces some Patreon compliant sentences by swapping old for new. However, some old sentences were worded differently in the patch file, so they could not be replaced (have to be word-identical). So I decompiled the patch file and corrected the sentences in the rpy file. So that there is no conflict between the files, I had to delete the original rpa file. What I hadn't considered was that in this rpa file there are also several image files (in the images, for example, "Debbie" is then replaced by "Mom"). These image files I have copied into the image folder and now it works.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
can anyone explain why i install other mods it's ok but when i install this mod the game crashes?
Because the mods are incompatible, or you intalled it wrong. Without further details it's impossible to tell. What OS are you on? When does the crash exactly happen? Is there a traceback.txt file? I am not Jesus and I am not so good at guessing...

Germova

Apr 23, 2021
Because the mods are incompatible, or you intalled it wrong. Without further details it's impossible to tell. What OS are you on? When does the crash exactly happen? Is there a traceback.txt file? I am not Jesus and I am not so good at guessing...
sorry for that! I played with joiplay on my phone and I installed it as instructed, extract it into the game folder

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
sorry for that! I played with joiplay on my phone and I installed it as instructed, extract it into the game folder
Well, I cannot support Joiplay. But I assume that if you only install it right it should work. Now is there a traceback.txt file or not, and what is the exact error you get and when?

Germova

Apr 23, 2021
Well, I cannot support Joiplay. But I assume that if you only install it right it should work. Now is there a traceback.txt file or not, and what is the exact error you get and when?
yes i have a traceback.txt file, and i don't get error when extracting i just crash after opening the game

• Angry
Reactions: werdgewrtrtz
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes