Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sagarsama7124

Mar 20, 2023
I got this error even though i did all the steps right:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/characters/svetlana/layeredimage.rpy", line 4, in script
init python:
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/characters/svetlana/layeredimage.rpy", line 4, in script
init python:
Exception: Possible infinite loop.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
File "/home/gitlab-runner/renpy-sdk/renpy-7.3.5-sdk-ci/renpy/main.py", line 485, in main
init python:
init python:
File "renpy/execution.py", line 59, in check_infinite_loop

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I got this error even though i did all the steps right:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
init python:
init python:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
File "/home/gitlab-runner/renpy-sdk/renpy-7.3.5-sdk-ci/renpy/main.py", line 485, in main
init python:
init python:
File "renpy/execution.py", line 59, in check_infinite_loop
Well, the steps you did not do right include a proper description on how to reproduce the error. What phone are you on? Delete all *.rpyc files (not the *.rpy files!) and try again. Delete the three *.rpyb files in the cache folder as well.

Sagarsama7124

Mar 20, 2023
Well, the steps you did not do right include a proper description on how to reproduce the error. What phone are you on? Delete all *.rpyc files (not the *.rpy files!) and try again. Delete the three *.rpyb files in the cache folder as well.
I extracted the mod inside game folder (i created manually cuz it didn't existed there before) and ran the game and it just produced this error nothing different i did and i have android 5.1.1 version

Sagarsama7124

Mar 20, 2023
Android 5.1.1? LoLlipop? Really? That's from 2014 and I really wonder why I even bother answering here... I guess the game simply does not run on steam-powered Abacus machines.
it didn't work on my android 11 device and I am done using this game on pc (i want to play it comfortably on my bed) so I thought of running it on my old phone, you don't have to demean someone like that just say it doesn't work on older androids.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
it didn't work on my android 11 device and I am done using this game on pc (i want to play it comfortably on my bed) so I thought of running it on my old phone, you don't have to demean someone like that just say it doesn't work on older androids.
I did not want to offend. But this thread is full of people who "did everything right" but do not get it to work, and they do not even bother to deliver the basics (like OS and hardware). I guess, me asking for the same infos over and over does not help keeping my mood up...

I fear that even if you brought the game up on your phone, the hardware is simply not capable enough to run the mod. Did you try deleting the files as I suggested? Then, give it muuuuuuch time to start the first time. If it crashes, start the again. It takes several minutes on modern hardware to compile all the mod files, maybe your OS missinterprets this as an infinite loop.

Sagarsama7124

Mar 20, 2023
I did not want to offend. But this thread is full of people who "did everything right" but do not get it to work, and they do not even bother to deliver the basics (like OS and hardware). I guess, me asking for the same infos over and over does not help keeping my mood up...

I fear that even if you brought the game up on your phone, the hardware is simply not capable enough to run the mod. Did you try deleting the files as I suggested? Then, give it muuuuuuch time to start the first time. If it crashes, start the again. It takes several minutes on modern hardware to compile all the mod files, maybe your OS missinterprets this as an infinite loop.
Yeah, i am sorry for not telling you bout my os specification before hand and as for the infinite loop error the same error came up in my android 11 device, so I dont think it's os related issue or it might be rare case bug maybe any other application might be causing it cuz i have almost the same type of applications on both the devices or it might be the error related to the bios of same devices cuz the manufacturer of both the devices is same(my theory), well anyway thanks for helping me through all of it and i am not interested playing this game anymore now have a good day!

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Yeah, i am sorry for not telling you bout my os specification before hand and as for the infinite loop error the same error came up in my android 11 device, so I dont think it's os related issue or it might be rare case bug maybe any other application might be causing it cuz i have almost the same type of applications on both the devices or it might be the error related to the bios of same devices cuz the manufacturer of both the devices is same(my theory), well anyway thanks for helping me through all of it and i am not interested playing this game anymore now have a good day!
You still do not mention if you tried the things I suggested. Furthermore, it may be that Android power saving kicks in here, which kills hanging processes. Maybe you can change the battery/energy settings for the app.

wataru69

Nov 8, 2017
i'm having issues getting the anonfile page to load, any mirrors like mega or zippyshare workupload dont work for me to i dont know why

Glasglow

Aug 14, 2018
Quick question.

Anyone knows how to use original font for text? Installed the overide and tribute mode but the text in these is cutting my eyes due to the sharper/brighter font and shadow behind the font.

1681078093206.png

dokodesuka

Mar 13, 2020
Glasglow I don't know how to change that, but that seems related to the text styling rather than the font. That is, the font seems to be the same in both examples, but in the bottom one it's using a black stroke, while in the top one it's using a subtle drop-shadow effect.

Glasglow

Aug 14, 2018
Glasglow I don't know how to change that, but that seems related to the text styling rather than the font. That is, the font seems to be the same in both examples, but in the bottom one it's using a black stroke, while in the top one it's using a subtle drop-shadow effect.
I really want to play with the tribute mod but the text style is just unbearable for me :/

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I really want to play with the tribute mod but the text style is just unbearable for me :/
I did not change the text style, I would not even know how to do that (therefore it does not make sense to ask me how to change it back). I changed the text size. If you don't want that, you can set parameter FONTSIZE back to 0.

But yes, it may be that I introduced a wider text border around the letters, to make it better readable on bright background. I might think about introducing a parameter to configure that, but that will not happen soon...

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes