Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68]

4.90 star(s) 14 Votes

Whoknows2

Oct 27, 2019
Hey guys,

This is my first time trying to use a mod, although I think I am not completely stupid concerning these things. I did exactly like the instructions say, deleted the game, installed it again, then installed the mod, extracted the mod into the game folder and overwrote the coexisting files. Still, it doesn´t work. When i try to start the game, the logo appears in a small black box for a fraction of a second but then closes again. Has anyone an idea how I could make it work?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hey guys,

This is my first time trying to use a mod, although I think I am not completely stupid concerning these things. I did exactly like the instructions say, deleted the game, installed it again, then installed the mod, extracted the mod into the game folder and overwrote the coexisting files. Still, it doesn´t work. When i try to start the game, the logo appears in a small black box for a fraction of a second but then closes again. Has anyone an idea how I could make it work?
Did the game start after installation, before you installed any mod?

After you installed the mod, what is inside the <Summertime Saga>\game folder now? It should contain the two folders images and scripts (among others). Does the game start if you delete those two folders again?

Whoknows2

Oct 27, 2019
Did the game start after installation, before you installed any mod?

After you installed the mod, what is inside the <Summertime Saga>\game folder now? It should contain the two folders images and scripts (among others). Does the game start if you delete those two folders again?
Yes, the game works fine without the mod. As soon as I extract the mod into the game folder, a pop-up appears that there already are 2 folders with the same name, so I overwrite them as told in the instructions. Now there are, of course among other files and folders, the two folders script and images and the 2 files of the mod in the game folder. When I try to open the game, the logo with roxxy appears on my screen for like 0.5 seconds but nothing else happens. Frankly, I don´t know what else to do since my knowledge of computer science ends here :D

P.S. : When i delete those 2 folders again the game doesn´t start, the original ones are gone as well since I overwrote them

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
Face of Diane is missing. But this was also in the without mod. I attached a save. I saved direct at the moment of this issue, after clicking twice SPACE the error is gone. Similiar problem in the second file, but withe 'black' rapper.

And in both saves if you look in the goal tracker of the phone, one of the girls has no text already for a while. Jenny's pic? And Debbies is missing.

I will later install lain's mod again, if I find a save with the error we talked in another thread about.

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Face of Diane is missing. But this was also in the without mod. I attached a save. I saved direct at the moment of this issue, after clicking twice SPACE the error is gone. Similiar problem in the second file, but withe 'black' rapper.

And in both saves if you look in the goal tracker of the phone, one of the girls has no text already for a while. Jenny's pic? And Debbies is missing.

I will later install lain's mod again, if I find a save with the error we talked in another thread about.
There are a couple of strange things happening with faces and newer girls (Jenny, Eve, Grace, Odette) when it comes to the new layered images they are now using. Sometimes it works if no mod is installed, but as soon as you extract the game sources (even without modifying them!) it does no longer work.

I figured that the extracted sources show missing image definitions, which would explain why it does not work, but then it should also not work without extracting the sources in the first place. I am not sure what is going on there.

However, I fixed some of those errors manually, with extracted sources now working. This is necessary for any mod to work, but since it is not quite reproducable, everything has to be done manually and without even knowing why it is necessary in the first place.

Very strange...

That said, I am glad you provide saves so that I can try to reproduce.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Yes, the game works fine without the mod. As soon as I extract the mod into the game folder, a pop-up appears that there already are 2 folders with the same name, so I overwrite them as told in the instructions. Now there are, of course among other files and folders, the two folders script and images and the 2 files of the mod in the game folder. When I try to open the game, the logo with roxxy appears on my screen for like 0.5 seconds but nothing else happens. Frankly, I don´t know what else to do since my knowledge of computer science ends here :D

P.S. : When i delete those 2 folders again the game doesn´t start, the original ones are gone as well since I overwrote them
That's strange. The game should come without those two folders (or only the images folder but empty except two files).

Did you download the official game files?

Or did you extract the sources yourself (using un.rpyc or unren.bat)?

Is there a file traceback.txt in the Summertime Saga or in the game folder? If yes, please attach it here.

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
I'm lucky, this time the error i described happend again with Jenny in her room. Similiar errors I had in earlier events in her room.

Cedric event I added, now, too.
If I open the file, I get the following error in the spoiler.
If I make a rollback, go to the breakfast room, the event starts during breakfast again and you can see few more errors like in the first save file in Jenny's room.
The error in her room happens also if I am in her room without the rollback. I think the error while loading happens because I saved during a dialogue, what the game in the moment doesn't like.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And another error in the middle of the screen, this time even mirrored. Third file, go in the room to meet Diane.

The fourth file is the same as the first 7-2 file, but in front of Jenny's room not already in the dialogue with her.

Last edited:
Reactions: srksrk 68

zaxrider29

Jun 9, 2018
Thnx for all the work put into this mod, without it i find the original animations endings all static n abrupt, but this mod adds some realism into the sex animations which makes it more better to play the game n enjoy the sex animation scenes!

On last bug still left, debbie's bedroom at mc house, night sex ending scene still calling a missing image in the mod code! bandicam 2019-10-29 21-12-49-388.jpg bandicam 2019-10-29 21-12-56-037.jpg

bandicam 2019-10-29 21-13-04-629.jpg

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I'm lucky, this time the error i described happend again with Jenny in her room. Similiar errors I had in earlier events in her room.

If I make a rollback, go to the breakfast room, the event starts during breakfast again and you can see few more errors like in the first save file in Jenny's room.
The error in her room happens also if I am in her room without the rollback. I think the error while loading happens because I saved during a dialogue, what the game in the moment doesn't like.

And another error in the middle of the screen, this time even mirrored. Third file, go in the room to meet Diane.

The fourth file is the same as the first 7-2 file, but in front of Jenny's room not already in the dialogue with her.
Thnx for all the work put into this mod, without it i find the original animations endings all static n abrupt, but this mod adds some realism into the sex animations which makes it more better to play the game n enjoy the sex animation scenes!

On last bug still left, debbie's bedroom at mc house, night sex ending scene still calling a missing image in the mod code! View attachment 444106 View attachment 444107

View attachment 444108
Just an error example of my previous post. Jenny has not mirroed messages... :)

View attachment 444140
Thanks for those detailed descriptions, will check this evening.

Whoknows2

Oct 27, 2019
That's strange. The game should come without those two folders (or only the images folder but empty except two files).

Is there a file traceback.txt in the Summertime Saga or in the game folder? If yes, please attach it here.
I downloaded the game from the official website, yes.
Unfortunately I don´t know what un.rypc or unren.bat are. Since the game as well as the mod come as .Zip-files I just do right click and "extract all" in my explorer and choose where to put it.
There is no traceback.txt file in my Summertime saga folder, only a traceback.PYO, but I suppose that one doesn´t do much help?

Maybe a reason for this problem is that I´ve pretty much downloaded every update since 0.15 and although I always delete the complete main folder and .zip folder sometimes save files from older versions still appear in the slots of the newer version. Obviously they don´t work then. I have no explanation why they are still there though.
My guess is that somewhere on my computer are one or more files of older game versions that cause the issue of the mod not properly working. But it would be easier to search a needle in a haystack than to find this data...

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
Hey guys,

Did you try to start the game again, after it didn't start the first time? First time I install a clean Summertime Saga, even without old persistent file and saves, it crashes the first time after installing the mod.

What operating system do you use? Maybe deactive the virus scanner and try to start the game as admin if you are in windows.

Save files are installed in the game\save folder, but also in the roaming\renpy folder of windows. Do not know if it is the same with other OS.

19.1 comes with 2 files populate.py in image\locations and pc_saga_menu.mkv in image\locations both get overwritten if the Naught Tribut get installed.

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
Another issue. 2 mouse clicks later (and also the next click). The error appears, but also disappear automatically.

And as without mod, a faceless mom

And one more after one mouse click, and few more in this scene. Some partly hidden behind Debbie, some mirrowed.

Also an error also without mod. There many pages in Jenny's diary doubled or even more than x-times the same page coming.

Last edited:

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
Had already 4 saves added the last post, so I started a new one.

Diane is playing with Daisy and I can't get in the barn

I added the save.

Error:

Whoknows2

Oct 27, 2019
Did you try to start the game again, after it didn't start the first time? First time I install a clean Summertime Saga, even without old persistent file and saves, it crashes the first time after installing the mod.

What operating system do you use? Maybe deactive the virus scanner and try to start the game as admin if you are in windows.

Save files are installed in the game\save folder, but also in the roaming\renpy folder of windows. Do not know if it is the same with other OS.

19.1 comes with 2 files populate.py in image\locations and pc_saga_menu.mkv in image\locations both get overwritten if the Naught Tribut get installed.
I´m using windows. And trust me, I tried to open the game like 100 times xD. Unfortunately deactivating my virus scanner and trying to open it as admin doesn´t work

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I downloaded the game from the official website, yes.
Unfortunately I don´t know what un.rypc or unren.bat are. Since the game as well as the mod come as .Zip-files I just do right click and "extract all" in my explorer and choose where to put it.
There is no traceback.txt file in my Summertime saga folder, only a traceback.PYO, but I suppose that one doesn´t do much help?

Maybe a reason for this problem is that I´ve pretty much downloaded every update since 0.15 and although I always delete the complete main folder and .zip folder sometimes save files from older versions still appear in the slots of the newer version. Obviously they don´t work then. I have no explanation why they are still there though.
My guess is that somewhere on my computer are one or more files of older game versions that cause the issue of the mod not properly working. But it would be easier to search a needle in a haystack than to find this data...
OK I just checked. The original game zip does only come with the images folder, in which there are two other folders, containing one file each. There are other files and folders inside the game folder, but no scripts folder. If that is not so in your case, something is wrong.

To get rid of all the remainders from previous game installations, you could try browsing the %appdata%\renpy folder and delete all folders starting with "summertimesaga".

If that does not work, I am out of ideas. Maybe try another computer to be sure that it is not your downloaded archive that is bugged.

Reactions: Whoknows2

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018

OK, I am unable to reproduce your Jenny errors. Are you sure you are using the most current version of mod and game?

I fixed the missing Diane face, however. But I cannot reproduce that mirrored error message in the clinic. Again: are you sure you are using the most current version of mod and game?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Another issue. 2 mouse clicks later (and also the next click). The error appears, but also disappear automatically.

And as without mod, a faceless mom

And one more after one mouse click, and few more in this scene. Some partly hidden behind Debbie, some mirrowed.

Also an error also without mod. There many pages in Jenny's diary doubled or even more than x-times the same page coming.
I fixed the faceless mom bug.
Had already 4 saves added the last post, so I started a new one.

Diane is playing with Daisy and I can't get in the barn

I added the save.

Error:
OK, fixed that as well (workaround, Diane is naked during that scene -- game doesn't expect her to wear the nightgown).

Whoknows2

Oct 27, 2019
OK I just checked. The original game zip does only come with the images folder, in which there are two other folders, containing one file each. There are other files and folders inside the game folder, but no scripts folder. If that is not so in your case, something is wrong.

To get rid of all the remainders from previous game installations, you could try browsing the %appdata%\renpy folder and delete all folders starting with "summertimesaga".

If that does not work, I am out of ideas. Maybe try another computer to be sure that it is not your downloaded archive that is bugged.
Ok I´ll try that as a last resort. Anyways, thank you very much for taking time for my issue and trying to help, I really appreciate it :)

4.90 star(s) 14 Votes