Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68]

4.90 star(s) 14 Votes

unimportant

Jan 25, 2019
Couple things:

There are a couple places where I get error messages on the screen for missing images. I was an idiot and deleted the saves at their locations, but I can tell you off the top of my head that one was fairly early on in Jenny's route, and the image name was something with 'hands on hips'.

Roxxy's route seems to be broken. This might be an issue with the base game (I can confirm the route works fine in 19.0, but haven't tried in vanilla 19.1), but the location of the break (when Roxxy's mom is arrested and you are supposed to go to the trailer; clicking on the trailer does not send you into the scene with roxxy at the taped up trailer, but instead a regular instance of the trailer without police tape or anything) makes me think it might be related to your mod adding a Roxxy sprite to the trailer park map - did you maybe inadvertently change where clicking on the trailer sends you when you changed the sprite?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Couple things:

There are a couple places where I get error messages on the screen for missing images. I was an idiot and deleted the saves at their locations, but I can tell you off the top of my head that one was fairly early on in Jenny's route, and the image name was something with 'hands on hips'.

Roxxy's route seems to be broken. This might be an issue with the base game (I can confirm the route works fine in 19.0, but haven't tried in vanilla 19.1), but the location of the break (when Roxxy's mom is arrested and you are supposed to go to the trailer; clicking on the trailer does not send you into the scene with roxxy at the taped up trailer, but instead a regular instance of the trailer without police tape or anything) makes me think it might be related to your mod adding a Roxxy sprite to the trailer park map - did you maybe inadvertently change where clicking on the trailer sends you when you changed the sprite?
Well, it's kinda hard telling without save... I did a complete playthrough with mod installed, and nothing gamebreaking occured. I am sure that some missing images might have escaped me, but if there is something like jumping to a location that would stop the story from progressing, that did not occur to me.

unimportant

Jan 25, 2019
Well, it's kinda hard telling without save... I did a complete playthrough with mod installed, and nothing gamebreaking occured. I am sure that some missing images might have escaped me, but if there is something like jumping to a location that would stop the story from progressing, that did not occur to me.
Yeah, I just fished the .zip out of my recycle bin and ran my save on a vanilla version and the route was still broken. I guess something broke somewhere else.

blooch

Aug 5, 2016
Just reporting: there are two files that need to be overwritten in installing Lains then naughty.
No luck for me though. Game crashes instantly regardless of overwriting the files or not.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Just reporting: there are two files that need to be overwritten in installing Lains then naughty.
No luck for me though. Game crashes instantly regardless of overwriting the files or not.
You are right, two files come with my mod that are also in the original game. They are identical, though, so it's safe either to keep or to overwrite them. I will try to keep in mind and exclude them in the future.

That said, I just installed Lain's mod and mine, and I got no crashes. If a crash happens, that may be because Lain bundles his files with the rpyc files (which are compiled versions of the rpy files), and since they will be recreated automatically on each game launch, I deleted them. I advise to try the same.

Especially, Lain included the unren-dev.rpyc file, which is the decopile tool that extracts Ren'py sources and is required for modding. However, this file cannot extract Summertime Saga correctly, and therefore the game will probably crash. It does not crash in any case, I think it has something to do with timestamps.

So, as a summary:
  1. Install the game
  2. Install Naughty Tribute (either overwrite or keep the two files)
  3. Install Lain's mod
  4. Delete the rpyc files
  5. Start the game
This should work.

blooch

Aug 5, 2016
You are right, two files come with my mod that are also in the original game. They are identical, though, so it's safe either to keep or to overwrite them. I will try to keep in mind and exclude them in the future.

That said, I just installed Lain's mod and mine, and I got no crashes. If a crash happens, that may be because Lain bundles his files with the rpyc files (which are compiled versions of the rpy files), and since they will be recreated automatically on each game launch, I deleted them. I advise to try the same.

Especially, Lain included the unren-dev.rpyc file, which is the decopile tool that extracts Ren'py sources and is required for modding. However, this file cannot extract Summertime Saga correctly, and therefore the game will probably crash. It does not crash in any case, I think it has something to do with timestamps.

So, as a summary:
  1. Install the game
  3. Install Lain's mod
  4. Delete the rpyc files
  5. Start the game
This should work.
deleting unren-dev.rpyc did the trick... thanks!!!

Whoknows2

Oct 27, 2019
Hey, it´s me again,

After 2 weeks I finally found time again to think about why the heck this mod doesn´t work for me. So I did a complete fresh install for like the millionth time and - who would have thought of it - it didn´t work, again black symbol and nothing else. But then, a holy spirit guarded me the way into the lib-folder, where i found the omnious windows-i686 folder. Inside that magical folder there was another symbol to start the game et voilá - it started and every function of the mod works just fine.

Just wanted to leave that here if anyone struggled with the same problem that I did (or is as stupid concering computers as I am), I guess that is the solution for that.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hey, it´s me again,

After 2 weeks I finally found time again to think about why the heck this mod doesn´t work for me. So I did a complete fresh install for like the millionth time and - who would have thought of it - it didn´t work, again black symbol and nothing else. But then, a holy spirit guarded me the way into the lib-folder, where i found the omnious windows-i686 folder. Inside that magical folder there was another symbol to start the game et voilá - it started and every function of the mod works just fine.

Just wanted to leave that here if anyone struggled with the same problem that I did (or is as stupid concering computers as I am), I guess that is the solution for that.
That's strange. Glad it works for you now. Do you have a 32bit Windows installation? In that x86 folder, there should be the 32bit executable, and if that one in the game folder is for 64bit machines, it would explain the error.

Also, the question is if the game would have run for you with the exe in the game folder without mod installed.

Whoknows2

Oct 27, 2019
That's strange. Glad it works for you now. Do you have a 32bit Windows installation? In that x86 folder, there should be the 32bit executable, and if that one in the game folder is for 64bit machines, it would explain the error.

Also, the question is if the game would have run for you with the exe in the game folder without mod installed.
I do have 64bit and the exe in the game folder worked just fine without the mod
really strange, but since it works with the other exe it´s ok

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi folks,

version 2.07 is up with the re-introduction of the improved cellphone goals app, and some graphical improvements/fixes.

The goals app was in the mod for the previous game release, but I took it out because the phone was completely re-done. However, they did not really improve it, so here it is back. Features:
  • Some girls only give meaningless hints. This is replaced by the technical description of the goal (usually only two words, but still better than the default).
  • Girls that had recent story progression are sorted at the top of the list to make it easier to keep track.
  • Aqua and Daisy get hints, too. Find them at the bottom of the list.
  • Girls at start or end state do no longer appear in the list.
Yes, i know that Erik and Cpt. Terry are not girls ;)

Have fun!

Reactions: Buddha330

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi Guys,

version 2.08 is up and lets you skip all minigames that are needed to beat the game, and that were not skippable before. Let me know if I missed some.

Also, some bugs are fixed.

Enjoy!

Reactions: Buddha330

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi folks,

version 3.00 of the mod is up and features an easy and generic way to add modified images. Consequently, the added high heels have been removed to satisfy those of you who never liked them, and provided as a separate download for those of you who did.

This separate downlaod also contains the pierced Eve version that all of you wanted.

Have fun!

Last edited:

Elyngas

Sep 19, 2017

So, as a summary:
  1. Install the game
  3. Install Lain's mod
  4. Delete the rpyc files
  5. Start the game
This should work.
Hey,
I tried to follow your instructions in order to install both this mod and Lain's, but no matter what I do, the game keeps crashing, giving me the message that I attached here. I tried deleting the rypc files, like you suggested, didn't work, tried a bunch of other stuff, like launching as admin, or rebooting my computer, nothing work :/ I don't know if there is a way to make them compatible, if so, I would like that because having both these mods is very useful, but if it's just not possible, I can always just reinstall the game with only one mod and to bad for the other ^^
Anyway, thank you in advance for your answer and I hope you'll be able to help me.

Gunerfox

Feb 24, 2019
Hey,
I tried to follow your instructions in order to install both this mod and Lain's, but no matter what I do, the game keeps crashing, giving me the message that I attached here. I tried deleting the rypc files, like you suggested, didn't work, tried a bunch of other stuff, like launching as admin, or rebooting my computer, nothing work :/ I don't know if there is a way to make them compatible, if so, I would like that because having both these mods is very useful, but if it's just not possible, I can always just reinstall the game with only one mod and to bad for the other ^^
Anyway, thank you in advance for your answer and I hope you'll be able to help me.
You need to download DejaVuSans.ttf and DejaVuSans-bold.ttf and put them on your game folder. Then it should work :)

Mikilande

May 21, 2018
I've tried all the methods, with the Mode:
Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod 0.19.1-3.00, the game crashes!!!!!!

So I reinstalled the MODE:
Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod 0.19.1-2.08 -- game and the game works well!!!!!!

Elyngas

Sep 19, 2017
You need to download DejaVuSans.ttf and DejaVuSans-bold.ttf and put them on your game folder. Then it should work :)
Thank you, that fixed one problem, but when I tried launching the game after getting the dejavusans files, I got a new error :/ I'll attach it here, same as before. If you could help me one more time, I would really appreciate it!

Gunerfox

Feb 24, 2019
Thank you, that fixed one problem, but when I tried launching the game after getting the dejavusans files, I got a new error :/ I'll attach it here, same as before. If you could help me one more time, I would really appreciate it!
Try putting this file in D:\Fun\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc\renpy\common
If you run to a a problem again that means you're missing many files. you need to reinstall the game and follow srksrk 68's guide. in installing both mods.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I've tried all the methods, with the Mode:
Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod 0.19.1-3.00, the game crashes!!!!!!

So I reinstalled the MODE:
Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod 0.19.1-2.08 -- game and the game works well!!!!!!
I will check this evening. Could you attach the traceback.txt file of the crash here?

Elyngas

Sep 19, 2017
Try putting this file in D:\Fun\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc\renpy\common
If you run to a a problem again that means you're missing many files. you need to reinstall the game and follow srksrk 68's guide. in installing both mods.
I tried, didn't work, so I'll try reinstalling it, thank you very much for your help!

4.90 star(s) 14 Votes