Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68]

4.90 star(s) 14 Votes

Mikilande

May 21, 2018
srksrk 68, Is there any possibility of having an answer to my problem #600?
Thanks in advance.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
srksrk 68, Is there any possibility of having an answer to my problem #600?
Thanks in advance.
As written before (others wrote it helped), open the file TributeMod.rpy and comment out the line

$ config.searchpath = [ 'game_options2', 'game_options', 'custom', 'game', 'common' ]

i.e. place a # at the beginning of the line. Save the file and try again.

However, some people said the problem was fixed with 3.00b, but since it is not for you, maybe you give that # solution a try.

Heshallburn

Mar 6, 2019
Not sure what happened, but I downloaded the mod and a fresh copy of 19.1 and it throwing exceptions. Tried multiple times and still didn't work.

Mikilande

May 21, 2018
Everything worked well until the version "Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod 0.19.1-2.08"

I hope you'll quickly find the error, because since the version "Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod 0.19.1-3.00 -- game_options" nothing is going anymore!

Good luck to you...

Feb 28, 2018
Hi guys,

can you please do me a favour and test out the following. Open the file <SummertimeSaga>\game\scripts\TributeMod.rpy in a text editor and replace the fourth line

$ config.searchpath = [ 'game_options2', 'game_options', 'custom', 'game' ]

with the following:

$ config.searchpath = [ 'game_options2', 'game_options', 'custom', 'game', 'common' ]

or if you deleted/commented that line before due to my earlier recommendation, please add it again (the second version with the "common" attached). Hope this is the fix...

VERY IMPORTANT: Please add four (4) spaces at the beginning of that line, otherwise it will not work! The line must start at position 5. So, actually, it must look like this (replace the # with a space each):

####$ config.searchpath = [ 'game_options2', 'game_options', 'custom', 'game', 'common' ]

Then save the file, and run the game. Please report back!
That didn't work unfortunately. The game still crashes with the same error message.
It only works if I remove the line completely.

ididntdoit20

Mar 4, 2018
Here's what i did ...

1) Follow post #594

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

2) GoTo your SummertimeSaga\renpy\common folder and copy the 3 font files and place them into your SummertimeSaga\Game folder

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copy the files

_OpenDyslexic3-Regular.ttf
DejaVuSans.ttf
DejaVuSans-Bold.ttf

From SummertimeSaga\Renpy\Common Folder

to SummertimeSaga\Game Folder

After You Did This

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2018
Copying the fonts into the game folder actually did the trick even without adding 'common' to the config.searchpath.

But doing that could lead to other issues if some other files in the common path are also referenced somewhere in the game.
So it would still be sensible to find the cause of the bug if you don't want to put the whole common folder into the mod to make 100% sure that the bug doesn't occure anymore.

Reactions: ididntdoit20

ididntdoit20

Mar 4, 2018
Copying the fonts into the game folder actually did the trick even without adding 'common' to the config.searchpath.
I deleted that whole line when i edited the rpy file ... thats why i i had to reinsert it ... If you didnt delete the line then theres no need to edit it at all just copy the font files ...

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
this worked for me (putting a '#' at the start of the line)
I did a clean install of 19.1 and then applied the ver 3.0 tribute mod. It crashed 100% 5/5 times. I then deleted everything and re-download 19.1 from MEGA vs Nopy. Then re-download 3.0 Tribute from the other site offered. Crashed 5/5 times again. I then did some searching and applied that fix you mentioned earlier about deleting the config.searchpath line in the TributeMod.rpy file. Now it works just fine. I'm on Windows 10.
I had same problem and your solution worked greatly!!! Thanks
I'm actually having this issue even with the fixed version, though putting a # at the beginning of that command line fixed the crash.
Everything worked well until the version "Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod 0.19.1-2.08"

I hope you'll quickly find the error, because since the version "Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod 0.19.1-3.00 -- game_options" nothing is going anymore!

Good luck to you...

But doing that could lead to other issues if some other files in the common path are also referenced somewhere in the game.
So it would still be sensible to find the cause of the bug if you don't want to put the whole common folder into the mod to make 100% sure that the bug doesn't occure anymore.
I deleted that whole line when i edited the rpy file ... thats why i i had to reinsert it ... If you didnt delete the line then theres no need to edit it at all just copy the font files ...
I will have to try that and see what happens. I was really looking forward to this mod.
Hi guys,

can you please try replacing that line that I asked you to edit or comment out before

Code:
with the following:

Code:
    $ config.searchpath = [config.searchpath[0]] + [config.basedir+'/game_options2',config.basedir+'/game_options',config.basedir+'/custom' ] + [config.searchpath[-1]]
Note the four spaces before the $ sign. Save and run the game and see if it works.

Thanks!

Feb 28, 2018
Hi guys,

can you please try replacing that line that I asked you to edit or comment out before

Code:
with the following:

Code:
    $ config.searchpath = [config.searchpath[0]] + [config.basedir+'/game_options2',config.basedir+'/game_options',config.basedir+'/custom' ] + [config.searchpath[-1]]
Note the four spaces before the $ sign. Save and run the game and see if it works.

Thanks!
That fixed the issue. The game doesn't crash anymore. (y)

Reactions: srksrk 68

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
OK guys, I uploaded the hopefully finally fixed version 3.01.

I still would very much like to know why it did not work for you, but for me and for others...

Last edited:
Reactions: lazycodemonkey

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I would hope that this and the high heels would be optional going forward. I'm not against them, I'm just not for them. It takes more away from the vanilla playthrough than it adds to your mod in all honesty. That's only my opinion though, please discard it if you feel strongly about it or have a lot of support for the changes.
Well, high heels are now optional (separate download), and I gave Ms. Bissette a slight re-work. Luckily for you, I would not do such a thing again too soon, because to do it right requires too much effort. Unfortunatelly, undoing that would be as much effort, therefore I would rather let it stay as it is right now.

Hope you can live with the compromise ;)

Apr 10, 2019
This worked for me.
Hi guys,

Code:
with the following:

Code:

Thanks!

Reactions: srksrk 68
4.90 star(s) 14 Votes