Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68]

4.90 star(s) 14 Votes

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
got this after installing 3.0 just so you know I have no other mod than the incest mod installed.
Can you please try the following out for me to check?

In the game folder, there is a file named TributeMod.rpy. Open this with a text editor and find the line (must be one of the first few lines in that file) starting with

$ config.searchpath = [ ...

Please remove that line (or place a comment sign # at beginning of the line), save and try again.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
OK guys, I am sorry but I cannot reproduce your problems. I installed the mod in a clean game installation, and it works perfectly.

Did you verify that really everything is installed as described? I just re-uploaded the mod again just to be sure it has not been corrupted in some way. Maybe you try again with a fresh download.

After the clean game installation without any mods, please run the game once to verify it works. Then install the mod, and only this one mod alone. Make sure that inside the "<summertime saga>\game" directory, there is now the scripts folder, and the images folder. The images folder must contain those folders:
  • backgrounds
  • characters
  • computer
  • cookie_jar
  • locations
  • map
  • minigames
  • objects
  • vfx
The game folder itself must contain:
  • cache
  • images
  • legal
  • python-packages
  • saves
  • scripts
  • audio.rpa
  • changelog.txt
  • data.rpa
  • fonts.rpa
  • images.rpa
  • Naughty Tribute Mod Readme.txt
  • pledge_list.txt
  • presplash.png
  • script_version.txt
  • scripts.rpa

Feb 28, 2018
srksrk 68 I redownloaded the mod and applied it on a fresh install but I still get the same error.
Code:
Exception: Could not find font u'DejaVuSans.ttf'.
I'm running the game on macOS btw.

Edit:

This is the complete tracelog:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I think the error message is a bit misleading. The important part is actually this one:
Code:
File "game/scripts/script.rpy", line 60, in script
    call screen main_menu()
So the bug lies somewhere in the Main Menu. That's actually the behavior I've seen. The game starts and I see the Developer's Logo but just before opening the Main Menu the game crashes.

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
srksrk 68 I redownloaded the mod and applied it on a fresh install but I still get the same error.
Code:
Exception: Could not find font u'DejaVuSans.ttf'.
I'm running the game on macOS btw.

Edit:

This is the complete tracelog:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I think the error message is a bit misleading. The important part is actually this one:
Code:
File "game/scripts/script.rpy", line 60, in script
    call screen main_menu()
So the bug lies somewhere in the Main Menu. That's actually the behavior I've seen. The game starts and I see the Developer's Logo but just before opening the Main Menu the game crashes.
Do you find that "missing" font in the renpy directory? Can you change the working directory of an executable on the Mac? Do you have permission to that directory?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
No, the font is not there.

I have no idea ^^

Yes, I have read and write permissions for the app and all its subfolders.
If the error does not appear in your unmodded fresh game installation, but after you installed the mod and verified everything I wrote on this page, then I am out of ideas.

In my game installation, the font is here: "<SummertimeSaga>\renpy\common\DejaVuSans.ttf". If it is not in your game, nothing the mod does can have anything to do with it.

Did it work with an older version of the mod?

50 cent's dealer

Sep 17, 2017
Can you please try the following out for me to check?

In the game folder, there is a file named TributeMod.rpy. Open this with a text editor and find the line (must be one of the first few lines in that file) starting with

$ config.searchpath = [ ...

Please remove that line (or place a comment sign # at beginning of the line), save and try again.
this worked for me (putting a '#' at the start of the line)

Reactions: barkingupastorm

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Really? I would not have expected that. This parameter is according to the documentation only responsible when it comes to loading images. Plus, it's working for me...

Will investigate further this evening.

Reactions: bennino1984

delta21

Sep 8, 2017
I did a clean install of 19.1 and then applied the ver 3.0 tribute mod. It crashed 100% 5/5 times. I then deleted everything and re-download 19.1 from MEGA vs Nopy. Then re-download 3.0 Tribute from the other site offered. Crashed 5/5 times again. I then did some searching and applied that fix you mentioned earlier about deleting the config.searchpath line in the TributeMod.rpy file. Now it works just fine. I'm on Windows 10.

Feb 28, 2018
If the error does not appear in your unmodded fresh game installation, but after you installed the mod and verified everything I wrote on this page, then I am out of ideas.

In my game installation, the font is here: "<SummertimeSaga>\renpy\common\DejaVuSans.ttf". If it is not in your game, nothing the mod does can have anything to do with it.
Oh that's strange. I used the search function and couldn't find it, but yes, the font is actually there in that folder.
The search function probably doesn't look inside apps. I'm sorry for that.
But like I said, I think the error message is just misleading. The font is probably not the issue.

Did it work with an older version of the mod?
The unmodded game runs without issues as well as with the 2.08 Mod Version or below. It just crashes with 3.0 Mod.

polorsport

Jun 3, 2017
I'm having an issue with your mod. It seems to give everything a like red filter.

It goes away when I hit the h button on text. To hide the text.

But, comes back when I continue the game.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I did a clean install of 19.1 and then applied the ver 3.0 tribute mod. It crashed 100% 5/5 times. I then deleted everything and re-download 19.1 from MEGA vs Nopy. Then re-download 3.0 Tribute from the other site offered. Crashed 5/5 times again. I then did some searching and applied that fix you mentioned earlier about deleting the config.searchpath line in the TributeMod.rpy file. Now it works just fine. I'm on Windows 10.
Oh that's strange. I used the search function and couldn't find it, but yes, the font is actually there in that folder.
The search function probably doesn't look inside apps. I'm sorry for that.
But like I said, I think the error message is just misleading. The font is probably not the issue.

The unmodded game runs without issues as well as with the 2.08 Mod Version or below. It just crashes with 3.0 Mod.
Hi guys,

can you please do me a favour and test out the following. Open the file <SummertimeSaga>\game\scripts\TributeMod.rpy in a text editor and replace the fourth line

$ config.searchpath = [ 'game_options2', 'game_options', 'custom', 'game' ]

with the following:

$ config.searchpath = [ 'game_options2', 'game_options', 'custom', 'game', 'common' ]

or if you deleted/commented that line before due to my earlier recommendation, please add it again (the second version with the "common" attached). Hope this is the fix...

VERY IMPORTANT: Please add four (4) spaces at the beginning of that line, otherwise it will not work! The line must start at position 5. So, actually, it must look like this (replace the # with a space each):

####$ config.searchpath = [ 'game_options2', 'game_options', 'custom', 'game', 'common' ]

Then save the file, and run the game. Please report back!

Last edited:
Reactions: omarstar

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I'm having an issue with your mod. It seems to give everything a like red filter.

It goes away when I hit the h button on text. To hide the text.

But, comes back when I continue the game.
This is an intentional feature. The mod provides daytime transitions, to make it somewhat smoother and to provide a warm (reddish) afternoon lightning as well as a colder (blue) late-night environment. Plus, the transitions take a second to blend over, not the rush change of the vanilla game.

As the feature list says, if you don't want this, place a file "no_dawn.txt" in the "<Summertime Saga>\game" folder.

Reactions: polorsport

bennino1984

Nov 21, 2017
Really? I would not have expected that. This parameter is according to the documentation only responsible when it comes to loading images. Plus, it's working for me...

Will investigate further this evening.
I had same problem and your solution worked greatly!!! Thanks

Reactions: srksrk 68

omarstar

Feb 23, 2018
Hi guys,

can you please do me a favour and test out the following. Open the file <SummertimeSaga>\game\scripts\TributeMod.rpy in a text editor and replace the fourth line

$ config.searchpath = [ 'game_options2', 'game_options', 'custom', 'game' ]

with the following:

$ config.searchpath = [ 'game_options2', 'game_options', 'custom', 'game', 'common' ]

or if you deleted/commented that line before due to my earlier recommendation, please add it again (the second version with the "common" attached). Hope this is the fix...

VERY IMPORTANT: Please add four (4) spaces at the beginning of that line, otherwise it will not work! The line must start at position 5. So, actually, it must look like this (replace the # with a space each):

####$ config.searchpath = [ 'game_options2', 'game_options', 'custom', 'game', 'common' ]

Then save the file, and run the game. Please report back!
it works

Reactions: srksrk 68

Mikilande

May 21, 2018
I followed your MODE OF USE for the installation of Summertime Saga 19.1 to the letter 5 times in a row with THE MODE:

"Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod 0.19.1-3.00b"

Crash of the GAME every time!!!!!!!

Read the result of the "traceback" file

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I'm actually having this issue even with the fixed version, though putting a # at the beginning of that command line fixed the crash.
Well it's a bit hard to fix if it does not occur to me, and people telling me it's fixed for them...

I will look at it further.

4.90 star(s) 14 Votes