Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
1. Windows
2. in order. cache, images, legal, overlays, python-packages, scripts. then it is the other files that come with the game and the read me's and presplash pic
3. It say's it's the most recent on the files i downloaded and the base game contents are in line with the new content.
Is there no saves directory in there?

Try delete all contents of the cache directory and start again.

Also, re-starting the PC might be a good idea.

Edit: The game also needs write access to the folders (especially the scripts folder) in order to compile the sources and store the compiled modules. So verify that your user has write access to that folder. Maybe start the game as administrator. Check if there are any *.rpyc files (which are the compiled versions of the *.rpy file) in the scripts folder. Also, because there will be a lot of files to be compiled at first start, the game might take a while, become unresponsive or even crash, so try at least two times.

Last edited:

Jrobbo117

Dec 30, 2017
Is there no saves directory in there?

Try delete all contents of the cache directory and start again.

Also, re-starting the PC might be a good idea.

Edit: The game also needs write access to the folders (especially the scripts folder) in order to compile the sources and store the compiled modules. So verify that your user has write access to that folder. Maybe start the game as administrator. Check if there are any *.rpyc files (which are the compiled versions of the *.rpy file) in the scripts folder. Also, because there will be a lot of files to be compiled at first start, the game might take a while, become unresponsive or even crash, so try at least two times.
Ok so i deleted all my saves and my persistent file which is basically gallery from my computer, restarted computer, reinstalled game, did the game till the world map, now have the save folder with my save in it, installed mod, opened it, stopped, opened again, closed, run with admin, still no work, deleted everything in cache file, still nothing. Also no .rpyc files in scripts that i can see.

Jrobbo117

Dec 30, 2017
That is the issue I guess. The game cannot write into the game folder. This has to be figured out.

Is there a traceback.txt or errors.txt or log.txt file generated?
I do have a log, here it is and i don't have any .rpyc files because i didn't get them from the mod.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I do have a log, here it is and i don't have any .rpyc files because i didn't get them from the mod.
Sorry, I have no idea...

You don't get rpyc files from the mod, the game creates them itself. Normally...

What exactly happens when you start the game? Does it crash or simply hang? Do you kill it with the task manager, and if so, after how long you waited? Does it end itself without crash? Did you check in task manager if it is still running when you start it new?

What happens if you delete the file(s) scripts\TributeMod.rpy and scripts\TributeMod.rpyc (if available) and start the game again? This should give an error, but I would be interested to see which one.

Can you try on a different machine?

Jrobbo117

Dec 30, 2017
Sorry, I have no idea...

You don't get rpyc files from the mod, the game creates them itself. Normally...

What exactly happens when you start the game? Does it crash or simply hang? Do you kill it with the task manager, and if so, after how long you waited? Does it end itself without crash? Did you check in task manager if it is still running when you start it new?

What happens if you delete the file(s) scripts\TributeMod.rpy and scripts\TributeMod.rpyc (if available) and start the game again? This should give an error, but I would be interested to see which one.

Can you try on a different machine?
It starts with roxxy's face but after about 5 secs it closes, no not responding or anything. I looked in task manager but it is not active in it unless i try to play it again then just stops. I deleted the TributeMod.rpy and played again, same thing. I tried on another machine and it worked. So i copied the game back onto my laptop and it did the same as it did, even with the rpyc files in. Might be with my computer but i can't see how.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
It starts with roxxy's face but after about 5 secs it closes, no not responding or anything. I looked in task manager but it is not active in it unless i try to play it again then just stops. I deleted the TributeMod.rpy and played again, same thing. I tried on another machine and it worked. So i copied the game back onto my laptop and it did the same as it did, even with the rpyc files in. Might be with my computer but i can't see how.
Well the strange thing is that it appears to work without mod. But if you can make it work with mod on another machine, there must be some difference between the two. However, without deep system analysis I fear I cannot help further...

Can you install on another disk on the machine where it does not work, maybe a USB thumb drive?

Jrobbo117

Dec 30, 2017
Well the strange thing is that it appears to work without mod. But if you can make it work with mod on another machine, there must be some difference between the two. However, without deep system analysis I fear I cannot help further...

Can you install on another disk on the machine where it does not work, maybe a USB thumb drive?
Tried it on a usb but sadly does the same thing, i'll just play it on my other machine. RIP my laptop and this mod.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Its my txt file and its in game file aswell you said.
OK on first sight: you un-commented every line around those parameters. You must only uncommend the single line that contains the parameter. The other lines are, well, comments ;)

If you check in-game, you should see (at the bottom of the parameter list) that an error occured, and that the parameter stays at default.

I can attach a corrected config file later if it still does not help.

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
OK on first sight: you un-commented every line around those parameters. You must only uncommend the single line that contains the parameter. The other lines are, well, comments ;)

If you check in-game, you should see (at the bottom of the parameter list) that an error occured, and that the parameter stays at default.

I can attach a corrected config file later if it still does not help.
Can you give me correct one for being sure? Thanks.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Can you give me correct one for being sure? Thanks.
Here you go.

But keep in mind, those options only affect animations that are also present in vanilla game, and which are not beeing smoothed in vanilla as well. Those are almost all sex animations, but there are some smaller ones that are smooth in vanilla as well. Those are not modified by the mod, and therefore not by this configuration.

And, please be sure you saved the attached config file under the correct name, and please do verify in-game that the options are correctly read! With in-game I mean: open the run the game, and in the main menu, click the link on bottom right (the one that is marked in the screenshot in the first post) which opens the readme and the green windows with all the options. There, the desired value must show up.

Last edited:
Reactions: RandyPhoenix

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Here you go.

But keep in mind, those options only affect animations that are also present in vanilla game, and which are not beeing smoothed in vanilla as well. Those are almost all sex animations, but there are some smaller ones that are smooth in vanilla as well. Those are not modified by the mod, and therefore not by this configuration.

And, please be sure you saved the attached config file under the correct name, and please do verify in-game that the options are correctly read! With in-game I mean: open the run the game, and in the main menu, click the link on bottom right (the one that is marked in the screenshot in the first post) which opens the readme and the green windows with all the options. There, the desired value must show up.
Thanks

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi guys,

version 2.00 is now online, with a cool new feature: online configuration of the mod's features, in-game, without manual config file editing. This can also be done during a currently running animation, to be viewd in the background, so that you can see the effect of your change immediately.

Version 0.20.1-2.00:
  • Added a customizing UI for all the mod options -- no more need to manually download or adapt the config file!
  • More naughtification for Tina (creampies still dripping after being caught by Becca and Missy).
  • Added an optional content archive for Maria (heels and hairy -- thanks to Summertime Saga Hairy mod).
  • Added an optional content archive for Josephine (hairy -- thanks to Summertime Saga Hairy mod).
  • Extended optional content for Tina (three options available).
The config file can still be edited manually, but there is no longer a need for it.

Please note that the optional content should be downloaded again for this release, since there have been some structural changes. This means also that the optional content needs to be configured again: In order to avoid unpredictable side effects, for each girl only one optional pack should be enabled (OVERRIDES_<package> = 1). Other installed packages for the same girl should be disabled (= 0).

But with the new UI, this should be no problem ;)

Have fun!

Last edited:

q87g

Oct 4, 2017
Anyone else getting this error when starting the PC in the players room?
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/TributeMod.rpy", line 1211, in script
    label _game_option(option):
Exception: Required parameter option has no value.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/core/user_interface/cellphone/hooks.rpyc", line 13, in script call
  File "scripts/locks/01global_lock_check.rpyc", line 79, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/hallway.rpyc", line 68, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/entrance.rpyc", line 204, in script call
  File "scripts/locks/01global_lock_check.rpyc", line 41, in script call
  File "scripts/locks/home_lock_check.rpyc", line 185, in script call
  File "scripts/characters/debbie/button.rpyc", line 7, in script call
  File "scripts/locks/01global_lock_check.rpyc", line 41, in script call
  File "scripts/locks/home_lock_check.rpyc", line 185, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/entrance.rpyc", line 204, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/home/home.rpyc", line 58, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/computer/boot.rpyc", line 7, in script call
  File "scripts/core/computer/main.rpyc", line 4, in script call
  File "scripts/core/computer/main.rpyc", line 36, in script call
  File "scripts/core/computer/main.rpyc", line 46, in script call
  File "game/scripts/TributeMod.rpy", line 1211, in script
    label _game_option(option):
  File "C:\Games\VN\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 855, in execute
    values = apply_arguments(self.parameters, renpy.store._args, renpy.store._kwargs)
  File "C:\Games\VN\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 158, in apply_arguments
    return parameters.apply(args, kwargs, ignore_errors)
  File "C:\Games\VN\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 122, in apply
    raise Exception("Required parameter %s has no value." % name)
Exception: Required parameter option has no value.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
SummertimeSaga 0.20.1
New game. I can ignore it and get into the PC that way, but the error will occur again when entering the PC again after exiting..

Reactions: Iramis
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes