Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi all,

version 2.02 is up, addressing issues that many find annoying and might be interesting to some of you.

Version 0.20.1-2.02:
  • Enhanced the SMOOTHING parameter to allow values from 0.0 (off, hard) to 1.0 (soft) in steps of 0.1, instead of only 0 (off) and 1 (on).
  • Introduced a new SMOOTHING2 parameter, having the same value range. SMOOTHING2 is affecting all off- and after-sex animations introduced by the mod.
  • Made the forest altar minigame skippable without cheats enabled.
  • Made the pizza delivery minigame skippable without cheats enabled. Note that this is not meant to be a money cheat, you will not get the perfect result.
  • Fixed: Dexter fight was not skippable.
  • Added parameter to manage skipping of minigames.
  • Replaced the presplash.png image file, which seems to make trouble on some machines.
Have fun!

Reactions: Hentai0052

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Thank so much for the update !!
I have another suggestion, but let me know if it's too much :ROFLMAO:
Maria is one of the hottest women in the game and I think she could be even sexier with a nice ankle bracelet, don't you think ?
The h-scene on the bed is perfect for that and as an italian lady it would fit her well. I let you decide if it worth your time ;)
Have a nice weekend !
Well, that would be quite a challenge...

Maybe if I run out of ideas for the mod in the next days ;)

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I like the bracelet idea but I think adding a simple wedding ring it's the first thing to do. She's a married lady after all :love:
You are totally right, but... there are some problems.

For one, that would mean a lot of images to be modified, not only the sex scenes.

Second, the real problem is image mirroring. Ren'Py does that all the time. So each time she turns left or right, the wedding ring would magically flip from left to right hand and back again.

If you would want to see it during sex only, you would have to choose between kitchen and storeroom sex because it's exactly the other hand you see there.

Blowjob shows her left hand, but that would the correct one only in America afaik, but not for Europe.

See? Problems over problems...

May 22, 2020
You are totally right, but... there are some problems.

For one, that would mean a lot of images to be modified, not only the sex scenes.

Second, the real problem is image mirroring. Ren'Py does that all the time. So each time she turns left or right, the wedding ring would magically flip from left to right hand and back again.

If you would want to see it during sex only, you would have to choose between kitchen and storeroom sex because it's exactly the other hand you see there.

Blowjob shows her left hand, but that would the correct one only in America afaik, but not for Europe.

See? Problems over problems...
I see... Too bad :cautious: Thanks for the explanation !

The mods that I expect the most for this game are :
- One who let you (easily) change the sentence during the sex scenes. Some are weak and really repetitive :rolleyes:
I tried to extract the dialogs files but it's really long to find the lines manually.
- Another who let you have sex with women who are pregnant (because of you). I understand some positions will look weird, but stopping the sex interactions because of that breaks the game for me..

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I see... Too bad :cautious: Thanks for the explanation !

The mods that I expect the most for this game are :
- One who let you (easily) change the sentence during the sex scenes. Some are weak and really repetitive :rolleyes:
I tried to extract the dialogs files but it's really long to find the lines manually.
- Another who let you have sex with women who are pregnant (because of you). I understand some positions will look weird, but stopping the sex interactions because of that breaks the game for me..
Pregnant sex is something DC promised to add when the game is more finished.

As to locate the dialog lines (or wherever you currently are in the game respective source file), this can be achieved by correctly setting up an editor. If done correctly, pressing shift+E will launch the editor with the correct file loaded at the correct position.

I attach two files here that make that for Notepad++. Those are the preconditions for it to work:
  • Extract the files into your <Summertime Saga> directory
  • Notepad++ installed on your PC (see or change correct path in npp.edit.py)
  • Adapt the path to your game (<Summertime Saga>) in the environment.txt file
  • Game sources extracted into <Summertime Saga>\game.ori\scripts for the unmodded source files
  • Modded source files go into <Summertime Saga>\game\scripts
With this setup, Ren'Py will launch Notepad++, loading the modded source file, if found, and the original file if no modded file is found.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi folks,

version 2.03 is up with some fine tuning. Main purpose is to ensure that only one optional content can be activated at one time per girl. For this, the optional content archive has to be downloaded again, together with the mod.

If you want to try out the different options and want to see what happens real-time, this is your version. Apart from this more or less bigger internal change, nothing much has changed for you, so feel free if you want to have it.

Have fun!

Reactions: Warrior69

FoXeR34

Jul 30, 2017
Hello everyone, I copied the Naughty Tribute contend to the /game folder and every time I start the game I get: "ERROR: Current version not found in Naughty Tribute Mod Readme.txt
Click to exit game..."
Please help with that. Thank you

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hello everyone, I copied the Naughty Tribute contend to the /game folder and every time I start the game I get: "ERROR: Current version not found in Naughty Tribute Mod Readme.txt
Click to exit game..."
Please help with that. Thank you
Do you have a file "<SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc>\game\Naughty Tribute Mod Readme.txt"? Does it contain the following lines?
Code:
Change log
----------

Current version: https://f95zone.to/threads/summertime-saga-naughty-tribute-mod-srksrk-68.22539/
Version 0.20.1-2.03:
If not, you either installed it wrong, or downloaded an inofficial "re-distribution".

Reactions: FoXeR34

Anxiaus

May 24, 2020
Hello, for some reason I can't customize the config menu. If I could get some help it would be appreciated. Stay safe everyone!

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hello, for some reason I can't customize the config menu. If I could get some help it would be appreciated. Stay safe everyone!
I would need some more details. You mean you cannot save, i.e. changes are lost after re-start? That would be a bug I just fixed, will release new version soon.

Anxiaus

May 24, 2020
I would need some more details. You mean you cannot save, i.e. changes are lost after re-start? That would be a bug I just fixed, will release new version soon.
when i click on the mod version, i see the configuration menu but i can not change the values.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
when i click on the mod version, i see the configuration menu but i can not change the values.
Then the next question would be if you are using an older version. But you would not ask such a question when the newest version can be downloaded from the first post in this thread, would you...?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi guys,

version 2.04 is up with some fixes:

Version 0.20.1-2.04:

- Correction for Cassie custom pool medicroom sex scene.
- Fixed Roxxy present multiple times in the trailer park at the Weekend.
- Fixed configuration could not be saved if no config file is present.

Have fun!

Anxiaus

May 24, 2020
Hi guys,

version 2.04 is up with some fixes:

Version 0.20.1-2.04:

- Correction for Cassie custom pool medicroom sex scene.
- Fixed Roxxy present multiple times in the trailer park at the Weekend.
- Fixed configuration could not be saved if no config file is present.

Have fun!
I feel like an idiot. My apologies. Didn't even see that a new version was released. Sorry about that.

May 26, 2019
Hello srksrk 68, I want to let you know that this mod is really awesome!

At first, I thought all your mod did was add lines of cum after the MC creampied a girl.
Realizing all the quality of life improvements this mod adds to the game, this is insanely amazing.
Thank you for this.

How I just have Three Requests:

1) Could you do something about where in-game screenshots are saved?
The game allows you take screenshots by pressing the "Shift+S" key combination.

Could you make it so that all screenshots taken using this in-game mechanic are, by default, saved in a screenshot folder?
This would be so much better than having the images saved right next to the game executable file.

2) Could you either change the original game_overrides folder to make it Linux compatible or add the Linux version of the folder that I created to your original post of this thread?
Essentially, when it comes to Linux machines, the png images in the game_overrides folder don't work because you have ".png" in the file name of each image.

This leads to the game breaking when a Linux user tries to edit the config file through the main menu.
I have resolved this issue by using the Bash code below:

Bash:
         find ./SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc/game_overrides -iname "*.png" -type f -print0 | xargs -0 rename 's/.png//' *.png
to eliminate the ".png" at the end of the file names and to create the new game_overrides folder linked below:

The file is completely safe and legit (you can check/verify it for yourself)!
It would be really appreciated by Linux users if you could make take this extra step and make this adjustment.

3) Could you add more information about the game_overrides folder? I am specifically referring to two things:

(a) Could you display what changes actually occur due to the games_overrides folder like you do for the original mod?
Please show before and after pictures of the girls regarding the effects of the games_overrides folder addition.
This would make it more clear what this extra folder actually does and has to offer.

(b) Could you warn users that the Config.txt file won't show up until after they have altered the config settings through the main menu?
It was really confusing to see the error stating the config file was missing from the "\game" folder when entering the green window for the first time.
Just a little heads up for your users (preferably in bold text), both at the top of the green in-game configuration window and in the configuration section of this thread's main post, would do.

This is a truly amazing mod and the best mod I've seen for any game on this site.
Thanks again and best to you.

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hello srksrk 68, I want to let you know that this mod is really awesome!

At first, I thought all your mod did was add lines of cum after the MC creampied a girl.
Realizing all the quality of life improvements this mod adds to the game, this is insanely amazing.
Thank you for this.

How I just have Three Requests:

1) Could you do something about where in-game screenshots are saved?
The game allows you take screenshots by pressing the "Shift+S" key combination.

Could you make it so that all screenshots taken using this in-game mechanic are, by default, saved in a screenshot folder?
This would be so much better than having the images saved right next to the game executable file.

2) Could you either change the original game_overrides folder to make it Linux compatible or add the Linux version of the folder that I created to your original post of this thread?
Essentially, when it comes to Linux machines, the png images in the game_overrides folder don't work because you have ".png" in the file name of each image.

This leads to the game breaking when a Linux user tries to edit the config file through the main menu.
I have resolved this issue by using the Bash code below:

Bash:
         find ./SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc/game_overrides -iname "*.png" -type f -print0 | xargs -0 rename 's/.png//' *.png
to eliminate the ".png" at the end of the file names and to create the new game_overrides folder linked below:

The file is completely safe and legit (you can check/verify it for yourself)!
It would be really appreciated by Linux users if you could make take this extra step and make this adjustment.

3) Could you add more information about the game_overrides folder? I am specifically referring to two things:

(a) Could you display what changes actually occur due to the games_overrides folder like you do for the original mod?
Please show before and after pictures of the girls regarding the effects of the games_overrides folder addition.
This would make it more clear what this extra folder actually does and has to offer.

(b) Could you warn users that the Config.txt file won't show up until after they have altered the config settings through the main menu?
It was really confusing to see the error stating the config file was missing from the "\game" folder when entering the green window for the first time.
Just a little heads up for your users (preferably in bold text), both at the top of the green in-game configuration window and in the configuration section of this thread's main post, would do.

This is a truly amazing mod and the best mod I've seen for any game on this site.
Thanks again and best to you.
Oh, I will certainly give all of your suggestions strong consideration! Thanks for the positive thoughts and feedback :)

I would very much like to know what the reason behind this .png thing is on linux. It works well on Android (which also is linux based in a way). But I also got feedback that it does not work on Mac (without a precise analysis, though).

For your other points:

I can look into the screenshot issue, but I cannot promise anything. I fear if I now change the location, a lot of users will complain because they no longer find them ;)

Regarding the overrides, that would basically mean to create a sample image for each option, which would definitely be possible. The current solution was only a quick hack. Would be a nice to have, but I will see when I come to it.

Same as for the error message, which basically just displays what Ren'Py gives to me when the files are accessed. I know it can be confusing for the user to have an error that actually is no error (file not found) but I do not know how to avoid that without hard-coding on the error text itself, which would not be a very smart solution. I wll see if I can change that.

Reactions: TheGrandMasterCory

Dr9i5

Mar 23, 2020
after i install this mod I can't use page up to rollback, is there any possibility to do it without the mouse option ?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
after i install this mod I can't use page up to rollback, is there any possibility to do it without the mouse option ?
Without this mod, rollback was not possible at all, so it's an improvement ;)

You can edit the file TributeMod.rpy in the game\scripts directory to add the desired key codes. I will see if I can include it for the next version.

Reactions: Dr9i5
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes