Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes
May 26, 2019
Oh, I will certainly give all of your suggestions strong consideration! Thanks for the positive thoughts and feedback :)
And thank you once again for this incredible mod. You have done amazing work and have really made playing this game a much more fun and enjoyable experience.

I would very much like to know what the reason behind this .png thing is on linux. It works well on Android (which also is linux based in a way). But I also got feedback that it does not work on Mac (without a precise analysis, though).
Yeah, it is indeed very odd. It may have to do with certain Linux systems, such as the one I'm using (Mint), determining image types differently than other machines like Windows and Android.

Whereas other systems determine the type of image by looking at the extension at the end of the filename, certain Linux distributions identify images through other means. This, in turn, leads to conflict for a Linux machine when it encounters an image with a ".png" file extension at the end of its filename.

Really, I'm just making an educated guess as to what is going on.

For your other points:

I can look into the screenshot issue, but I cannot promise anything. I fear if I now change the location, a lot of users will complain because they no longer find them ;)

Regarding the overrides, that would basically mean to create a sample image for each option, which would definitely be possible. The current solution was only a quick hack. Would be a nice to have, but I will see when I come to it.

Same as for the error message, which basically just displays what Ren'Py gives to me when the files are accessed. I know it can be confusing for the user to have an error that actually is no error (file not found) but I do not know how to avoid that without hard-coding on the error text itself, which would not be a very smart solution. I wll see if I can change that.
- I think most people would welcome this screenshot mod. Just inform them about where exactly the screenshots will now be saved and then warn them to put all their old screenshots into the new screenshot folder.
But I understand your worry to not hastily implement this before confirming with more people if this is something they would appreciate and enjoy.

- Regarding the overrides, I'm just asking you to, at the very least, take the new game_overrides folder I created and put it on the main post of this thread, labeling it for Linux users.
Then whenever you update the game_overrides mod, do the update for the Linux version as well.
It really is just a matter of ridding the png filenames of the ".png" at their ends.

- Lastly for the error message, I'm not asking you to fix or get rid of the error.
I just want you to warn us that the error is no big deal. Warn us in your main post here on this thread, and warn us at the top of the green window box for the configuration.
I know getting rid of the error is too much work for such a minor problem. That's why I only want you to get rid of user confusion by informing us beforehand that the error is no big deal.

I hope this clarifies things and I wish you the best with all your endeavors.
Especially this particular one. ;)

aflyonthewa11

Apr 24, 2020
hey are there any users that are running this mod on a mac? i keep running into a permission error and i'm not really sure how to go about fixing it. any insight's greatly appreciated!

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
And thank you once again for this incredible mod. You have done amazing work and have really made playing this game a much more fun and enjoyable experience.

Yeah, it is indeed very odd. It may have to do with certain Linux systems, such as the one I'm using (Mint), determining image types differently than other machines like Windows and Android.

Whereas other systems determine the type of image by looking at the extension at the end of the filename, certain Linux distributions identify images through other means. This, in turn, leads to conflict for a Linux machine when it encounters an image with a ".png" file extension at the end of its filename.

- I think most people would welcome this screenshot mod. Just inform them about where exactly the screenshots will now be saved and then warn them to put all their old screenshots into the new screenshot folder.
But I understand your worry to not hastily implement this before confirming with more people if this is something they would appreciate and enjoy.

- Regarding the overrides, I'm just asking you to, at the very least, take the new game_overrides folder I created and put it on the main post of this thread, labeling it for Linux users.
Then whenever you update the game_overrides mod, do the update for the Linux version as well.
It really is just a matter of ridding the png filenames of the ".png" at their ends.

- Lastly for the error message, I'm not asking you to fix or get rid of the error.
I just want you to warn us that the error is no big deal. Warn us in your main post here on this thread, and warn us at the top of the green window box for the configuration.
I know getting rid of the error is too much work for such a minor problem. That's why I only want you to get rid of user confusion by informing us beforehand that the error is no big deal.

OK this is difficult to judge for me, not having a linux system. Maybe the problem is that the PNG files are actually renamed WEBP files, but this is what the original game does as well. Also I am confused why the operating system should take an interest about the content of a file an application wants to load. It just should not. If it was a file named .honey but contained marmelade, it should just not care.

I guess I give the screenshot thing a thought, maybe make it configurable if possible.

And I already removed the file not found error for the next release. Coming soon (TM)

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
after i install this mod I can't use page up to rollback, is there any possibility to do it without the mouse option ?
I just checked this again and must wonder what you are talking about. Page-up and -down work like a charm. Did you install other mods as well?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi folks,

version 2.05 is up with some fixes, features and improvements for you to check out.

Version 0.20.1-2.05:
  • Re-done the optional content system (game_overrides) to have sample and original images for a comparison in the config menu. Optional content needs to be downloaded again for this.
  • Sample images for original content now also work on Android.
  • Made the pregnancy minigame skippable with selectable outcome (win/lose) when skippable minigames are configured in the options. This is is independent from pregnax/cumdoom pills.
  • Made the spinbottle minigame skippable with selectable outcome by clicking on character image instead of spin button when skippable minigames are configured in the options.
  • Blocked rollback after bottle stopped spinning or character image has been clicked to avoid inconsistencies and deadlocks.
  • Added hint in configuration menu that parameter HANDLEROLLBACK requires restart.
  • Removed error message in configuration UI about Naughty Tribute Mod Config.txt not being found since this is not an error.
  • Fixed an issue where Helen's corsett and body could get out of sync during her Holy Seeding.
Have fun!

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018

Hi,

the newest version covers all of your third request, I guess. I am sorry that I cannot do anything about a linux-friendly optional content archive. However, I added a note in the optional content section of the first post.

And the screenshots -- I did not tamper with that because I have no idea how to do this and make everybody happy. Biggest issue is to make everybody know where the screenshots go now, or alternatively provide a config option. But that would make things too complicated for now. Maybe later I do something about that.

Reactions: TheGrandMasterCory
May 26, 2019
Hi,

the newest version covers all of your third request, I guess. I am sorry that I cannot do anything about a linux-friendly optional content archive. However, I added a note in the optional content section of the first post.

And the screenshots -- I did not tamper with that because I have no idea how to do this and make everybody happy. Biggest issue is to make everybody know where the screenshots go now, or alternatively provide a config option. But that would make things too complicated for now. Maybe later I do something about that.
You've already done so much!!! Thank you once again.

And like I've said before for the screenshot thing, just put all the screenshots taken into a folder literally called "Screenshots" located next game folder.
I don't think any reasonably intelligent person would find it too difficult to see where their screenshots haven now been placed.

May 26, 2019
Hey srksrk 68,

Please this is REALLY important.
In the main post of this thread you told Linux users to use the code snippet I showed you.

That code is a little inadequate since it not very generalized.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Instead, please instruct Linux users to first follow your installation instructions. They should extract the "game_overrides" folder into the "SummertimeSaga" folder so that the the "games_overrides" folder and the "game" folder are on the same level as each other!

Then Linux users should open up their terminal and use the "cd" command to navigate into the "game_overrides" directory.

Once the terminal states that they are in this directory, they should implement the bash code below (one line at a time):

Bash:
direc=`pwd`
find $direc -iname "*.png" -type f -print0 | xargs -0 rename 's/.png//' *.png
The code above (with the instructions provided beforehand) is more generalized than the original code and therefore, is more likely to work for all Linux users.

Cheers and thanks again.

Last edited:
May 26, 2019
I just checked this again and must wonder what you are talking about. Page-up and -down work like a charm. Did you install other mods as well?
Hey srksrk 68, after downloading and installing Mod Version 0.20.1-2.05, I am having the same troubles as Dr9i5.

I cannot get the rollback working using the Page-Up and Page-Down keyboard controls and I cannot get skipping working with either TAB or Ctrl keys.

Can you clearly explain how to alter the TributeMod.rpy file so that this problem is remedied?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hey srksrk 68,

Please this is REALLY important.
In the main post of this thread you told Linux users to use the code snippet I showed you.

That code is a little inadequate since it not very generalized.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Instead, please instruct Linux users to first follow your installation instructions. They should extract the "game_overrides" folder into the "SummertimeSaga" folder so that the the "games_overrides" folder and the "game" folder are on the same level as each other!

Then Linux user's should open up their terminal and use the "cd" command to navigate into the "game_overrides" directory.

Once the terminal states that they are in this directory, they should implement the bash code below (one line at a time):

Bash:
direc=`pwd`
find $direc -iname "*.png" -type f -print0 | xargs -0 rename 's/.png//' *.png
The code above (with the instructions provided beforehand) is more generalized than the original code and therefore, is more likely to work for all Linux users.

Cheers and thanks again.
I added this information in the first post.
Hey srksrk 68, after downloading and installing Mod Version 0.20.1-2.05, I am having the same troubles as Dr9i5.

I cannot get the rollback working using the Page-Up and Page-Down keyboard controls and I cannot get skipping working with either TAB or Ctrl keys.

Can you clearly explain how to alter the TributeMod.rpy file so that this problem is remedied?
I have no explanation why this should not work. I add the key controls near the beginning of TributeMod.rpy in section

### Key mappings and rollback.

Have you set parameter HANDLEROLLBACK to something else than 0? This is the precondition.

Can you check in console:

config.keymap["rollback"]

Since the mod only adds to that parameter list, if you are missing page-up or page-down it cannot have been there in the first place.

Last edited:
May 26, 2019
I just saw it. Thanks, it looks great!

I have no explanation why this should not work. I add the key controls near the beginning of TributeMod.rpy in section

### Key mappings and rollback.

Have you set parameter HANDLEROLLBACK to something else than 0? This is the precondition.

Can you check in console:

config.keymap["rollback"]

Since the mod only adds to that parameter list, if you are missing page-up or page-down it cannot have been there in the first place.
Forget about this problem! I just realized what the issue is.
Basically, the old saves became incompatible with the new mod.

Gonna have to start fresh again. But it is what it is. Thanks again.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Forget about this problem! I just realized what the issue is.
Basically, the old saves became incompatible with the new mod.

Gonna have to start fresh again. But it is what it is. Thanks again.
This happens sometimes. When you load an older save, you should make a new save in the main city map or MC's room, and load that save. This should kind of heal it.

Nobile1701

May 10, 2020
Hi folks,

I just want to share my Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod.

View attachment 668087
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What this mod does/does not
  1. This mod is meant as a fan tribute to the original game, sticking to the original as much as possible.
  2. This mod will not alter/modify/extend the original story line in any significant way.
  3. This mod alters some of the artwork and coding of the original game:
    • to be more naughty.
    • to get smoother animations.
    • to correct functional and logical bugs.
    • to enable some disabled features.
    • to increase immersion.
  4. This mod will attempt to fix any bugs to the original game, if you give a reproducable example and attach a savegame here, if possible.
  5. This mod will improve game mechanics (minigames, UI, navigation etc.) to make the game more enjoyable.
Check the readme to see more details! The readme can also be accessed via in-game menu.

Download it here:
For Summertime Saga 0.20.1:

Configuration file: see section "Configuration" below.

Optional:
Optional:
(Eve pierced/hairy, high heels for Roxxy, Becca, Missy, Ms. Okita, Ms. Bissette, Maria, Josephine, Tina, Tina heels/nipples, Tina heels/nipples/panties, and green hair for Judith)

For the optional content, also see the installation section below. Valid for all mod versions equal to or higher than version of the optional content itself, until updated.

List of Features

Increased Naughtiness:
  • New/naughtier sex/cumshot animations for every girl.
  • Smoother penetration and retraction animations.
  • More explicit after-sex images and scenes.
  • The action continues after sex for most scenes.
  • Modified the new cumshot and x-ray animations to be less comic-like and more transparent.
  • Increased dick size in new x-ray scenes.
  • Dripping creampies, animations are smoother and less robot-like. Those options can be configured in the mod's configuration menu.
Scene Modifications:
  • Ivy cowgirl and reverse cowgirl are animated much smoother, and she will get a surprise afterwards.
  • Helen's corset is now transparent as it should be.
  • Re-added Diane's lost cowgirl scene from version 0.16 into the new barn scene (randomly via change angle).
  • Unlocked new scene for Anna. Visit her again after you completed Erik/Mrs. Johnson quest.
  • Unlocked new scenes for Cassie. Visit her again and she no longer thinks that she does not know you well enough.
  • Added a new ending scene for the Diane boobjob option. The one you've been waiting for.
  • Naughtier Jenny telescope scene (Mia) when player is submissive.
  • Give Jenny a slapping during dining room sex!
Added Immersion:
  • Summerville lives: Characters have blinking eyes. Most girls are breathing in newer scenes. Most characters are moving their lips while talking in newer scenes. Fireworks on New Year's Eve and 4th of July -- seek out a high place, wait til dark and enjoy the show! Smoother daytime transitions, with afternoon and midnight ambient lightning. All those options can be configured in the mod's configuration menu.
  • Roxxy and the girls now have a nice fire going at the beach.
  • Fire burning during Eve's roof top party.
  • Improved Cannonball animation for Roxxy pool scene.
  • Altered some dialog lines (Cedric, Kevin, Coach Bridget, Ronda, Master Somrak, Dexter) to be aware of player stats (strength, dexterity).
  • Jenny stays naked if so chosen during camshow sex.
  • Added sprites at trailer park main map (Crystal, Clyde, Roxxy, Dogeek, trailer foreclosed) and beach entrance map (bikini contest, Roxxy and the girls) if present.
Story Bug Fixes:
  • Roxxy will wear the bikini instead of normal clothes in Missy and Becca spinbottle after sex dialogs.
  • Corrected minor clothing issue for the repeated Roxxy trailer sex scene.
  • Corrected MC wearing/not wearing trousers during Roxxy locker sex.
  • Added forgotten Crystal scene with unique dialogs. Was there all the time but could not be triggered. Just visit Roxxy in the evening and talk to Crystal outside the trailer first (after completing Roxxy story of course).
  • Corrected some clothing/undressing glitches in some scenes.
Game Mechanics:
  • Configuration UI with live preview and sample images.
  • Skip the age verification screen. By installing this mod, you confirm to be of legal age.
  • Added Roxxy icon as pre-splash screen so that you know what program you are about to start.
  • Enabled mouse wheel to roll back (use with caution -- may cause instabilities!). Restricted this so that mayor status changes like time and location cannot be skipped. Also there is no roll forward since this seems to cause problems. Users should use fast forward instead of roll forward.
  • Removed the toggle fast forward function from TAB key and assigned fast forward (without toggle) to it. Otherwise, it would keep fast forwarding after some dialog options. This option can be configured in the mod's configuration menu.
  • Moved Jenny pregnancy minigames to the end of intercourse so that the action is not disturbed.
  • Enabled skip minigame (cheating) option of Mrs. Johnson poker session, Squid fight when diving after Aqua, Aqua cave labyrinth, Clyde's Roxxy cheerleader shooting (after three fails), Dexter pushups contest, Dexter basketball match, final Dexter fight (after he defeated MC once), weight lifting, muay thai, maze, rap battle, karaoke and talent show. No need to cheat, though: you can still master them normally.
  • Complete inclusion of story hints in MC's phone (Debbie, Miss Dewitt, Miss Ross, Terry and Daisy).
  • Added a link to the Summertime Saga Wiki Walkthrough pages in game menu (ESC).
  • Added miniature icons for characters on main city map, to make them easier to locate. Appearance and timeout can be configured (see below).
  • Introduced a new parameters ICONSTIMEOUT, ICONSZOOM and ICONSSPACING, configurable in the mod's configuration menu.
  • Mute sound and music, blacken screen and show a neutral goodbye message upon exit. You know why.
  • Introduced a "Default Name" button for the file save dialog, which automatically adds some recent state information to the save's name.
  • Option for dressing/undressing Consuela and Diane during sex actions.
  • Added scenes that MC missed due to story branching decisions to fantasize about in bedroom (masturbate option). Does not require them to be unlocked in cookie jar.
Android Compatibility:
  • Slightly increased text sizes of dialogs and phone apps.
  • Swipe right to start skipping.
  • Swipe left to rollback/stop skipping.
  • Swipe down for game menu.
  • Back button for rollback.
  • Swipe down-up-down-up to open console (not of much use without suitable keyboard).
Game Bug Fixes:
  • Modified timings in basketball minigame to be independent from screen refresh rate. Is tricky and might still not work -- blame renpy for it...
  • Other fixes (see changelog).
Optional Content (found in separate archive):
  • Some girls will wear high heels during sex. Eve has found her lost nipple piercing, but may have lost her lady shave. Other options available as well, and may be added later.
  • This option can be configured in the mod's configuration menu.

Change Log

Current version:
Version 0.20.1-2.05:
  • Re-done the optional content system (game_overrides) to have sample and original images for a comparison in the config menu. Optional content needs to be downloaded again for this.
  • Sample images for original content now also work on Android.
  • Made the pregnancy minigame skippable with selectable outcome (win/lose) when skippable minigames are configured in the options. This is is independent from pregnax/cumdoom pills.
  • Made the spinbottle minigame skippable with selectable outcome by clicking on character image instead of spin button when skippable minigames are configured in the options.
  • Blocked rollback after bottle stopped spinning or character image has been clicked to avoid inconsistencies and deadlocks.
  • Added hint in configuration menu that parameter HANDLEROLLBACK requires restart.
  • Removed error message in configuration UI about Naughty Tribute Mod Config.txt not being found since this is not an error.
  • Fixed an issue where Helen's corsett and body could get out of sync during her Holy Seeding.

Screenshots

View attachment 213088 View attachment 213089 View attachment 213090 View attachment 243026 View attachment 213092 View attachment 213093 View attachment 213094 View attachment 213095 View attachment 243023 View attachment 243024 View attachment 317461 View attachment 329970 View attachment 346986 View attachment 409321 View attachment 612676 View attachment 612677 View attachment 659216 View attachment 612680

Have fun!
I can't find the 'game' folder in Android. All i find a file named 'files'

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi folks,

you have been heard. From now on, with version 2.06, it is possible to deliver pizzas in the evening. Also, on request, I made it possible to save screenshots in a separate folder. They may also contain additional info in the filename -- see details in the customizing UI.

Version 0.20.1-2.06:
  • Added option to configure screenshot folder and naming scheme. Can be customized in the configuration UI.
  • Made pizza minigame playable in the evening. Prepare for a dark night!
Edit:
Version 0.20.1-2.06b:
  • Enabled screenshots on Android, too. Gesture: swipe-up. You should set configuration option ALTSCREENSHOTS to 0 if you don't like to have screenshots on Android with this gesture.

Last edited:
May 26, 2019
Hi folks,

you have been heard. From now on, with version 2.06, it is possible to deliver pizzas in the evening. Also, on request, I made it possible to save screenshots in a separate folder. They may also contain additional info in the filename -- see details in the customizing UI.

Version 0.20.1-2.06:
  • Added option to configure screenshot folder and naming scheme. Can be customized in the configuration UI.
  • Made pizza minigame playable in the evening. Prepare for a dark night!
Edit:
Version 0.20.1-2.06b:
  • Enabled screenshots on Android, too. Gesture: swipe-up. You should set configuration option ALTSCREENSHOTS to 0 if you don't like to have screenshots on Android with this gesture.
srksrk 68, You seriously are the best man!!! Thanks again!!!

Reactions: srksrk 68
May 26, 2019
Hey srksrk 68, first I want to let you know that your version 2.06 of this mod is working fantastically.

My only problem is that my ability to use the "Page Up" and "Page Down" keys to roll back and move forward are once again gone.

This time I followed your instructions and made sure to save the game on the main map page.
I think this partially helped because I'm still able to fast forward through dialogue using "Ctrl" and "TAB" keys.

Is there anything you can suggest to help me out?
I tried having handlerollback set to 2 and then to back to 1 but this has done nothing.
I checked the keymappings section in TributeMod.rpy but there are no problems there.

Since we've established that the problem only happens with old saves (I said earlier that when I start a new game this problem entirely disappears), is there a way I can alter the save files to allow me to get this feature back?

Any insight would be of use. Thanks again!!

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Have you checked the config.keymap["rollback"] setting in the console?

Otherwise I cannot do much. If you attach a save here I can see if I can at least reproduce it.

May 26, 2019
Have you checked the config.keymap["rollback"] setting in the console?

Otherwise I cannot do much. If you attach a save here I can see if I can at least reproduce it.
I just restarted everything and deleted all my old saves.
Maybe next time if the problem reappears.
Thank again.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes