Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
OK, first of all, please do not spam this thread. There is an Edit button which you can use to edit your post and you don't need to write an additional one for ever thought that comes after...
I tried with (LOAD_ERRORHANDLING) at 1, 3 & 4 and it's finally 2 that works ...
Thanks to you for the help!
1 gives a warning (which you always got because that is the default) but does not repair anything. 2 repairs temporarily, but only 3 and 4 actually repair your save. But they can only repair until a certain level, so it may be necessary to repeat the repairing.
I have this message on my phone:
I wonder how Grace and Odette get along at the tattoo parlor.

I tried morning, noon and night; but they are never together, because Odette is pregnant and stays locked up in her apartment morning, noon and evening and Grace stays in the shop morning, noon and evening!

It is therefore difficult to trigger Hallowen in these conditions!
As written by another person, wait until the baby is gone. You should also refer to the official walkthrough (there is a link in the game menu if you have the mod installed).
For information :
Since I corrected (LOAD_ERRORHANDLING) to 2, the rollback is working again ...
That's one of the repair features.
There's one glaring inconsistency:
Grace is in the hospital with her babies, and then I click on "You and Odette need a massage." or "What about a massage" and I immediately find myself in his apartment for a sex party with Grace or with Grace and Odette !!!
OK I will check this. Thought I fixed it some time ago.
It's Monday morning, EVE is supposed to be at school in my class, but she's not here and I can't find her anywhere, she's not in the GAME. Another mystery to be solved!
It's the same for the following days ...
This problem is also present in the unmodded game. Please try to deactivate the mod first (parameter DISABLE_MOD) and see if problem also occur after restart with the mod disabled before reporting a bug.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
When starting the game, I:

1) get an error in locations.__init__
2) get an error in TributeMod.rpy > recovery.rpy (global name "recovery_stack" not defined)

BTW: why not use the /mods folder? It would be easier to manage.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations/location_init.rpy", line 5, in <module>
TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'ref'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\Games\SummertimeSaga\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\Games\SummertimeSaga\renpy\main.py", line 488, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "scripts/core/systems/locations/location_init.rpyc", line 1, in script
File "scripts/core/systems/locations/location_init.rpyc", line 1, in script
File "D:\Games\SummertimeSaga\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\Games\SummertimeSaga\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations/location_init.rpy", line 5, in <module>
TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'ref'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
SummertimeSaga 0.20.7
Tue Oct 27 16:34:44 2020
What do you mean by "When starting the game"? Do you just start the EXE or do you load a save? If the second, please attach the save here. The "recovery_stack" error usually is a follow-up error when the game cannot properly close because of some thing that could not be loaded before. It should normally not occur.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Seeing as how Lain's Mod and Ikarumod V1 aren't likely to be updated soon, is there any way/wish to intergrade the Fan DLC scenes from Lain's Mod and the story branch feature, activates both sides of all the split branched stories, from Ikarumod V1? If not, its cool. I just thought it would be good food for thought at the very least.
You're not the first thinking that. But it's not like I have nothing else to do... ;)

And it would mean to alter the original game's story, which is explicitly something this Mod is not intended for.

Reactions: Tyrion1368

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi guys,

version 1.02 is up with an interesting new feature. Fantasize to bang different girl instead while actually boinking another. This time, you can fantasize about Eve while being in the crypt with Odette.

This is just an experimental feature, but I am thinking about things like moving scenes to different locations or such. Tell me what you think!

Version 0.20.7-1.02:
  • What if... Eve joined us to visit Odette in the crypt? It's a dream, after all...
  • Moved some Cookie Jar scenes to night time where they belong.
  • Fixed that Grace could be talked into a massage when still in labour or carrying her baby.
Have fun!

Last edited:

c14693

Mar 28, 2018
Setting (LOAD_ERRORHANDLING) to 4 freezes to game. Can't even load a game now since setting was placed at 4 permanently and game crashes when attempting to start a new game or go through the steps on fixing save game issues.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Setting (LOAD_ERRORHANDLING) to 4 freezes to game. Can't even load a game now since setting was placed at 4 permanently and game crashes when attempting to start a new game or go through the steps on fixing save game issues.
I would very much wonder how that should be possible since the parameter only kicks in when you actually load a save, not when you start the game.

Also, note that value 4 should only be used if value 3 did not work, as stated in the documentation. Did you try 3 first?

Howver, you can always manually edit the file "game\Naughty Tribute Naughty Tribute Mod Config.txt". In section

### 6 Tribute Mod ###

find parameter LOAD_ERRORHANDLING and set it to the appropriate value or comment it out for the default value 1.

Here is an example of the parameter being commented out, i.e. default 1 is set:
Code:
# Handling of savegame loading errors.
# Allowed Values: 0 1 2 3 4
# Value Explanation:
# 0 (ignore -- not recommended)
# 1 (warn and ignore)
# 2 (warn and repair temporarily when loaded)
# 3 (warn and repair permanently with next save)
# 4 (same as 3, plus remove superflous triggers -- use only if 3 did not help)
# Original Value (if applicable): 0
# Naughty Tribute Default: 1
#LOAD_ERRORHANDLING = 1
Here an example for value 2:
Code:
# Handling of savegame loading errors.
# Allowed Values: 0 1 2 3 4
# Value Explanation:
# 0 (ignore -- not recommended)
# 1 (warn and ignore)
# 2 (warn and repair temporarily when loaded)
# 3 (warn and repair permanently with next save)
# 4 (same as 3, plus remove superflous triggers -- use only if 3 did not help)
# Original Value (if applicable): 0
# Naughty Tribute Default: 1
LOAD_ERRORHANDLING = 2
Every line beginning with a # is a comment. Only lines without a # are actually active. If the parameter has anything to do with your problems, they should go away with that. If not, try out value 0 because that would be the same as in original unmodded game.

Note that you can also delete the entire file and have everything set to default.

You should also try to delete those three files:

"<SummertimeSaga>\game\cache\screens.rpyb"
"<SummertimeSaga>\game\cache\bytecode.rpyb"
"<SummertimeSaga>\game\cache\pyanalysis.rpyb"

Note also that if nothing else helps, you can disable the mod entirely by setting parameter DISABLE_MOD to 1 (of course the config file must not be deleted in that case).

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2017
I believe I found the trigger that was misfiring causing me to be unable to get Odette's new Halloween content.

If you have already completed Eve's route, and you've had sex with Grace, you can use a couple of console commands to hit the triggers in the code that weren't working correctly.

Enter these commands:

Machine.trigger(T_ode00_init, from_load=M_odette, force_save=True)
Machine.trigger(T_all_sleep, from_load=M_odette, force_save=True)

The next weekday morning you enter the tattoo parlor, you should get the first Halloween scene setting up the new content.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I believe I found the trigger that was misfiring causing me to be unable to get Odette's new Halloween content.

If you have already completed Eve's route, and you've had sex with Grace, you can use a couple of console commands to hit the triggers in the code that weren't working correctly.

Enter these commands:

Machine.trigger(T_ode00_init, from_load=M_odette, force_save=True)
Machine.trigger(T_all_sleep, from_load=M_odette, force_save=True)

The next weekday morning you enter the tattoo parlor, you should get the first Halloween scene setting up the new content.
Thanks for this suggestion, but I would rather need a save to reproduce the issue. Some people had that before, but it turned out that it seemed to be related to outdated mods they used. Could never be reproduced by me.

Apr 22, 2017
Thanks for this suggestion, but I would rather need a save to reproduce the issue. Some people had that before, but it turned out that it seemed to be related to outdated mods they used. Could never be reproduced by me.
Here's my save. The only mod I used was the naughty tribute mod matching the version of the game I was playing.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Here's my save. The only mod I used was the naughty tribute mod matching the version of the game I was playing.
Have you migrated this save from an older version of the game, and has Odette's story been complete at that time (i.e. Grace/Odette massage sex already done)?

Edit: I think I found the problem. Uploading a fix shortly.

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi guys,

time for a bugfix. If your Odette Halloween scene does not trigger, you should give this a try.

Version 0.20.7-1.03:
  • Fixed Odette Halloween graveyard scene would not trigger if her story was not finished when importing a save. To fix that, visit her and Grace on Weekend evening for a massage.
  • Internal clean-up.
  • Added an even clearer clarification to the "Mod outdated" notification that players have to wait for an update. Doh!
Please note that this time it's really important to install clean, i.e. do not copy over but delete all files in the game/scripts folder before installing the mod. To be sure, make a backup of your game/saves folder and install everything fresh, then copy your game/saves folder into the new installation.

Have fun!

Darkcrow20

Jun 13, 2020
Srksrk 68, I first just wanted to thank you for the mod. It really enhances the game.

Second thing is that I noticed is that since the new update, the option to talk Odette into giving Grace a massage/meditate is no longer there. (Maybe because Odette's not in the garage anymore?)
The option for the Grace's solo is still there though...but yeah, no more 3way. I wasn't sure the cause but I figured I would let you know.

Thanks!

Bane84

Feb 5, 2018
Srksrk 68, I first just wanted to thank you for the mod. It really enhances the game.

Second thing is that I noticed is that since the new update, the option to talk Odette into giving Grace a massage/meditate is no longer there. (Maybe because Odette's not in the garage anymore?)
The option for the Grace's solo is still there though...but yeah, no more 3way. I wasn't sure the cause but I figured I would let you know.

Thanks!
you can only do the 3way on weekends i think

Bane84

Feb 5, 2018
Hi guys,

time for a bugfix. If your Odette Halloween scene does not trigger, you should give this a try.

Version 0.20.7-1.03:
  • Fixed Odette Halloween graveyard scene would not trigger if her story was not finished when importing a save. To fix that, visit her and Grace on Weekend evening for a massage.
  • Internal clean-up.
  • Added an even clearer clarification to the "Mod outdated" notification that players have to wait for an update. Doh!
Please note that this time it's really important to install clean, i.e. do not copy over but delete all files in the game/scripts folder before installing the mod. To be sure, make a backup of your game/saves folder and install everything fresh, then copy your game/saves folder into the new installation.

Have fun!
well damn i should have read that before copying the files over. do you need to clean install the whole game and all mods or just delete the scripts folder then copy the new mod version over?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
well damn i should have read that before copying the files over. do you need to clean install the whole game and all mods or just delete the scripts folder then copy the new mod version over?
It's the scripts folder. Delete that and install the mods.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018

Thanks!
Yeah that's a bit inconsistent. That option only comes up on week days if Grace is pregnant. Maybe I do a bit of re-work here some time.

Necronlord3

Nov 1, 2019
Should the crypt event be available if Odette is pregnant? As far as I'm aware there are variables for it in the files

Last edited:

mangrand78

Aug 1, 2019
Is there anyway that you can make a second version of your mod that could include the original incest storyline?

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes