j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Maybe they should have done the GTAV approach and intoduche three different MCs, so that each part of the story can be played from a different perspective?
I don't want to imagine the work all those redraws would be. :unsure:

That said, I'd like to have a more defined and choice based path through the game. Even though DC seemed to be moving in the other direction, Jenny's update gave me some hope that we may see a little bit more of that in the future. That said, I'm prepared to be disappointed since actual choices which cut of whole scenes, branches, etc. seem to be really unpopular among many players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
I think the problem is that you're expecting a linear story with consistent characters dev, especially for the mc. however the different between SS and the typical visual novel is that there are choices to be made and the availability of choices because the MC suppose to be a reflection of the actual player themselves. So just because an option is available, it doesn't mean you as a player need to take it. and keep in mind, the finished game PROBABLY won't allow you to romance every character in the roster anyway because your relationship with one character might block off your chance with another. BUT like I said just because the option is there doesn't mean YOU, as the player, has to take it.
To further add on this, there will be detriments to multiple paths in the final game where the relationship points are added up and you lack enough for the prom.

sadmax

Jun 17, 2017
I
Well yeah, but the post that I was referred to earlier at least explains why there's save compatibility issues regarding Eric's content. I still hate it, but it's better to know why I guess...?

Agreed.

Eh, I don't know. To me the word mislead is pretty strong here. I believe he will implement save compatibility some time, I don't really know why he's got a milestone for it though since it should take priority.

I assume that he is going to add a second coder to the project? What exactly is the nature of the milestone?

Well, he is an amateur and to be fair most people aren't good leaders, nor do they know how to control resources or organize work, projects, who does what, enforce deadlines.. You know, the whole shebang.

On a related note, I find most of Summertime Saga's update contains quite a few bugs. Might be related to the release schedule and him not wanting to put it off any more than he has to considering, as I said, he doesn't update frequently.

We're all entitled to one mate :D
I'm pretty sure the save compatability is attached to a vote. I think I've seen it once.

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
Wonder what would they do with Erik? More sex between the MC and Erik's mom? or just more interaction with him like buying him games and such?
I'm guessing a bit more sex with his mom. But I also think that they are adding gay options with both Eric and Kevin, so I'm guessing that for the first rework it might focus on Eric's storyline.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Wonder what would they do with Erik? More sex between the MC and Erik's mom? or just more interaction with him like buying him games and such?
As far as I see it, DC is not that happy with Erik's quests as they are. All those buying quests were likely done because they had to save time, so I'd expect some of those to be replaced with better ones. Next to that DC said that he wants to make Erik the best friend he's meant to be. Right now all MC does is buying stuff for him and even Kevin seems to be more of a bro.

Else we'll certainly get a few more scenes and I'd expect DC to get rid of the whole "cucking Erik" theme in June's story, which he said he didn't like that much either.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Reminds me of my relief back in the 0.13-0.14 days when I found out Mia wasn't the trap
In case of Eve I'll only rest once her story is out. Sploosh saying that they may produce a male and female version of that trap arc to appease fans just stuck with me. That said, I really love the trolling potential and by now it's actually the first update ever I'm really interested in.

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
As far as I see it, DC is not that happy with Erik's quests as they are. All those buying quests were likely done because they had to save time, so I'd expect some of those to be replaced with better ones. Next to that DC said that he wants to make Erik the best friend he's meant to be. Right now all MC does is buying stuff for him and even Kevin seems to be more of a bro.

Else we'll certainly get a few more scenes and I'd expect DC to get rid of the whole "cucking Erik" theme in June's story, which he said he didn't like that much either.
/Sarcasm
The Eric update, 4 months of work that add 2 new scenes, and take away 2 old ones. Can't wait!
/

DC should make Eric and Kevin both gay and they can have eachother. Win win.

SDaddy666

May 5, 2017
You shouldn't have answered them - it's just a waste of time:

- they will NEVER admit that the last 2 updates are utter GARBAGE;

- they will NEVER admit that every rework DC made on old stories and characters worsened the game A LOT;

- they will NEVER admit that the new Rhonda, the new Eve and the new gym teacher are dull and shallow;

- they will NEVER admit that the pregnancy "thing" is trash and totally ruined everything;

- they will NEVER admit that the storyline is pure crap right now;

- they will NEVER admit that the save incompatibility issue is totally unacceptable;

- most of all, they will NEVER admit that the game will never be finished.

So, let's leave them alone and let them worship their god. Peacefully. :rolleyes:
i have no other choice but to agree. this game is simply going too far by making ppl wait 3 months to play 2 scenes after replaying the entire thing for the 30th time.This cannot work.

4.20 star(s) 337 Votes