j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
If there will be more pro widescreen than pro content people this game will take another 10 years to finish

Be Against this stupid idea
Well, one shouldn't get too worked up about this. The game will need at least 3 years to finish anyway. Sure, it's fine to argue about those 2 additional months, but in the big picture they'll hardly matter.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
It would indeed be interesting to see wether they'd go with 16:9 or 18:9.

And sure, it'll matter for others, too, but on a PC you have much more options (I'm playing in window mode anyway, for example) so it doesn't really matter as much. At least I've never had an issue with 4:3. On a 18:9 smartphone on other hand 4:3 actually feels somewhat odd, given how massive the bars are and given that you don't have a choice. Add that some elements feel (too) small at times and you start wishing they'd use a bit more screen space. As said, it's a comfort feature.
Black bars on Android phones have the advantage that you can tab the screen to advance dialog without accidently tabbing a button.

Edit: that leads me to an idea. Why not keep the game at 4:3 basically, but use the now black bars for something useful, like the HUD, or a dialog history? Just move the phone and inventory buttons (all the UI controls actually) off screen to the left, add the last couple of dialog lines below, maybe the most recent goal tracker, and be happy!

Last edited:

dragonangel

Jan 15, 2019
that leads me to an idea. Why not keep the game at 4:3 basically, but use the now black bars for something useful, like the HUD, or a dialog history? Just move the phone and inventory buttons (all the UI controls actually) off screen to the left, add the last couple of dialog lines below, maybe the most recent goal tracker, and be happy!
Submit this to DarkCookie.

Kenuichi

Aug 28, 2017
In the end it's probably "now" or never, each further update will make it harder and harder. It has always been a historical "flaw" of the game, but correcting it will certainly take quite a bit of time while it's technically not really neccessary. I personally don't really mind but I can already see why people would complain. Unlike those reworks before, this is indeed a luxury update - though it will comfort mobile players quite a bit.

Edit: For those who care what DC wrote:

Widescreen conversion poll! (ADDED INFO)

Would you be willing to post-pone a future update by 1 or 2 months in order to switch Summertime Saga to widescreen resolution? It would mean extending (make them bigger) all backgrounds, including locations/minigames/sex scenes/etc.
The upside of making this change:
  • The game would fit better on mobile device (and most screens).
  • Backgrounds and environments would look nicer.
  • Characters would have more room on screen.
The downside of making this change:
  • We would need to pause the development for a month or two while we fix all backgrounds and animations to fit the new widescreen resolution.
EDIT:
Clarifications:
- If we did make a widescreen transition it would be certainly after 0.20.5 (or later)
- It would apply to all platforms (OS), not just Android
- The map would also be affected, and potentially open some room for additional locations.

Polling options:

1. I would like the widescreen change! I don't mind pausing content development for a few months.
2. I don't care too much about widescreen and prefer seeing the continuation of content development.
Well tbh I don't mind for DC to pause the update with Tony's wife if it means to help out people playing Summertime Saga on their phones,me included to made the game look better on android device with a better resolution cause honestly it kinda bothered me seeing some sex scenes withouth a full resolution and black borders even though i was really expecting the new update when we could've had some fun with Tony's wife but if that means making my game experience better i'm down for it,I hope it will not take too much time to complete it and DC starts focusing on the new update.

Reactions: AngelAIGS

f95zoneguy

Jan 14, 2018
i didn't even realize the sex scenes weren't fullscreen. i had to start the game and load something to check for myself. because of that it doesn't seem like a big deal. also i have no idea who is playing this stuff on phones or mobile devices, is it really that common?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
...also i have no idea who is playing this stuff on phones or mobile devices, is it really that common?
I can't recall any detailed numbers ,but I think DC said on one of his streams that the andriod version accounts for like ~30% of downloads on their homepage by now. He mentioned that quite a while ago, so I have no idea how accurate that number is or wether my memory is actually playing tricks on me.

But given how much they invested into the playability and in keeping the size of the game down, I wouldn't be surprised if those were accurate. The mobile market in general certainly has potential, given that there are quite a few people around in the "casual sphere", who aren't using their PC that much.

Reactions: omarsayed

Kenuichi

Aug 28, 2017
I can't recall any detailed numbers ,but I think DC said on one of his streams that the andriod version accounts for like ~30% of downloads on their homepage by now. He mentioned that quite a while ago, so I have no idea how accurate that number is or wether my memory is actually playing tricks on me.

But given how much they invested into the playability and in keeping the size of the game down, I wouldn't be surprised if those were accurate. The mobile market in general certainly has potential, given that there are quite a few people around in the "casual sphere", who aren't using their PC that much.
And for now i'm really happy that DC still makes his game compatible for android/ios, some devs stopped making their games for mobile phones too and just pc

Reactions: j4yj4m

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
i think it would be better to just accept that this game is 4:3 and move on. you'll always find something to make better... be it art, technical stuff or in this case the aspect ratio, but 4:3 to my knowledge hasn't stopped anyone from fapping to to this game so i say keep it how it is, finish it and then make the next game widescreen or VR or whatever.

Angora Kitty

Sep 20, 2018
One question: What sort of incest-patch for 0.19.5 you prefer?
Until version 0.18.6, I used successfully 'RoberJ v1.3' for 0.17.5 and it worked nicely.
With a little trick (RobertJ may forgive me!) I was starting the incest-patch with 0.19.5...
...but suddenly Eric says "Mrs. Johnson" to his mom and that is sign enough for me, that this patch belonged at its borders!
So my question to the comunity: What incest-patch you prefer, for playing since v.0.19.x?
Many thanks for helpings.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
One question: What sort of incest-patch for 0.19.5 you prefer?
Until version 0.18.6, I used successfully 'RoberJ v1.3' for 0.17.5 and it worked nicely.
With a little trick (RobertJ may forgive me!) I was starting the incest-patch with 0.19.5...
...but suddenly Eric says "Mrs. Johnson" to his mom and that is sign enough for me, that this patch belonged at its borders!
So my question to the comunity: What incest-patch you prefer, for playing since v.0.19.x?
Many thanks for helpings.
I generally use the ones I find on LewdPatcher.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
HOLY SHIT GUYS..................i just asked darkcookie ON stream

pregnant sex with maria coming this update :D
So much to "What, only 5 HC scenes for this long wait?!?"

:)

I imagine that means all scenes could be multiplied by 2 (with/without belly). Or at least some of them.

Yarini666

Jan 29, 2020
with this game a special bond joins me was the first one of sexual content that I played, after this I was hooked with this world, it is a pity that after v15 they will withdraw incest, but it still captivates me

4.10 star(s) 354 Votes