TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
I play without cheats or mods and they take always ALL of my money.

Can someone tell me what Bank - Interest means? is it something like time deposit where your money is increasing?. I've bin waiting for some days but my money didn't increase at all.
If you don't have a lot of money they might take all of your money. I don't think he programmer the cheat mode to take less money because that would be pretty bad game design.

As for your other question, yes, if you let your money sit in the bank you'll get more over time.

Asakura15 No you can't.

Reactions: Asakura15

Ruodger

Sep 20, 2018
I loaded a save from the previous version and in a way it worked well to a certain extent ... The stories of Debbie and Diane went back to zero, I imagine because they are intertwined and all the new stuff of the mobsters, but it worked until the moment when Diane asks to get the breast pump in the kitchen, from then on whenever we try to talk to her in the garden, there is a screen error with ignore, but everything else works. Would it not be possible for the Developer to perhaps resolve this inconsistency? Perhaps with that, would the problems with previous saves end?

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
I loaded a save from the previous version and in a way it worked well to a certain extent ... The stories of Debbie and Diane went back to zero, I imagine because they are intertwined and all the new stuff of the mobsters, but it worked until the moment when Diane asks to get the breast pump in the kitchen, from then on whenever we try to talk to her in the garden, there is a screen error with ignore, but everything else works. Would it not be possible for the Developer to perhaps resolve this inconsistency? Perhaps with that, would the problems with previous saves end?
No. You not being able to get the breast pump is just a symptom of the saves not working, not a cause.

If you upload an error log maybe we can figure out what the error is about, but it is highly likely that you're going to have to start a new game. Even if this one's fixed, odds are there's something else further down the line that's broken.

Ruodger

Sep 20, 2018
No. You not being able to get the breast pump is just a symptom of the saves not working, not a cause.

If you upload an error log maybe we can figure out what the error is about, but it is highly likely that you're going to have to start a new game. Even if this one's fixed, odds are there's something else further down the line that's broken.
I hope it helps.

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
I hope it helps.
I'm only a novice so I'm not very helpful in this regard. Part of the error, however, is simply a missing image which I believe is safe to ignore. There are also quite a few errors with the code. What happens when you try to ignore the error?

Ruodger

Sep 20, 2018
I'm only a novice so I'm not very helpful in this regard. Part of the error, however, is simply a missing image which I believe is safe to ignore. There are also quite a few errors with the code. What happens when you try to ignore the error?
When ignored, there are a few more error pages (+4 or 5) and then a scene appears with an end of dialogue with her wearing the cow clothes and again the scenery returns to the garden with her waiting.

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
When ignored, there are a few more error pages (+4 or 5) and then a scene appears with an end of dialogue with her wearing the cow clothes and again the scenery returns to the garden with her waiting.
Then I don't think anything but starting a new save or not completing her storyline (which I assume you can't ignore because of that update, but I haven't played that far yet myself).

Reactions: Ruodger

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
Why does this dev never figured out how to get old saves work, starting a new game everytime is just complete BS.
He's an artist, not a coder. The initial coder he hired, was REALLY bad, so the code is a mess, I am sure.

Brian1949

Donor
Oct 9, 2017
I haven't played this game in about a year, I want to start a completely clean new game, how do I get rid of all my old saves completely, I tried deleting the saves but when I start a new game all the stats are maxed and the cookie jar still contains all the scenes. Many thanks.

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
I haven't played this game in about a year, I want to start a completely clean new game, how do I get rid of all my old saves completely, I tried deleting the saves but when I start a new game all the stats are maxed and the cookie jar still contains all the scenes. Many thanks.
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\SummertimeSaga

X:\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc_compressed\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc compressed\game\saves
(Save folder inside the SS game folder.

Delete everything inside the folders.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I dont know why but the animated scenes just look so horrible (sometimes) completely different art style, and it kind of doesnt fit. this update in general was more like meh but we have to wait for 20.5 to give it a full review.... besides that i cant be the only one who thinks, debbies old style just looks horrible or am i?
So you are saying the new style looks horrible and the old style looks horrible. Why are you playing?

Reactions: Vibescu

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I dont get it. Do I have to start a whole new game to play the new content?
Yes, you don't get it. You don't. Just load an old save and continue with the new stuff.
Why does this dev never figured out how to get old saves work, starting a new game everytime is just complete BS.
He did and you don't have to.
only game on here that cant figure this out, unreal
That's not quite true...
Says can start the new content right from the start? how? where are these new characters to talk to?
For me it was just going down to the home's hallway. You have to have some progress with Debbie already maybe.
If you can't figure out how to make saves work after all this time.

You know nothing about Renpy. I suggest you fire your programmer. And fast.
Maybe within 5 years he finally figures out how to keep the god damn saves functional. Im not gonna start this game again for tenth time.
Why do you keep saying this? Did you even try? Ssve compatibility is here since 0.19.1 already.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: hapikala_donut

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I hope it helps.
Then I don't think anything but starting a new save or not completing her storyline (which I assume you can't ignore because of that update, but I haven't played that far yet myself).
I will fix this with my mod once I come to it (most likely in the next days). Meanwhile, you can try placing (copying) an image with the same name where it is missing according to the error. Copy one with the same name but with a different outfit (something else than "cow").

Reactions: TheKingCobra
4.20 star(s) 343 Votes